Toyota Tsusho America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sequence Trainer Asst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 20, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at Toyota. It is a calm, friendly work environment, however it is fast-paced as well. It is a growing company so there should be more opportunities for advancement in the future.
productive and fun work place
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
in my point of view a typical day at work 5 day on week and also i will learn many things according to my profession then the management is so good and also the work place culture is nice there is good relation with co worker the hardest part of the job is it give you high passion to work that means you will work over time without pay and the most enjoyable part is you are going to be passionate confident and ador
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
Laided back
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 14, 2018
Good place to work. Free clinic for health care. Has 401k. Has vacation time, personal time, floating holiday. Overtime is ok. Easy work but can sometimes be overwhelming because we are short staffed sometimes but we get though it. Staff is helpful and nice.
Pros
Free clinic/ 401k
fast paced
Fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 14, 2018
fast paced company that was high on quality checks and accountability of the job completed by initialing the work you did before processing it to the next step of the shipping process.
Its a ok place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 7, 2018
It a okay place to work most Pepeole easy to work with theyou didnt spend enough to time training pepole or try to understand them they had a place to sit down and talk
Pros
Nice ppl
Cons
Bad mangment
Productive & fast paced while still being non stressful.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 5, 2018
A well managed and little stress filled workplace. You are expected to do you job and to do it well. When help is needed, it would be given if necessary. Overall a good place to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benefits
Terrible company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 5, 2018
What a terrible place to work for... Management is absolutely horrible and inexperienced. No communication, insane amounts of work expected for terrible pay. No training what so ever. A sweet lady that I worked beside is on anti depressants and talks about how much she hates her job daily. The turnover rate here is unbelievable.
Pros
Free food sometimes.
Cons
Everything else
Enjoy your breaks and play video games.
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 25, 2018
* Very fast pace area.

* How to fix Machines, how to insert tires onto Tesla wheels, how to Balance Tires, and physically taking down hundreds of tires down from trucks.
Pros
Good BBQ almost once a month
Cons
Working none stop
Quality Control
Quality Control Coordinator Product (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMarch 26, 2018
Management is combative, company culture is hostile toward any kind of innovative ideas. No employee engagement. Pay is in the bottom 10% for the field of quality control. They justify this by offering mediocre benefits.
Pros
Decent work life balance.
Cons
Management, pay, benefits.
Prodution
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMarch 14, 2018
Very stressful. Overall no help from Management with everyday things. Pay is poor compared to the work required. Company keeps taking Benefits away. Good old boy system , No Team work. Worked 12 hr. days , long days. hardest part of job was having to work with power hungry supervisors. best part was the friendships of coworkers.
Fun.
Training Developer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMarch 8, 2018
Working with this organization for a project. I work with their HR department only, not sure about the other aspects of the organization. Very interesting.
Management disconnect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 5, 2018
You job totally depends on the manager that comes from Japan every 4 years. Place is made for expat employees, if you are local hire your career is very limited.
Kind of stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLNovember 26, 2017
Very heavy work environment but the company has really good benefits, including very cheap medical, vision and dental insurance. Very smart people working in the office.
productivle place
Produccion Team leader (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 2, 2017
A typical day at work was all ways the problem with people missing
work days I learned that we have to work as a team because if one fails all the team fails we need to be focuses in the areas that we are responsible for it .
Management don't took the next step to fix problems before was to late. work place culture we all get along well
hardest part when we make mistakes
when all people show up and we finish our jobs at timely manner
Pros
free lunches when we work in saturdays
Cons
no room to grow up
working
Reach Truck Operator/ Picker (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 26, 2017
fun environment. All you need is to be focused. it can be hard if you like to chat with people because the jobs require you to be focused to meet personal goals.
Pros
diverse
Cons
it can be hot.
A lot of drama
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 26, 2017
There was not enough pay. No advancement for up to 3 years. Management didn't do anything about the employees starting drama. Very childish environment.
Pros
Sometimes they buy us food
Cons
Drama, lack of advancement, no raises, childish environment.
Good benefits
Forklift Operator/Team leader/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Walesboro, INAugust 21, 2017
I really liked working here but they didn't pay you much when I worked through the the company. But that could of changed by now. But that's what I didn't like. But had really good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Production scheduling
Production Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 4, 2017
You will work 24/7, 7 days a week so be prepared to check your phone all day every day till at least 11 pm every night. Very stressful and pay is not worth the work load. There is never work/home life balance. Your management is very crooked and they do NOT have a backbone or stand up for their employees. Sales is the golden children and always right! Make sure you NEVER delete emails to CYA! There are very few that you can trust and everyone seems to always be out for eachother there.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay, management, no work/home balance
Ok place to work
Receiving and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 26, 2017
Great people to work for management is awesome...treated people the same liked that...always included temps as apart of their company and events they had
It's okay to work here
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INJune 17, 2017
Would be a better place to work if management could work together better. Need better HR people. Need more competitive wages. Could keep employees if the mentioned items would change.