Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

53.8K
43.6K
32.9K
Found 9,996 reviews matching the search See all 11,900 reviews
Good
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  USMay 16, 2018
I enjoy providing an excellent level of customer service in a role that provides me with challenges an variety. I enjoy working as part of a team. I enjoy having responsibility in my work.
Pros
Dealing with the public
Fast paced
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working nights there you worked at your own pace with out worrying about the customers we just did our job and filled all the empty shelves at night
Fun place to work, got to see all the new toys
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, MAMay 15, 2018
I worked for Toys R Us for 32 years I learned How to focus on the big picture and to use all of my knowledge to train other employee's to work efficiently to complete company initiatives. The hardest part of my job will be leaving it.
Pros
working with toys, hours, vacation time
Cons
going out of business
First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2018
It was fast paced during the holiday season but very slow the rest of the year. It was a good place to work at to learn the basics of customer service.
decent, only got 1, 10 minute break
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 15, 2018
While working at toys r us, I did not receive much training and my first day of work was on black Friday so it was extremely stressful. Managers were helpful in this situation
Not beneficial
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglaston, NYMay 15, 2018
Although the job can be fun because of some of the people you work with, the hours weren't that flexible and if the manager asked you to stay longer, you wouldn't really have much of a choice. During the holiday season, the hours were incredibly long and tiring but some of the coworkers made it worth it.
Pros
Fun coworkers, discounts
Cons
short breaks, stressful, long hours
Great work environment
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 15, 2018
Great work environment, professional and friendly. Learned extensively throughout the years there. Had jobs of increasing responsibility and a positive atmosphere.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Company closed
It's a good experience
Toys Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2018
I think it's a good job for people to get and learn from so they can obtain people skills and coping skills also good customer service skills and it's a great opportunity
A great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 15, 2018
On a typical day in my position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the building, as well as overseeing a staff of 7 to 10 individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, replenishing the store, checking emails for any new directions, and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
I work with a great management team who care and also love their job like i do.
I've learned how to run a big box store.
Pros
Working in big box store there is more room to move up
Cons
We have to work on Thanksgiving
Horrible company
Retail Store Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 15, 2018
The only cared about their employees in the corporate office. The communication from cooperate to the store level was horrible. The policy were in place for no reason because they were never followed.
Fine
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 15, 2018
Toys R Us had a good environment during my time there and made the job easier. There wasn’t any pressure put upon one employee, we all helped each other out.
Pros
Break Time
Cons
Amount of hours to work
I love working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 14, 2018
I’ve only been a seasonal employee but it’s one of my most favorite places to work. The managers are very nice and so are the rest of the employees. If the company wasn’t closing I’d work there for another year or two.
Work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2018
It had a very fun and relaxed work environment. I enjoyed going to work each day. Even though I was only there for a seasonal position I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Typical day at work
Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2018
Typical day would be review emails, check payroll, account for all team members to show up and provide direction to what needed to be worked on. Open store and process deposit on day is was going to get picked up. When closing the store I would make sure to walk around and help any customers that needed help looking for certain toys or product. I would also cashier when needed. Handled any customer complaints without getting to corporate level. Also I would be scheduled to unload a truck and merchandise it to the floor and process it within a certain time frame. Hardest part was when employees would call off and other employees would not answer their phones. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would put a smile on children's faces when looking for their favorite toy.
Pros
benefits available
Cons
little employee discount
Fun Place
STOCKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 14, 2018
Everyone was really friendly, they helped you if needed, I was on the overnight shift and they allowed music the entire shift. Ive never had experience in packing and shipping, I cought on easily and I realized how swift and correctly I did the task.
fun place to work
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 14, 2018
great customers
cash register
floor
learned to recover- means place this back where they belong
restock shelves
answer phone
help customers find a toy
fun workplace and good managment
Early Morning Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL 34238May 14, 2018
A typical day at Babies R Us was going in early to help unload trucks and stock shelves before the store opened to the public and then when the store opened occasionally help customers but generally would scan and stock the back room.

I learned to take direction and work as a team.

The management, in my opinion, was very kind and helpful. When you needed help with something or had a question about something they were usually there for you.

The workplace culture was good, everyone got along for the most part and were able to work together.

I'd say the hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with irate customers and having to describe to them what some of the products do.

I got to work with a good group of people and everyone helped in the back room.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 14, 2018
Fun place to work, long retail hours, ok health insurance, flexible scheduling, comparable pay scale, season is hardest part of the job, most enjoyable part was customers returning and asking for you
easy going
Truck Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 14, 2018
Very relaxed. Managers were very nice and always listened to problems. Unloading trucks nightly and always stocking the shelves. Putting cardboard into the bailer.
Relaxed but fast paced job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 13, 2018
I worked a seasonal position at Toys R Us as an overnight stock associate, in which we restock the shelves overnight. This was a seasonal position for Christmas.
Pros
2 lunch breaks
Cons
standing for 8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss