TPG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Still bad evidently
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2019
I left TPG or rather was forced out after 8 years of service to my property
One thing I can offer that has not been mentioned about this company in all the negative reviews I concur with is that it should be noted that any positive reviews on this site are all submitted from RI locations - where the corporate office is located. Not a coincidence I think
Seriously this company’s culture is terrible. And it hasn’t changed in 15 years. The stress they produce has literally killed people. If you think you can take that sign on if not keep looking
Run away
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLDecember 8, 2018
Worst company to work for.
No need to explain in depth my nightmare of an experience, but this company ruined the hotel. Tpg came in and fired half of the staff no questions asked. Cut benefits without notice, and created a extremely hostile work environment. This is a company that only cares about the money. Management having relations in the parking lot during work hours , not to mention total lack of assistance to the staff. RUN AWAY.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers too busy to help the staff.
Its a job that pays the bills
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 20, 2018
Don't expect loyalty to get you anywhere. It won't. Some of the management staff is amazing, and the others are much to be desired. Culture has plummeted recently due to the massive amount of changes.
Great benefits if you can work under stress and scrutiny!
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 23, 2018
Working for Tpg hospitality group was a waste of time! I always look for advancement in job roles! As I worked for the company I did quickly move up into a food and beverage manager overseeing the food preparation hands on, changing daily special to ensure guests a great seasonal selection of choices for their stay! It all changed as higher management brought in a frozen foods, to supply the kitchen as options to prepare for guests! Waste of time if you are a person looking to build a comfortable standing with a company ! I mean to be clear no one wants to work feeling like any day could be your last! I do not lack in any area of being a slack, hack job , call out employee either I was always on the ball riding my passion each day I went into work ! You’ve been warned ! Stay blessed ✌🏾
Pros
Great discounts on rooms, amenities.
Cons
Cutthroat kitchen in the food and beverage department.
Not a good career experience overall
Hourly Team Member (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDAugust 21, 2018
In my opinion, this is not a good TPG place to work. The turnover was like no job I have experienced. This created a domino effect and stressful work environment for those left behind. Because of the turnover (and lack of meaningful training I encountered) work was often done incorrectly and everyone else had to pick up the pieces and try to figure out what was wrong. Some managers were very unprofessional. It seemed like with each GM turnover (there were several), it got worst. There was no cohesiveness. Department communication was lacking. Every department was out for themselves in what seemed like a cut throat environment, instead of working together. Provided with PTO, but only 3 holidays a year, not the normal 6 in every other job I have worked. This was my first hotel experience and not a pleasant one overall. Many quit abruptly, because it was that bad.
Pros
Health benefits were decent, Free lunches, Great Hotel stay benefits provided by the brand HILTON
Cons
HIGH turnover, pay not on par for my position, POOR management from local staff, up to corporate for this hotel
Hostile work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2018
Dont do it. Work at a subway and get paid more. No competitive pay. You only get a raise when the state minimum goes up. No room for career advancement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management, short staffed, hostile work environment
Run
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILAugust 5, 2018
Worst management ever. Bad training, no help from anyone asked. Management did not care about any concerns other than their own time off and when they leave for the day
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Worst company ever- if you see tpg on the name run
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 12, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Since working here, I have changed my career because they made me feel so poorly about myself. They are very bottom line and revenue driven. And if you dare go above your bosses head to the powers above, be prepared for retaliation.
Exciting Career in Hospitality
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 12, 2018
Working at TPG Hotels & Resorts has given me the opportunity to travel, and learn all the ins and outs of the hospitality industry. I'm currently working at the corporate office. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with. Upper management is on site and also easily accessible and active for day to day management.
Pros
We do get free lunch, great benefits and paid time off
Cons
No cons
One of the Top Hospitality Management Companies to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2018
I enjoy my job at TPG Hotels and Resorts. They are very generous with their benefits. The hours are manageable. I've learned a lot in the past few years.
Pros
Work with nich people
No Leadership, lack of training and messy
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
Being a Bartender at Hyatt House Atlanta you got know what your doing. The inventory for bar rarely is stock properly. Management team is messy, show favoritism and will never notice your work ethic. They leave early most of the time and they are not their during critical situations such as the computer or credit card machine freezing up. The hardest part is working a shift that is high volume with no extra help around and some co workers refusing to do their job. Plus human resources does payroll and is known to mess up your check. The only good things about this property where some co workers and my guests they are amazing people.
Pros
Guests
Cons
shorthanded at times, lack of train management and drama.
Well respected company in the industry and locally
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 25, 2018
The Procaccianti name is very well respected. Their commitment to their properties and employees shows. They're also a great employer for Rhode Island.

It's a privilege to be part of the team at the corporate level. Not only are they generous to their employees with great pay, great benefits, and in many smaller unexpected ways, they are also great supporters for many local charities and causes in their community. It certainly sets a great example for their employees.
Pros
Great local job in my industry with room for growth
Not a healthy environment
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 18, 2018
Not a healthy environment to work at all. The HR Director and the F & B Manager (that time) was RACIST. They have favoritism! I have no plans to leave the property but they terminated my contract for no valid reason. These people needs training!
Very unprofessional General Manager & Corporate Team.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2018
From the General Manager to the top executives at the corporate offices all very unprofessional.The only one who knew how to run a hotel was the Director of Sales.
Pros
A lot of time away on sales calls.
Cons
Corporate management team was very unprofessional.
Lacking in corporate culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed the individual hotel I worked for but found an extreme lack in corporate culture. The regional management staff are typical of the industry; too many hotels, too little care. The overwhelming number of hotels leads to a lack of individual attention often taking long periods to get information from them. Their bonus program is convoluted and designed to minimize pay outs. This will often lead to sales managers getting creative on when to process contracts. As with most hotel management companies, TPG treats their hourly employees very poorly while excessive leverage and breadth is given to management.
Pros
paycheck, stepping stone
Cons
lack of corporate culture
Managed by bottom line
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Being in the service industry, managing by the bottom line will always compromise service. There was no balance so there was no service. There were managers above you that had very little experience with my specific skill set which made it challenging to manage.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Great Company
Corporate Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 8, 2017
TPG is a great company to work for and they truly care about each individual as person.

This company allows for plenty of growth and development, and works closely with its associates.
Pros
Growth and Development Opportunities
Cons
Minimal Vacation Time
Rewarding Experience
Vice President of eCommerce (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 19, 2017
During my 3.5 years, I had the opportunity to work with leadership teams at 55+ hotels as well as brand marketing professionals at Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Starwood, IHG, Accor and Wyndham. Until my position was eliminated, I ushered in marketing best practices in today's digital world...successfully disrupting a closely-held, family-owned business. At times it was slow-going, but ultimately rewarding for all stakeholders.
Pros
Freedom and flexibility to do great work!
Cons
Lack of understanding/support of marketing initiatives at C-suite level.
not the best
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 26, 2017
I have bot had a great experience with this company. They need to care more about their employees and then they would not experience such high turn over.
Management focus on reports instead of customer service
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2017
High turnover in both hourly staff and management which showed in the lack of customer service provided to guests at the hotel. Lack of team work throughout the hotel especially during high occupancy times.
Pros
discounted hotel rooms
Cons
crowded work conditions