Town Pump Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Lead Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTAugust 13, 2018
Extremely unorganized, does not use its assets well. Supervisors are given too much power and pay for what they do. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
fast paced with a low salary
Fry Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MTAugust 8, 2018
It was fast paced and a bit stressful. We were very short staffed so one person was doing the work of two. Pay was lower than surrounding jobs of simalar nature. My shift was 5 am-3 pm with minimal breaks (10 minutes every 2 hours, paid) four days per week. The last 6 weeks I worked that shift 5 days per week. It took a toll on my body and mind. I was sad to leave the friendships but not sad at all to leave the actual job.
Pros
less than 10 minutes from my house
Cons
fast paced, stressful, low pay
The job was easy and easy to learn
Attendant/matainence (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 3, 2018
The was easy and easy to learn. The location that I worked at the management seemed to have a lack of communication with the other employees and the managers. It made it very hard to continue to work there.
Pros
free soda
Cons
short breaks, no lunches, no discounts
good place to work
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 25, 2018
When I worked for town pump I love everything about this job they have lots to offer and show u respect. They are very nice people and I would work here again in a heart beat
Pros
benifits people anvances
Cons
not enought time to take a rake
Promise the moon, and deliver a sewer.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 23, 2018
I had initially applied to a Manager in Training position, to which once I was trained I would be assigned a store. I turned that opportunity down due to not wanting to be sent just anywhere. I was then asked if an Assistant Management position might interest me, and my resume was referred to a Store Manager. After interviewing for the position, I was informed a decision would be made the following week. Three weeks later, I followed up to see of the position had been filled; and was informed it had been. A few days later, I was contacted and asked if I was still interested in the Assistant Management position. I began working and was to be trained on company processes/procedures, and systems. At three months, I had only been trained on how to run the cash register.
There were additional issues that I prefer not to discuss.
Pros
Social interaction through customer service.
just a job
Clerk/Deli (Former Employee) –  Boulder, MTJuly 13, 2018
Moved to MT ftom MI only job hiring at the time enjoed meeting all locals and alot of travelers from Canada. Very fast paced. Enjoyed it most of the time
Pros
discounts
Cons
lots of calls to fill in for other emplyoees
The management is terrible and I wouldn’t recommend working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 6, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend working at the establishment there is very poor management and they will work you to death. They do not care about things that you need to get done outside of work and make it difficult to get time off. As a night shift worker you have no one to cover your shift and are by yourself for hours at a time.
Pros
Cons
No lunches or breaks
Generaly a good place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 2, 2018
I liked the fact the I knew when my deadlines where due but I was not micromanaged on exactly how to archive them. They where very flexible about cross training on other jobs in the department to keep the company accessible to it's clients at all times.
working with people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wolf Point, MTJune 30, 2018
well its always good meeting new people and helping others, especially talking , and basically learned a couple new things.just because we did maintenance/ and stock..
Pros
always being busy
Cons
being maintenance
love working with my peers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Boulder, MTJune 27, 2018
I was a cashier absolutely loved it fun place for me to grow I would go back if I was in that state loved everything about it and lots of help from everone

Want to know more about Town Pump?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
Deli Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 16, 2018
Town Pump is a great place to work especially for MSU students. They work with school schedules and the atmosphere is one of community. I highly recommend.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Very busy
Enjoyable customers and co-workers but poorly managed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 8, 2018
I would never work for town pump again. I put in many hours and I went above and beyond, to make things run smoothly. I am a great cashier and can multitask with minimal error. The district manager, has several stores in his area and I've worked at 2 of them and filled in at another 2, also in his district amd the experience of the "behind the scenes" drama, always had a common denominator . Hank Altiz.. So I chose not to work for him. His management skills are floppy and unjust.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Awful managers
I totally enjoyed working for Town Pump Corporate Office.
Casino Bookkeeper: October 2008-March 2014 (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTMay 21, 2018
I was a Casino Bookkeeper for Town Pump Corporate Office for almost 5 years and totally enjoyed working there! It was a Fun and Productive place to work. Enjoyed most of my co-workers and are still friends with some of them today.
Pros
Pay is good and productive but laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Having the Corporated Office in Butte, Montana.
Excelent customer servucd job
Casheir/deli (Former Employee) –  Ennis, MTMay 21, 2018
Town pump doesn't just apply you where you think. You do almost everything in store, from stocking to cashier. They want to see where they think you strive the most.
Pros
Long breaks, free soda, fun work experience
Cons
Not enough food prep.
Was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 18, 2018
some of the cashiers had an attitude and very rude to their coworkers and customers. the bathrooms were kept clean and the food was fresh. there wasn't anything with an expiration date.
Good minimum wage job
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTMay 18, 2018
Working at Town Pump wasn't bad. My coworkers weren't bad, and the clientele and management were decent people. I learned how to use a point of sales system, and how to efficiently serve people. Most of my tasks had to do with stocking inventory and cleaning.
Pros
full time, good management
Cons
can become stressful after a while
Guaranteed work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 7, 2018
A great position for anyone looking for a loss prevention position. Felt like a cop most of the time chasing down people stealing beer. Limited advancement.
Mom and Pop Gas Station
Deli Team Member and C-Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, MTMay 1, 2018
Unless you are an inbred hillbilly with a Meth addiction, Town Pump is not for you. They have started deadly biker gangs in their deli, and dealt drugs out of the back, and casinos. Stay away from this employer
Pros
a job
it was ok job
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 30, 2018
The job was OK for making ends meet but will recommend having another job will help you make ends meet. theirs not many customers during grave yard shift.
Horrible place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 29, 2018
You will only get your hours and proper pay if you are friends with the managers. I reported for 6 months that one of the managers were selling drugs out of the establishment, but in the end I lost my job because I was threatening hers. I even went as far up as I possibly could in the chain of command to corporate and nothing was done. You do not get treated fair there.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Pump. Our community is ready to answer.