Town East Ford Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very Sad.
Service Valet (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 9, 2018
Not a single person currently working at town east ford cares about the place.

The managers and people in higher positions make they're money and that is really all they care about. Associates Never come first here. It always comes down to making as much money off of customers no matter what happens.

benefits are poor. vacation time is non existent and people in service are forced to work 60+ hours a week and can still go home with as little as 100 dollars because everything is commission based. So if there is a slow week don't count on being able to afford much other than gas for your own car.

The best position to be in with Town East Ford is by far a mechanic. while it won't make up for poor management and an overall toxic environment the mechanics here can learn A LOT about any and all vehicles and that mostly is thanks to the huge amount of experience some of the guys here have.
stressful and face paste
sales (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 17, 2018
this job is not for everyone this is not a job that can be done without hustle and grind. this is your only way of making money is getting out and making sales.
You're expendable and no loyalty
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 29, 2017
They will belittle you and treat you like you're nothing. Will change your schedule at a moments notice and expect you to oblige or quit. Illegal acts
Pros
Free lunch Saturday
Cons
Management, illegal activity is the norm, the treat employees as expendable
Not a good company to work for
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 16, 2017
Company has a fast over head and there is no type of structure. Management picks their favorites and gives more work to them. Also hard to have a family work life balance when they wanted you to work all the time even on your days off. Even though I worked most of my days off it still was not enough.
Great place to get experience
Used Car Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 1, 2017
If you go in focused and ready to work you will do great. It is a great team environment. The hardest part is the hours because to be successful you will need to put in a lot of time.
Pros
Bonus's
Be Warned,
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2017
If you are looking for a Team, keep moving. These people look at all co workers as possible threats. Do not let the stares of others bother you. These sales people act like Strippers fighting over customers.
Name was never called during morning roll call. Unless the General Manager was there.. Do not expect a warm welcome here unless you come bearing gifts.
Good Luck
Pros
The chance to sell the best made auto in the World
Cons
no trust in the people around you
Its very beneficial to be self motivated in a commision based field. Love the automobile industry
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 28, 2017
Attended morning meetings daily to refresh and connect goals with positive motivation both intrinsic and extrinsic. Remain educated on new product knowledge to assure precise customer service. Following up with clients increasing customer satisfaction.
Process Driven That Taught Me How To Lead More Efficiently
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 8, 2017
When I first started with Town East Ford, I believed that I already knew everything about the auto industry and business in general. However, from the moment you started until the moment you left, we trained and implemented process constantly while focusing on the main goal, dealership profitability. We held sales training at 830, accounts receivable meetings at 10 am. Noon product training with the sales staff. Followed by Deal accountably at 2 pm. Deal accountability is where I discussed with the Executive Manager and General Sales Manager all outstanding deals that haven't made it to accounting and all deals that we hadn't received funding from the lender. With a dealership that averages 300 plus car deals a month this was a constant focus. Once we completed that it was time for an all out focus on selling automobiles and making sure they had an amazing experience. Once the day is complete, we pull our tracking reports, analyze it against forecast (volume and gross) and send out nightly reports to the management team and Owner.
Pros
Taught me how to be process driven, I was treated with respect, and valued as an employee
Cons
Working until 10 or later 3 or 4 nights a week made it difficult to be a father
Like most car dealers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 27, 2016
They are not a bad place to work but like most dealers there is plenty of room for improvement. They have a new sales building coming that should be nice
pretty much a bunch of crooks
Senior Master Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2016
They wanting to fix cars they are ficused on fixung gross profit was there dedicated for 11 years and mother and little sister were murdered lost son after winning custody battle and then theses gyys just dump me thats not right no matter who you are
Pros
there are none
Cons
after 11 years top tech get fired 2 weeks before 2week paid vacation
Not a good place for starting techs
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 15, 2016
Almost every tech there talks about leaving that god forsaken n place once or twice a week. I bent over backwards from both the management teams that where there while I was employed there. Serious lack of communication between the three groups of people there ( management, techs, service writers ). The older techs that know how to work dispatch snatch up jobs and load up before anyone else can. Some of the most childish people I've ever met in my life work there as well. I did everything without question, and as fast as I could perform the tasks to the best of my abilities. Management also likes to dangle offers of promotion and more pay in front of your face like a fishing lure and then when I comes time for them to deliver they are back in deliberations about the whole plan to start with... If you want to change oil and bust tires for a living have at it but don't expect to be paid hardly for it. They will ride you like a show pony every chance they get and the second you try to put a stop to it you're the one that is being unreasonable. In closing, if you like ripping of customers, flat rating jobs, back stabbing other people, and brown nosing then you'll do just fine.
Cons
Pay role personnel, managment, tech with " senior-itis "
Horrible Place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2016
As a car dealership, you must be competitive, and cunning. Both are absent at town east ford. they have people leaving there everyday and promise you however much it is now to come join them. its a scam just like buying a car from there.
Pros
free lunch on saturday
Cons
just about everything else
May 31, 2016

Sorry to hear about your work experience here. I would love to hear about your feedback posted here. I am having a hard time understanding exactly what you mean. Please get in touch with me personally Kevin Miner 972-682-1265

They do not care
Head Porter/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 10, 2016
there is alot of favoring when it comes to this place i worked in service where the people are great but the management does not care about there employees they will treat you with no respect
Pros
employees are great
Cons
management does not care
May 31, 2016

I am sorry you feel that way. If you would please share your experience with me it would be much appreciated.

kminer@vtaig.com

Good work environment
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 11, 2015
I like Town East Ford. It is a pleasant work experience and the employees are very friendly and helpful. The schedules are flexible and the pay is great. I was promoted and given a raise within months of being there because hard work and dedication do not go unnoticed.
Productive workplace
Sales Manager, Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  FORNEY, TXMarch 23, 2015
The owner was very smart and really envolved in every part of the business. He would even get out there and show you a more productive way to do the job.
great location
Sales Manager/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 24, 2014
Town East is located off one of the busiest highways in the country
Productive work place
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 22, 2014
I learned how to be a productive employee and many skills that I could use in future work enviroments.
Its a job
SALES (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 11, 2014
Can be difficult at times but coworkers tend to help make it manageable.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Fun and easy going work place
Used Cars (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 23, 2013
Overall a very pleasant place to work. Easy going co-workers, managers that care about their employees, and strive to help make you better everyday. Hardest part of working there is at times the easiest as well; the people. You get close because you work with them so much through out the day, and as most places it feels more like a family. With that said you also have your disagreements like most families. I wouldn't change the last two years of working here though I have grown more as a manager and as a person.
April 9, 2014

Thanks for review! We strive to make our customers as well as our employees feel at home while they are here. As we grow we like to encourage our staff's professional growth and I'm glad to see you have taken full advantage of all the training that has been offered to you.

Keep it up!

Fun in the beginning
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 29, 2012
Your co-workers are the best part of the job. I find management to be lacking. Prepare to always be getting yelled at for something. There is no job security here unless you really like to rip every customer out of their money. The work day seems really simple, make calls and get your ups, but there is so much more to it. Plus, even with the draw pay you do get, it doesnt pay for the hours you have to work. I would not suggest working here if you plan on having any family life at all.
Pros
free lunch on saturdays, fun co-workers, nice customers
Cons
everything else...
April 10, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Since your review I am pleased to report that we have made improvements to our management techniques, created one of the most generous and competitive pay plans in the area as well as increased the number of employees that attend our company paid training.

Having professional and proficient team members is important to us and our customers!