Town and Country Hospital Employee Reviews

Temporary Job
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33615February 7, 2018
I can't even remember who my manager was. I did weekends only for a premium and at the time, It was a short commute.

The energy was horrible and no one ever seemed happy. I just did my time and went home.
Terrible
Charge Nurse- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
Worst hospital I ever worked at. All about the numbers and none about the patients. ED was large and always understaffed, making patient care suffer every shift.
All about the money
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33615July 15, 2017
In experienced managers and management topped with a cut throat Enviromental where every dollar is squeezed is probably the best description I can offer. Patient care is overshadowed by how much insurance coverage is available, and it's an attitude local management seems to push. Competition along the level of job security and covering ones tail is definitely a management criteria. I watched this for 2 years... promotions given on the basis of who you know and who will best cover for my lack of experience are the flavor of the day. Stay away from this place if you care about delivering great patient care.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
It was a friendly environment with wonderful patients. The staff was were helpful and considerate of the clients. I was deeply hurt when this facility closed.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Closed
Animal Hospital
Kennel (Former Employee) –  syracuseJuly 21, 2015
Working with animals has its pros and cons. Clean cages,clean the hospital,laundry and help the doctors. This job does require strength and prior knowledge of animal behavior. Volunteering at animal shelters is a good way to get exposure. This place has 10 employees and no room to grow because it is a very small hospital. Its a good place to start to see if working with animals is what you want to do .
Pros
working with animals
Cons
no management, favortism
Hospital with small town feel. Directors work well together. Together we provide the best care for our patients.
Controller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2015
Management of accounting department
Complete weekly financial projections and analysis
Executed smooth and timely month end financial close ensuring accurate and reliable financial statements
Effective analysis and explanation of monthly financial statements for monthly operating reports
Ensured completion and monthly review of all balance sheet recons.
Collaborate with hospital directors on projects/committees
Monitor and maintain oversight of internal/SOX controls
Planned and executed completion of annual hospital budget working with corporate, department directors and senior leadership.
Oversight of annual internal and external regulatory reporting requirements including corporate tax papers, Internal/External Audits, Medicare Cost Report filings and AHCA report.
Pros
Coworkers and team atmosphere
Cons
work schedule and need for additional staff in department.
Productive work
plants ops (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Like my work duties and the work environment. On daily basis have to keep and maintain the building in safe conditions and on code. Consider hard to work with co- workers that have very little knowledge of maintenance responsibilities and duties.
Pros
Good medical insurance
Cons
poor managment
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  TampaJuly 30, 2014
Visit all patients on a daily basic. Make sure that all their needs were met. Handle any situation that would arise. Help nurses and doctors with translation from English to Spanish. Co-workers were very friendly. Management was always there for me when I needed them. Visiting the patients, talking, laughing with them was very enjoyable for me.
Pros
Cons
Lots of turnover in management
This is a small hospital but very family oriented.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2014
I loved working at this hospital, when I become an R.N. would love to go back.
Great co-workers/ fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  tampaMay 16, 2014
The only thing this job lacks is professionalism and organization. Training needs to be more hands on for new employees. As far as co-workers, many were great to work with. I did learn a lot on my own as time passed. I always strived to do better no matter what the situation was. The hardest part of my job I would say was management not being organized with what job duties pertained to what position. Besides some of the negative aspects of this job, the employees made it a great atmosphere as well as I did.
Pros
Free lunches/Meeting new people
Cons
Worked pool shift. basically full time hrs without benefits.
Horrible hospital
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2014
Myself and others all believed the same thing. I cannot say anything positive other than they hired me, which after a short time, I learned that my ethics and morality would not allow me to sta
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Nice staff and management
Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Moving up the ladder is highly encouraged from HR and management. Most nurses were friendly and informative. Pay was average.
Pros
Peaceful environment
Cons
Benefits were not as good as other local hospitals.
Pbx/er
An emergency room clerk typically reports (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2013
An emergency room clerk typically reports to the nurse manager and functions as a coordinator for registration and administrative activities. An ER clerk greets patients and starts processes such as obtaining and verifying identification, insurance and any medical records. Work includes admitting patients and transferring appropriate paperwork. Work involves interactions with doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel. The position requires strict patient confidentiality. Clerical and technical work operating a PBX Console to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Work is performed under the general direction of a higher level.
Pros
Learning is most great here
Cons
The doctors and nurses have no idea of there jobs duities
Professional, Service , Advancement
Director of Dietary Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2013
I was given a great opportunity to start on the ground floor with this new Hospital and was free to mold the Dietary Dept from the ground up. I learned that it takes a small army to feed 360 patients and staff.
Management allowed me to hire my staff for Dietary and for the hospital food service/cafeteria as well as special functions once a month for the Physicians. My employees were from varied different backgrounds and areas of expertise. I learned how to manage this small army of 52 employees as well as how to manage the day to day operations of a busy Dietary Dept. I learned patience, understanding and how to direct and motivate to achieve the best from each member of the department. We focused on patient care through Diet and delicious food. Each and everyone who cooked or served took special pride in their area of expertise. It was my pleasure to work with and along side of this varied group and we felt like a well oiled team after completing each meal service.
Pros
The challenge to create and achieve health through diet
Cons
The yearly budget
Great learning experience
Monitor Tech/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2013
Independently and team work. I was able to aticipate needs for the unit on daily bases and on emergency situations. I was cross trained and worked on different departments (emergency room, Medical surgery, ICU, PCU) as unit clerk. Serve as translator for patients, family members and staff.
Pros
Good pay!!!!
Cons
It was hard to get cover for breaks and lunch.
Working at town and country
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2013
Busy and hectic. 8 patients max. Drs make you round with them. Managment says they are going to do one thing however don't back up what they say.
plenty of growth. wonderful work experience.
managed care rep. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2013
Working for Town and Country was an excellent work experience. I learned about Managed Care, I was trained for medical billing. Numerous job duties, and it was all a pleasure to learn all about appealing, billing, and following up on all managed care, Medicaid and Medicare guidelines.
Pros
job advancements, benefits
Cons
company lay off.
Volunteer work was productive and fun.
Pharmacy Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2012
A typical day was filing paper work and putting away medicine in their proper place. I learn organizational skills and teamwork. All my co-worker were fun to be around and made the day move along faster.
Got a job after internship
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2012
Work with a very compassionate group of people commited to provide the best care possible with the resources available.
Pros
a very closed work group
Cons
limited resources
Great learning experience
CNA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2012
This hospital taught me a lot including how do manage a hectic work schedule and still be compassionate.