Toys 'R' Us

Working at Toys 'R' Us in Wayne, NJ: Employee Reviews

Wayne, NJ330 reviews

Found 330 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,520 reviews
seasonalstoretoysrusseasonbabyshelfkidchristmas

Productive fun place for work

Good place to work. Fun environment. Same like every other retail job. A lot of drama. Mangers don’t really care about employees. A lot of long hours.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Short breaks

work balance is good

great company to work for, marketplace is tough, but the company has a strong history and hires good people, you should consider it if the company is still solvent

Pros

culture

Toys 'R' Us insights

Based on 1,441 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great fun place

I loved working at toys r us. The corporate office was amazing and there were many great people to work with. It's too bad the debt structure and there delay in e-commerce killed the giant

Fun!

Was a great first job out of college job. Great product, great teams. Managers really cared abut growth within their teams which was nice. Beautiful office overlooking a lake.

Culture can be improved

Trying very hard to improve culture without compensation. Place makes you work very long hours when there are multiple projects. Not enough quality staff.

Pros

Set work schedule

Cons

Lack of future growth

Accounting

The roles wasn't challenging and I found myself becoming very bored in a short amount of time. Promotions were given to a select few based on favoritism versus skills.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

No upward movement

Horrible

Horrible - terrible hours, lack of respect. People are miserable - job is miserable. Pay is not great, no room for advancement, filled with kids out of college thinking they will change the world. No surprise the company folded.

Pros

Corporate events

Cons

Managers

Team building skills

I didnt like the fact that we were forced to work a minimum of hours for any holiday and all holidays we were required to work if you didnt show up you would be terminated i was there for the season but i was hoping to stay i reached all qualifications that was said to keep you on. After the season ended but however i was still let go this job os not a permanent source of employement for me

Pros

Discount on merchandise

Cons

No recongnition for achieving things at the register

Productive workplace

Working set schedules loading and unloading dock. Used forklift and electric jacks to move product around the warehouse. The management made the work enviroment fun and exciting.

Productive and a terrific team

I enjoyed working at ToysRUs. The department was very talented and fun to work with. There was also opportunities to expand your learning. I enjoyed going to work everyday.

Very pro employee

A lot of overtime hours but the management and teams were like family. Unfortunately the original Toys R Us is no longer in existence. A new TRU Brands company has taken its place however.

Toys R Us

TRU/BRU was a great company I worked for. My cross functional teams where great partners. Happy to see the company is trying to grow again, it’s all about the children and making there drama come true

Company closed.

The Company closed all locations in the United States. I would still be there if it were available to me. It was a new challenge every day. The hours changed weekly.

Awful place to work

This company is now out of business although a few senior staff are making another go at it. The culture was terrible as everyone seemed selfish and snobby.

At corporate, work was great. A child's dream to work for the worlds largest toy store!

I worked here for a brief moment in time. And in that time it was great. A joy to support such an iconic company known for putting smiles on Children's faces.

Pros

Fun, innovative, and yes there was a pool table. Toys all around! You work at a Toy Retailer!

Cons

The company did not survive bankruptcy.

Fun, excellent place to have worked

Loved my job, the kids and making sure they all had an amazing time shopping at our toy stores. management never gave up, we tried all we could to save the stores but in the end we had to close and the awesome job and memories went with the office when we closed the doors in Wayne corporate office. really miss this position was by far the best and most fun i have had in my career!

Very nice work envionment

Work place was super nice, friendly staff and supervisors. nice work culture and great people. I recommend the place to everyone but sadly company is been closed now.

Not Good

The first five years were ok at TRU. Things went south when TRU was purchased by a private equity. Minimal investment was put into IT. This hampered the company so it was unable to compete in the marketplace.

NERF wars and tight Deadlines

It was a fun, but super intense place to work. The place just came back from being under for over a year. New heads are in charge, so I can't speak to that. Miss it every day, though.

learnt a lot

very good and awesome company. i liked to work in there and i work there almost 2 years and i find it very comfortable workable place. i will definitely refer this company

Good

It was a great working experience over there everyday was a new challenge had co workers who helped to make my experience unforgettable. A typical job that gives stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight