TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
Tire Technician
Lead Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 28, 2017
I acquired a hard work ethic that set me up for a successful future. Although the pay was not worth the hard work everybody puts into the company the manager truly cared for his employees.
Depending on which store you go to yields different results
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTAugust 16, 2017
Depending on the store, TFT could be a great experience to work. However, Derby, CT, leaves more to be desired as the store manager makes it his lifes work, not to do any work. And if you think something is not in your job description, it is now and if you dont like it you can take 4 hours a week for anything such as a mild expression of dislike.
Worst job site
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 2, 2017
Very manipulating
Untill they don't need you very bad management. To many complaints the only good thing about working their is learning different vehicles and being able to build experience but you could do that anywhere. I wouldn't recommend working for them under a stressful environment Thats led by false and bad management
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management.
hate it
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 2, 2017
this job was the worst job I ever had in my life cause the staff was lazy and always have to control people. This was company was like working modern slave plant
good starting sales position
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 17, 2017
good place to start but it takes up to much of your life. feels like you work to much for the amount hours and pay. the only thing is you probably can get promoted very quickly if you can learn the products quickly
Great working with People on daily basis and training new employees.
Assistant Manager in Sales (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 23, 2017
I learned a lot from a very aggressive manager whom was once also a number one salesmen. I also learned to become self motivated wanting to earn the top salesmen award because it gave me much gratitude and also came with bonuses and perks. I loved training new employees and working with others. I learned through this job how much i love sales.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, bonuses, perks, experience in management and sales
Cons
short breaks, no lunch break, long hours
Tire Technician
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT 06615June 8, 2017
clock in and find envelope with car details on it
changed flats, balanced and rotated tires
I learned how to change flat tires, balance and rotate them
management was not about growth
workplace culture lacked respect
hardest part of the job was trying to work as they listened to nasty shows
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about cars
Productive. At times unperdictable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMay 25, 2017
Isn't room for growth as a pickup driver. Max hourly rate is 12.00 an hour. Management is constantly stressed out with all the responsibility and no credit given to there hard work.
Pros
Consitantly on the go
Cons
No lunch break or breaks in general for entire company.
Customer Service, Shop assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Southport, CTMay 24, 2017
The task was very easy to learned, the staff was awesome, the reason while I stay for so long. I had a great experience working there. If you love vehicles and expensive vehicle this is a great opportunity to see and learned about them.
Ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMay 10, 2017
Didn't really enjoy working for this company but I stuck with it until I found something new because I didn't want to jus walk out and I gave fair warning before I left
Not good place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHMay 9, 2017
Management is horrible here not a good place to work for has bad customer service not very well maintained shop very poor business to work at and take your car to
Pros
Cons
Very hot
Job was fine, people werent.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Avon, CT 06001April 25, 2017
The job was fine, was nice working with my hands and working hard. The managers and most of the salesman weren't exactly great people. The hours could range from 6 hours to 12 hours depending on how busy you are and most of the time you have to guess if you can leave or not because your supervisor never tells you when you can leave and if you stay longer they yell at you for taking more hours then you're supposed to, but if you leave when your schedule tells you to you get yelled at for leaving early. Supervisors and managers tell you, you can eat but yell at you if you actually stop working to eat. The job isn't worth the little amount of money they pay you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Everything about the management.
great place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHApril 24, 2017
I really loved working at Tire Fair Tire. The work place is great and the other people that work there are also great and fun to be around. There was never a slow day.
Work harder then you get paid for, pay checks are hardly ever a steady amount
Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 10, 2017
Your work week is hardly ever the same hours. All depends on time of year and sales, You drive an average of 150 miles a day in all weather conditions. Load and unload new tires, then load and unload used tires in all weather conditions. Job is not difficult but you work harder then you get paid for. The most enjoyable part of the job is being on the road and not having your boss micromanaging you all day.
Pros
Accommodating regarding time off. Discount on tires for yourself, family and friends.
Cons
Pay, raises, no breaks.
It was ok
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 28, 2017
Ok place to work, liked it for the set times you had to be in. And the supervisior was back working with you and helping you. Also it was good because it was busy.
i would go to work in the afternoon an get out at night like after 8 pm
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 27, 2017
i didnt like working there beacause i would go to work in the afternoon an i didnt get out in till the job was done an an sometimes it wouldnt get really late before i get out of work an it sucked lol but they didnt pay good enough for the type of work that needed to be done
Unproductive, Lazy, Unsafe
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2017
Every day you were forced to do jobs not listed on paperwork as well as having to often redo or start over if manager did not like your work/progress.
Other employees were very lazy and aggresive, often starting verbal altercations in the middle of the shop.
Car was being vandalized by other employees and management didn't want to hear it.
Pros
Not working here
Cons
Everything.
If you're looking for advancement, I found this wasn't the place. Raises are few and far between. A very political enviroment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 9, 2017
If you're looking for advancement; I found this wasn't the place. Raises are few and far between and it's a very "who-you-know" enviroment. There was a lot expected with very little direction.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, no room for growth
Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 9, 2017
It's a good job. Really the people make the job better. I like making the customers happy. Because if they're not happy then i didn't have a job. It was worth it.
good place to work for beginners
Alignment Technician (Current Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHMarch 2, 2017
This is a good place to work. The environment is clean and easy to work in. Good people to work with, well located for drawing in customers.
I feel it is a good place for someone to learn the business, but I don't feel that it is a career facility.
Pros
good environment, good people to work with
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOWN FAIR TIRE. Our community is ready to answer.