Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

33K
Found 10,457 reviews matching the search See all 12,440 reviews
Not a fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 21, 2018
The manager would not listen to me when I explained my availability and tried to force me to work hours I could not. They were very rude and on days I was sick they would tell me to come in anyways.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
the manager was rude
very busy work place
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2018
only fun about working here are the co-workers. They over work you and don't care about your life outside of toysrus. pay not good for he about of work put in
Busy place to work
Sales & Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 21, 2018
Managed overnight shift of employees who stocked the shelves. Corrected the entire warehouse inventory count to properly assist customers with any product stock inquiries. Helped achieved best quarterly loss prevention in the Northeast for the store.
Fun place to work
Stock (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98125July 21, 2018
Great location and nice place to work. Nice place to learn about all the different types of toys, puzzles, games, etc... Management there was easy to work with .
Fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2018
Fun and easy job, cool managers and staff, decent pay for an overnight stocker, working at night you didn't have to worry about any customers and we were allowed to listen to headphones while getting our work done. Only con is you were not allowed to leave the building for lunch.
Cons
Short breaks, could not leave premises for lunch
Fun Enviroment.
SALES TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
Fun enviroment.Worked with really fun people. Great co workers and management. Came into a very clean store. Customers were great. Its sad to see it go!
good company to have worked for
Department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHJuly 21, 2018
Very good company to work for. Was employed for 21 years, only reason that I am unemployed it due to the company filing bankruptcy.
Customer service was the number one priority.
It was all right
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 21, 2018
Everyone was nice and it was fun working in a toy store. I only had a seasoned job but I bought on really quickly and was able to help other people when they needed it.
review
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
it was a good working day. worked hard and lifted at work helped customers and helped back of house. TOy r us had its up and downs but it was fun……...
No longer in business
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
While it was a good learning experience a lot of customer service experience and working with toys was fun to bad they are no longer in business it was a good job
Amazing co workers, management, proud to belong, close to home
Registry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines Fl. 33026July 20, 2018
Babies R Us was an amazing to work , people and customer where great, freedom to create interesting event for parents, awesome relationship between the babies r us family...I really enjoy and treasure my time with them, if there was no bankruptcy I will still there, as a matter of fact I worked with them to the end
Pros
everything
Cons
bankruptcy
Productive, fun, and easy place to work. All employees and management were very helpfull
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90701July 20, 2018
It was a nice and chill place to work. I received help from management when I needed it, and other employees were very easy to work with. I learned how to be a cashier, work with coupons, difficult customers, and a computerized checkout system.
This company is now closed.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAJuly 20, 2018
When I worked for Toys R Us I went through 5 managers. One of the problems about working there was managers could be transferred within days and without warning. I had some awesome managers and I had some very poor managers, especially my last one.
Pros
The customers and my co-workers.
Cons
Working whatever shift you were scheduled and they changed daily.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 20, 2018
Assist guest locate items they are looking to purchase, if not available in store, see if available on line and place order.
Assist other employees with guest questions or register issues.
Assist guest to their vehicle with large purchases.
I learnt how to use available resources, listening skills needed for guest and employee issues.
Management was approachable and available if needed.
The workplace culture was what you made it. It could be a fun place to work or it could be not so fun depending on your attitude.
The hardest part of the job was going through the liquidation sale.
I hope I never have that experience again.
The most enjoyable part of my job duties was taking care of the cash office. The most enjoyable part of working at Toys R Us was when you could make a guest feel extra special and make their day by finding that special toy!
Pros
Benefits for full time employees
Cons
Late night hours when there's not enough customer flow
Toys r us
Cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 20, 2018
I loved my job hated management . They make you do too much for too little pay. The toys were fun the kids were fun. But all in all wasn't worth my time.
Pros
Toys kids
Cons
Money management
Very productive, as well as being a fun environment
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 20, 2018
I would stock items in the back, and also stock online orders. Helped with cashier work if needed, if customers needed help with questions about merchandise I would give them information on different items we have in the store. Also made sale labels for the store. Management was great, all employees worked together as a team.
Pros
Leadership the teamwork
Cons
Short breaks and angry customers
I love the retail industry!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2018
Productive fun, friendly work place! Learned so much about companies policies, learned management skills and advanced in the retail industry. Operated register. Stocked merchandise. Helped customers in selecting items for their personal needs.
Pros
Learning as much as I could
Cons
No health insurance
Toys R Us
Cashier/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Fast paced day with "adventures" everyday. Always something new to learn. Interaction with customers and associates. Learning the ropes on managing a store and writing schedule/payroll. Handling the cash office with daily deposits/ weekly. Preventing loss and handling theft. Favorite part of job was the Christmas chaos and the feel in the air.
Pros
busy envirement and new challenges
Cons
went out of business
Love working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 20, 2018
Excellent group of people awesome scheduling and good management I will miss that company so much.....................................................
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No open anymore
It was a fascinating place to work where you could feel comfortable to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 20, 2018
Since Toys R U was my first job I'am really great full for the management staff and my co- workers by giving me a good experience in learning many different skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss