Towne Properties Employee Reviews

Most unorganized place I’ve ever worked
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 17, 2018
This was the most stressful unorganized property I’ve ever worked, they only care about money and not the well being of their residents, the community I worked had so many health violations and unsafe living conditions I’m glad I don’t work there I’d feel bad if something happened to a resident, due to the lack of addressing issues when they arise. The community is not safe and not ideal for raising a family, they enforce no type of rules to ensure the safety of everyone. They talk to people as if they are beneath them. You might have an attitude that you can take on the world, but Beech Grove in Jeffersonville, Indiana will rip that right from you. They want you to work miracles for them with little resources to do so.
Pros
Pto, vacation
Cons
No integrity, stressful, poor communication
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. The experience you describe at this property is not consistent with the experience of most Towne Properties associates and we would love the chance to address this with you. Did you participate in an exit interview prior to leaving your employment? If not, we welcome you to reach out to Human Resources to set that up.

Management...
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 19, 2018
Old management was great, new management comes in sending people 16 different ways and then some, then asks why the other items didn't get completed...idiots. That particular property, not a good place to work.
Cons
Management.

Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHJuly 9, 2018
Towne offers training and certification classes. They have beautiful apartment communities and fun people that work for them. It has been a great experience.
Pros
401K and Paid Vacation
September 10, 2018

We appreciate your time in writing this review. It's great to hear that you find value in the training and development Towne Properties provides its associates.

stressful
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2018
The management of Towne CDO was not receptive to the issues in the workplace and refused to help. There was no confidentiality with the supervisors and you felt like you had to stay away from people.
Pros
holidays and paid days off
Cons
alot of things
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. The experience you describe at this location is not consistent with the experience of most Towne Properties associates and we would love the chance to address this with you. Did you participate in an exit interview prior to leaving your employment? If not, we welcome you to reach out to Human Resources to set that up.

Great Company, structural limitations are problematic
District Manager and VP (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 17, 2018
The company is well focused and a good working environment, the structure of the reporting silos creates difficulty and loss of flexibility and being nimble and able to change with the industry. Frustrating to team members and clients.
Developing and Stable Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 20, 2018
Each day I was able to manage a team and learned how working together to get a job done to meet deadlines. My future goal is to work in information technology as this is my major at Wright State. I enjoy working with computers, troubleshooting issues and working with new software and writing programs.
Productive work place
Community Administrator (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Hard to put into words. The office location was perfect, hours were great. I worked for 2 property managers, both were amazing managers. I enjoyed speaking and working with the Board of Directors and homeowners of the 22 communities I had
Pros
Working with the homeowners
Cons
Job security
January 15, 2018

Thank you for your time in writing this review. It's wonderful to hear that your time with Towne Properties was so positive. It's encouraging to hear that your team was amazing and you had such good experiences with the customers you faced each day.

Great company!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Values it’s enployees and treats them like true family members. Definitely take pride in saying I work for Towne! I would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in this industry.
January 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Towne Properties. It's great to hear you feel valued and appreciated.

Growing opportunity and good environment
Senior Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2017
Like working here, great benefits from the company, and they time the time to make sure that you are trained. A growing company in the Indianapolis area. Opportunity to grow
December 6, 2017

We are so glad that you're having a positive experience working in Indianapolis. It is certainly a growing district. And we are pleased to hear that you're finding value in our extensive training programs. Thank you for your review.

Great Company, Great Culture
manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
I've been with Towne Properties for nearly 15 years and have been in many positions. With training and mentoring from fantastic people in Towne, I have had a career path that is diverse but also uses my skills well. I've worked in sales, management, and several things in between. They have a great training team that teaches you how to be the best you can be at your job. If you want to move up, though, they don't have training for that. You can get tuition reimbursement to take classes you find on your own that will give you the professional development you need to advance if that is what you are looking for. The company keeps growing and growing so there are a lot of opportunities for people that are hungry enough to go for them.
Pros
a lot of recent and ongoing changes to bring the company up to the current times
Cons
insurance is expensive but has good coverage
December 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Towne Properties. It's great to hear from one of the many associates that have been here for so many years. Your testimony highlights something that many of our associates truly value- the opportunities to move up and progress within their career. Our training programs are great for sharpening your skills and keeping current with laws and trends and our tuition reimbursement offers many associates the opportunity to take specific training that applies to their position. Thanks again for your feedback.

Decent job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2017
Good job but not a career not much room for advancement and the company but overall it is a great company to work for if you're not looking for a lifetime job.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Long drive for me
November 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working with Towne Properties. We're thrilled to hear that you have such a positive overall feeling about your position and the company.

If you are interested in advancement within the service field, we do have many opportunities for growth and development. Moving from Service Technician I to Service Technician II to Service Technician III are all options for an associate that is engaged in the Towne University programs and obtains additional certifications and skills training.

From there, movement to a Service Manager is an option as is a move into a different department. We have Service Technicians in multifamily housing, commercial space, retail space, condo and HOA, as well as recreational space.

There is also the option of moving into one of the other divisions that require a different skill set. Some of these are Towne Development Group, TowneScapes, and Total Restoration Solutions. If you'd like more information about any of these, please contact Training or Human Resources.

Challenging and Fun
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Trotwood, OHOctober 27, 2017
Towne Properties is challenging and fun. The wages are competitive and employee recognition is great. They promote from with and have a great Training and Development department.

They have team building events at Top Golf, horse races etc. Employee outings at Kings Island, Coney Island and Casino.

I would recommend working on the Dayton team.
Pros
Annual reviews and raises
October 30, 2017

Thank you for your time in reviewing your experience working with Towne Properties. We are happy you have found your time with us to be rewarding. A lot of time and effort goes into programs and activities to show appreciation for our associates and we are glad to hear you enjoy them.

Best Management Company I've Been With
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2017
I've been in this industry since 2002, and have worked for three management companies. Towne is by far the best company I have been with, which is why I have stayed onboard for more than 13 years.
The company is fairly large but feels like a small, family company. I feel valued as a person, as an individual. I've been afforded opportunities for training that allowed me to advance my career with Towne. I have seen the same for a lot of other employees here. We're not numbers at Towne, we are people.
Towne is also very committed to charitable work. Among many things, they fundraise annually for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We walk in this event every year, and work together to raise funds. We are always a top corporate fundraiser for the cause. It feels good to be part of this.
Pros
Great training, 401k with match, generous paid time off program
Cons
Insurance plan is expensive
November 2, 2017

We appreciate your thorough review of your experience as a Leasing Professional with Towne Properties. Over the past 55+ years, we have grown by leaps and bounds and we are happy to hear that the culture has remained intact as a supportive team environment our associates are happy to be part of.
The Training and Development Department works tirelessly to bring meaningful programs to our associates that will directly impact their job performance and professional growth. We're glad you find value in these offerings.
Finally, Corporate Social Responsibility is a commitment Towne shares with its associates. Our fundraising efforts have a tremendous impact in the community, but only because of the dedication and hard work of the associates on our team.
Thank you again for your time in reviewing Towne Properties and we hope for many more years of success together.

Work load unrealistic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
Unhappy Place to work and environment to be in. Extreme stress due to uneven work loads and distribution with no managerial support. Office full of nepotism and cover ups.
Very unorganized and not professional
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2017
Terrible management and not great benefits. Not very much reward when you work hard. They do have flexible hours in some departments. But overall I wouldn't recommend this company.
August 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your work experience with Towne Properties does not match our intention of being a Great Place to Live, Work Shop and Play®. We are very sorry you feel the management team is less than stellar and that you do not feel rewarded for your work contributions. We encourage you to speak candidly with your supervisor about your concerns; if that is not feasible, please bring your concerns to Human Resources so we may address them as appropriate.

Towne Properties
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. There is no typical day here. Everyday is always different from the next. I have learned so much at Towne. I started out in nursing and switched careers in 2015. I am still learning. The most enjoyable part of my day is having conversations with prospects learning about them and their family.
June 22, 2017

We are so happy to hear how much you like working for Towne Properties - thank you for taking the time to comment! It truly is very rewarding work helping people select their new place to call home. We believe the residents can tell how much you enjoy what you do - and that makes a world of difference!

Towne
Accounts Receviable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for. The owner of the company is an absolute sweetheart. He really care about his employees as well as his residents. A great place to work, live and play.
June 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on what a GREAT place Towne Properties is! Most will agree that the owner truly is one-of-a-kind!

A great company to grow with
Lead Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, OH 45150May 17, 2017
this company gives there employees great recognition to all employees & delivers great training to everyone. I only left due to moving back to Florida. if not for that,I would have stayed until retirement. I recommend this company for anyone...
June 1, 2017

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your time with Towne Properties! Our Training & Development Department does an excellent job in providing a wide array of programs so all associates have an opportunity to continually learn and grow. Our annual Towne Associates Appreciation Day (TAAD) is indeed a special day of recognition and fun for all!

Favoritism, nepotism just to name a few. Not a fun place to work.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  NKYDecember 2, 2016
Favoritism, nepotism, racism, age discrimination, gender discrimination. Saw it all while I worked for Towne Properties. HR turned a blind eye to it. Towne Property solution was to fire an individual rather than address the issues.
Pros
Zero
Cons
To many to list
January 24, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your work experience with Towne Properties did not match our intention of being a Great Place to Live, Work Shop and Play®. We sincerely value and consider all feedback and would like to take this opportunity to address some of your specific concerns.

Towne Properties is an equal opportunity employer. EEO policies begin at recruitment and continue throughout employment. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, associate benefits, transfers, reductions in force and returns, company sponsored training and social and recreational programs and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, gender identity, genetic history, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status and any legally protected category or activity in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws.

We instruct all associates that, if they believe this policy is being violated in any way, to report it to their supervisor or the Human Resources department. If a report to a supervisor fails to correct the problem or concern, associates are then instructed to promptly report it to the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will investigate valid complaints and take appropriate action.

favoritism
Administrative Assistant / Association Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2016
The more you work, the more they expect from you. They have everyone in our office so overloaded that the quality of work suffers.
January 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret that you feel so overloaded that the quality of your work suffers – that certainly is not the kind of work environment we want to promote at Towne Properties. We understand that there are certain times of the year in our industry that are busier than others and there may be times when an office is caught understaffed as we look to hire additional qualified associates. Have you had the opportunity to discuss this situation with your manager? If that is not a viable solution, please contact the Human Resources department to discuss the issue in greater detail so we can assist in finding a suitable resolution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight