Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 11,649 reviews matching the search See all 13,175 reviews
Fun but pay wasn't that good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 17, 2019
It was okay, It a good job for young people, high schoolers. The pay was okay, could have been better. Management was nice but it varies by location. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cheerful atmosphere.
Typical Retail Job
Department Head (World Lead) (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 16, 2019
Typical retail position. Company is no longer in business (at least in the United States). however, rumors of rebranding have been circulating, and unknown if it will have the same culture/management style/etc as the original company.
Great
Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJJune 16, 2019
Great company. Great workplace, nice atmosphere , I learned a lot and was upgraded to clerical very quickly. If your motivated to work they’ll move you up.
Closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 16, 2019
They cared about their employees and customers. They worked with my schedule once I got a full time job. I was reall sad when they closed. It was a great company to work for.
Best job i ever had
Off Hours Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 16, 2019
It was a great culture for employees and the greatest job i ever had. felt like a family and got to play with toys and help make kids days. I doubt i will ever find another job like it, but i continue to look.
Company was fun to work for. Lots of room for Advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka,MNJune 16, 2019
Company was fun to work for. Lots of room for Advancement. Faat past never dull customer service driven work experience. Upper management was a lot to deal with
It was like a family
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 15, 2019
I had a great work experiment at TOYs R US till the end when corporate filled bankrupts and closed all stories. The staff and management was great I really enjoyed my time there.
toys r us
DHL (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 15, 2019
it was always a good day at work I never learn nothing there cause I already knew how do it it was no hard part of the job I love the job n if I could go back I would .... my boss was a very nice person n so was the people there too
It was a great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 15, 2019
I enjoyed working with the people there. It was a great place to work. They gave me plenty of hours I had asked for. It was great helping costumers out, I love helping people. I was sad when they closed down.
Pros
Friendly people, hours was good
Cons
No benefits
Loved seeing the children with their toys they bought
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 15, 2019
Assisting and then processing the purchases of the customers. Then helping to restock the shelves with the merchandise. The hard part was not getting enough hours to make it work financially.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2019
Was a fun place to work but depended on managers who moved frequently. Many assistant managers were not as flexible and made work difficult at times Sale of the company changed the course of things and led to closing of the stores
Fun, but demanding
Guest Services Representative, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time a lot at Toys R Us, it was a fun job that helped me feel better by bringing joy to people of all ages. It was a job that did require you to be doing something or helping someone at all times.
Good temp job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 15, 2019
Flex hours
Good pay
Good hours
Friendly people to work with, great managers, good working environment, but now it is out of business. So you cant work there.
Gone for a reason.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2019
Aside from the great people i met while working there, the company was unwilling to change with the time, never followed its mission statement or goals and the management was absolutely atrocious.
Great company
Global Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 14, 2019
The company was great to intern for and it is unfortunate that they went bankrupt. I really enjoyed my time at the company and would suggest anyone to apply if they reopen.
Flexability was outstanding. Fast Paced
STAFFING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2019
Learned how to get things done in a fast manner. The culture was amazing it was a great united work place. Management was very helpful and considerate amongst staff and customers.
Wouldn't return even if they returned and asked me too
SALES ASSOCIATE/FLOOR REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2019
It was not a fun experience, I worked all around the store and did more than even my job description and yet I wasn't worth it to them because I didn't sell a credit card. Really shows now that they have gone under which is unfortunate but at least they can not overwork anyone else and pay them less then they are worth.
regular job
Toys R Us (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 13, 2019
definitely worked hard bring out toys from the back inventory for customers or to restock shelves, best part was interacting with the customers, the employees were cool too
fun but inconsistant
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 13, 2019
I love working with all the toys and straightening up the isles. Helping clueless grandparents, aunts and uncles find the perfect toy for a loved one. The problem was that more often then not it was so slow i never even logged on to a register, and then days i never left the customer service desk.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
inconsistant
Great work place
Inventory Specialists (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 13, 2019
Store 8851 was like family it sad it had to end. The bankruptcy put a lot of good people out of work. To compare it to any other job is pointless nothing will ever be like my Toys family and job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K
44K
33.1K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight