Town of Southern Pines

Town of Southern Pines Employee Reviews

Nice place
Nice place to work needs to pay more money if they want better experience and stand up for the guys that do work to give them more money because u can have a family on there pay scale after all that's taking from your check
Pros
Time off
Cons
No pay
Work
The town of Southern Pines is a great place to work you have plenty of work to keep you busy and as always there is a lot of political activity going on in the departments at the town
This Job is a Trap.
The town of Southern Pines is one of the worst places I have ever worked at. Most people and the management is awful. I think most people come into work to see how many people they can stab in the back. The management needs to be completely cleaned out. They don't know how to handle interpersonal conflict many times engaging along with it. Also never seen so much brown nosing in my life. Terrible.
Nobody is happy there.
This is not a pleasant work environment. When they interview you they make it sound awesome, they say “ it’s a team, like one big family”, they say “all supervisors are working supervisors” and they really try to sucker you in by saying how great their benefits are.... all of this is a Lie! All the benefits come out of your check so for example, they will tell you that your check will be about $950 bi-weekly, but they don’t say that after the benefits come out your looking at $700-$600 or less. Insurance for you is $16.50 but if you add a spouse it’s $400+ which comes from your check! Most supervisors don’t work, they just drive around and run personal errands... and it’s more like high school drama than family... someone is always trying to put somebody else down so they might look good. There is very little opportunity for advancement and no merit raises so no reason to work hard or well. Bottom line this job was miserable and everyone there was miserable... apparently it’s been like this for years...
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many to list
Beautiful Town
I enjoyed my job. It had its ups and downs like most places. I would say that I would have retired there if I wouldn't have had one particular run in.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Love working with the employees and great benefits.
A typical day at work may consist of running payroll, orientation for new employees, going over benefits and compensation with employees, filing workers compensation claims, having safety meetings, doing salary increases, conducting interviews and all other Human Resources duties.

I learned how to work with the Mayor and the Town Council and be able to compile massive amounts of legal documents such as ordinances. I also learned how to take and compile minutes from any and all Town Council Meetings. I also attended many classes at the NC School of Goverment at UNC which gave me great insight to my job.

My co-workers were awesome and we made a great team.

The hardest part of my job was working 60 plus hours a week with a family and household to juggle.

The most enjoyable part of my job was always being able to work with all the employees and be helpful to them in anyway possible.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Very long hours and working very late with Town Council
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town of Southern Pines. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8