Toyota

Found 1,255 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,348 reviews

Toyota insights

Based on 1,331 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

The company did its best to promote a positive environment for its associates.

Toyota was a great way to get a jump start on life. The company is positive and wants its associates to succeed. I was happy while working alongside other tottota employees.

Are you looking for a career that is both physically and mentally demanding, requires you to master multiple skills, and work as part of a close-knit team?Production Team Members are integral to every process, building in quality at every step of the manufacturing process. Standing, lifting, bending, and reaching are part of many tasks. You must also strictly adhere to standardized processes and procedures to ensure the safety of your teammates, the quality of your work, and the timing of production. Production positions require you to work either first or second shift. Daily and weekend overtime vary based on business needs. High demands come with high rewards, including competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for promotion to Team Leader, Group Leader, Assistant Manager and beyond.

It's an okay job so start with service.

Management will be nice at first, but you'll see that they are not organized. Management does micromanage a lot and will expect you to do whatever they ask you without giving you a raise or even show any appreciation. The coworkers made it less stressful.

Productive and fun workplace

I learned a lot but there wasn't a lot of movement for my position. My manager let me do my own thing but there wasn't a lot of direction. Seemed like you had to know people to move up.

Don’t Work Here

I would never recommend anyone to work here. They never say what there expectations are of you. Terrible training if you are not a self training kinda person you have no chance. Cashier office is like a soap opera no one gets along. Parts manager acts like your best friend until you go into the HR office and they can you only after being there three weeks and not say a word.

Pros

Cons

Horrible training and work atmosphere

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Can’t have a life and work balancr

Keep away if you can, i was a CRM & i got the worst treatment of all, you work long hours for low pay, drama seeks everywhere you go, full of drama queens.

Pros

Cool employees

Cons

No breaks, long hours, no life/work balance, get fired for being a minute late

Good pay

Toyota is a good place to work, good pay and benefits. Takes too long for temps to get hired in as permanent though, 3-5 years depending on area. Not a bad place to work.

Excellent long term benefits, and outstanding pay!

One of the best companies on earth! The work is tough, but the reward is magnificent. I had some of the greatest work experiences of my life because of the people and our commitment to each other on a professional level. We considered each person down the line to be our customer, and we treated each other accordingly, which benefited each of us, as well as the customers who purchased the cars we built every day. I have life-long friends from my 25 years at this company, who are as dear to me as my own family. If I were to come out of retirement, it would be to go back and work at this company again.

Pros

Great benefits, raises yearly, time off

Cons

Tough jobs, early start time, long days

Great people and culture

Overall a great place for sales not much room for advancement in other departments . Great Christmas parties and fun co workers . The job itself is stressful

Cons

Low pay

Very structured systems in place to make quality products, loved working there!

Respect is part of one of the pillars of Toyota, and it shows by the pay, benefits and growth potential. Was the “Best” job and place I’ve ever worked! Would highly recommend to anyone seeking a respectful environment, great pay and benefits! Totally Awesome Company from top down!

Jobs at Toyota

See more jobs

Good place Overall

Good place to start and have a career. Not the best place if you work for money. In Puerto Rico that depends on the company you work for. Toyota de Puerto Rico and the dealerships are not part of Toyota Motors North America.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

No benefits

Good place to coast, not grow

Great benefits and compensation lead to golden handcuffs. Toyota has the cash, but not the drive. Resting too much on their laurels, they expect team members to be thankful for the opportunity to work at Toyota rather than the other way around. Management is distant the higher up you go. If you are looking for a place that you can coast and have a solid retirement account, Toyota is for you. If you seek to be mental stimulated, make sure you ask how this will happen in your interview.

Pros

Great campus, Great work from home flexibility, solid company reputation

Cons

distant management and executive leadership

productive place to work

best place to start a career in the car business. pay is good. management will help you in every step of the way in order to become successful. benefits are good.

Pros

free lunch good pay

Cons

nothing

Focused and consistent

It was a great work place for me. My job as a parts Inspector was easy enough. Your constantly working and focused. I went through a temp service for $12/Hr. But plenty of O.T. and mandatory O.T. on every other weekend. 2, 15 min. Breaks and 45 min. Lunch. Weekly pay. Strict and fair work environment.

Pros

Weekly pay, Fair work place.

Cons

Little advancement

no diifferent than any other factory.

just like any factory. the work is ok but could be way better. you got your complainers. and you got those who are entitled. hardest part of the job is going into work. most enjoyable part is going home.

Pros

2 bonuses a year

Cons

8 year scale to top pay. raises are pro rated to your pay scale.

Its good

It's a good company to work for. Life and work balance can be hard sometimes. You have the opportunity to move up if you'd like or stay a team member.

Good Hard workers, poor management

Worked here for two years and gained lots of friends with all the hard working people at the bottom of the pyramid. Management is poor and view everyone as replaceable. I only received a raise after a year and a half after threatening to quit when there were no other workers left. No A/C in the shop even on 100 degree days.

Pros

Free Lift Usage, firm schedule

Cons

Poor Management, voice is not heard

management is terrible

i work at the highest grossing dealership in middle tennessee. i was promised a raise at 3 months, it’s been 6 and i haven’t heard anything back from anyone.

Pros

fun coworkers

Cons

terrible healthcare. don’t value your time or skills

Good start for new techs

Pretty easy brand, good to start out on. But really long hours, 6 days a week, and raises are rare. But the people are absolutely top notch coworkers. Good writers and parts associate's too. As well as a strong customer base.

Pros

Free lunch on saturdays, really good coworkers.

Cons

Long hours and 6 days manditory.

Over all it’s a good place to work.

The work is challenging, and it’s repetitive.. Benefits are good.. every area is different though.. I’ve worked at Toyota for 15 years now.. I plan on staying here until I retire.

Pros

The pay is very good once you top out.

Cons

The work can be very demanding when it comes to OT!

productive and fun place to work

toyota is a great company to work for. I was at a dealership in California and the work to life balance was very manageable. The people I worked with were great as well

Pros

got good lunch breaks

Cons

My boss wasn't the nicest guy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6K
2.4K
1.4K

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

82%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss