Townsquare Media Employee Reviews

overworked until you are on top
Director of Corporate IT (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 17, 2018
long hours and always asked to do things that have absolutely nothing to do with your job responsibilities or even with the company for that matter. complete joke.
Mixed feelings about working with Townsquare Media
News and Sports Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 11, 2018
There is no typical day... A lot my job required me to work by myself independently. If you don't like working alone, then I would not suggest it. Company is cheap and low paying for most jobs.
Pros
Mixed feelings about working here.
Cons
Cheap company with low pay (in most jobs).
Townsquare Media
Blogger, Producer, On-Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 22, 2018
This company is lacking balance between investing in stations and expectation of outcome. I was eliminated from the budget after making the most positive momentum in station ratings out of any talent in the four-station cluster.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
very little staff interaction, not-fun vibe in building, rapid turnover, sub-par product, very little appreciation shown from management
Good times
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time there though it was short lived. All of the talent that I worked with were great. The managers were very friendly and patient. Great culture.
Intern
Radio Intern (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 9, 2018
As an intern I received college credit for my time with TownSquare Media. I received the tools necessary to move on in the radio industry. With 3 stations running in Sedalia I had a wide variety of experience.
Can be a great place to work.
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 6, 2018
Townsquare Media is a corporate environment where you are encouraged to accel. They are highly focused on the bottom line and don’t seem to care about much else.
Pros
Free tickets to events, free lunches at staff meetings
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2018
Townsquare puts family first. They understand that people have lives and allow you to be flexible with work and family. As long as you make up your time and get your work done they are flexible. Work hard play hard is what the sales mgr goes on.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay to park
Great place to work!
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 26, 2018
Great management and work culture. Steady work pace and a fairly low stress environment. Everyone gets along great and there isn’t fear instilled in employees. Things are FUN and coming to work is enjoyable and you don’t have to worry about what is going to go wrong today. Management is very transparent and cares about the employees! Meetings are kept to a minimum so you can focus on what is important, the clients! There isn’t much turnover, most people who have gone have retired or moved on to other career interests. Upper-Management knows what they are doing and doesn’t approach everything with a shotgun approach. They have a great on boarding program for new hires and every day is something fun new and exciting. They really lead the way for media sales in the Tri-Cities market!
Pros
Minimal meetings, group outings, fun environment, everyone gets along, good Management.
Cons
It’s sales, so if sales isn’t your thing it won’t matter what company it is, it won’t be for you.
Productive and fun workplace with great employees
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 24, 2018
Townsquare has a fun culture and atmosphere. On a typically day I would assist multiple AE's with preparing proposals, building schedules, getting traffic applied or sitting in on brainstorming or client meetings.
fun environment with friendly coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 21, 2018
My internship at Townsqure was a great opportunity to learn about the music industry from the radio side of it. During my time there, I learned much about different aspects of a radio station and how they operate. I also got to meet some pretty high profile people too. Although I didn't get paid, I got to finally graduate college, so in the end it was worth it.
Pros
free breakfast, great networking opportunity
Cons
no pay
Every day is different
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
No day will be the same if you like constant change this job is for you, events are fun and you can get as active as you would like. The pay is not great but perks can make up for things.
Pros
events
Cons
salary
Fun workplace, team environment
VP Solutions, Branded Entertainment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Great work/life balance and flexibility to work remotely when needed. Very close knit team environment, everyone helps each other. Upper management is accessible and open to feedback on how to improve culture.
Fun work place with great opportunities to interact with listeners and gain experience in radio.
Promotions Lead Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 18, 2018
I had a blast working at Townsquare Media. I loved being able to travel all over the Jersey Shore for different events and live broadcasts. My coworkers were helpful and friendly, and I loved being able to work with them. Live broadcasts brought great opportunities to interact with listeners face to face.Overall, great experience.
Fun Place
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 11, 2018
Very encouraging and just a fun atmosphere. I felt like I learned a lot at this company and feel that Townsquare Media helped me become the on air personality that I am.
Wouldnt recommend this job to my worst enemy
Digital & Media Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 11, 2018
Literally the worst place Iv ever worked at. Management is terrible!! There are two people that have been there for 50 years so they get alll the clients and the Market President Is A Bipolar psychopath.
Good Company
Music Director (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 5, 2018
Great company that respects radio, but also understands that digital is king. Digital is required and radio is sometimes pushed to the side, but in the end the company understands what is fading away.
Pros
Digital Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Morning Show Host (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 4, 2018
I found it to be a very stifling environment to work in. Way too much negativity toward performances and results. Lack of forward thinking and willingness to listen to other, new, different ideas and theories. Seemed to me the emphasis was on the wrong things.
I loved my time with Townsquare
Human Resource Assistant and On- Air Talent (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 29, 2018
I loved working for Townsquare Media. It was the best place to work and they were so friendly and helpful in learning the business. I feel like they are my family and still turn to them when I need something.
Just like an other call center
Senior National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2018
workday goes from 8-5. You are expected to call 80-100 net new prospects per day, 100% outbound with no lead generation. You have to spend your nights and weekends prospecting, ownership of leads you find yourself are sub par only granting ownership for one to two weeks. Training and attention given by your manager is little to none existent apart from a few. Sales training you go through last 1 month, with 2 weeks being in the class room where you do no role playing or traditional sales training instead they try to teach you SEO and the history of the company.The sales managers get really frustrated when all you talk about on the phones is SEO and how Town Square is as a company despite that being all that is covered in your training. It is very much a sink or swim environment if you get a good manager and a good BDM that really cares about your success then its tolerable if you can make 100 net new calls a day. They do like to have fun playing games once a month every Friday morning for an hour and do have a ping pong table to use between calls. Just make sure your at goal before playing!
Pros
little to no supervison
Cons
they do not pay for parking or vouch, poor pay, poor commissions, 100% cold calling with no lead generation or help prospecting
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 13, 2018
Being an intern here was an amazing time, I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking into the radio industry! You get to go out on remote broadcasts, shadow DJ's, and so much more!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Townsquare Media. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight