TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews for Tire Technician

change tires
Lead Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 18, 2017
I would mount and dismount tires, change valve stems, work on the alignment rack to ensure the car goes straight, also dealt with custom wheels with low profile tires.
Pros
got to go to nascar truck day
Cons
really fast
Exciting at first
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTAugust 28, 2017
This was my first job in the automotive field, although it wasn't working on cars as much as its strictly working on wheels and tires, it was a great beginning step. However, the work place becomes volatile very quickly on days where its busy, and management hard a hard time staying sober
Pros
Great first step in the automotive field
Cons
drugged up management, lack of care for customer satisfaction
Tire Technician
Lead Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 28, 2017
I acquired a hard work ethic that set me up for a successful future. Although the pay was not worth the hard work everybody puts into the company the manager truly cared for his employees.
Worst job site
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 2, 2017
Very manipulating
Untill they don't need you very bad management. To many complaints the only good thing about working their is learning different vehicles and being able to build experience but you could do that anywhere. I wouldn't recommend working for them under a stressful environment Thats led by false and bad management
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management.
Tire Technician
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT 06615June 8, 2017
clock in and find envelope with car details on it
changed flats, balanced and rotated tires
I learned how to change flat tires, balance and rotate them
management was not about growth
workplace culture lacked respect
hardest part of the job was trying to work as they listened to nasty shows
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about cars
Not good place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHMay 9, 2017
Management is horrible here not a good place to work for has bad customer service not very well maintained shop very poor business to work at and take your car to
Pros
Cons
Very hot
Job was fine, people werent.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Avon, CT 06001April 25, 2017
The job was fine, was nice working with my hands and working hard. The managers and most of the salesman weren't exactly great people. The hours could range from 6 hours to 12 hours depending on how busy you are and most of the time you have to guess if you can leave or not because your supervisor never tells you when you can leave and if you stay longer they yell at you for taking more hours then you're supposed to, but if you leave when your schedule tells you to you get yelled at for leaving early. Supervisors and managers tell you, you can eat but yell at you if you actually stop working to eat. The job isn't worth the little amount of money they pay you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Everything about the management.
great place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHApril 24, 2017
I really loved working at Tire Fair Tire. The work place is great and the other people that work there are also great and fun to be around. There was never a slow day.
It was ok
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 28, 2017
Ok place to work, liked it for the set times you had to be in. And the supervisior was back working with you and helping you. Also it was good because it was busy.
Unproductive, Lazy, Unsafe
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2017
Every day you were forced to do jobs not listed on paperwork as well as having to often redo or start over if manager did not like your work/progress.
Other employees were very lazy and aggresive, often starting verbal altercations in the middle of the shop.
Car was being vandalized by other employees and management didn't want to hear it.
Pros
Not working here
Cons
Everything.
This place is a dump
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Need i say anymore? Its a great job for a kid in highschool, which it was for me. But as far as going back and saying it was a good time and experience. Nah, im all set.
Not a place for you to work for living.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Super busy on winter session make more money, they cut your hours when is slow, Is fun doing car while talking to your co-workers and help each other like a team we are. manager here pretty cool and fun to talk too but he should be paying more attention who working very hard and give them a raise or promo them if they be with you for long time if you don't ask for raise they won't give you one, Your body will go through alot working here for 6 days a week with sunday off, Don't work more 40 hours a week or you won't have a life.
Pros
Weekly pay, 30 minute break, Some co-workers are fun to work with
Cons
$0.10 cent for every car you do is very bad, alignment tech getting $1 per car, No set time to leave if super busy, Co-workers skipping slip so you be doing harder cars, They very cheap when you ask for raise, rather save $ then paying you more.
A productive and enjoyable learning experience
Tire Tech. (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 19, 2017
Enjoyed working with the other team players in the shop. I also enjoyed learning something new and I also take pride and love working with vehicles. It's a place that makes you feel welcomed and busy and you get the opportunity to learn different things.
Pros
Easy going enviroment
Busy line of work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 29, 2016
As a tire technician at Town Fair Tire I learned countless lessons about the world of working and how I can improve myself though my work. A typical day at work would consist of a 6-8 hour shift with about 6 other techs. Management at this particular Town Fair Tire was unsatisfactory, and many times seemed to create a stressful and inefficient work area. The part of this job I found most difficult was the manual labor, working on cars is no easy task and early on in my time with Town Fair I had a difficult time keeping up with the physical aspects. The most enjoyable aspect however was the consistancy and stability the job offered me. I had the same schedule Monday through Saturday every week.
Pros
Great Physical training
Cons
short break, Management has lack of leadership skills
Productive and fun
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEDecember 13, 2016
This company is a great place to work. Great employees. Great products. This company tried to help the customer out much as they can and we value our customers and generate trust.
Pros
Discounts, breaks, co-workers
Cons
Long days in the winter.
Poor communication, fast paced
Part Time Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAOctober 10, 2016
My coworkers made it very difficult to work, the atmosphere was very unenthusiastic. No one really seemed to care or listen when there was something important going on. The shop was always left a mess and tools were constantly missing. I had to speak to my manager to order new ones. The hardest part of the job was having too much to do in such a little amount of time. I hated that I would have to keep walking from side of the shop to the other just for simple things. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a consist schedule but with that also came the disadvantages of a long work commute, being asked to work on weekends, and working overtime when I was already clocked out.
Not a place to work for more then a year.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 20, 2016
Overall the place isn't bad to work if you need to start off making money. After that I would look for anything job and leave. So please don't go for town fair tire at all.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, horrible manager, breaking your back type labor
productive
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTFebruary 18, 2016
work hard until its time to leave, dealing with customers and making sure they are happy.I learned a lot from working here.
Productive fun work place.
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 2, 2015
Town fair tire taught me patience, It gave me an opportunity to expand my level of experience. I enjoy working for this company.
Ups and Downs
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJuly 25, 2015
Its good when its busy, drags when its dead. Team work was always an ethic in the shop. A little miscommunication between sales and laborers, but overall its okay.
Pros
Time flies a good workout if its busy
Cons
tucked shirts when working in scorching conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOWN FAIR TIRE. Our community is ready to answer.