TPG Hotels & Resorts

TPG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews
Best Hotel management staff I've worked with in years
Its not only TPG but the hotel and support staff that makes this a great company. From the corporate staff to the GM to the hourly workers, this is a great and friendly place to work.
Worst company to work for
During my time there, upper management was beyond inappropriate. From an HR that didn't know what confidential meant, director of finance who knows nothing about finance or her team's tasks, csm who used the race card if she was being reprimanded for anything she did wrong, and GM who was bipolar and yelled in open forums and had fits of rage on the staff.
Toxic work environment
I would seriously caution anyone looking to work at the Meredith NH location, specifically the spa. I worked there for several years as an LMT and initially thought I had found THE job. I soon discovered that the spa management lack basic knowledge on massage protocol and fundamental procedures. The spa director focuses the majority of her time on planning her yearly Spalidays event, to the determent of daily spa functions. She spouts about how long shes been in the spa business, but lacks the general knowledge and ability to handle inappropriate behavior of spa guests, especially "well to do" business men. This lead me to quit after a coworker was sexually assaulted by a spa guest. Instead of calling the authorities, she told the entire massage team on that shift that it was the guest's word over the staff member's and that the guest would be allowed back for further services the next day. On the outside the spa looks incredible, but the reality is training is non-existent, the front desk manager is incompetent and routinely makes mistakes in the schedule, buckling under the pressure of busy weekend days, causing chaos. Employees are forced to work while experiencing severe sickness. Every scheduled vacation day (even for the few full time employees who have earned time off) is required to be covered by other staff members, which in most cases is impossible because it requires them to give up their days off to cover. You are routinely asked to come in on days off and are given attitude if you refuse. Burn out is rampant and general staff safety and support doesn't - more...
Bad people behind the scene
Manager is the meanest human on Earth. She runs the place as if she was a mob boss. Bullies people and talks behind their back. If they remove her the entire property would rise towards being the best in area.
Run away
TPG is the worst comp that i ever worked.
Such a rude management, not willing to help. They abuse my rights. Long ours up to 12 hours, I have asked several times for break and they never come to replace me , when i go on back just to take a little break they yield at me like kid. Such an embarrassment. I was upset on myself why i have had waisted my time in that place . Do yourself a favor . Stay away from this place
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Hated to Leave
I loved working there. Staff and management were all great! Made a lot of friends and met some great people. Enjoyed the clientele at the bar. The late hours and location were just a bad combination for me. If this was a day job (lunch crowd) or closer to home, I would never have left.
Fun, friendly place
Very productive, learning new things daily and very fast paced. the most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the guest and knowing that management supports us which is always good.
Under paid
I was hired to manage a 450 unit renovation project and was deceived on my compensation. Was micromanaged by rude individuals that have no idea how the construction process works.
Great place to work!
Management is great. My day goes by quickly, because I enjoy what I am doing in my position as HR Coordinator. I love interacting with all different types of people every day. The hardest part of my job is when I schedule a potential employee and they skip their interview. Other than that, I love my job and I get along with management at my hotel property.
It was an ok company
TPG Hotels & Resort is an ok company to work for. The company was still reviewing budget so the sales managers did not get their commission structure.
I enjoy working there
It’s a good place for learning proper things such as serving ,greetings in proper ways. I like the management. Mostly like 24*7 service. Everyone can have food even they come late.
Great Place to grow ones career.
Key to a good company is the support you get from the Regional and Home Office Teams. In my three years with the company I have never had a situation where a call or request for discussion has gone unanswered. While with some companies property level managements dreads calling corporate, we at ours look forward to engaging our support teams. Whether HR, Sales, Finance or even ownership you only need to pick up a phone.

My current direct report is insightful. He listens and lets me attempt my actions and if a different path needs to be taken can influence without being condescending. The position requires long hours and work into the weekends, but with TPG it does serve as a negative but the ability to get the job done.
Pros
* Ability to make decisions. Great Home Office
Cons
* Need more communication throughout company on goals, objectives and ideas
Good team to work with
Overall upper management was not entirely supportive however hotel level was very hard working. Cannot keep good people working for them for a long period of time.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
no work and private life balance
If I could I’d give a zero
Horrible company to work for . Management never has your back and is always going against their employees. Never would I work for them again .. only stayed as long as I did for the discounts on rooms .. and that was only for 8 months
Pros
Discounts on rooms
Cons
Great place to work there .
I’m growing there , I’m taking it to the next level . I’m very happy to work there .l feel like is my second home . The environment over there is like a family . They care about you . You just need to work hard and be the best .
Wonderful culture.
The Management staff is great to work for. Open door policy. Never ask you to do something that they wouldn't do. Great morale and a fun place to work.
Benefits
Hospitality Company done RIGHT
My role is one I have never done before. Yet, this company gave me an opportunity of a lifetime. To be able to gain growth and have management take the time to teach/coach me everyday is rare to find. My workplace culture is great as I am an HR Coordinator and get to implement employee morale/culture programs. Id say the hardest part of my job is having to discipline coworkers(which is rare). Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to communicate with corporate, hotel management and coworkers seamlessly. I never have issues communicating with anyone within this company. I truly love to come to work everyday.
Pros
Free lunch, Work/life balance, Coaching, Benefits
Poor
Worked at location 10 years
5 owners

12 chefs

Spent money on everything but employees

Over worked underpaid

Moved most of staff from downtown to beach

Brought in chef fired from Hilton

Butted heads fired me

Gave friend chef job
Work Management company I have ever worked for
If I could rate them lower than a 1 star I would.

If you want to work for a company that drains the hotel, staff and management teams and offers nothing in return. I worked for them as both a task force manager and full-time manager and it was the worst 13 months that I have spent in the hospitality industry. I watched them suck a property dry of resources. Mentally and emotionally drain a GM and Sales team and offer little or nothing in return except wanting them to produce more. I over saw the entire F&B departments and was promised a lot and yet received little. I finally followed the foot steps of many other F&B managers and left before my career was destroyed. In parting the company did nothing, no thank yous, best wishes or anything. I will never consider work for this company again nor would I recommend any established manager or up and coming manager to work for this company. They are not a hotel management company, they are everything a true hotel management company uses as training guide to show what they do not want to be.

Do your career a favor and avoid TPG at all cost and you'll be much better and grow fast, by doing so.
Awful.
I worked at one of their properties and it was the most hostile environment. The General Manager was always finding ways to put us down and unmotivated us to do our jobs. They do not pay enough for the job that they expect, as well as require you to work a 50 hour work week on property. There is no job security, as they will terminate you at any moment without any cause, myself as well as many of my coworkers experienced this first hand. The management does not care about its employees or its well-being and is only in place to push numbers and money through its properties to keep its hotels afloat.
Great company to work for!
Good Work/life balance, Great people, Flexibility, Ability to be creative, good workplace culture, complimentary lunch, accessible leadership team, senior colleagues are very supportive.
Cons
limited paid holidays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TPG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.