Towne Nursing Employee Reviews

ok agency
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2018
ok pay rate. unable to reach people when you need them. i dont really know what to say but you guys are forcing me to do a review so here you go. i hope you enjoy
hard work very little pay
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 14, 2018
working with towne was not that great of an experience all there facilities are extremely hard work and their pay was minimum it was the least amount of money i ever made as a cna
Pros
plentynof hours given
Cons
short breaks
Not a lot of work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 5, 2018
Towne Nursing doesn’t always have a lot of cases and most of the cases are pretty far depending on where you live. They don’t care too much about you just the client so, if you have a family emergency and need to leave a case, forget about it. They take forever to find a replacement and give you a hard time about leaving.
All staff was informative and helpful.
Home care supervisor (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJFebruary 24, 2018
All the environment was friendly. a typical day at work was receiving my assignment of clients to admit re-admit and staff performance to evaluate in the clients home. This information was received by telephone or e-mail. I would then call the clients home and schedule visits to do an assessment and fill out forms. The hardest part of my job was scheduling clients on night shift., which limited the staff I could see in early morning. The most enjoyable was meeting different clients of different culture, and learning their customs.
Pros
Reimbursed for mileage
Cons
Traveling to areas with address hidden from the street in bad weather.
If you dont mind bull@#*t... this is for you
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2018
They will always have something available but you may get placed in a second rate nursing home which can be stressful. And they could pay better. No paid vacation. And office workers that are rude and don't like to do their jobs.
I wouldn't work here if you don't have to.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJNovember 21, 2017
It's just like most of the other agencies out there, unfortunately. Not enough hours, expectations that are unrealistic, no support for nurses in the field trying to make competent life-death decisions without clinical support from the home office. SAD.
Fun Workplace
Escort/HHA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 14, 2017
it is a good place to work.They put you in varios nursing homes.The only thing wrong is no paid vacations or time off.Flexible hours It is a nice calm environment.A great place to work no stress.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no insurance or time off with pay
A great first stepping stone
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkOctober 3, 2017
Towns Nursing is a start for people who need experience in the field, but it's not a long life time goal. It's give you a chance to improve your skills and move in to something better
Take care of elderly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 2, 2017
Learned how to deal with the elderly. Very physical job when taking care of non independent individuals. Satisfying to know you are making someone's life a little easier. You end up really knowing your patients.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Can be exhausting and hours not steady
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2016
I will always recommend Towne Nursing. They have a great staff, dedicated personnel and more. They are very caring and have a great HR Department.
Okay
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 14, 2016
The opportunity to work was there but they will cancel your shift on your way to a facility and then will try to relocate you so it was frustrating and stressful. Thats why im rating it a 3 star. Otherwise decent people.
Cons
no reimbursement for gas, extra time stayed
help older adults with physical and mental impairments
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 16, 2016
work with staff to assistance elderly adults in feeding, dressing, ambulating, performing vital signs and completing reports on patient health
Pros
create your schedule
Cons
pay is very low, no benefits
productive and fun place.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Staff friendly. good pay. Always busy but worth it. U tell them the hours u want and u get exactly what u expected. but be ready to move from one nursing home to the other in order to complete your hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
always busy.
License Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 27, 2015
They are helpful but sometime it is hard to get to the person your trying to speak to because they send you all over the place.
Pros
pay weekly
No stars if that was an option...
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2015
I did not enjoy my time working for this company. I found them to be rather cheap, manipulative and exploitative of their workers.Workload was tremendous and residents were demanding. Office seemed out of touch with the actual workload we had with the hours in a shift. I would not recommend other to work for them.
Pros
Cons
low pay, very very hard work, acency does not care
productive day at work with co workers
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be me setting up the clothing racks and tables such as folding the shirts and hanging up jeans. cleaning the dressing rooms and basically setting up the store in the morning.
Pros
good hours, flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
long distance
moderate break
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2015
clean environment,hours available proving the chance to make money to take care of ones family I have not work at this company for a long period so there is not much I can say at this time
Pros
two break
Cons
lunchtime
A good place to start if you have no experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 2, 2015
I worked for towne a little over a year. It was the only placed that hired me dued to me just starting out as a CNA. The facility I worked at had various different units, and I gained a lot of experience. The co-workers seemed nice and we all worked together. The disadvantages of this job is no benefits meaning you will not get put into the union because the facilities aren't hiring and you will work and be under agency for as long as you choose to work there. In the meantime look for a better facility that pays more and give you benefits you will feel more appreciated of the work you do because you have to do everything in these facilities and towne nursing takes a lot of taxes out your check
Pros
Experience working on various units
Cons
No benefits, don't get accepted in union
A pleasant work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYNovember 28, 2014
I like working at Towne Nursing. It's a nice working environment.
The majority of the co-workers are pleasant and make it easier to work with them. Of course you get a few who don't know anything about team work.
The hardest part of the job is that you get a lot of patients and a few hours to take care of them. I feel that the patient do not get quality care.
I enjoy talking to the patients who all have different personalities. I always look forward to provide care for them so i can enjoy the conversations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Break
Great place to start your career
CNA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
Towne Nursing was the best place to get my foot in the door as a CNA. After I got my certificate no one was willing to hire me because I didn't have any experience but Towne placed me at a great nursing home right away! I applied online and was contacted to schedule an interview. At my interview, I brought whatever documents were required and less than a week later I was told about orientation! I've worked with Towne for over a year now and look forward to advancing my career and going to school to become an LPN. Since Towne places LPNs as well, I'm planning on staying with them.
Pros
great customer service, work with your schedule
Cons
low pay but worth it to get experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Nursing. Our community is ready to answer.