Toyota Employee Reviews

Found 2,951 reviews matching the search See all 5,931 reviews
Productive & Helps to improve work standards
Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 17, 2018
I worked in a Toyota distributorship in Kuwait, Al Sayer Group holding. Where our company strictly follows Toyota Standards through Kaizen activities.
Pros
Toyota Standards
It was an okay job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Walesboro, INNovember 16, 2018
I was a temporary when I worked there but it was a steady paced job working on the assembly line. It had a great cafeteria at affordable prices. However some jobs were pretty dirty and greasy.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Dirty and hard work
Was great under Norton then new ownership ruined it.
Sales and Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 14, 2018
At one point and time this was the place to work . However new ownership came in and took over and did not adhere to the original core values that it was founded on.
fun place to work
Toyota (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working there, great environment, good people, great bosses. Easy job tasks in front of you. Not so strict but you have to be a very hard worker.
the best training in the world
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2018
World class training, mentors and opportunity. No company is perfect, but they actually strive for it. If you work there you will be well trained and learn transferable skills that will last a Lifetime!
Pros
training
Cons
politics
horrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 13, 2018
do not work here. management will treat you horrible and try to look for ways to fire you to bring in new employees to pay less to do the same job. pay is not worth the amount of work
Great Company
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 13, 2018
Good group of people always pushing for improvement. Plenty of opportunity for growth within your career and a lot of fun trips and bonuses to keep you motivated.
Personal experience
Service Technician apprentice (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2018
I worked as a Technician Apprentice for a beach of Toyota. I was treated good at the start, but I was being used by all the employees, below and above, treated like I was just an extra hand, but was told i was the most hard working kid they had. I was cleaning shop, washing and detailing car, helping the sales side, and we had Mazda next door so I had to help Mazda sales, service and the office people. Hardly got any experience doing the job I was hired for, I was teaching my self most of the time and they terminated me after putting me on disability a week before cause I got into a car accident and they didnt have light duty. I only had a job there from April to September.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Management, work environment, job security, favoritism
A good place to work
Auto Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 12, 2018
I worked there for 20 years and it was a good place to work. I worked various jobs over the years and provided for the family at the time. I was on night shift for 15 years, but enjoyed my time on day shift.
6th layer of dantes inferno
Automotive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toyota clevelandNovember 12, 2018
I don't see car sales as the way to go unless you have some support, spouse family etc. After the first 18 months I felt that I was sold a bad job by a bunch af ok salesmen.
Great place to learn
Logstics Mnager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 12, 2018
working as an LP for Toyota can be stressful but 1 year with them and you can see why they are the best in the business. you will be pushed but always have the support you need
Great place to work, great benefits
CUSTOMER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 8, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits. Lots of opportunity if motivated. Must agree to work in Texas. Customers have very high expectations. Ability to lease vehicles through employer.
Tos
Finance Document Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2018
I gained a lot of great experience and made life long connections but it is not a place i'd like to work as an adult . If you don't have much family or a social life its a great place.
hard to say
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 8, 2018
This company took advantage of me.

I was paid piece pay, so I was only paid when I completed a task. I was always pulled away from doing what I was suppose to do, what I was paid to do, I ended up working most weeks about 55 hours minimally otherwise my paycheck was to small.

I tried bringing up my concerns to the C.F.O, and C.O.O., and they would not help me

So when I tried to stand up for myself and tell the other managers that I was not going to keep doing these extra things, it would get into legit yelling arguments and threats of firing me.

If you want to work for this company, keep caution of the sales managers.
Productive and fun workplace with a positive vibe
Lexus District Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 8, 2018
A typical day at Toyota would be your 8:30-5:00, full of busy work, but also great new challenges put forth by your managers.

Management is extremely positive and understanding of how different people learn and develop.

Workplace culture is positive and very intuitive, I always felt included and valued while working there.

The hardest part of the job would be the responsibility and work load you are expected to deal with. But that is also one of the best parts of the job. You are tasked with some things that are above your pay grade in order to show your managers what you are made of. Which is why I would say that is also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches, company culture, management
Cons
Compensation
Career advancing plant
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 7, 2018
Great place to work with very good pay. Fast pace work, available for all ages. I worked with people just starting at the age of 55. It can be strenuous at times.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Some Saturdays and Sundays mandatory
It was fun place to work, as long as you have good sales
Car salesman (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working there, we learned a lot about Toyota products, had a lot of fun, sold a lot of vehicles. Management made you set your monthly quotas at the first of the month. We met as a sales group every Friday morning to discuss how many units we had for the week. This would always get loud and ugly against the sales people who were behind or not working very hard. I almost always had good numbers but I had to set in the meeting and listen to our boss belittle people in front of all sales people instead of doing some one on one with the slower sales people. I discussed this with him several times because it really had a negative effect on morale but he did not care and told me to not let it bother me, but that is the way he has always run his sales team. I really enjoyed selling vehicles, it was fun and I learned a lot.
Pros
Free soft drinks, doughnuts, cook outs
Cons
Those really negative Friday morning meetings
Good job overall, but stressful and unfair at times
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 6, 2018
Toyota is an overall good place to work, but can be very stressful. I spent more time at work than I did with my family which caused me a lot of issues. I didn't feel like we were done fairly as far as our medical coverage. I also didn't agree with a lot of policies. My main issue was the fact that they were not understanding in a lot of ways. I wont go into too much detail, but I will say that the pay was great, but there is a lot of room from improvement there. It starts with management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Policies
Do not consider toyota of elizabeth city
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCNovember 5, 2018
Very unethical, you will regret it!!! Constant management changes, questionable practices, terrible schedules, no management support. Consider any other store in the us before applying at toyota of elizabeth city
Decent pay, good benefits but favoritism is everywhere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 4, 2018
I did not mind the job, its monotonous but its an assembly line soooo....The main problem I had was it didn't matter how hard you worked or how good your quality was it mattered who's butt you kissed or who you knew. If your a woman, the prettier you are the better off your going to be. I wanted to just come in, keep my head down, do as good of a job as possible, and leave but your not ever going to receive a promotion if thats what you do. I put in for a promotion several times but was told I really needed to stop my group leader and A.M. more often and say overly nice things them in order to get the promotion. Id like to point out that I was always respectful towards them and said hello whenever they would speak to me
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight