Towne Park, Ltd. Employee Reviews

Workplace requires individual effort and teamwork
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Typical day consisted of the same thing everyday: parking cars. Weekends could get pretty hectic. I barely ever see my managers and have never met anyone from Towne Park headquarters. The culture depends on the venue, some good some bad. Most enjoyable part were the weekends with great tips and getting to help nice people. Worst part was for sure the occasional missing key or coworker who didn't know what they were doing.
Pros
Cash tips, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, poor base wage
Towne Park work ways
VALET GUEST SERVICE CAPTAIN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
Towne park is a great valet company. the company is world-wide meaning they work at different sites in different areas and also ranges out of state. During my time working at Towne Park for the hotel Monsco site in D.C. I gained leadership skills, communication skills and also customer service skills. I absolutley loved making the guest smile and happy as they arrived and departed. As a towne park valet attendant I moved up and became a lead attendant, I was looked up on and made sure the guest received their vehicles in a great timely manner.
productive and fun work environment
VALET (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDDecember 12, 2018
the typical day at work was filled with lots of enjoyable moments
I learned how to give excellent customer service and drive manual
Management went above and beyond to ensure that the employees and guest were happy
Workplace culture was exciting and welcoming
The hardest part of the job is dealing with extreme weather temperatures
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new guests and working all the special events
Pros
good people flexible hours and nice work environment
Cons
weather
Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  HospitalDecember 9, 2018
Loved my job as a Valet before I was promoted to Account Manager. I love interacting with the employees and guests at the hospital where I work, and I love working with my team. It feels like one cohesive group. I have great mentors, and with their help and support, I was able to progress quickly within the Towne Park employment structure. I look forward to every work day with excitement. It's a great company to work for and I'm proud to be a part of it.
Great Job
Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 21, 2019
TP is a great job for young adults. The best place to work in Des Moines would be the Marriott. The account managers there are awesome and they have a really good team to work with. Plus, that's where the real tips are ;) Really great advancement opportunities. Within 9 months, I was promoted to supervisor and the next step is account manager. My only issue is the pay and if you work at a slower site that doesn't get many tips, it can be even worse. I don't like that the shuttle drivers get paid more than their supervisor. To me, that doesn't make sense. We had to go through classes and training to become supervisor, while the shuttle drivers only need to get a chauffeurs license. Other than that I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
team, fast paced, tips
Cons
pay
Good work but cut-throat
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 13, 2018
Typical day was get in, park cars for 8 hours (peak times 10-1130am, 130-230pm), leave. do it again. 730-330 shifts usually. I learned a lot about customer service, even though I'm not particularly inclined to interact with people. The most enjoyable part was that I didn't have to bring work home with me. The culture was really nice and laid-back, even though we were working extremely hard every single day.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Bad employees weren't dealt with well, no support from upper management and hospital staff
Relaxed Hospital Worker Transportation
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2019
Possibly one of the most relaxing and easy jobs I've ever had. Would work there again if I was able. The managers were kind and understanding, work moved at a slow pace, but often enough to keep you from feeling too idle. Fellow staff are always very friendly.
Pros
Good location, relaxing work, friendly passengers
Cons
Shuttles can have numerous problems, no exemplary benefits
Was a Great company to grow
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 4, 2018
Towne Park was once a great company to come start at the bottom and grow. It was a fun family culture where everyone pulled in the same direction. Lots of work but extremely rewarding. However the last year the company went through many changes in leadership and procedures. Once we got our 3rd CEO in 5 years the fun went away. It was all about profit, and no longer about what was right. Managers felt it, team felt it, and the Clients felt it. In the past year Towne Park has lost tons of great leaders and role models. It now seems very corporate driven.
Workplace was great but lacks Leadership, creativity, and accountability in all departments.
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 9, 2018
Townepark never took care if it’s non-salary employees. For example, our rate of pay should be more than minimum wage and more than just $1 raise for supervisors! I felt like a lot of people were chosen to be managers and supervisors based on likeliness and friendships rather than being work related.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No benefits for anyone who isn’t on salary.
Very easy non stressful place to work
Valet (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2018
Towne Park was a great learning experience for me, I improved on a lot of my skills such as communication, problem solving, and confidence in myself. Its a very relax work environment and hours are very flexible. Would be a great part time job but the pay is very inconsistent considering you mainly work off of tips.
Pros
Very relaxed work environment
Cons
Working off tips when business is slow
A job that will run you down
Valet (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 21, 2018
This job is very fast paced and at sometimes stressful depending if people you work with show up, pay is awful and people dont always tip. Customers are rude and expect you to do everything without tipping. Management hires unreliable people, and often you will be in charge of doing everything by yourself without help or increase in pay. Scheduling is very inconsistant and will vary regardless of what you put in your availability chart. Overall bad job unless you want to get underpaid for the work you do and slave around for customers for free.
Pros
Laid back, flexible, not very serious, unlimited days off, tips
Cons
Unreliable employees, rude customers, bad pay, little advancement oppurtunity, tips arent guaranteed
Not good enough
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2018
You can do the job by the book and sometimes it still wouldn’t be right. The hourly wage isn’t enough. Even though there’s tip pool, that being shared between how ever many people there is, some work harder than others and have more money to turn in and get in return way less than deserved for the job they did. There were several days where I would turn in $100 for tip pool, and get $20-$30 back. That discouraged me from even caring or going above and beyond.
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 4, 2018
My experience at Towne Park was great. They are flexible and work around your schedule which is especially helpful if you are a student or are busy for any other personal reasons. I really enjoyed it, but unfortunately had to move to Arizona so I had to stop working there. If they were hiring around my current area, I'd still be working for Towne Park!
relaxed atmosphere
Cashier / Valet (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 11, 2019
I enjoy working there, meeting new people or just seeing someone I haven't seen in a long time. It is a gravy job for the most part. It is a relaxed atmosphere, we watch TV or read a book while waiting on a customer to check out. Every is considered part - time. Basically everyone one has full time jobs else where, or their retired.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Boring
Terrible place to work.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2018
Worked here for 2 years . Terrible management. Got fired for them not having proof over something that was happening for 10 years at Towne Park. They completely fired the whole staff. Don’t work for Towne Park , they will fire you even if you aren’t involved in a “money scandal “ or anything of that matter.
Fun and Collaborative workplace
VALET DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2018
My typical work day at townepark started with me coming in at 9:30, checking in with my supervisor and proceeding to start parking and pulling cars for the rest of the day. You would get a break after you'd worked 4 hours. My day ended between 6-6:30 and worked every single day of the week.
great place
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63108December 21, 2018
valet customers cars, make sure that cars are parked properly. help out customers with any loading and unloading.
hard part of the job is standing for long period of time
most enjoyable is working with different people and providing customer service.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
standing long period of time
Extremely Stressful environment.
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
Upper Management and HR never cooperates with the Account Managers or Front line employees, District Manager and VP of the companies are played a great role of being bullies. I have worked with a number of managers but never met any management who's strategy is ONLY to scare Managers/employees. Happy employee is always a better employee, this is something TownePark needs to focus on.
I am sure the company appreciates the VP and DM for bringing business but maintaining peace and building relationship with employees is also important.
Wages/saleries are very low as compare to the work load they put on employees and Managers.
Pros
Food trucks across the street.
Cons
Pay, micro management, seagull management, extreme favoritism, no appreciation, suggestions or opinions are ignored.
Good College Job
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2018
Valeting with Town Parke is an easy, laid back job for anybody that needs a flexible schedule. The money isn't fantastic ($5.50 an hour), but you'll make tips on top of that and it usually gets you to about $10 an hour. There's opportunities to move up if it's something you're interested in doing long term, but it's also a good gig for people that are just trying to get by for a little bit.
Pros
Flexible schedule, tips, easy job
Cons
pay isn't great, usually not a career builder
Good location but, money is not always good.
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2018
During my time at Towne Park, there was too much stress and unmotivated employees who did not work hard. Management was very poor and they did not know what they were doing and did not seem to care.
Pros
Break Periods
Cons
Not enough money and management was not always honest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Park, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight