Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 11,350 reviews matching the search See all 12,701 reviews
Customer service
Toys R Us, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 9, 2018
I really liked working there and meeting new people. There people that I worked for are really nice. Especially my bosses. I also enjoyed looking at all the new toys that they had out for Christmas that you.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No cons
So not worth it
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713December 8, 2018
Management was AWFUL! Treated you like trash and didn't care. Pay was not worth staying there. Coworkers were nice and made some friends there but store manager had no idea how to run the store. Was always flustered and stressed.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Poor management
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNDecember 8, 2018
its the easiest job you can have and plenty overtime its always fun when working with a good team of people that is all about their customers needs I wouldn't pick a better place to work
Productive and Upbeat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 8, 2018
The workplace was always upbeat and faced paced. I loved the team members I worked with, and everyone was a team player. I always learned something new, and I got many freedoms.
It was a fun/ productive work place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 8, 2018
I loved TRU, working there was never difficult. The coworkers were fun & amazing to work with. The store was clean and well organized. Overall a great job to work at, I would definitely recommend a friend.
Interesting environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 8, 2018
Overall, the company was a decent place to work. In my various roles, I had exposure to virtually every part of the business. The learning I took away from my interactions with the various facets of the organization allowed me to grow and continually improve both mine and my team's functionality within the organization.

The hardest part of the job was the unbalanced workloads. The most enjoyable was the variety of personalities and business functions I interacted with.
Pros
Attractive corporate campus and diverse interactions
Cons
Unbalanced workloads
Nice atmoesphere, leadership was unsatisfactory
FURNITURE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 7, 2018
Environment was quite busy, with an eclectic mix of customers. Management was absent often. Associates did their best to cope, even with the lack of direction.
fun place to ork
Customer Service/ stock (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 7, 2018
meet & great new customers fun to see new items I enjoyed watching the kids face looking at new toys, I did not get to work here long enough to give a real evaution
Company is closed
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 6, 2018
Company is no longer operating. Obviously this is a waste of time since the company is no longer in operation. But, i need to type 150 characters to be able to complete this.
i enjoy everything about my job. Helping people & fix prombles was my job a & i did it well. Ordering items & returns was my daily job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 6, 2018
management were very helpful always willing to teach you. learn a lot. love helping people get what they wanted. good place to work for.Christmas hard
Pros
fun to work for them
Cons
smetime durning christmas breaks were short
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate, BOH (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 5, 2018
I love my experience of being apart or the team. Every moment was exciting and time fufilling. From the co-workers to the customers. I always stayed busy.
The managers didnt seem to care about their jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 5, 2018
I liked the coworkers but it didn't seem like some of the manager's cared about their job. Really didn't learn too much there either. I loved the products but the people not so much
Pros
Co workers were cool
Cons
Its closed now so theres that
It was a great place to work
Merchandise Allocator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 5, 2018
had the opportunity to grow within the company. Learned many new roles Great culture. Learning new systems. it was a great company to work for. sad it went bankrupt
n/a
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 4, 2018
A typical warehouse... working there was ok but they lack hours and if you're new they treat you with no respect. they pay is good and but the cafeteria is crowded and could use more cleaning.
Great Place, Terrible Management
Team Member & Pricing and Signing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 4, 2018
A typical workday was relaxed, and when tasks were simple. Customers were always interesting and great to help. Management was terrible due to the the Store Manager's inability to properly manage their managers, and they would ignore complaints. Hardest part of the job was the fluctuating schedule. Most enjoyable was the coworkers, they were the best part of the job.
Pros
Staff was Great, and Great Customers
Cons
Management was grossly chosen and skill sets were not assessed
fun place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LADecember 4, 2018
i stocked help custmor find what they need i got to test out all the new toys my coworker was all helpful manager was nice it was a very fun place to work and grow
i have no complaints abut working there
Receiving Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 4, 2018
typical day of work was unloading the trucks seperating the products for particular parts of the store then moving them there an stocking the shelves properly. You Would then have to break down the boxes and throw them away to keep the isles clear before the doors opened in the morning. Overall enjoyed the job until they closed down the stores.
Fun but stressful at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 4, 2018
Depending on who you're working with your shift could go smoothly and quick or dreadful. The management was a bit snappy but always tried to get us out of there by closing time.
Great Experience.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach CADecember 3, 2018
Overall good company to work for if your in management you are guarenteed hours. Benefits were okay. there was room for advancement if you applied yourself.
Fun working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2018
Great working environment, fun to the customers but not only the customers the coworkers as well, very helpful environment was always able to help any customer out with their needs.
Pros
Paid 30 mins breaks
Cons
Rude customers at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K
43.8K
33.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss