Town of Brookline Employee Reviews

professional
PARAPROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  brookline high schoolJuly 13, 2018
I would love an opportunity to work for the Town of Brookline. Very satisfying place to work. the atmosphere allows me to work with children in a professional but fun manner - ESY summer program - highly recommend to parents, etc. The children learn in a fun environment.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
commute
It fun working here with friends
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Love working here because u learn something different every day people treat u like family u talk to people they are so nice to you tha way they stop n talk ver nice
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Cut Throat
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MADecember 17, 2017
Seniority is everything no matter what skills you possess. Managers are extremely unprofessional and rude. Environment is very stressful and emotionally unhealthy.
A job I go to for keeping out of traffic
Libarty Page (Current Employee) –  Brookline, MAJune 24, 2017
I am getting sick and tired of it. And, especially with my weight loss, I can pick up the pace some other place. It has gotten a little more interesting with the way one puts away books and DVDs. I'll give it that much.
Pros
Near to home.
Cons
No health care and sick and tired of it because I have been there so long.
Productive and valuable learning experience
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work included desk tasks such as monitoring the firewall or WiFi activity as well as other tasks such as installing hardware such as switches and desktops.I learned how to transfer employees from one email provider to another while keeping their old email history, assisted in converting town employees over to a faster WiFi network, and participated in using applications such as Nessus, VMWare, Remote Desktop Connection, and AirMagnet. The management was clear and concise. There was always a planned outline of what was to be done for the day and the week. The workplace culture was also excellent. The employees were friendly and hard working and had no problem helping other employees accomplish their tasks before deadlines. The hardest part of the job was the large scale conversions. For example, updating all of the access points for the whole town took a large amount of time in order to get it completed before the end of the summer while juggling the other everyday tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment I acquired when I helped someone fix a computer issue or finished a large scale project such as the WiFi. I feel like I really helped make a difference in the projects assigned by the IT Department in Brookline.
Pros
1 hour lunch

Want to know more about Town of Brookline?

Ask a question