TPGS Employee Reviews

Great Place
Human Resources Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2018
I do not work at TPGS; I work at an office site. I love it. My manger calls every week to check on me and to see if I need anything. The company gives away a lot of things like lunch bags, hats, glasses, shirts, cups just a lot of knick-knacks. It a cool company to work for.
Great work place
Course Manager/Senior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoy the culture at TPGS. The people are goal orientated and the management are straight shooters. They always check up on me to see how the contract is going. They want my input to important matters concerning the work place.
Body Shop
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern VANovember 8, 2017
This company is typical of a lot of small defense contractors that are becoming more frequent in defense contracting field. Their strength is they partner with some of the bigger defense contractors and get sub contractor work. Their weakness is they are not going after prime contracts and senior management is out for their profit. They have made the 5 year mark but in the last two they have lost key managers and essential personnel. This company has no overhead so if your contract runs out they will let you go without a decent severance package. Their salaries and benefits are a bit sub par too. If you look harder you'll find stronger firms. If you do take a position aks about the length of contract, hours, and company turnover. This is where this company can be unethical, you'll hear what they want you to hear until they get you on site.
Pros
Happy hours, lunches, and Christmas parties Quick response in recruiting
Cons
low pay and benefits, weak contracts, no overhead, little growth or career development
Above average Defense contractor
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT / BUDGET ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 3, 2017
TPGS is a small business that supports the many aspects of the Defense and Intelligence requirements of the U.S. Government. I did my job and they left me alone. Management was responsive and treated me well. My contract was completed and there was not other work for my skill sets so we parted ways. Good company and well organized, would work for them again.
Pros
Good management, organized company
Cons
they need more contracts
pretty good
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 6, 2017
pretty good. did not like that i could not joint the 401K until 6 months in. and no 401K matching.

I only worked there 8 months. so not a lot to say about the company. I worked at a client site.
Standard
Perform Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 3, 2017
A good company! They have always had my back and insured job security! Also, they have many job opportunity's coming available. We're a growing company. A good company to get involved with!
Great atmosphere and great leadership.
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 16, 2017
It's a grind and the days can get long but when you have a great team around you it makes you successful. The whole team is always available for anything you need to make you better.
Pros
Team, environment
Cons
cubicles
Great Company
Senior RF Instructor/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 23, 2015
Great company that takes good care of it's employees! Great benefits, and great people! Very professional! Every employee has a voice!
Unhelpful staff
Ground SIGINT Specialist (Former Employee) –  OverseasNovember 27, 2014
During my time with the company, I was a stellar performer and even received a letter of recommendation from the officer in charge of the facility. I made far less than my peers, had issues with my healthcare plan (the plan did not cover me at my work location) that weren't resolved, and was not given the additional opportunities that the company promised me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TPGS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about