TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews in East Haven, CT

Productive and fun to work for the company
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJune 7, 2019
Everyone got along at the company sometimes I would go out and help deliver tires to different stores I got to travel alot through out the Northeast I got to meet the founder of town fair tire I shook his hand and took a picture with him
Pros
Traveling seeing different town fair tire stores
Cons
Short breaks
Snake pit
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTMay 29, 2019
This was by far one of the WORST places I have had the Unfortunate luck to work at! It’s a complete snake pit, boiler room atmosphere with a new sheen (because of new call center facility) the amount of harassment and inconsideration and unprofessionalism that exists within this company is bar none the worst I have EVER seen. DO NOT EVER accept a position here as a customer service representative/tire expert! They will bloodlet you for everything they can and you are nothing but a number to them and EASILY replaced (more than likely by a criminal). No pay raises or room for advancement . This place is the definition of a deadend job. And not to mention that you will be harrassed and cursed at by your superiors! Also they have ex-cons as supervisors, and as you can imagine have ZERO sense of professionalism.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
Too many to list
Awful place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 20, 2019
Worked in the call center worst place ever. Unskilled , unprofessional, unskilled people running it. Very racist place. Only uses temp agencys work is only 5 months and then they cut you. There is know opportunity at this place .
Pros
Cons
Needs to close the call center down
Great Place
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2019
I worked at the Call Center for TFT, so this review may be different from those who worked in the shops. I love working at TFT and havent found any other place that i have enjoyed working at much like I did here. Theyre super flexible on your hours and the staff is great. Obviously dont ask for the moon, but they help out in anyway they can to make sure you get the hours you need and at a time to make sure your at work on time. They dont ask much of you except dont stay off line too long and get the phone calls answered in a timely manor
Pros
everything
Cons
I cant say on bad thing
fun work place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2019
very physical job but it is fun it takes a physically strong person to do this job and its a very fast paste work environment but it is a easy job for to start
Pros
optional to work by yourself
Cons
not enough pay
Great place to work.
Administrator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTOctober 25, 2018
This is a good job for someone just starting out. There is little room for growth, pay is average. Company is great and so are the coworkers. Fun environment to work in.
Hard-work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTOctober 16, 2018
Nothing really bad to say about this job. Best pay i have seen in my life so far. When you come in, clock in, find the forklift you want and begin picking tires from the warehouse. The day is over when all necessary tires are picked and sent to their corresponding trucks, to be sent to their corresponding cities. The management was friendly, and willing to work with you. The schedule was the killing point. .

The hours will conflict will most of your living activities unless your a nocturnal body. its basically from the early afternoon to the early morning with 1.5 days off.
Pros
good hours, good management
Cons
horrible schedule
Great if you are in sales or management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 2, 2018
Really liked it here for about a decade. Long hours but a really fun job most of the time. Made a lot of friends here that I still have today. I would consider working here again.
Pros
growth opportunities, bonus programs
Cons
long hours, 6 day work week
Excellent Company to work for!!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJuly 21, 2018
Town Fair Tire is an excellent company to work for, they treat their employees wonderfully. Excellent discount on tires, fun work environment!! Room for advancement!!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low wages
productive and friendly with a gym upstaris
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJune 9, 2018
working with the public was always a plus for me. I enjoyed it very much and having the opportunity to work in accounts receivable and payables. Typical day would be answering the phone, talking to the store managers, keeping track of their hours. Multi-tasking all day, mail, file, copying files. Bonuses were great at Christmas.
Pros
sometimes pizza, cookies for birthdays
Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2018
Town Fair Tire is already huge but still up and coming. The stores are very competitive and fast paced, and lead to natural promotion. The warehouse is equally fast paced and offers jobs to almost anyone applying who is willing to work. The office is ever changing and slower but the growth potential is just as good.
The whole experience was a waste of time
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 19, 2017
Management sucked as well as co-workers were only out for themselves no job advancement we worked in cold conditions where you had to have gloves on and blanket just to answer the phones.
Pros
Cons
Worked in cold conditions not enough pay very demanding
Hard working atmosphere, lending helping hands when needed.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTNovember 14, 2017
Unloading and stacking neatly approximately 1400 tires manually by myself within a certain time frame. Was a group of about 15 of us who showed up at 6 AM, and usually up to 5 getting sent back due to lack of work. I was usually picked 2nd or 3rd on a favoritism basis. I looked at it as a great work out when lifting properly and getting started early in the morning making time available for other jobs.
Pros
On the bus line, I did not have a car at the time.
Cons
No benefits for a potentially dangerous job.
hate it
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 2, 2017
this job was the worst job I ever had in my life cause the staff was lazy and always have to control people. This was company was like working modern slave plant
Ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMay 10, 2017
Didn't really enjoy working for this company but I stuck with it until I found something new because I didn't want to jus walk out and I gave fair warning before I left
i would go to work in the afternoon an get out at night like after 8 pm
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 27, 2017
i didnt like working there beacause i would go to work in the afternoon an i didnt get out in till the job was done an an sometimes it wouldnt get really late before i get out of work an it sucked lol but they didnt pay good enough for the type of work that needed to be done
If you're looking for advancement, I found this wasn't the place. Raises are few and far between. A very political enviroment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 9, 2017
If you're looking for advancement; I found this wasn't the place. Raises are few and far between and it's a very "who-you-know" enviroment. There was a lot expected with very little direction.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, no room for growth
Driving the forklift and moving the tires around was fun
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2017
They tough me a few things I didn't know about working with machines. But they have no hours for people at that job specially if it don't snow
hard work, consistent hours, low pay
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2017
its a basic job with a lot of hours and low pay. you get one fifteen min and one thirty min break.your required to stand on your feet your Entire shift
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
short breaks, very low pay
Great Place
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTSeptember 20, 2016
Great family owned company that has been in business for more tha 50 years. At TFT everyone is given a fair opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOWN FAIR TIRE. Our community is ready to answer.