TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAMarch 28, 2019
Great place to work just not a steady income, it’s all about the time of the year and what store you’re working in, that’s what’ll determine your experience.
The most horrible place to work don’t waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTNovember 22, 2018
Worst place to work they treat you like a dog work you till you can’t move and the manger Clint that’s a manger because someone quit thinks he knows everything because worked at Walmart that’s all you hear him say or him and his wife are swingers and she works at big lots they share couples it’s gross and he is just a fat slob who never brings in tires then there’s skyler who has his head up his behind no licence but drives to work when he does come in they over book and expect your life’s don’t matter and you have to work 17 hour days the poor guys outback get no credit and they should get payed way more then these smuck folks upfront all this is true and when you go in to buy tires ask for Clint and tell him you need the Asian rub discount the pig
Pros
Cheap tires
Cons
No breaks over worked
Good place to work, excellent training, long hours 6 days a week.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIOctober 21, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had, I enjoyed most of my time there, although the hours and 6 days a week is a negative, very difficult to maintain a positive life outside of work. Pay was decent and within 2 years I advanced from tire technician to sales and prior to moving away, was offered Assistant manager. Overall was a great experience and if I ended up back in the northeast I would 100% go back to work for them.
(Managers: most managers I worked for were hardworking and dedicated to the job, some more than others and I would still say this company is worth a shot if your willing to work the hours)
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
6 days a week and 52 hours minimum for sales and manager staff
long days management doesnt want to help and lets personal feelings get in the way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 14, 2018
I worked as a sales associate for a month. then they fired me because i didn't know the product in a month. which i had to learn on my own time.you work long days and are expected on time but don't expect to get out on time. management avoids helping you at all costs. training is expected to be done on personal time... which isn't much considering you get one day off. If you ask for help you are looked at as inferior. all in all it was a bad experience, manager Facebook stalked me and based his opinion of me off of my posts.. which is political and sports views. you sign a paper about getting breaks. but only certain people actually get any breaks. honestly it would be a great place to work if management wanted to help new associates grow and learn. also the sales you make the first few weeks go under someone else's number. so no real way to determine your sales.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Cons
long days, long week, little to no help from management.
One of worst companies to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 13, 2018
Hard work not compensated. Long days, no life cause it feels you’re there every minute of your life. No sales , your check will be looking weak even putting in 50 hours your check will be weak. Alot of favoritism with employees. I call out 1 day out of the 6 that I’ve been sick and get an ear full about it, while others call out almost the entire week and its ok. Oh and gets rewarded for it.
What a joke.
Pros
Free lunch only when too busy that the company doesnt want you to take a break
Cons
1 day off. Pay. And way to many to list
Worst managers ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 4, 2017
Worked here for more than 5 years. Terrible management from the top to the bottom. Don't care about your loyalty and hard work you put in . will throw you under the bus just to get a half a step ahead. Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Very busy company to work for
2nd Assistant/Sales Associate/Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 12, 2017
Town Fair Tire is extremely busy and are at the top of the tire industry in New England. The only downfall that I experienced was that the work life/private life balance was extremely difficult and sometimes non-existant.
Productive place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 3, 2015
Busy and fun dealing with customers. I learned a lot about tires and cars at this place. Management was great to work with. Co-workers were nice at the place. Nothing really hard about this job. Coming to work was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great place to work and co-workers make it great to come in
Cons
No cons
Good place to work but I didn't like the misleading sales tactics
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTOctober 25, 2013
It was sell, inventory control, and dealing with the workers who changed the tires. I learned that I liked sales more than I liked fixing automobiles. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the non-english speaking employees. The best part of the job was the trips, dinners, and the bonus checks.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and the trips
Cons
Poor sales tactics
Just another job
Wholesale Sales Associate and Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 11, 2013
Management is terrible! From the president of the company down to the store level managers.
50+ Hours, Not enough Money.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAFebruary 27, 2013
Worked 50+ hours and was only making on average $350 a week. Also was far from home. 50 miles a day.