Town Sports International
57Below average

Town Sports International Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA26 reviews
Challenging, rewarding and outstanding career development and growth.
Great company for which to work.
Unlimited growth potential.

Open door policy.

Worked without direction or oversight.

Management very supportive.

Training was spotty.

The relationships made with a myriad of people of varying backgrounds in all levels of business and government in various geographical locations was was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Job
There is a lot of money to be made, but make sure to give up your life. There is no free time to yourself or your family. So make sure you're single and you will be fine.
n/a
It was a descent place to work but they could have done better in treat their consumers and employees well. With better pay and and updated work our equipment
Pros
Fun place tp work
Cons
Bad managment
It's a terrible company to work for
WSC does not care about the individual, only the needs of the business. The issue is, WSC is steadily declining in revenue and rapidly closing locations due to poor interpersonal relationships when it comes to upper management and poor customer service. A. Messina makes an impossible quota of 120 phone calls a day and write ups occur if you don't meet it. Gym memberships are raise $5-10 every 6 mnths and make unhappy customers
Pros
You have your own office
Cons
So many cons, but you're required to work weekends and holidays, you accrue PTO- 1 hr per pay period and the work life balance is terrible.
Revolving door
Business leadership deceptive at raising dues without notice yet informing location managers that members were notified when indeed they were not. Spent entire year and every day of my year explaining the so called "dues increase " intended to upgrade the facility where in reality, the equipment was sooooo outdated and broken down- relief too heavily on maintenance and "out of order" signs.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Fun work place
Awsome work place loved the people there i wold recommend any one who is a people person for this location Clarendon is awsome i never want to work any where else
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short staffed
Great company
Worked hard to build a maintain clients at the club. Most days started at 5 or 6 am with break during the afternoon and ended around 7 or 8 pm. Most trainers would spend over 10 hrs in the gym.
it is good place to work
I like it the washington Sports clubs it was one of the largest sport clubs in many states throughout US States.
Sport club offering a lot exercise services, and sold memberships of their members.
Pros
Greate fitness exercise
Cons
Personal training
Washington Sports Club
My first Job.
Great experience

I would highly recommend to work with TSI.

I've been working with TSI for 9+ years..

Management is really nice. Great place to work.
Very Basic Job
Very basic job with little to no skills needed. As a Welcome Team member, I checked people in, rolled towels, and answered phone calls, directing them towards either the manager or membership consultant.
Pros
4 hour work intervals
Cons
Little activity
A well organized health club
A health club that spends a lot of job training for the management team. Compensation is average and requires evening and weekends work. Quotas are a large part of your compensation.
Pros
Work out while at work
Cons
Weekend work
gym
pays more than LA Fitness, high sales aptitude needed to succeed, if you hit your minimums the bosses leave you alone, more sales options than LA Fitness
membership consultant
Management encourages deceptive practices in order to sell memberships. The only concern is the bottom line. The business model is similar to a shady used car dealer.
Family feel environment
The staff is friendly and approachable and the gym is very clean and well maintained. In particular, its a nice place to work out. Great students and management.
Worst place ever!
Terrible management with no benefits of the job. The daycare within it is dirty and they don't watch your child. Only nice thing I can say about them is they have very nice bathrooms/changing rooms.
Pros
Nice bathroom
Cons
Everything!
Great Company
Great work atmosphere, Outstanding Co-workers , and management!

Management very supportive and encouraging in career development.Best part of the job interacting with the customers everyday building relationships!
One of the worst places to work
I accepted the Membership Consultant's Position in Maryland. They promised $9 per hour and $10 per sale commissions. This is one of the WORST pay structures in the area. I accepted the pay rate because I didn't have another job. After working for 2 weeks they lowered my pay rate to $8.40 per hour without noticed and told me I had to work for 30 days on minimum wage with no commission. This was after I had done 8 sales. The GM took credit and commission for one of my sales and so did some of the front desk staff and the other Membership Consultant.

The company has done away with sales training, dropped the commissions from $60 to $80 per sale down to $10 per sale. Some General Mangers, front desk staff and other sales counselors will take your sales and nobody cares...... so don't bother to complain.

You will be micro managed and expected to work on holidays and weekends like Christmas and New Years. The Company doesn't care about work life balance or high turn over.

Child care is available only to group exercise instructors while they are teaching and not to staff. Although, some of the managers and seasoned sales reps break that rule and bring their kids to work while the lesser employees can not.

Upper management is non-responsive. The staff where I worked did a lot of LOUD cursing in the background in the sales area which made it hard to do sales calls.

If you are considering working here......keep looking.

This is not the place to build a career!
Pros
Cons
low pay, high stress, no work life balance
Just another job.
The company does not care about the employees. Its a nice transition in between jobs or while in school but there is a very high turnover in the company and that can easily be seen.
FUN Place to work!!
I enjoyed my 9 years at WSC, I was ble to get in shape, and meet exciting people on a regular bases........
Pros
Free Workouts
Poor Work Life Balance
Company is in the growth development stage when I was there. They were in the process of changing company culture.
Seasonal
I worked here a long time ago as a seasonal worker and enjoyed it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Sports International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight