Town Pump Employee Reviews

Ehh
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 7, 2019
It depends on the location but a lot of the managers are persnickety and rude. If you don’t fit into their bubble you won’t have a fun time there and you won’t be recognized for a good job just criticized for a mediocre performance. Too loud, too much work for how much you get per hour and you have to be full time for benefits but they only hire for part time and schedule you for just under full time
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Mean people
Funfun place ro work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocker, MTJuly 2, 2019
Fun place to work to meet new people and fast pass to make it go buy fast and learned how to work as a team and work with muilipal cultures and learn how to be more petulant
Constant change
Superior (Current Employee) –  SuperiorJuly 1, 2019
For the area its great pay. The communication between staff (including management) at store level to corporate offices can be a bit trying. Corporate changes things on store level, expects immediate change and support (even if change is poorly planned or an extreme shift). Hard on managers and staff.
Productive and challengin
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 22, 2019
It’s competitive, productive and never a dull moment. I work graves and there’s always something to do. My job description is.. clean and front face store. Sweep, mop, make fresh coffee and popcorn, make breakfast, check out customers, just to name a few.
Stressful workplace with no team work
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Colstrip, MTJune 20, 2019
Management was very poor especially the district manager. They do their inspections poorly and will start a project then leave a mess at the store for the workers to clean up.
Cons
Short breaks. Horrible healtcare benefits
fun place to work
CoManager (Former Employee) –  Libby, MTJune 18, 2019
i enjoyed the 10 years i was employed there, i would still be there had i not injured my lower back in the deli i slipped on a mat and tore a muscle in my lower baack
Nice people
PERSONNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 12, 2019
I enjoyed my team of people and there was room for career advancement if you was willing to work hard and be dependable. The hardest part of the job was when others called in. We did not have enough people on staff to find replacements so others hard to work that much harder when there was an absence.
Pros
The people, advancement.
Cons
Breaks, callins, and communication
Plays favorites
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 11, 2019
If you kiss enough butt you'll get advances faster. The turn around on management will make you dizzy. I was trained in all areas, when the new manager made changes, I asked for 15 minutes to learn her way & was told no, that there are enough people to do that job. I ended up needing a surgery, after a week off I came back to a less experienced, newer employee, being trained in the position I inquired about. Shady business practice.
Too much conflict, young management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 5, 2019
Was let go after I was told I could schedule my surgery on my left shoulder at time of hire. And when new manager took over she told me to come back to work next day after surgery. Being that I was unable to she fired me.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
Liars and two faced co workers
Relaxed but upbeat occasionally fun but also friendly.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 4, 2019
Great environment great coworkers awesome training. But wasn’t able to stay for long because I had to relocate so I don’t really have much to say but I do wish that I could have stayed longer.
Not that store, not again.
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 3, 2019
No one at Town Pump, from it's cashiers and housekeepers to it's Regional Managers ever get the training they need for their position. The other people I've worked with were great, but the Store Manager didn't honestly know how to keep up with her responsibilities. She was continually getting overwhelmed and making her people suffer for it.
Pros
Good community feel from employees
Cons
Always short staffed, never proper training, etc.
The micro manager DM is RIDICULOUS
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MontanaJune 1, 2019
So happy I’m not there!! It’s was tough keeping my cool and composure with how the DM integrated when visiting. The point system on write ups was ridiculous. Lots of back stabbing and emotional work vibes. People were allowed to”use” and some able to just work when they wanted to.
Corporate run business
Personnel Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, MTMay 31, 2019
Corporate run business with little intervention in bad management. Manager and co-manager do not follow the rules and have no consequences. There are lots of chaos at this store.
Personal experience
Cashier/deli worker (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTMay 31, 2019
Poor professional conduct displayed by both managers, district managers and by company hire ups. If you voice your own opinions and concerns that goes against the thoughts or wishes of management then you are labeled as a argumentive employee. Extremely hostile work environment.
Pros
Cons
Dead end job
The store I worked at the store manager was nasty
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 25, 2019
Don't ever apply at the Lockwood store the store manager is nasty and she doesn't care if you are sick or not and also she doesn't like anyone working a second job because the pay was too low.
Pros
Got along with other employees
Cons
Nasty store manager
Bad manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTMay 20, 2019
It was great job just bad manager. Customers were good co-workers mostly great manager was terrible. Could be nice place with good management and better benefits
Great Place Just Depends on your Manager
GAS STATION CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 7, 2019
Great place to work just wish the manager had some kind of backbone Just really bad management just seemed to call it in did not look out for her employees was like she refused to be the bad guy at all
Pros
Relaxed Job
Cons
Work place drama
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ronan, MTApril 8, 2019
Worked cash register and assisted customers. Management was great! It was a fast paced environment but fun place to work! Paid every two weeks and gave discounts.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
n/a
Decent company
ASSISTANT MANAGER TOWN PUMP (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 6, 2019
Decent company to work for, management sucks. Most store managers in town play favorites. If you want to advance in this company, you can to a point. They will place you where they see fit and don't care if you like it or not. District managers aren't any better, they forget easily and don't care what you have to say or where you would like to go within the company.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks if non smoker.
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MTMarch 25, 2019
This is a good place to work if you stay as just an employee or even move up to deli manager, assistant manager, or co manager, but I wouldn't say that anyone should go any farther than that especially if you have a family and enjoy spending time with them.
Pros
paid vacations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Pump. Our community is ready to answer.