Townsquare Media Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, team environment
VP Solutions, Branded Entertainment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Great work/life balance and flexibility to work remotely when needed. Very close knit team environment, everyone helps each other. Upper management is accessible and open to feedback on how to improve culture.
Fun work place with great opportunities to interact with listeners and gain experience in radio.
Promotions Lead Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 18, 2018
I had a blast working at Townsquare Media. I loved being able to travel all over the Jersey Shore for different events and live broadcasts. My coworkers were helpful and friendly, and I loved being able to work with them. Live broadcasts brought great opportunities to interact with listeners face to face.Overall, great experience.
Fun Place
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 11, 2018
Very encouraging and just a fun atmosphere. I felt like I learned a lot at this company and feel that Townsquare Media helped me become the on air personality that I am.
Wouldnt recommend this job to my worst enemy
Digital & Media Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 11, 2018
Literally the worst place Iv ever worked at. Management is terrible!! There are two people that have been there for 50 years so they get alll the clients and the Market President Is A Bipolar psychopath.
Good Company
Music Director (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 5, 2018
Great company that respects radio, but also understands that digital is king. Digital is required and radio is sometimes pushed to the side, but in the end the company understands what is fading away.
Pros
Digital Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Morning Show Host (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 4, 2018
I found it to be a very stifling environment to work in. Way too much negativity toward performances and results. Lack of forward thinking and willingness to listen to other, new, different ideas and theories. Seemed to me the emphasis was on the wrong things.
I loved my time with Townsquare
Human Resource Assistant and On- Air Talent (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 29, 2018
I loved working for Townsquare Media. It was the best place to work and they were so friendly and helpful in learning the business. I feel like they are my family and still turn to them when I need something.
Just like an other call center
Senior National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2018
workday goes from 8-5. You are expected to call 80-100 net new prospects per day, 100% outbound with no lead generation. You have to spend your nights and weekends prospecting, ownership of leads you find yourself are sub par only granting ownership for one to two weeks. Training and attention given by your manager is little to none existent apart from a few. Sales training you go through last 1 month, with 2 weeks being in the class room where you do no role playing or traditional sales training instead they try to teach you SEO and the history of the company.The sales managers get really frustrated when all you talk about on the phones is SEO and how Town Square is as a company despite that being all that is covered in your training. It is very much a sink or swim environment if you get a good manager and a good BDM that really cares about your success then its tolerable if you can make 100 net new calls a day. They do like to have fun playing games once a month every Friday morning for an hour and do have a ping pong table to use between calls. Just make sure your at goal before playing!
Pros
little to no supervison
Cons
they do not pay for parking or vouch, poor pay, poor commissions, 100% cold calling with no lead generation or help prospecting
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 13, 2018
Being an intern here was an amazing time, I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking into the radio industry! You get to go out on remote broadcasts, shadow DJ's, and so much more!
Good Radio Stations Committed to Their Communities
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 9, 2018
Townsquare Media doesn't often worry about the bigger markets because often times the unique local feel of community radio is lost in big cities, so Townsquare commits itself to mid and small level markets to provide them with exemplary radio programming
worked part time, enjoyable tasks, people and atmosphere
Part Time Road Crew (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTApril 30, 2018
worked part time, enjoyable tasks, people and atmosphere. Hours were flexible- This can be a good or bad thing, as the times I was needed were generally few and far between, with a handful of all day events. Was paid minimum wage, mostly manual labor for my position. Great for high school or college kids who want experience at a radio station setting.
fun and hard working friendly
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport,LaApril 18, 2018
I loved working there for over 22 yrs. Always feel like working with family. Management cares about you and your family. Lots of events to work at and enjoy. Company atmosphere is fun and you want always learn new ways to work and advance your knowledge. Very secure and safe place to work. There is always someone there 24/7 in the building.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
I don't think I can really represent work there.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 9, 2018
Everyone is an interesting character. I really didn't work the same way that a regular employee does, I was just doing a small bit for school. But other than that, everyone seemed to enjoy working there.
Pros
Snacks
Relaxed. Playing commercials when they need to be played during broadcast
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 5, 2018
Run pregame for games and play ads during breaks. Picking bumper music to play after ads so broadcaster knows when to resume calling game. Culture is very relaxed and easy going. Staff is friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Relaxing enviroment, not stressfull
Cons
Sometimes a little slow. Not much beyond pressing play and stop
Fun place to work
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WAApril 3, 2018
Great management and work culture. Steady work pace and a fairly low stress environment, sales being the exception. Overall a fun place to work with little drama.
Radio
Weekend Producer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 28, 2018
I am fairly new to this company. And so, I do not know enough about it to make any kind of fair review. I can say that I like it so far. Radio is a very exciting business to work in.
Potential for lots of commisson
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMarch 15, 2018
Best media company in the Jersey shore, they own most of the NJ based radio stations along with other media elements, the senior Account managers are great with showing the Junior Account Managers how to be successful
Pros
make your scheules, positive company atmosphere
Cons
lower then normal salary
100 percent cut throat
Would rather not mention. (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
As a long time contributor there is zero chance given for any advancement. Very little help and most of the time no communication at all. There is practically no diversity either, mostly men...mostly older white men.

It could be a great company but they need to bring in New people with new ideas. Everyone just keeps hiring their friends.
Pros
Good work experiences when given the chance.
Cons
Lack of communication, disorganized, low wages
Amazing!
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 28, 2018
Loved working with TSM in Texarkana. Best place to work in the area no doubt. I had no marketing experience and they taught me everything I know I loved that place so much.
Pros
Working for the radio station
Cut throat environment
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 22, 2018
Horrible place to work. I was never given the support from my manager that my counter part did. No clear division of territory, everyone going after same clients. No team work, cut throat environment.

Do not provide required equipment, bought iPad for myself, to do my job. Hostile sales environment.
Cons
Goals too high, no protected territory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Townsquare Media. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight