Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 11,642 reviews matching the search See all 13,169 reviews
It was like a family
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 15, 2019
I had a great work experiment at TOYs R US till the end when corporate filled bankrupts and closed all stories. The staff and management was great I really enjoyed my time there.
It was a great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 15, 2019
I enjoyed working with the people there. It was a great place to work. They gave me plenty of hours I had asked for. It was great helping costumers out, I love helping people. I was sad when they closed down.
Pros
Friendly people, hours was good
Cons
No benefits
Loved seeing the children with their toys they bought
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 15, 2019
Assisting and then processing the purchases of the customers. Then helping to restock the shelves with the merchandise. The hard part was not getting enough hours to make it work financially.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2019
Was a fun place to work but depended on managers who moved frequently. Many assistant managers were not as flexible and made work difficult at times Sale of the company changed the course of things and led to closing of the stores
Fun, but demanding
Guest Services Representative, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time a lot at Toys R Us, it was a fun job that helped me feel better by bringing joy to people of all ages. It was a job that did require you to be doing something or helping someone at all times.
Good temp job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 15, 2019
Flex hours
Good pay
Good hours
Friendly people to work with, great managers, good working environment, but now it is out of business. So you cant work there.
Gone for a reason.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2019
Aside from the great people i met while working there, the company was unwilling to change with the time, never followed its mission statement or goals and the management was absolutely atrocious.
Great company
Global Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 14, 2019
The company was great to intern for and it is unfortunate that they went bankrupt. I really enjoyed my time at the company and would suggest anyone to apply if they reopen.
Flexability was outstanding. Fast Paced
STAFFING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2019
Learned how to get things done in a fast manner. The culture was amazing it was a great united work place. Management was very helpful and considerate amongst staff and customers.
Wouldn't return even if they returned and asked me too
SALES ASSOCIATE/FLOOR REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2019
It was not a fun experience, I worked all around the store and did more than even my job description and yet I wasn't worth it to them because I didn't sell a credit card. Really shows now that they have gone under which is unfortunate but at least they can not overwork anyone else and pay them less then they are worth.
regular job
Toys R Us (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 13, 2019
definitely worked hard bring out toys from the back inventory for customers or to restock shelves, best part was interacting with the customers, the employees were cool too
fun but inconsistant
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 13, 2019
I love working with all the toys and straightening up the isles. Helping clueless grandparents, aunts and uncles find the perfect toy for a loved one. The problem was that more often then not it was so slow i never even logged on to a register, and then days i never left the customer service desk.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
inconsistant
Great work place
Inventory Specialists (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 13, 2019
Store 8851 was like family it sad it had to end. The bankruptcy put a lot of good people out of work. To compare it to any other job is pointless nothing will ever be like my Toys family and job.
Great store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 13, 2019
It was my first job in the USA, I loved it so much, I was trying to be a teacher and had tests to finish, the store manager was so understanding and supportive .
Fun workplace helping parents and children enjoying
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2019
Out of business now but at the the time merchandising unloading trucks and setting sections to planogram very valuable lessons. The workplace culture at the time was positive and focused on our children shoppers and their parents. The hardest part of the job was doing it all in the payroll guidelines given, but I think you find that in every job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children in picking out toys for them,
Pros
Working guest and associates
Cons
Payroll constraints heavy workload
Fun and Enjoyable
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2019
My time though is was short at Toys R us it was a lot of fun and I worked with a lot of great people! Helping families shop for their children during the holidays was the best part, to make sure that they had a wonderful holiday
Great job if it was still around
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 12, 2019
Great environment, happy with sales, great customer service, horrible management, lack of pay. hours were flexable, reliable, good security, friendliness, worked comfortable, at self-paced. easy work, good shifts, you learn a lot as you go. loved it there besides management. Still wish it was around. :(
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 12, 2019
Toys R Us was a very good first job. You can gain experience in customer service and also gain experience in working with a cash register. If they were still open i would recommend for first time job seekers to apply.
Unpacking trucks as there were comming
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2019
My job was unloading trucks,keeping the shelf full,Putting together bikes,baby cribs anything that was needed I did.The job was ok it was layed back.
Pros
Family discounts
Cons
Lunch breaks, paid every two weeks
Productive and fun work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 11, 2019
The time I've worked for Toys R Us has been a great experience. The company was great as well as my coworkers. The benefits were great also. I have the up most respect for the company.
Pros
Great pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K
44K
33.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss