TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews for Driver

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
Good
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 21, 2018
I deliver tireds and pick up old ones go to the warehouse pick up big load bringing back to the store and others stores also when not delivered help in the store .
Pros
10min
Cons
30min
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJuly 10, 2018
Working there was good and I enjoyed driving all over and going to different places and making friends o enjoyed all the employees they were helpful and I got along with them all .the bosses were good yo work foralso
Pros
Driving
Cons
It was a driving position that was OK for me peace for all by myself in a truck I have to do is follow directions and be responsible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 30, 2018
I figure you just work drive safe follow all the protocols collect Payments and make sure that it all adds up at the same time receiving the price signatures respect the customers weather in a good or a bad mood be mindful of the time you spend In between your route
Pros
They let you work and I trust you
Easy place to work. Very relaxed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Don't really know what to say they are a good place to work just the manager at that specific store sucked but overall very reliable and they are legit
Pros
Me
Cons
Manager
Productive. At times unperdictable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMay 25, 2017
Isn't room for growth as a pickup driver. Max hourly rate is 12.00 an hour. Management is constantly stressed out with all the responsibility and no credit given to there hard work.
Pros
Consitantly on the go
Cons
No lunch break or breaks in general for entire company.
Work harder then you get paid for, pay checks are hardly ever a steady amount
Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 10, 2017
Your work week is hardly ever the same hours. All depends on time of year and sales, You drive an average of 150 miles a day in all weather conditions. Load and unload new tires, then load and unload used tires in all weather conditions. Job is not difficult but you work harder then you get paid for. The most enjoyable part of the job is being on the road and not having your boss micromanaging you all day.
Pros
Accommodating regarding time off. Discount on tires for yourself, family and friends.
Cons
Pay, raises, no breaks.
Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 9, 2017
It's a good job. Really the people make the job better. I like making the customers happy. Because if they're not happy then i didn't have a job. It was worth it.
Not a place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH not southDecember 16, 2016
Not a very good place to work management always on face book they only care about themselves no one else. spent 4 months there poor management very disappointing great people out back however they work there butts off for peanuts
Driver Review
Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, MASeptember 9, 2016
Town Fair Tire is a great company, they provide quality service and tires to their customers. In my opinion they offer great prices, quality valued products, and tires. My job as a driver is enjoyable. I am responsible for picking up and dropping off tires to customers, collecting payments, as well as handling the paperwork and receiving the required signatures. I am held accountable for answering phones, making sure I reach destinations in a timely manor, as well as drive safely and efficiently at all times. My favorite part about my job is the fact that each day is not the same. I am constantly visiting new customers, learning new destinations, and discovering quickest routes. I form great relationships with customers and have excellent customer service skills. The management team here at Town Fair Tire is great. They're very understanding and flexible. My boss is very easy to get along with, I have a great relationship with my co-workers... The hardest part of the job is dealing with rush-hour. It is sometimes difficult to reach a destination quickly when there is a lot of traffic. I've learned many new directions and destinations since I began working for Town Fair Tire. I have also learned numerous new facts and details about tires and maintenance.
Work Summary
Driver (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJuly 24, 2013
Everyday is a good day for me, because I look forward to going to work, it motivates me to have a positive attitude, it makes me want to work. Making my delivery's and making customers happy. What I have learned over the 7 years I have been with my current employment is, being a Driver is a big responsibility and I like taking pride in my work.
Pros
Being productive
Cons
Not sure
good team
Driver/Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAJuly 12, 2013
excellent communication, good team work and punctual. Everyone worked together to make the company and the environment a fun place to work for.
Pros
team work
Cons
time- everyone wanted there tires at the same time
horrible management decisions
driver (Former Employee) –  east haven, CTJuly 1, 2013
management only cares about themselves. they display no concern for vehicle maintenance, warehouse equipment maintenance or employee safety. If a complaint is made about an employee, the management WILL NOT try to find out both sides of the story. They only believe the complaint. In most cases the complaint will NOT be completely true. Long term employment with this company means NOTHING!!!!! Just because a manager "knows" logistics it DOES NOT he knows about moving tires.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
bad management, overworked VERY underpaid, no appreciation