TPG Hotels & Resorts

TPG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Good company overall. A lot of experienced staff at the corporate office level. Expectations are in line for the properties. My RDO we fantastic. I would work there a again.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lots of time at work.
Global leader in BPM and optimizing the CX lifecycle, HGS is helping make its clients more competitive. HGS takes a true “globally focused on enhancing the customer experience through every touch point in the customer journey.
No support from management, company refuses to spend any money to fix issues. Mold in ceilings and walls as they leak, but if it isn't supposed to rain its ok, we can sell the room. What a disgrace and unsafe business practice.
Pros
Cons
Everything. No Support, Incompetent Management, Poor Compensation. They do everything wrong!
Very fortunate to have worked here. I am very appreciative of this company. They were hiring people before the country or state fully reopened. Great place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It's near Southside St. Petersburg, very bad area.
Extremely poor management. Dishonest. From F&B to Catering, the worst of the worst. The laid off just because too many people and then rehire another staff
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Management really does not look into most of it associates. The company that manages these Hotel cuts corners and does not put the work, effort or budget into fixing all the wrong, ugly and simply unacceptable flaws their Hotel has. Growing in this company is also super hard, if your not friendly with the Management team or know them previously from another Job your going to have the hardest time. In addition, completely forget you have a personal life, Managements Excuse is "This is what you get paid for".
corporate cant make a decision without running it by 15 vice presidents first. They are unaware of the labor laws in the states they expand to. Culture is horrific. HR is useless on property. Run
Pros
Health insurance. Beautuful property
Cons
culture, hr, backstabbing
I was promised $11.50/hour and it was written on my application i received $9/hour. upon requesting management to pull my application, i was threaten stating that i should resign asap. management very unprofessional. massive rift between management wants and non-management needs.
Pros
set hours for each shift
Cons
bad management, employees overworked
TPG Hotels & Resorts is a high paying turnover machine. The Senior leaders are distant and fine if Results are good. If not good chance you will be terminated. There is no sense of belonging from a corporate standpoint. No GM or Senior Leader meetings or awards and recognition. If you are a highly skilled Senior GM who can create your own culture you can make good money. Capital depends on your SVP
Pros
Compensation
Cons
During my time there, upper management was beyond inappropriate. From an HR that didn't know what confidential meant, director of finance who knows nothing about finance or her team's tasks, csm who used the race card if she was being reprimanded for anything she did wrong, and GM who was bipolar and yelled in open forums and had fits of rage on the staff.
I would seriously caution anyone looking to work at the Meredith NH location, specifically the spa. I worked there for several years as an LMT and initially thought I had found THE job. I soon discovered that the spa management lack basic knowledge on massage protocol and fundamental procedures. The spa director focuses the majority of her time on planning her yearly Spalidays event, to the determent of daily spa functions. She spouts about how long shes been in the spa business, but lacks the general knowledge and ability to handle inappropriate behavior of spa guests, especially "well to do" business men. This lead me to quit after a coworker was sexually assaulted by a spa guest. Instead of calling the authorities, she told the entire massage team on that shift that it was the guest's word over the staff member's and that the guest would be allowed back for further services the next day. On the outside the spa looks incredible, but the reality is training is non-existent, the front desk manager is incompetent and routinely makes mistakes in the schedule, buckling under the pressure of busy weekend days, causing chaos. Employees are forced to work while experiencing severe sickness. Every scheduled vacation day (even for the few full time employees who have earned time off) is required to be covered by other staff members, which in most cases is impossible because it requires them to give up their days off to cover. You are routinely asked to come in on days off and are given attitude if you refuse. Burn out is rampant and general staff safety and support doesn't - more...
Manager is the meanest human on Earth. She runs the place as if she was a mob boss. Bullies people and talks behind their back. If they remove her the entire property would rise towards being the best in area.
Its not only TPG but the hotel and support staff that makes this a great company. From the corporate staff to the GM to the hourly workers, this is a great and friendly place to work.
TPG is the worst comp that i ever worked. Such a rude management, not willing to help. They abuse my rights. Long ours up to 12 hours, I have asked several times for break and they never come to replace me , when i go on back just to take a little break they yield at me like kid. Such an embarrassment. I was upset on myself why i have had waisted my time in that place . Do yourself a favor . Stay away from this place
I loved working there. Staff and management were all great! Made a lot of friends and met some great people. Enjoyed the clientele at the bar. The late hours and location were just a bad combination for me. If this was a day job (lunch crowd) or closer to home, I would never have left.
Very productive, learning new things daily and very fast paced. the most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the guest and knowing that management supports us which is always good.
I was hired to manage a 450 unit renovation project and was deceived on my compensation. Was micromanaged by rude individuals that have no idea how the construction process works.
Management is great. My day goes by quickly, because I enjoy what I am doing in my position as HR Coordinator. I love interacting with all different types of people every day. The hardest part of my job is when I schedule a potential employee and they skip their interview. Other than that, I love my job and I get along with management at my hotel property.
TPG Hotels & Resort is an ok company to work for. The company was still reviewing budget so the sales managers did not get their commission structure.
It’s a good place for learning proper things such as serving ,greetings in proper ways. I like the management. Mostly like 24*7 service. Everyone can have food even they come late.
Key to a good company is the support you get from the Regional and Home Office Teams. In my three years with the company I have never had a situation where a call or request for discussion has gone unanswered. While with some companies property level managements dreads calling corporate, we at ours look forward to engaging our support teams. Whether HR, Sales, Finance or even ownership you only need to pick up a phone. My current direct report is insightful. He listens and lets me attempt my actions and if a different path needs to be taken can influence without being condescending. The position requires long hours and work into the weekends, but with TPG it does serve as a negative but the ability to get the job done.
Pros
* Ability to make decisions. Great Home Office
Cons
* Need more communication throughout company on goals, objectives and ideas