TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
Job Experience...
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 14, 2019
The best things I could say about this company is that in fact you do stay busy and get the hours needed in working as a tractor trailer driver. The other great thing are the stores you deliver to and the relationships in which you form as a dedicated driver for a specific route. I've gained a lot of friends from getting to know a lot of associates who worked at the stores that I did deliver to.
Pros
Being on the road, being your own boss, and building friendships with associates in stores I delivered to.
Cons
The pay and lack of communication
Straight Forward Work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 9, 2015
The work here was straight forward. Even though I'm on as a temp, I still like the atmosphere around here and I hope that anyone who comes to drive for Town Fair Tire enjoys the work they do because they're a great company to work for.
Pros
Physical work to keep you in shape, GPS in trucks, paper logging
Cons
Days can be short sometimes.
poor management
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 27, 2015
As a driver your on your own management does not back their drivers up trucks are not maintained on the regular basis their equipment is out dated very overwork for no pay you do two jobs for the price of 1 drive and unload raises do not add up for the work you do They don't value your hard work and no job security do to the fact that they'll just replace you with temp drivers and temp drivers get paid more than their own if your desperate for a job I say go for it if your experience driver I say leave alone!not worth the headache and aggravation
Pros
get to see a little of east coast
Cons
management, no job security
Fun Company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 25, 2013
I get to drive to different states, I love to drive. I learned more about different types of tires, the most enjoyable part is the driving and getting to know different people at the various stores I deliver to.