Towson University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Work Environment
Resident Assistant and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 26, 2018
Felt like a big family, very "home" driven mentality
Enjoyed going to work everyday
Relaxed environment, but stern about deadlines which allowed for the relaxed environment to not let us slack
Ok
Adjunct Professor, Spanish (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 16, 2018
This was an okay place to work. My manager was nice but a little in over her head. The materials were pretty good and the students were pretty good. Just had the issues of adjunct teaching.
Pros
Materials
Cons
Adjunct pay
Network value, thats it
Audio Tech-Dept. of Music (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 13, 2018
Good for meeting people.

Barely covers gas or a meal. Dont quit your day job especially if your a student!

Everyone's experience will obviously differ, but there are certainly better opportunities.
Workout facility available during lunch break
Fleet Services Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  300 W Towsontown Blvd, Towson, MDJune 14, 2018
My day consists of dealing with a very diverse group of people. Customer service and the office staff make the days fun.
General Manager has a tendency to micro-manage which makes the day very stressful.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Stress/ being micro-managed
review
SAGE Mentor, part time (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 3, 2018
it was cool. very relaxed environment. jobs go really fast so you have to stay up on openings and stuff. handshake is a very useful site to find jobs.
Poor and uncomfortable place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2018
Too much favoritism on the job, management not require be licence CDL drivers does not value employees with knowledge of the job poor bus maintenance
Pros
Cons
poor work environment
Why
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 20, 2018
Everything is super and don't hesitate to say hi to however you because chances are they are all ice people. There is the occasional weirdo but whatever
wondeful little side job
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 16, 2018
working here is very enjoyable, depending on where you are stationed you can also usually get homework done. Student workers get free printing and can cultivate relationships with the wonderful members of the staff.
Welcoming Environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 10, 2018
Towson University is a friendly and collaborative working environment. I enjoyed the focus on growth and achievement, as well as the understanding and empathy given by the staff.
Job security and very good benefits
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 4, 2018
Towson University is a member of the Maryland State system and therefore, staff members are State employees. With that, TU employees enjoy all the benefits of Maryland state workers. This includes premium health care, a retirement package, and excellent PTO. Also included in these benefits include some university benefits including tuition remission and tuition benefits for your dependents.
Pros
A relaxed working environment
Cons
Infrequent raises and promotion opportunities.
Encouraged learning experience
Field Technician Support (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 24, 2018
The job was pretty relaxed. The managers were always willing to help you through assignments you haven't had before and encouraged you to try new things.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive simple tasks
Easy
Community Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 20, 2018
All you did was sit at the front desk checking one cards to make sure everyone coming in lived in the dorm. If they did not, you would have to sign them in with someone who did live there. You make a lot of friends doing it
Pros
easy, relaxed
Cons
early shifts
Fun and fair
Student Researcher - Mathematics Department (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 18, 2018
Working at the university is very easy-going and fair. I feel as though my work schedule is flexible with my class schedule. I love working with the students and other faculty members.
Tyrant and bully
Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 30, 2018
My work at Towson University starts at 8:00 am and should stop at 4:30 but I often stay at work until 6:00 pm. I learned that what I thought was a secure state job instead became an unforeseen unpredictable layoff without any explanation. The management that was there when I started was excellent, support, and knowledgeable. The new management is complete opposite. They are ill equipped to manage the unit. The new management supervises by bullying and making threats. The work environment is the polar opposite of a cohesive team. The hardest part of the job was working with the new management. The best part of the job was working with the students.
Pros
student interaction
Cons
Poor management
Software Trainer / Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2018
TU was a great place to work. I got 4 weeks paid vacation but the salary is lower than other places. I was also eligible for tuition reimbursement which was great.
Fun Place to work
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 19, 2018
● Obtained official Towson University Student Ambassador certification which allowed me to give solo tours of the university to as many as 50 prospective students and their families
● Enhanced social skills through interaction with groups of prospective students and their parents
● Acquired a wide range of information and history about Towson in order to fully promote my university during my tour
Pros
I get to become more engaged in the Towson community
Cons
When its very cold or hot out working outside can be problematic
Research Departmnet
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 16, 2018
It was great opportunity to develop research skills
supportive mentors and lots of training opportunities
small labs allowed for very focused time with mentors
Amazing place to work
Undergraduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 12, 2018
Currently I am still a student at Towson however the staff here are very friendly and helpful. The only reason I would leave is because my current job is not meant to be a career, it is a research assistant position.
TU is good institute
Adjunct teaching faculty (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 9, 2018
-good institute to work
teaching environment is super.Head of Department is nice , kind and cooperative. I learnt a lot from him. The management is very good.
Fun job at Towson
Student Ambassador Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 7, 2018
If you're looking for a part time job while being a student at Towson, this place is looking for very energetic outgoing individuals to represent Towson, give tours, and show what Towson really has to offer.