Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

great place to work
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 18, 2017
great place to work. lots of advancement, good pay, hard work, friendly coworkers, challenging, flexible hours, always willing to teach and learn new tasks
Productive, enthusiastic, energetic, face paced
Cashier* Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
My experience at toysrus was very educational, I learned many technique on dealing with many type of people and their needs. I started as a cashier and moved on to the customer service desk, which its a complete different atmosphere because your dealing with a few more difficult customers than usual, but being on behind that cashier I learned patience, control and posture. i enjoyed working their because it was a wee team based environment and the managers and co workers all worked on the same page to help each other succeed on daily task. I also liked the fact that everyday we would learn new products and sale ethics.
Pros
good team ethics
Cons
Not very organized
Furniture Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJNovember 17, 2017
Dispatching orders through inventory system, assisting with loading purchase orders to the guest vehicle, upselling all specials and promotions. help answer questions about bedding.
Stock Worker (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYNovember 17, 2017
Honestly its a fun environment but the stock experience is hard compared to other stock opportunities ive had, the hours seem to be too early and management isnt the best
Pros
Stock experience
Cons
hours
Good people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 17, 2017
Toys R Us is a very good company to work for. Everyone will help you to get everything done. The management is very knowledgeable
and will praise you for some thing you have done or accomplishment.
Pros
Its a night position, easy location to find
Cons
short breakes, not enough hours given
I recommend working at Toys R Us
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 17, 2017
I recommend working at Toys R Us. It is a fun enforcement and the management team is very supportive. The hours are very fixable and the location is perfect.
Toys R Us Kid
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJNovember 17, 2017
Toys is a fast paced environment. We do a good job planning but our execution leaves a lot of to be desired. The culture doesn't prompt development and promotion from within.
Productive and reasonable place to work.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDNovember 17, 2017
I retrieve merchandise in Pick-up area for customers. I learned that Customers develop an appreciation when they revisit the store. Most Managers have always been helpful and respectful. The Workplace Culture was relatively diversed. The hardest part of the job was when all of the customers want their Merchandise at the same time I am assembling a bike or other merchandise. The most enjoyable part is when Customers are happy, work is done and Managers are satisfied.
Pros
Employees award and appreciation
Cons
When other Co-workers don't come in to work and no one 's assigned to their jobs.
Fun Place
Front End Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 17, 2017
The staff is pretty friendly and helpful. The location is convenient and is a good place to kill time. Always have a great selection of toys and games.
harsh environment with harsh people
Picker (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CANovember 16, 2017
toysRus wearhouse in riato has a bad choice of peopoe to hire, they can be perverted creepy harsh lack of kindness and respect, managers and vice managers mainly do not care about people but mainly work yo more to where your drained fr the rest of the day. i recommend a diferent job due to the peope that ive met working there at the time.
Pros
sometimes you meet nice people
Cons
everyone mainly forces work on you

Want to know more about Toys 'R' Us?

Ask a question
I was a seasonal employee
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MINovember 15, 2017
My husband was admitted to ICU, I couldn't return to my seasonal job. I can't fairly rate this company, I wasn't there long enough. I felt the merchandise wasn't competitive enough with places like Walmart.
Vary productiv fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2017
It was a fun seasonal job it was during the holidays so it was vary busy but it was always vary positive. The store manager was really great I would love to work with him again.
Great place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJNovember 15, 2017
Toys "R" Us was a great place to work at but seasonal time was crazy. The staff were great whenever I needed help. They would answer my questions nicely whenever I asked.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 15, 2017
This is a great place to work. Unfortunately, past years of mismanagement have put current management in a situation of tough choices. A lot needs to be fixed, particularly online, to keep up with other retailers and to survive the recent bankruptcy filing. I hope they do, I am a Toys "R" Us kid always!!
Pros
Good comp, transparent management and top down communication
Cons
benefits are lacking
great
customer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 15, 2017
great place to work for any age. Enjoy a friendly staff and helping the customers that love to shop for themselves or children. great for holiday spirits.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2017
I really enjoy my job at toy r us. Its a great place to work. I like working with all the kids that come into the store and get to pick out a new toy with their birthday money and pay with their gift cards that they received for their birthday. It is a very fun job and I work there on Saturdays because I have a full time job during the week.

The managers are wonderful at the Robinson Toys r Us store.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Working holidays
exciting place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 14, 2017
worked a lot of hours, learned that it takes a lot of technology, employees were friendly, too many places for mistakes, lots of activity made for a lot of variety.
Pros
Big company, all employees were friendly and helpful
Cons
fast paced, stressful, process lacked consistency
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CANovember 14, 2017
I love my coworkers and the all store. They are very supportive and we are like one big family and I think that's the key to making the store really stand out.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 14, 2017
Fun atmosphere.
Flexibility with work schedule.
Offers Work, Life, Balance most of the year. Christmas is a crazy, hectic time of the year and you work a lot.
fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90039November 14, 2017
Fun place to work and the co-workers are easy to work with. Management is nice and helpful. Hoping to get more hours in the week. The shifts are long but it flows smoothly.
Pros
Long shifts
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.