Towers Perrin Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Leader in its industries
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Management were very helpful and friendly. Technology advanced. Many opportunities for advancement. Promote work/life balance. Friendly and very knowledgeable people.
Pros
Career advancement
It was a great place to work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 15, 2018
The company was a great place to work; very professional, great advancement opportunities. Once our department was sold, the company took a turn for the worse.
Benefits
Cons
Short break
Work Life Balance
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work, Great Benefits nice management. Team work environment. Great people. Work life balance and great work hours. Flexible schedules. I would recommend.
Great company to work for
Senior Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
A typical day at Towers consisted of calculating pension benefits and determining medical benefits, as well as answering questions for plan participants and corporate contacts. This position really helped to expand my knowledge of pension benefits administration, as well as how to deal with inquiries.

I had a good relationship with our management. We were given the opportunity to work on our own with minimal supervision, The workplace was made up of teams that handled benefit administration for assigned clients.

The hardest part of the job was not being to answer participant or client contacts right away. The most enjoyable part of the job was figuring out a difficult situation or calculation to be able to provide the answer(s) needed.
fun place to work
Manager, Service Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
loved working here I only wish they didn't have the merger or I would still be their right now great work culture and even better staff everyday was a learning experience I learned a lot about myself they really taught me how to grow as a person as well as an employee
Pros
great work culture greta salaries and benefits one of the best jobs i ever had
Cons
departments work as seporate departments, so it will be hard to find out what the other departments do
Good people to work with, but too little work to stay busy.
IT Analyst (CP) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2018
This company is no longer in existence, having sold out to another company many years ago. It was a decent place to work. Co-workers, with a few exceptions, were easy and pleasurable to work with.
Pros
Plenty of time to pursue study of other programming languages.
Cons
Not enough work to stay busy.
Lovely Consulting firm
Vendor Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisMarch 9, 2018
Great place to advance your career as a consultant in the Human Resources field. Lovely office situated in downtown Chicago. Exposure to manor corporations globally
Very professional enviorment
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2018
Fast paced work environment. No room for error, strict rules. People were treated fair.

Company was located in the USX Towers tallest building in Pittsburgh.
Pros
Nice ammennities
Cons
no room for error
Good place to learn to the health care industry
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodcrest, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I took this job as a temp position. It was a hot summer that year. We used to go to the mall at lunch and buy pink dress shirts. That was awesome. I liked that job a lot.
Pros
Pens-Pens-Pens
Cons
No Parking
Great first job
Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
This was my first job out of college. They have since merged with Watson Wyatt and Willis and are called Willis Towers Watson. At the time I worked there, they were a great accounting and actuarial firm to work for.
Pros
Great managers
My review of Towers Perrin
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Towers Perrin was a great place to work. It should be obvious due to the fact that I stayed there 20 years. I started at Towers Perrin right after I attended a technical school. I really enjoyed my job, therefore, I decided to go back to school to make myself more valuable to my employer. Work was actually enjoyable. I never had a problem going to work. The days went by fast and I felt smart working there. My managers were just as wonderful.
Seasonal Software Work is Good
Implementation Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
This was a database administration job with a seasonal aspect to it, because the data was health insurance elections and it was busy before during and after open enrollment. But for 3 months of the year work was easy and based on upgrading/house cleaning the database.
Great Company
Customer Service/ Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 7, 2017
This is the company i started my career into HR. This company had great benefits and was enjoyable to work for. I learned alot of my career at this company.
Very nice place to have worked
Outbound mail clerk/file clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 27, 2017
Loved working in an office environment for many years. Had the pleasure to relocate down south and have met some very wonderful life long friends. Wish they were still in business.
Pros
Cons
company was bought out
Field Auditor
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
This job required 26-32 weeks of travel to audit various insurance companies to insure they were in compliance. We were usually in teams, so for each assignment we may have a different team lead on the project. Some of the leads were unprofessional and very cut-throat. It was not a good environment for most of us. The hardest part was not have supportive management.
Pros
Travel to places I would not have gone otherwise
Cons
negative company environment
Excellent but highly competitive. and fun
Partner (Former Employee) –  New York and Cleveland officesOctober 24, 2017
excellent place to work but highly competitive as expected in A highly successful and competitive consultant firm. Afforder domestic and international assignments. I wored in England, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and man American states. Great opportunities to grow professionally.
Pros
pay benefits and travel possibilities
Cons
Long hours mostly self imposed
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2017
It was a great place to work. People were friendly and supportive.They create benefit packages for other companies so theirs was always state of the art.
Great work enviroment
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
Great and professional place to work. Great opportunities and benefits. Management and team work in a great plus. Career advancement available. Feedback from management is a plus.
Large Benefits Firm that left the DC business
Senior Benefit Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
Primary responsibilities included preparing plan activity reports in response to routine and ad hoc requests, performing complex billable assignments and assisted in the development and monitoring of entry level staff.
Consultant Firm
Location Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2017
An environment where I support a team of consultants who created and developed healthcare plans for organizational clients to provide to their employees.