Towne Park, Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun workplace
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
learned how to drive the manual cars, it was really fun working over there and i didn't encounter any difficulties. work environment was clean and enjoyed all the benefits of the company
Town Park is great
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2018
I loved working with Towne Park. It was a great place with caring coworkers and managers. Had a great relationship with the company we worked for. I defiantly recommend Towne Park to others.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
the consumers sometimes, parking was limited
ok job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 17, 2018
meet and greet people at hospital entrance open there car door and park there car in a safe lot and took keys and lock them up in a safe lock box.....
Great learning experience, and helps build communication skills.
Valet Parking Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
A great opportunity to work on communication skills. Get to meet people from all over. Keeps you active, friendly, teaches you to work with others, and keeps you at a face pace employee.
Towne Park
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
Running to get cars, opening doors, and greeting guests was a nice experience. I always treated the guests with care and most of my coworker were hard working. There were times where management treated me unfairly and could have went about things a different way.They were flexible with my schedule and there were opportunities to move up the corporate ladder.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rare breaks
Bad
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
Towne Park makes you work very hard for them for little to nothing. I worked mainly alone because the manger got fired for stealing from the company (they all do it he just got caught) and the other employees never showed up on time. They are constantly losing contacts for poor management and it’s costing the employees money.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
They lie about everything
Fun work place
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 10, 2018
Great, easy place to work. Good environment with good people. What I enjoyed the most is the fact that management was more than willing to work around my school schedule.
Good company and team work.
General Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Good, physically demanding, sometime stress situations, dealing with difficult customers you will require certain seniority, experience and temper. Good team work
You better be fit and healthy
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 6, 2018
You are constantly running/fast walking back and forth to park and retrieve cars. You have to do the work of 4 people because we were so short handed since the pay is very poor, no one wants to work that hard around sick patients with the risk of getting sick for that little pay and terrible benefits. The hardest part for me was breathing because of my allergies and the fact that we never got breaks no matter how long we worked there. There was an employee that was guaranteed a 1 hour break no matter what and many times she would go home an hour after her break, screwing us over on breaks for anyone else. The manager had no spine, and would never say no to people. Would not be firm in getting people to come in and fill spots. The only thing fulfilling was being able to help elderly and sick people with unloading their cars and taking care of parking them.
Pros
fulfilling, helpful to others
Cons
no breaks, low pay, poor management, corporate does not care, no training
great
Assistant (Current Employee) –  fort worth texasJuly 1, 2018
great company to work for. Fast paced evniornment, with high concentration of team work. They were good to me when i needed time off and kept up their end of the bargin with salary.
Good job
Guest Service Captain (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2018
This is a great job with a high chance of moving up in the company quick, the only flaw is some days can be slow and this is bad at times because you are dependent on tips to make up a bulk of your pay
This company don't value its employee
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
All they care about is there self no raise no nothing work work and when they get there bonus its no recognition not even a thank you don't even give us pay holiday even harvey we lost a hole week with out pay they want us to come to work in the flood when its impossible that there culture
Pros
A little money to help pay some of your bills
Cons
No Value what so ever
You can drive any type of cars
VALET PARKING ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 28, 2018
It's a job that can put not much in your pocket just a little and acts you see people from all over the world like celebrity artists rappers and more.
Stressful and under paid, lack of leadership.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKJune 28, 2018
I use to work at Saint Francis hospital in Tulsa and also at Hillcrest. The people that I worked with were lazy and sometimes would sleep at the job or just disappeared for hours leaving me to retrieve vehicles and park as well that was when they actually showed up. The customers are hospital patients on a budget, which means no tips or pennies. It is overwhelming and stressful. There is zero opportunity for advancement and the pay is a joke. Sometimes the manager would hide to see if you were working and rarely did they help. This valet company has above average turn over rates and only two or one people work at a time. It was extremely busy and if you made $10 dollars in tips a day you were lucky. I would not recommend the Tulsa hospital locations to anyone. the only Towne Parks that make money are in hotels in Dallas. So if you are ready to move to Texas then you are good.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
No help, low pay, stressful enviroment, bad tips
Flexible schedule, low pay for cashiers
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 27, 2018
Cashiers must not leave the office for their entire 8 hour shift unless they go on their 30 minute break. During busy season or when large groups come into the hotel, the ramp gets backed up and we cannot move cars in or out quickly enough, and the cashier gets complained at. Management usually listens to your needs and requests and genuinely cares. Must be super organized and calm under pressure to work here! Overall, fun and beautiful place to work!
Pros
flexible scheduling, great people to work with
Cons
no raise after several years, no advancement for cashiers, changed management every couple of months, extremely stressful at times
Atlanta Overnight Cash Cow
Overnight Valet (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Good:

I started work at a new location with a group of rookies. This was my first valet job. I liked the hustle. I was working in Midtown at a busy hotel. The tips, even with tip pooling, were pretty good. I ended up moving to overnight after a month because no one wants to work overnight.

I fell in love with it.

I met so many different people, usually partying. This has helped me to connect with people easily. I got to drive to many fancy and weird cars, Getting paid to test drive cars is not a bad gig. (Don't worry. No joyriding.) There were some "not-so-good" cars and/or people but nothing I couldn't handle.

The pay was $9/hr plus tips. The tips were nice. VERY NICE. Depending on the night and hours you work, you could be looking at $100+ on tips in one night, maybe two. (Friday and Saturday afternoon/nights) Morning shifts were good for taxi cab kickbacks (get a cabbie a fare, gives you a piece)

There's money to be made here if you hustle. I worked alone overnight mostly so all tips went to me. But so did the work...

Bad:

The Atlanta District of Towne Park Management is a joke.

Management can find no one worth hiring, no one worth keeping working, and no one to work at all. They would routinely overstaff at some locations while skeleton crews at others.

Employees would routinely no call/no show without penalty.

There is only one hotel left standing because of this team.

But lets forget the worst park pf Towne Park.

The average employee.

Here's the procedure for valet.
1.Greet guest
2.Trade keys for ticket
3.Assist guest if needed
  more...
4. Park Car
5.Retrieve cars

Most employees have a hard time with all of these tasks. One location couldn't 30 days without accidents for the entire 6 month contract. Rental keys lost regularly. Employees REFUSE to label the keys at all, making their own job harder, well mostly mine or the other overnight guy.

Long story short:

Get your money
Pros
Fast Cash
Cons
Poor management. Overwork
Fun workplace when management isn't up your butt
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
Work is fun but can be stressful. Management doesn't care about your life outside of the hotel. If you have to babysit your sister, they'll make you bring your sister to work so you can be there at your post.
Easy job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2018
Obviously for kids fresh out of high school or people that are board and really need a job. It's almost impossible to get fired. Don't go into management.
Felxible
Guest Service Chief/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 25, 2018
This was a good job yo have while i finished my college degree. Flexible work schedule. I wish there were more opportunity to receive raises in pay. Did not like that management was always changing at my site.
Productive and fun place to work
Texas - Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Park, TXJune 17, 2018
I typically worked on the weekends which was when the hotel would see the most traffic. Staff worked hard and worked as a team to ensure guests were properly taken care of and to increase tip potential. Management would actively be involved with the valet process throughout the day to ensure the team did not get behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Park, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight