TOWN FAIR TIRE Employee Reviews

Featured review
TOWN FAIR TIRE selected this as a representative review
overall a great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2012
it is a sales job so remeber that, when your putting in the hours, but it does have some great benefits!
benefits
Cons
its sales
Good job and advancement, no free time
Salesmen (Current Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 27, 2017
Job is not bad. Management is fair. The pay is decent. Only problem is it's a 6 day work week and minimum hours is 52 hours and getting days off is impossible.
Pros
Decent pay, you get hours
Cons
No breaks, one day off., minimum 52 hours
This place is a dump
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Need i say anymore? Its a great job for a kid in highschool, which it was for me. But as far as going back and saying it was a good time and experience. Nah, im all set.
Not a place for you to work for living.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Super busy on winter session make more money, they cut your hours when is slow, Is fun doing car while talking to your co-workers and help each other like a team we are. manager here pretty cool and fun to talk too but he should be paying more attention who working very hard and give them a raise or promo them if they be with you for long time if you don't ask for raise they won't give you one, Your body will go through alot working here for 6 days a week with sunday off, Don't work more 40 hours a week or you won't have a life.
Pros
Weekly pay, 30 minute break, Some co-workers are fun to work with
Cons
$0.10 cent for every car you do is very bad, alignment tech getting $1 per car, No set time to leave if super busy, Co-workers skipping slip so you be doing harder cars, They very cheap when you ask for raise, rather save $ then paying you more.
A productive and enjoyable learning experience
Tire Tech. (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 19, 2017
Enjoyed working with the other team players in the shop. I also enjoyed learning something new and I also take pride and love working with vehicles. It's a place that makes you feel welcomed and busy and you get the opportunity to learn different things.
Pros
Easy going enviroment
Cons
Very busy company to work for
2nd Assistant/Sales Associate/Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 12, 2017
Town Fair Tire is extremely busy and are at the top of the tire industry in New England. The only downfall that I experienced was that the work life/private life balance was extremely difficult and sometimes non-existant.
Driving the forklift and moving the tires around was fun
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2017
They tough me a few things I didn't know about working with machines. But they have no hours for people at that job specially if it don't snow
hard work, consistent hours, low pay
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2017
its a basic job with a lot of hours and low pay. you get one fifteen min and one thirty min break.your required to stand on your feet your Entire shift
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
short breaks, very low pay
Busy line of work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 29, 2016
As a tire technician at Town Fair Tire I learned countless lessons about the world of working and how I can improve myself though my work. A typical day at work would consist of a 6-8 hour shift with about 6 other techs. Management at this particular Town Fair Tire was unsatisfactory, and many times seemed to create a stressful and inefficient work area. The part of this job I found most difficult was the manual labor, working on cars is no easy task and early on in my time with Town Fair I had a difficult time keeping up with the physical aspects. The most enjoyable aspect however was the consistancy and stability the job offered me. I had the same schedule Monday through Saturday every week.
Pros
Great Physical training
Cons
short break, Management has lack of leadership skills
Not a place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH not southDecember 16, 2016
Not a very good place to work management always on face book they only care about themselves no one else. spent 4 months there poor management very disappointing great people out back however they work there butts off for peanuts
Productive and fun
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEDecember 13, 2016
This company is a great place to work. Great employees. Great products. This company tried to help the customer out much as they can and we value our customers and generate trust.
Pros
Discounts, breaks, co-workers
Cons
Long days in the winter.
Intense fast paced work environment.
Sales Consultant/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MADecember 10, 2016
Extremely fast paced work environment. The only thing that may persuade others to work elsewhere is the six day work week. Work days can extend for up to 13 hours during the busiest time of the year which is the snow tire season.
Poor communication, fast paced
Part Time Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAOctober 10, 2016
My coworkers made it very difficult to work, the atmosphere was very unenthusiastic. No one really seemed to care or listen when there was something important going on. The shop was always left a mess and tools were constantly missing. I had to speak to my manager to order new ones. The hardest part of the job was having too much to do in such a little amount of time. I hated that I would have to keep walking from side of the shop to the other just for simple things. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a consist schedule but with that also came the disadvantages of a long work commute, being asked to work on weekends, and working overtime when I was already clocked out.
Not a place to work for more then a year.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 20, 2016
Overall the place isn't bad to work if you need to start off making money. After that I would look for anything job and leave. So please don't go for town fair tire at all.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, horrible manager, breaking your back type labor
Great Place
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTSeptember 20, 2016
Great family owned company that has been in business for more tha 50 years. At TFT everyone is given a fair opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Driver Review
Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, MASeptember 9, 2016
Town Fair Tire is a great company, they provide quality service and tires to their customers. In my opinion they offer great prices, quality valued products, and tires. My job as a driver is enjoyable. I am responsible for picking up and dropping off tires to customers, collecting payments, as well as handling the paperwork and receiving the required signatures. I am held accountable for answering phones, making sure I reach destinations in a timely manor, as well as drive safely and efficiently at all times. My favorite part about my job is the fact that each day is not the same. I am constantly visiting new customers, learning new destinations, and discovering quickest routes. I form great relationships with customers and have excellent customer service skills. The management team here at Town Fair Tire is great. They're very understanding and flexible. My boss is very easy to get along with, I have a great relationship with my co-workers... The hardest part of the job is dealing with rush-hour. It is sometimes difficult to reach a destination quickly when there is a lot of traffic. I've learned many new directions and destinations since I began working for Town Fair Tire. I have also learned numerous new facts and details about tires and maintenance.
hard
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJuly 16, 2016
good people there. I learned alot very fast. hard work.fast pace working. work as a team. had a good time with co workers.
Great learning environment to develop new skills
Car Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 11, 2016
I learned the basic maintenance for motor vehicles: Engines,oil,tires,breaks, etc. The environment overall was great, it had a wonderful pace to it and I was able to work effectively.
ok place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMay 31, 2016
loading trucks all day the hardest part of the job was working in the truck with no light the most enjoyable part was learning how to operate the cherry picker
Good work place
Order Picker/Loader (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTMarch 14, 2016
i operate a cherry picker forklift and scan gun pick and load tires for the company meeting company requirement of 100 tires an hour I'm doing 125 or more an hour minimum of 9 hours 3rd shift or more depends on the amount of orders per shifts
Very Productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 11, 2016
Great Place to Work and Learn new things.A devoted, supportive, diverse and team-oriented culture.MUCH opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOWN FAIR TIRE. Our community is ready to answer.