Tower Loan Employee Reviews

Worse Company I have ever worked for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 11, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The upper management lacks leadership and focus on motivating their staff by fear instead of training. If you want to hurt people for a living this is the job for you. The company goal is to get people in an endless loop of debt.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Have to be tough for this job
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJune 8, 2018
My days were pretty typical work salvage, collections, solicit. Solicit each and every customer.
The hours were unpredictable because you worked overtime if numbers were not good but I didn't work a lot of overtime during my tenure.
My Branch Manager was really nice sometimes and very rude sometimes. She was kind of unprofessional and unorganized.
11 Chapter Training Manual, I finished in two months but it took others longer.
Pros
Pay, Hour lunch break
Cons
Branch manager was disrespectful, work/life balance
Tower Loan Work Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 24, 2018
Working at Tower Loan was overall a great place to work. assisting customers with their needs about loans and providing friendly and great customer service. It consisted of cash handling, multi-asking with the computer, and being able to answer calls as they came through.
The focus is on getting loans and keeping delinquency low
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 23, 2018
Each person is expected to have 100 phone calls per day, but we don't cold call anyone. We only call existing or former customers. There are a lot of good people in management positions, but a management position can be somewhat stressful. The company believes in being firm but fair with people. We do our own collections, so we have to try to keep our delinquency numbers as low as possible. Anyone who wants to advance into management must be willing to relocate.
Pros
Helping people
Will promote a Mt to a failing store out of state and fire them
Mt/Manager (Former Employee) –  LAMay 19, 2018
Pay is great, but the company expects a new manager to move out of state away from everyone just so the can fire you in 90 days because you can't pick up the failing store out of the bottom 10 in the company. They will also question your commitment even though you just picked up your family and moved out of state. The company could be great, but if they want their stores to be profitable again they should put an experienced manager in a bottom 10 store rather than a new manager.
great opportunity to advance within the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bruce, MSMay 15, 2018
great company to work for! works well with parents on daycare routine and great hours! it can be stressful sometimes but well worth the pay. they also give great benefits
Work Work Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 7, 2018
Tower is a fast paced environment. All they care about is work. They do not care about your personal life. You put your all entergy into tower. You have to meet your goals or the office life isn't good.
Pros
Free lunches if you meet goals.
Cons
You are the managers ginnie pig.
Great opportunity, but also great level of stress.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILApril 30, 2018
If you're looking for a stable job then go for it. If you wish for advancement and to be challenged then a few years into this job may bore you. I had a good experience but ultimately I wasn't happy.
tower loan
MANAGER TRAINEE/LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee) –  americaApril 21, 2018
good starter job, they want to fast track you to manager and don't actually teach you to be a Manager but just want you to sit at your desk and make 125 calls per day and do loans when they come in.transitioning to a manager is a big problem because you are not taught the necessary skills to run the store.
Good
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 9, 2018
Great company to work for. Great pay. Great employees to work with. no complaints. Great benefits. Full time pay. Go in get the job done daily. Great job to have.

Want to know more about Tower Loan?

Ask a question
Terrible Place to work
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSApril 9, 2018
Very low pay, a lot of cold calling. no place to work. There are better options. Could be very stressful. Not even good enough for a temporary pay check.
Terrible Place to Work
MT (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 23, 2018
The hours were long. If you don't meet your sales goals, they are longer. 8:30 am to... whenever you can leave. Never before 6pm. You must make over 100+ phone calls a day to harass customers to make their payments. If they don't pay, you might be required to go visit their home to make them pay. You are on salary, so no matter how much you work. You are still paid the same. Insurance was expensive and a joke.

Do not waste your time working here.
Pros
The manager of my branch was cool
Cons
Everything else
Stressful work but paid well
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Marksville, LAMarch 4, 2018
Basically the title, stressful place to work but you are rewarded. Occasionally we had to come in on Saturdays depending on how we were doing and if our goals were met but we were compensated.
Have to be able to deal with loads of pressure.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSFebruary 12, 2018
Everything is great when you first get there. You have different managers every other month. It was not a great environment because no one appreciate how hard you work. You only notice if you are a manager trainee or manager. CSR have job duties but loans are commission. If you don't get 20 Loans a month you will eventually get fired unexpectedly even if its not required.
opportunity
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LA 70517January 29, 2018
this company gives people opportunity who would not normally get the opportunity to advance and make a higher salary. this is an ideal job for a person who is ok with the 30-60k salary mark.
Pros
job security
Cons
great deal of non stop work
Cut Throat Business
Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 27, 2018
If you enjoy taking advantage of people to increase company profits knowing you're effectively giving someone 300.00 requiring 1400.00 payback and discretely, yet, legally selling optional insurance by effectively deterring the attention away from the costs...then this is the job for you! Tons of room for advancement. Managements want you here unless your dead...literally. Work hours? Your schedule can change dramatically within an hours notice and you have to cancel any plan you made. Don't tell them you're pregnant...Don't tell them you pay child support.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
Work life, Management, Salary unless you become upper management. REQUIRES you to be heartless.
tower loan
Loan Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 11, 2018
Tower Loan was a very high paced, competitive job. You always were competing against other branches and other employees to try to get the most amount of loans and payments.
Stressful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MSJanuary 10, 2018
Some days where better than others, when dealing with others to make there payments, and not having the support from supervisor. I actually learned a lot and loved what I did, but without the support from your superior the job is really stressful.
MT at Tower Loan
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day includes 75-300 calls, in a small office. I learned credit factors and analysis. Workplace culture is too work and sell at all times. Included is the company mission statement is "Company before self" this is meant, wholeheartedly.
Pros
commission during the holidays, relocation
Cons
work life balance
Relaxed place to start work
Manager of finance company (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, LAJanuary 2, 2018
It is a great place to work. Good people work here. It is a relaxed environment that gets fast paced sometimes. There is career advancement into managing your own branch.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Random relocation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tower Loan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight