Townsquare Media Employee Reviews

Fun job and place to work, not enough pay
Radio Host (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 5, 2018
It was a fantastic job with some stress. Not enough compensation. Not a secure job. Did make some extra money on the side with events. Felt like a number.
Fun place to work
Promotions (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 30, 2018
I had interned there for my college credits and was hired after my internship was over. They were good to their interns, unfortunately they did not have too many hours to offer
Pros
Fun environment, interactive work
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Low pay
Forward thinking , team environment where sales result recognized
Sales (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2018
Working at Townsquare Grand Rapids in sales you can count on support , continued training ,solution thinking , supportive mgt and co workers. The company is forward thinking and focused on serving the local west Michigan market. Leader in multi platform solutions locally and nationally, Townsquare is recognized as a leader In the radio and digital industry, which is exciting to be apart of . This a page you can grow with and make a great living, hard work and results are rewarded.
Pros
Work life balance, Sales Team Culture, Training, Assests, Colloboration, Top notch brands and services, uncapped commission, 401k Match, Tickets and Trade, bonuses with performance
Cons
If you don’t like innovation or accountability - not the job for you . Long hours
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 12, 2018
Receptionist that did more than receptionist duties. Managed yard sale booths and payroll and hours for events that needed workers, mailed out pay checks after verifying hours and set up signature to get before releasing pay check.
Pros
lots to due and learn, nice people
Cons
management don't care
Great Company
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 8, 2018
Townsquare Media is a great company with a bright future. It's digital platforms are cutting edge and offers it's small to medium size markets a real opportunity in the digital space. Unfortunately, the management side is still in the beginning stages and needs some help. Very inconsistent with it's reporting from market to market.
Pros
Small to mid size markets
Cons
Growth
fun atmosphere and friendly co workers
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
this company is a great company to work for they are committed to their employees and accommodate every need of the employee and try to help everyone. i feel i would recommend this job to anyone
Fun place to work
Traffic Director-Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Very detail oriented work but i enjoyed it. There was never anything not to do. Several management changes over my time there. Paid time off and benefits were more than fair.
Quick paced, stressful enviornment but clear path to success
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Townsquare is a innovative and up to date company. Naturally a quick paced and stressful environment but has room to succeed if you find the correct position.
Mixed feelings about working with Townsquare Media
News and Sports Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 11, 2018
There is no typical day... A lot my job required me to work by myself independently. If you don't like working alone, then I would not suggest it. Company is cheap and low paying for most jobs.
Pros
Mixed feelings about working here.
Cons
Cheap company with low pay (in most jobs).
Townsquare Media
Blogger, Producer, On-Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 22, 2018
This company is lacking balance between investing in stations and expectation of outcome. I was eliminated from the budget after making the most positive momentum in station ratings out of any talent in the four-station cluster.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
very little staff interaction, not-fun vibe in building, rapid turnover, sub-par product, very little appreciation shown from management
Good times
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time there though it was short lived. All of the talent that I worked with were great. The managers were very friendly and patient. Great culture.
Intern
Radio Intern (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 9, 2018
As an intern I received college credit for my time with TownSquare Media. I received the tools necessary to move on in the radio industry. With 3 stations running in Sedalia I had a wide variety of experience.
Can be a great place to work.
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 6, 2018
Townsquare Media is a corporate environment where you are encouraged to accel. They are highly focused on the bottom line and don’t seem to care about much else.
Pros
Free tickets to events, free lunches at staff meetings
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2018
Townsquare puts family first. They understand that people have lives and allow you to be flexible with work and family. As long as you make up your time and get your work done they are flexible. Work hard play hard is what the sales mgr goes on.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay to park
Great place to work!
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 26, 2018
Great management and work culture. Steady work pace and a fairly low stress environment. Everyone gets along great and there isn’t fear instilled in employees. Things are FUN and coming to work is enjoyable and you don’t have to worry about what is going to go wrong today. Management is very transparent and cares about the employees! Meetings are kept to a minimum so you can focus on what is important, the clients! There isn’t much turnover, most people who have gone have retired or moved on to other career interests. Upper-Management knows what they are doing and doesn’t approach everything with a shotgun approach. They have a great on boarding program for new hires and every day is something fun new and exciting. They really lead the way for media sales in the Tri-Cities market!
Pros
Minimal meetings, group outings, fun environment, everyone gets along, good Management.
Cons
It’s sales, so if sales isn’t your thing it won’t matter what company it is, it won’t be for you.
Productive and fun workplace with great employees
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 24, 2018
Townsquare has a fun culture and atmosphere. On a typically day I would assist multiple AE's with preparing proposals, building schedules, getting traffic applied or sitting in on brainstorming or client meetings.
fun environment with friendly coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 21, 2018
My internship at Townsqure was a great opportunity to learn about the music industry from the radio side of it. During my time there, I learned much about different aspects of a radio station and how they operate. I also got to meet some pretty high profile people too. Although I didn't get paid, I got to finally graduate college, so in the end it was worth it.
Pros
free breakfast, great networking opportunity
Cons
no pay
Every day is different
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
No day will be the same if you like constant change this job is for you, events are fun and you can get as active as you would like. The pay is not great but perks can make up for things.
Pros
events
Cons
salary
Fun workplace, team environment
VP Solutions, Branded Entertainment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Great work/life balance and flexibility to work remotely when needed. Very close knit team environment, everyone helps each other. Upper management is accessible and open to feedback on how to improve culture.
Fun work place with great opportunities to interact with listeners and gain experience in radio.
Promotions Lead Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 18, 2018
I had a blast working at Townsquare Media. I loved being able to travel all over the Jersey Shore for different events and live broadcasts. My coworkers were helpful and friendly, and I loved being able to work with them. Live broadcasts brought great opportunities to interact with listeners face to face.Overall, great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Townsquare Media. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight