Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 11,661 reviews matching the search See all 13,189 reviews
Not much to say about it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2019
There is not much to say about Toys r us, because it is no longer open. I am pretty sure the business has shut down and no longer operating. While I was there it was not fun.
Good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 19, 2019
I enjoyed everything about this job working in the warehouse to upfront cashiering helping customers making sales day and night hard work and dedication
Great place
Picker, stocker, truck unload, cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2019
The best place I've ever worked. To bad it had to come to an end because of slow hours. Honestly I could still see myself working there but they're closed now. None the less I really enjoyed this place of work especially coming right out of highschool.
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 19, 2019
I learned how to be a cashier and provide excellent customer service. I also handled returns and exchanges. Was taught how to do some managerial tasks such as voids, price changes and pulls.
Fun workplace but would get stressful at times
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2019
I was Customer Service, so I dealt with a lot of unsatisfied customers and I always handled myself professionally and with the mindset the customer is always right. My favorite part was seeing all the happy kids, my least favorite part was dealing with all the upset parents. It was a fun and happy environment. The holidays were the worst, so fast paced, and packed with people, huge lines and angry people but always performed the best and fastest I could and always tried to make my customers leave with a smile and wanting to come back.
Pros
Discounts for my son
Cons
Not good pay
It's a great place to work
Sales Associate/Casher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2019
I will really miss working here, I loved going to work here. At one point I honestly never believed i would work in retail again but working here made we want to try this field again.
.a good place for people with vision to see opportunities in creating efficincies.
Distribution Center Department Head (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 18, 2019
Potential for maximizing efficiency through a better relationship with everyone on the team. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt and sadly many people lost their jobs and all the benefits that came with it.
Pros
Exciting fast pace
Cons
Pay increases were gradual and insufficient
Excellent place.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 18, 2019
So sad that they are gone. Great company. They had excellent hours and benefits. Took good care of their employees. Stable work and benefits. Miss this place.
Fun place
Sales Associate in Electronics (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93003June 18, 2019
It was fun until it went bankrupt. Work was easy, not too terribly hard. Fun job you work with toys. Really cared about selling credit cards and reward memberships which sucked.
Great short term job
Seasonal Back of House Operations Team Member (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 18, 2019
Glad I was able to work there for the holidays. It was crazy busy but definitely a lot of fun. I got to learn about all of the new toys coming out for the holidays so I was better prepared that holiday season than any other.
Toys r us is a very kind friendly environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 18, 2019
I enjoyed working at toys r us because I loved seeing the children . Always with bright smiles on their faces .. my favorite part of working at toys r us is when I got to do birthday shout outs to kids . They were always cheerful. My second favorite part about working at toys r us was working in customer service . I catch on really quickly so returning, exchanging, and ordering products was really easy for me as well as. Conducting and completing purchases. Giving store credit and answering phones . It was a delightful experience..
Fast paced and fun environment
Cashier / Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 17, 2019
stock shelves, recycled cardboard boxes, kept the store clean and organized, cashier, helped customers with questions and locating items.
Also everyone was friendly.
Fun but pay wasn't that good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 17, 2019
It was okay, It a good job for young people, high schoolers. The pay was okay, could have been better. Management was nice but it varies by location. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cheerful atmosphere.
Typical Retail Job
Department Head (World Lead) (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 16, 2019
Typical retail position. Company is no longer in business (at least in the United States). however, rumors of rebranding have been circulating, and unknown if it will have the same culture/management style/etc as the original company.
Great
Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJJune 16, 2019
Great company. Great workplace, nice atmosphere , I learned a lot and was upgraded to clerical very quickly. If your motivated to work they’ll move you up.
Closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 16, 2019
They cared about their employees and customers. They worked with my schedule once I got a full time job. I was reall sad when they closed. It was a great company to work for.
Best job i ever had
Off Hours Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 16, 2019
It was a great culture for employees and the greatest job i ever had. felt like a family and got to play with toys and help make kids days. I doubt i will ever find another job like it, but i continue to look.
Company was fun to work for. Lots of room for Advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka,MNJune 16, 2019
Company was fun to work for. Lots of room for Advancement. Faat past never dull customer service driven work experience. Upper management was a lot to deal with
It was like a family
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 15, 2019
I had a great work experiment at TOYs R US till the end when corporate filled bankrupts and closed all stories. The staff and management was great I really enjoyed my time there.
toys r us
DHL (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 15, 2019
it was always a good day at work I never learn nothing there cause I already knew how do it it was no hard part of the job I love the job n if I could go back I would .... my boss was a very nice person n so was the people there too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K
44K
33.1K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight