TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
Great place to work.
Administrator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTOctober 25, 2018
This is a good job for someone just starting out. There is little room for growth, pay is average. Company is great and so are the coworkers. Fun environment to work in.
Good place to work, excellent training, long hours 6 days a week.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIOctober 21, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had, I enjoyed most of my time there, although the hours and 6 days a week is a negative, very difficult to maintain a positive life outside of work. Pay was decent and within 2 years I advanced from tire technician to sales and prior to moving away, was offered Assistant manager. Overall was a great experience and if I ended up back in the northeast I would 100% go back to work for them.
(Managers: most managers I worked for were hardworking and dedicated to the job, some more than others and I would still say this company is worth a shot if your willing to work the hours)
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
6 days a week and 52 hours minimum for sales and manager staff
Hard-work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTOctober 16, 2018
Nothing really bad to say about this job. Best pay i have seen in my life so far. When you come in, clock in, find the forklift you want and begin picking tires from the warehouse. The day is over when all necessary tires are picked and sent to their corresponding trucks, to be sent to their corresponding cities. The management was friendly, and willing to work with you. The schedule was the killing point. .

The hours will conflict will most of your living activities unless your a nocturnal body. its basically from the early afternoon to the early morning with 1.5 days off.
Pros
good hours, good management
Cons
horrible schedule
Decent Workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 8, 2018
The service provided is good. Co-workers tend to fight often and managers do nothing to intervene. Most of the time managers are usually cleaning their fishing poles instead of actually working.
Worst place ever
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 2, 2018
Typical work consisted of bad pep talks and worst work environments. I didn't learn how to work in a show and learned a lot about tires. But management couldn't be the worst in NH.
Pros
Smoke when you want to bay door is there
Cons
No real ability to move up in pay
Lazy Manager
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at work would be to help the manager run his part of his department because he was so lazy. I learned how to dismount and mount tires, repair flats, tire rotations, and balancing tires.
Pros
Working on cars
Cons
Pay for what we would do was horrible.
Ready to work?
Alignment Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 9, 2018
In the shop of town fair tire you’ll be worked beyond belief in the winter months and sent home early in the slower summer months.
If there’s no car in the shop you better not be seen taking a break
Good
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 21, 2018
I deliver tireds and pick up old ones go to the warehouse pick up big load bringing back to the store and others stores also when not delivered help in the store .
Pros
10min
Cons
30min
Great if you are in sales or management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 2, 2018
Really liked it here for about a decade. Long hours but a really fun job most of the time. Made a lot of friends here that I still have today. I would consider working here again.
Pros
growth opportunities, bonus programs
Cons
long hours, 6 day work week
Productive and fun work place
Unloader (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 24, 2018
I love this job. Because of the physical work out. The coworkers are very cool and laid back. They provide water and Gatorade to quench your thirst. Wrapping palets of tires are fun.
Excellent Company to work for!!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJuly 21, 2018
Town Fair Tire is an excellent company to work for, they treat their employees wonderfully. Excellent discount on tires, fun work environment!! Room for advancement!!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low wages
long days management doesnt want to help and lets personal feelings get in the way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 14, 2018
I worked as a sales associate for a month. then they fired me because i didn't know the product in a month. which i had to learn on my own time.you work long days and are expected on time but don't expect to get out on time. management avoids helping you at all costs. training is expected to be done on personal time... which isn't much considering you get one day off. If you ask for help you are looked at as inferior. all in all it was a bad experience, manager Facebook stalked me and based his opinion of me off of my posts.. which is political and sports views. you sign a paper about getting breaks. but only certain people actually get any breaks. honestly it would be a great place to work if management wanted to help new associates grow and learn. also the sales you make the first few weeks go under someone else's number. so no real way to determine your sales.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Cons
long days, long week, little to no help from management.
A great place to work if you don't think about it too much
Tire Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTJuly 11, 2018
Again it's a great place to work as long as you know what you are doing and are proficient at your job.
I learned a lot about tires, cars in general, and lots of sales experience.
Managers vary, i worked in several locations and i can say some were great, some are not so great. Same goes for upper management.
The hardest part of the job are the hours, You will be working a minimum of 50 hours a week. you will also work 6 day weeks almost every week.
The most enjoyable part are the people you meet along the way, as long as you store has a good crew anyway.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJuly 10, 2018
Working there was good and I enjoyed driving all over and going to different places and making friends o enjoyed all the employees they were helpful and I got along with them all .the bosses were good yo work foralso
Pros
Driving
Not worth it
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 4, 2018
Long days, no breaks, no lunches, hardly any down time and lousy pay. Would not recommend to anyone. Only positive thing was learning a bit about cars and tires.
productive and friendly with a gym upstaris
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJune 9, 2018
working with the public was always a plus for me. I enjoyed it very much and having the opportunity to work in accounts receivable and payables. Typical day would be answering the phone, talking to the store managers, keeping track of their hours. Multi-tasking all day, mail, file, copying files. Bonuses were great at Christmas.
Pros
sometimes pizza, cookies for birthdays
It sucks
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMay 30, 2018
The place you work at has tires an the people there habe kegs and walk wuth them to place ti place and they have arms and grab tires and move them around
It was a driving position that was OK for me peace for all by myself in a truck I have to do is follow directions and be responsible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 30, 2018
I figure you just work drive safe follow all the protocols collect Payments and make sure that it all adds up at the same time receiving the price signatures respect the customers weather in a good or a bad mood be mindful of the time you spend In between your route
Pros
They let you work and I trust you
Great management and fun work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHApril 27, 2018
I loved working here was one of my favorite jobs, great management and great employees, fast paced work but fun. Never really had a bad there would go back to work in a heartbeat!!!
Pros
Good people, free lunch sometimes
Cons
Hard work, fast paced
Don’t work here
Sales manger trainee (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTMarch 16, 2018
They worst job I ever had. You don’t get a lunch break, they make you sign a form saying your ok with not having a break and wen it’s slow you can have a break and not clock out. You get payed 6 a hr plus commission you only get your full commission if you work 52.5 hrs a week. It’s nit worth it. The Managment doesn’t care about you. Worst management worst company. You will be doing physical labor all day as a sales manger in training. Also the title manger trainee means sales associate. The growth in the business is slow. I actually never saw anyone move up unless someone quit and they essex to fill a role really quick. Your hard work and loyalty means nothing . The job site is also dangerous. The only thing that was great was the discount in tires.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
A lot of Physical labor, no lunch breaks, no raises no personal time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOWN FAIR TIRE. Our community is ready to answer.