TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
fast paced, rough But enjoyable
Forman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 5, 2018
The team I was working with was very fun but professional, they made the day go by but the work enviormant was very rough, cold, dangerous, and fast paced.
Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2018
Town Fair Tire is already huge but still up and coming. The stores are very competitive and fast paced, and lead to natural promotion. The warehouse is equally fast paced and offers jobs to almost anyone applying who is willing to work. The office is ever changing and slower but the growth potential is just as good.
One of worst companies to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 13, 2018
Hard work not compensated. Long days, no life cause it feels you’re there every minute of your life. No sales , your check will be looking weak even putting in 50 hours your check will be weak. Alot of favoritism with employees. I call out 1 day out of the 6 that I’ve been sick and get an ear full about it, while others call out almost the entire week and its ok. Oh and gets rewarded for it.
What a joke.
Pros
Free lunch only when too busy that the company doesnt want you to take a break
Cons
1 day off. Pay. And way to many to list
Easy place to work. Very relaxed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Don't really know what to say they are a good place to work just the manager at that specific store sucked but overall very reliable and they are legit
Pros
Me
Cons
Manager
Great Place !
Second Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 5, 2018
Great job great people, Higher Management needs help to focus on
different times of the seasons and to make sure everybody's on same
page. But other than that nothing bad about town fair. They will take there shirt off and give it to you if needed.
Could be great with the right management
Wholesale Manager (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHDecember 20, 2017
Days are long. It will be between 10-18 hours Depending on year. Sales is upfront at all times handling customers. Wholesale will be taking phone calls and electric orders. Technicians were not paid enough and worked terrible hours. You will spend 55- 88 hours a week. Management is a very low point with town fair. 1 out of 5 managers were helpful. The other four would make you wanna quit daily. They pay extremely well and have great benefits. There is opportunity to change locations and sometimes will pay for that to happen. At the end you are at will so at any time even after years of working they can fire you on the spot.
Pros
Money, Company trips
Cons
Management. Unjestified Promotions, Hours, Promises never Fulfilled
The whole experience was a waste of time
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTDecember 19, 2017
Management sucked as well as co-workers were only out for themselves no job advancement we worked in cold conditions where you had to have gloves on and blanket just to answer the phones.
Pros
Cons
Worked in cold conditions not enough pay very demanding
Great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 2, 2017
Great company to work for, I enjoyed working with the customers. Set daily goals for the staff & self. The work environment was stressful & competitive.
Pros
secure job
Cons
long working hours
Hard working atmosphere, lending helping hands when needed.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTNovember 14, 2017
Unloading and stacking neatly approximately 1400 tires manually by myself within a certain time frame. Was a group of about 15 of us who showed up at 6 AM, and usually up to 5 getting sent back due to lack of work. I was usually picked 2nd or 3rd on a favoritism basis. I looked at it as a great work out when lifting properly and getting started early in the morning making time available for other jobs.
Pros
On the bus line, I did not have a car at the time.
Cons
No benefits for a potentially dangerous job.
bad
Shift Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MANovember 13, 2017
working at town fair was exactly what I had been told to expect. It was fun and kept me busy but left me wanting to do more in the field. I just want to be able to do more.
Productive place.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  New London, CTOctober 25, 2017
A typical day would consist of me working on 12 cars or less. Over the months I have learned how to correctly lift cars on a lifter. how to properly remove and put a tire on a rim, how to properly balance a wheel and give it a proper torque. Most difficult part is working in the humidity and the most enjoyable part was bonding with my co-workers.
Goos job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 21, 2017
At town fair I use to drive in cars inside the bay , change tires and rotate tires, and talk to customers if there was any problems with the vehicle and so for.
fun workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 16, 2017
all employees were fun to work with and management was always there to help out when needed. Fast paced business but we all had fun. Management treated all employees to same
depends where you worked
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTOctober 13, 2017
Depending on the store, the management can be very slacking, caustic, and even rude to employees and customers. The salesman back-stab the tire tech and alignment workers a lot, to cover for their own mistakes, happens a lot in the Derby store. Warehouse is a disaster, when it shouldn't be.
Quick paced, learning fast, and be on top of things
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAOctober 11, 2017
-Changing tires, stocking shop, bring own cars into shop

-Changing tires , doing fix of flats ,

`Good manger

`Shop was always kelp in good shape

`Working on truck tires

`working together
Pros
working with others, balancing tires
Cons
heavy truck tire, snowed tires to work on
Worst managers ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 4, 2017
Worked here for more than 5 years. Terrible management from the top to the bottom. Don't care about your loyalty and hard work you put in . will throw you under the bus just to get a half a step ahead. Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Okay place to work
Whole Sale and Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHSeptember 24, 2017
The pay is decent if you are good at sales. Management is very cut-throat but they do award you if you succeed. Training is decent, you do a lot on your own (there is quite a bit to learn). The days are long and the winter is very stressful as there is never enough time to get all vehicles completed. Decent place to work if you are looking for a sales job that you can make money at.
Pros
Good Spiff
Cons
Days are long/lack of lunch breaks
Educational
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTSeptember 21, 2017
Town Fair Tire gave me my start in the working world. They brought me in with no prior experience and built me up to eventually run a three car bay garage. It was heartbreaking to leave them but my country called. They are the best and I thank them for believing in me.
Pros
The place as a whole
Cons
The winters
change tires
Lead Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 18, 2017
I would mount and dismount tires, change valve stems, work on the alignment rack to ensure the car goes straight, also dealt with custom wheels with low profile tires.
Pros
got to go to nascar truck day
Cons
really fast
Exciting at first
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTAugust 28, 2017
This was my first job in the automotive field, although it wasn't working on cars as much as its strictly working on wheels and tires, it was a great beginning step. However, the work place becomes volatile very quickly on days where its busy, and management hard a hard time staying sober
Pros
Great first step in the automotive field
Cons
drugged up management, lack of care for customer satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOWN FAIR TIRE. Our community is ready to answer.