Tower Loan Employee Reviews

Listen to the reviews
Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 20, 2019
PLEASE, anyone who is applying or thinking of accepting an offer, READ THE AGREEMENT they will have you sign for employment. If you ever decide to better your career with any similar company or direct competitor, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO! They limit who you can go work for for years and within an outrageous mile perimeter. The manager lied about the pay, stating up to a certain amount can be bonus eligible. per the offer letter, the base salary was $4,000 less plus the so call “bonus” is abysmal. Supervisor was very rude and seem on a power trip. Basically implied, THERE IS NOTHING OUTSIDE OF TOWER LOAN! With the hours being all day and “occasional” Saturday's, by the time you work 49 plus hours a week, you can make twice as much @ a fast food restaurant. If you’re absolutely desperate, with no other choices, go for it!
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Hours, Employment agreement
Unprofessional work environment, dishonest work practice to reach company goals
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAApril 18, 2019
The job function and duties are okay, it’s the environment and the mishandling of employees and over stepping professional boundaries. Management needs a professional development class on proper employee and employer relationships. The techniques used by management to hit monthly goals are gonna offset the branch’s delinquency volume. The long hours and overtime was not worth the disrespect experienced. While working with tower loan I saw many workers come and go. They can not keep anyone and I now understand why. Thankful for the experience because now I appreciate more than anything is to be in a healthy work environment. If you don’t mind the long hours and mistreatment from staff this may be a job for you.
Pros
Some pleasant customers may brighten your day
Cons
Unpaid overtime, long hours, unprofessional work environment
The worst
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 15, 2019
The only tip I have is to not work there. Horrible home life 47+ hours a week cheap overtime. Traveling where every they want you to go without choice.
No time to live life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 13, 2019
The company requires you to relocate anywhere they operate. They do not respect life funerals , family, time off. They relocate you and treat you like nothing.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Relocation. No real vacation
It’s not worth it
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 3, 2019
Staying with this company as long as I did is one of my biggest regrets. Here’s why:

From the beginning when the regional supervisor gave me information about the job I was mislead on the working hours, pay, and job expectations. Realistically you work at min 49+ hours a week with no sick days, and no vacation for the first year+ of employment. And after you’ve been promoted and earned your vacation time they discourage you from taking it by way of threatening your job if you do.

They will tell you that you are a salaried employee and have the chance at overtime but the overtime is not time and a half it is half time.

As far as job expectations go, there are daily and monthly solicitation and delinquency goals. If you do not meet your goals you must stay late several days a week and work every Saturday of the month. As a manager if you do not meet your goals they will fire you with no hesitation. This company has an extremely high turnover rate. They fire people at the drop of a hat or relocate them. I moved twice for the company and am still paying rent on an apartment I don’t even live in anymore.

At the end of the day the pay is NOT worth having absolutely no life outside of the company and living in a constant stressful state. “Tower before self” is the company motto and they take that extremely seriously.
Cons
Pay, working hours, company culture
Very demanding, long hours, good starting pay.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 3, 2019
The starting pay is good. The work load is alot , but if you are willing to work long hours the pay can be worth it. Not alot of jobs out there offering the pay that they do but also not alot of jobs expect/demand the results they do. Over all a good company to work for if you have little to no experience
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work load . Work life balance
Not a good job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAMarch 23, 2019
The worse job I had manger doesn’t know how to talk to worker was very rude they don’t train they just threw me in there , expected me to know everything about the company ! They are very unconsidered
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Stressful
N/a
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jena, LAMarch 22, 2019
Tower loan was a great place to work. A great place to learn. It taught me a lot about the work force and how to navigate loans. I enjoyed my time there!
Intense but friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2019
There has been more of a hyper-focus on the loan goals the last couple of months as the numbers were not consistent for each employee in the office branches. I was told this was not a sales job but there are commission bonuses if you do meet the minimum loan goals monthly. I was wanting to not be in a quota based job anymore and every other aspect of my job I have enjoyed and still do. They compensate with free lunches for certain days and raised bonuses during high volume months to incentivize meeting the minimum goals. I personally have found that I am not up to these sales demands but have watched co-workers excel and reap the rewards. My position handles face-to-face and over the phone interactions with current, former and new customers. I enjoy everything about my position except for not being able to meet sales requirements which I have been making extra efforts to achieve. Upper management is around frequently and does not shy away from helping in the offices they travel to. I have worked for two offices now and have loved working for both managers and my co-workers.
Predatory Lending
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  LAMarch 18, 2019
Predatory consumer finance company. They are just as horrible to their employees as they are to their customers. It's really disgusting. I would not recommend the company to anyone with any ethics, compassion, or morals. If you don't have a decent bone in your body, then, by all means, go ahead and sign up.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Liiterally everything else
Undecided
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jennings, LAMarch 17, 2019
I am not sure about the job. I really do not care for soliciting customers. I am ok with asking them if I can get them some extra cash but I am not ok with continuing to persuade them if I am told no.
Pros
I love the office work
Cons
Soliciting customers- not my cup of tea
Loan and credit manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAMarch 12, 2019
Tower loan was a good place once you got to know your employees and build a relationship with them. management was always helpful and willing to help you
Pros
Health benefits
Great environment, learning everyday
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MSMarch 11, 2019
Fun environment with great coworkers and they were always helpful. As a manager trainee, i learned new things daily. There is always the ability to rise in the company and make more money
Pros
Free lunches during holidays
Cons
Stressful, competitive to a fault, dangerous
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMarch 10, 2019
Expectations set were always unrealistic for the short staff availability and business model failure within the community. Especially with a lack of proper advertisement strategies or fundamental exploitative business methodologies such as community organizing and support for visibility. Tower was not a well known business in either location I worked in and for those who did know us, generally had negative feelings and attitudes towards the products provided.

Field calling delinquent customers was not only stressful and required of managers, it was dangerous. I had weapons pulled on me personally on three different occasions. Granted none of which were because of my business with the customer, it always had to do with outside circumstances such as family issues or safety concerns in the area and someone knocks on door unexpectedly.
Pros
Annual company meetings, good incentive pay programs
Cons
Dangerous at times field calling, lack of communication between branches, lack of respect towards employees, lack of clear training and standardization on product offerings, false job descriptions compared to personnel expectations particularly for the front desk
Tower Loan
Manager Trainee/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSFebruary 26, 2019
Good job for someone not interested in going to college but will still like to have a decent life. However, there is no work-life balance and overtime is a scam.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2019
No job security.. room for advancement but you must meet requirements.. some pros and cons.. no life outside of Tower.. rude customers.. constant changes
Stressful but rewarding
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 5, 2019
If you can handle the pressures of daily goals and tough supervisors, then tower is the company for you. The pay is great but if you work as a manager trainee, you better be willing to move WHERE EVER and WHEN EVER they tell you. If not, they will fire you on the spot.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No consideration on relocations
Professionalism
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 5, 2019
The job never strayed from being professional constantly - from how you sat at your desk to how you handled customers. A disciplined and focused mind was required to move forward through the company.
Pros
Reasonable compensation
Cons
Required to move when asked
Super stressful
Customer Service Representative & Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, AL 36027January 30, 2019
I went through 5 managers in less than a year. Job is extremely competitive and highly stressful, even for a CSR. CSR position is great though, if you’re able to multitask, are competitive, and firm. CSR position is the backbone of the office, so be prepared to learn quickly. Pay is pretty good and there opportunities to get incentives. There is little concern for your home life, especially if you are a manager trainee or manager - so if you have children etc, that is something to keep in mind. Overall, I learned a lot from this job, but going through so many managers made my experience far from pleasant.
Pros
Hour lunch, insurances, possible incentives
Cons
Management, stressful environment
Great Stepping Stone
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 7, 2018
An excellent place to work hard, make some money and get a jump start on your career. You perform multiple roles which make you versatile. The harder you work, the better you do, the more money you can make. I encourage anyone to pursue a career with Tower.
Pros
Money, Knowledge, Career Growth
Cons
Upper Management, Hours, Relocation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tower Loan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight