Toyo Seat USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not family oriented,
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJuly 22, 2018
No future. No raise, no chance of job advancement. Very high turn over, rules dont apply to everyone. Hours are long, usually 6 days a week. No cost of living, benefits are great. Takes no less then a year to get hired in.
Great starter job.
Line Machine Attendant (Former Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYApril 18, 2018
Not a terrible job. Great place to get factory experience so you can advance in a factory setting. Get your numbers and go home and you don’t have to pull overtime.
Pros
Nights went by fast. Music played while working.
Cons
Very dirty.
Face-paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pelham, TNJanuary 7, 2018
I liked working here. It was a fast learning environment. I was told so many days a week and then it was more than what i was told so I had to leave due to it conflicting with my school hours.
Productive and busy
Paint Line (Former Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYOctober 11, 2017
You start off your shift with a few stretching exercises. You are on your feet all day. Getting in to a routine of what needs to be done first helps out a lot. The hardest part of the job would be getting used to the aches and pains of working on your feet all day and running back and forth from your work station to the paint line. Management would check in on you most of the time thru out the day.
Very fun and competive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MISeptember 12, 2017
Its fast past so be ready to work hard and remember ask question stay focused stay to yourself be on time be respectful smile and have have a great vibe
Pros
Free Coffee and lunch
Cons
Short brakes
Alright job
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJune 4, 2017
Worked there for 6 yrs nothing was orginzed they over worked people 7 days a week 12 hours a day there really was no time for a social life expecially if you had a family and kids
A big learning skill
Welder (Former Employee) –  Imlay michiagnMay 19, 2017
This job put me to where i believe i can do whatever i have in my mind the crew members was great also the supervisors we enjoyed the breaks also all the overtime .
Great place to work for!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 3, 2017
Great people to work with, you get plenty of overtime and great pay, it's 12 hours days. They are very strict on people missing days and will fire you if you miss 4 days.
Pros
Awesome benefits when hired in. Great pay. Great people. Smoking area.
Cons
No cons.
Long hours bosses was not around
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pelham, TNApril 24, 2017
Won't go back people I worked with was great but the bosses were no help at all got into troble for nothing and first shift done no thing wrong but second did
Do not work here
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYFebruary 9, 2017
I worked at the the flemingsburh ky factory. Worse place ive ever worked, supervisors/line leaders would run and hide or set in the office all the time. Mandatory overtime 7 days a week 12 hours a day its awful, machines constantly break down and the maintence men are to worried about getting in yhe workers pants than they are fixing the machines. I was told through a temp angency that id be hired full time after 90 days yeah right!! There was temps that had been there for 8+ years a still a temporary!! Used to be allowed to wear whatever kind of shirts you wanted to until the "big guys" came in and they realized there are more temps than full time so they just made everyone wear the same colored shirts!! Lol PATHETIC! They nees to open 3 shifts so their workers arent such a slave to their jobs and they can spend time with people who actully care about them THEIR FAMILIES! I will never work here again and i dont recommened anyone else to work here!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Nothing!
It's a good place to work. Laid back.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelham, TNNovember 11, 2016
It's a nice place to work. Friendly people, some good trainers. They train you well on a job instead of just throwing you out there. The hardest part of the job is staying awake. The best part of the job is going home time.
Pros
luch break
Cons
breaks
past paced work but fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIAugust 29, 2016
-12 hour days 6 sometimes 7 days a week.
-how to weld and run arc welding machines.
-management needs a lot of improvement.
-coworkers were exceptional.
-the long hours and no personal time.
-most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
30 minute lunch and 4 10 minute breaks
Cons
they make overtime mandatory
Don't go here
Worker (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 2, 2016
I worked there for just over 2 years. In those 2 years I watched as numerous people walked off the job. The line I was on worked 6-7 days a week, 12 hr days, 4pm til 4am. This left you absolutely no time for anything. Couldn't make doctors appointments, see family etc.... The managers could care less about the workers. Line leaders hide from everyone all the time, machines break down constantly. You can tell someone something is wrong, off spec or broke and they shrug it off. Constantly getting yelled at even if you told them it was wrong and the supervisor passes it. Pretty easy to get in, thru a temp service but good luck on the whole promise of getting hired in 90 days. There's temps that have been there over 3-5 years that haven't gotten hired. The shops dirty, smokey, and overall unsanitary. Girls will throw their used feminine products on the floor in the bathroom....
Needs work
Office (Current Employee) –  Imlay City, MIApril 6, 2016
This company is currently out of control, there is so much that needs to be brought up to par.

If it keeps going this way there not going to make it.
Good Teamwork
quality control (Current Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYJanuary 25, 2016
Toyo Seat provides a great display of team work daily. This makes the work day better for everyone. I enjoy everything about this job!
pushed to limits that were extreme
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pelham, TNAugust 3, 2015
second shift was focused on Quality first and day shift was focused on production more. Hard to change shifts at this job
Pros
three day weekend
Cons
if you are not related to someone working there you have to proove yourself everyday
Fun place to work
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pelham, TNApril 27, 2015
Toyo Seat was a new production facility which produced seat frames for various passenger mini vans. As a team we all worked to make the new facility a profitable, stable company.
Decent place to have worked, but an unfortunate error cost me my job.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelham, TNMarch 27, 2015
I learned how to run the machine I operated. I learned how to ensure that the parts I assembled were not flawed. My co-workers were professional and respectful towards me. However, the management could be improvised.
Not very productive and lack of management.
Manual Labor (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIOctober 21, 2014
I worked at Toyo for over a year and within that timeframe the enjoyment I received from working there gradually decreased. My co-workers and supervisors were all great to be around but they lacked the motivation to get the job done and done well. There was limited management oversight and any time that an issue was addressed there was nothing done to settle it. It is an easy place to get into, as all you have to do is fill out an application with Reliable Staffing and pay for a drug test; but the issue with that lies with the type of workers that are hired through the staffing agency. In my time there, I was witness to at least 40+ people walking out within their first 2 days, and that was just in my department. The supervisors in my department were courteous and did everything that they could to help if there was an issue. There are a few key issues that need to be fixed with this place and if they were, it would be a great place to work.
Just Another Job
Production Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIFebruary 25, 2014
The workers are not treated the way they should be, there is no respect. The building is not maintained and workers are often made to work with pathogens throughout the shop. No one is paid enough to deal with everything they have to deal with.