Town of Westerly Employee Reviews

Payroll/Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIDecember 8, 2017
Fair pay, great benefits
Independent, self starter
Accounting through General Ledger
Knowledge of Pension Administration, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Various Benefits
People are great!
A/P Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIJuly 14, 2017
The employees at the Town of Westerly are great and easy to work with. It's been a really rewarding place of employment for the last four years. The Town Hall is in a great location, too.
Camp Counselor
Hosting & Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day at work especially working with children is by far difficult. Everyday the objective is to make sure the children are enjoying themselves as well as, my coworkers are doing their job effectively. As a leader I managed the group I was given to set a goal for that day by making sure everyone are happy and safe. Working together as a team is better than working alone.
Pros
Amazing children and coworkers
Cons
No breaks
Camp Counselor
Town of Westerly (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIMay 9, 2016
Being a camp counselor might sound like an easy job, but when you have to be responsible for about 50 campers ages 5-12 it is a bit difficult. However, I love working with my fellow co-workers because they are always on the same page. We aim to make everyday at camp as effective as possible. We as a team write out our plans for the day which includes activities or trips. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the kids and the smiles they have on their faces when they come to camp. The hardest part is taking care of the children when something comes to be dangerous for the campers. We always end up working through the hardest part of the job because that is our job. The safety of our campers is the top priority and we work effectively together to make that happen everyday.