Towers Perrin Employee Reviews

Well balanced for work/life
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2019
Very busy atmosphere with quick turn around times. I learned to be very detail oriented and multi task at a high level. The employees at Towers are very dedicated to their brand. The most challenging part of the job was scheduling offsite conferences. It was exciting but can be difficult when working with an unfamiliar space. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our clients. After being there for some time, you really get to know people on a more personal level.
Benefits Center
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2019
They are no longer in business. It was a good first job. I have to fill this out in order to continue. This is silly. Just fifty more characters to go.
Had to balance too many assignments.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2018
I reported to several managers. However, the senior officer required most of my time. I spent long hours revising documents and calendar management.
Pros
Working in Center City Philadelphia.
Cons
No life work balance.
A great stepping stone when I needed to be supported
File Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2018
Towers Perrin knows how to take care of their employees because they consult other companies to do just that. I had a good experience and would recommend it to others.
I learned the most about benefits at this job.
Employee Benefits Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 4, 2018
I loved helping people at open enrollment. I loved working between the employers and the insurances to make sure enrollments were correct and resolving issues when they were not.
It was a learning experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 15, 2018
I loved working at towers because they taught me the whole scenario of open enrollments in the health care field I also worked the production aspect of this job which lead me into bigger and better jobs
Pros
there were free lunches with work over load
Cons
The breaks were reasonably long
Pleasant work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 9, 2018
Towers Perrin, cultural atmosphere is slow. They try to hold events that will get staff member from different departments to converse with other departments. That doesn't work as much, people tended to there own departments. The work environment, is fast paced. The consultant and staffs are nice people to work with. I worked in the customer service department, creating document files in binders for our customers internal and external.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
High percentage, department downs sizing
Leader in its industries
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Management were very helpful and friendly. Technology advanced. Many opportunities for advancement. Promote work/life balance. Friendly and very knowledgeable people.
Pros
Career advancement
It was a great place to work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 15, 2018
The company was a great place to work; very professional, great advancement opportunities. Once our department was sold, the company took a turn for the worse.
Benefits
Cons
Short break
Work Life Balance
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work, Great Benefits nice management. Team work environment. Great people. Work life balance and great work hours. Flexible schedules. I would recommend.
Great company to work for
Senior Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
A typical day at Towers consisted of calculating pension benefits and determining medical benefits, as well as answering questions for plan participants and corporate contacts. This position really helped to expand my knowledge of pension benefits administration, as well as how to deal with inquiries.

I had a good relationship with our management. We were given the opportunity to work on our own with minimal supervision, The workplace was made up of teams that handled benefit administration for assigned clients.

The hardest part of the job was not being to answer participant or client contacts right away. The most enjoyable part of the job was figuring out a difficult situation or calculation to be able to provide the answer(s) needed.
fun place to work
Manager, Service Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
loved working here I only wish they didn't have the merger or I would still be their right now great work culture and even better staff everyday was a learning experience I learned a lot about myself they really taught me how to grow as a person as well as an employee
Pros
great work culture greta salaries and benefits one of the best jobs i ever had
Cons
departments work as seporate departments, so it will be hard to find out what the other departments do
Good people to work with, but too little work to stay busy.
IT Analyst (CP) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2018
This company is no longer in existence, having sold out to another company many years ago. It was a decent place to work. Co-workers, with a few exceptions, were easy and pleasurable to work with.
Pros
Plenty of time to pursue study of other programming languages.
Cons
Not enough work to stay busy.
Lovely Consulting firm
Vendor Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisMarch 9, 2018
Great place to advance your career as a consultant in the Human Resources field. Lovely office situated in downtown Chicago. Exposure to manor corporations globally
Very professional enviorment
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2018
Fast paced work environment. No room for error, strict rules. People were treated fair.

Company was located in the USX Towers tallest building in Pittsburgh.
Pros
Nice ammennities
Cons
no room for error
Good place to learn to the health care industry
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodcrest, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I took this job as a temp position. It was a hot summer that year. We used to go to the mall at lunch and buy pink dress shirts. That was awesome. I liked that job a lot.
Pros
Pens-Pens-Pens
Cons
No Parking
Great first job
Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
This was my first job out of college. They have since merged with Watson Wyatt and Willis and are called Willis Towers Watson. At the time I worked there, they were a great accounting and actuarial firm to work for.
Pros
Great managers
My review of Towers Perrin
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Towers Perrin was a great place to work. It should be obvious due to the fact that I stayed there 20 years. I started at Towers Perrin right after I attended a technical school. I really enjoyed my job, therefore, I decided to go back to school to make myself more valuable to my employer. Work was actually enjoyable. I never had a problem going to work. The days went by fast and I felt smart working there. My managers were just as wonderful.
Seasonal Software Work is Good
Implementation Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
This was a database administration job with a seasonal aspect to it, because the data was health insurance elections and it was busy before during and after open enrollment. But for 3 months of the year work was easy and based on upgrading/house cleaning the database.
Great Company
Customer Service/ Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 7, 2017
This is the company i started my career into HR. This company had great benefits and was enjoyable to work for. I learned alot of my career at this company.