TPx Communications Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
A lot of work for very little progress
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2018
TPx Communications has a very robust and advanced product offering...which Austin is not ready for. Too many big name telecom / cable providers have sunk the businesses into cheap services that they are used to, new technologies are lost on the local IT as they are afraid to lose their jobs by outsourcing managed services. TPx services are a tough sale, especially since they do not advertise or assist their reps in any way. Prospecting and wearing out your shoes is the norm, follow up phone calls lead to voicemail and to never be returned. It's a losing battle.
Pros
Good salary and commissions (when you sell)
Cons
They love firing people only to hope they find a good replacement
fun and nice environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 11, 2018
The pay is decent BUT this company is very ghetto and unprofessional. They will fire you for no reason and come up with some lie of the reason they are letting you go. You could do everything right and they will still find some excuse to grt rid of you.
Life and Times at TPX
Sr. Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Started off good management was good to help and guide. As years progressed became a little difficult to have help til finally we were laid off. Overall great at start to many managerial changes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
management
Bleak outlook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 21, 2017
This company does not offer much to those who have not already been on the staff. They onboarded tons of contractors in 2017 to help assist in their company merger, which itself went terribly.

Management style is that of a cut throat Comcast-like atmosphere where customer satisfaction was often joked about behind the scenes.

Would not recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
Free coffee, Some of the staff know what they are doing and were very helpful
Great environment
Sales Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2017
I have learned a lot and gained valuable experience in my current position. My team was very supportive and helped me learn a lot. It is because of TPx Communications that I have developed my skills and learned a lot about myself.
Cons
Not a lot of negatives to say about the company
Flexibility
Project Manager, Network Planning (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2017
I have worked in this company for 17 years. It has gone through different acquisitions and leadership changes. The department I work in allows time flexibility on its team members and allows us to manage our projects with flexibility.
TPX Communications
Managed Services Support Desk Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
TPX Communications is in the Telecommunications industry. I learned a great deal about devices and services they offer. It was a pleasure to get up and go to work everyday. There was always something to do and the goals were clear to achieve. I received immediate support and the colleagues were helpful and friendly.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2017
They promote the least successful people because of politics.They refuse to offer raises even when they are earned in the comp plan. Management is a joke. It's just a good ol' boys network and they are losing the few quality employees still left. Benefits are horrible and expensive. Worst career decision I ever made, going to work there.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Everything you look for in a good employer, they don't have it
Fast paced
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2017
Fast paced, challenging but rewarding. This company has taught me how to multitask to the fullest. I am fortunate to have the support from coworkers who are always willing to help.
No training
Service Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 4, 2017
Expect to be trained a months worth of information in one week and then placed on the computer andnor phone with no experience, no shadow, sink or swim basically. Extensive information to know with little to no knowledge.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No Training
My experiences over the past 5 years
MS Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 15, 2017
I enjoy my job when time is permitted but for the past year things turned worse and I am unable to focus on proving a good customer experience. Our staff is very short handed and we do not have time to perform the required tasks to present a good customer experience
Pros
Cons
no job security
Decent Company
Enterprise Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2017
This job is a grind, day in day out. There are issues with upper management in terms of the direction of the company. Only my opinion, but I believe this company is positioning itself to be bought.
Moral is low within the company, but it's a job.
Benefits
Cons
Churn & Burn type of company.
Decent work place lack of continuity
Base customer account manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
TPX Communications while being a decent workplace lacks direction. If you want to get started as an accounrt manager then by all means join this company. Good training and dedicated leadership at the manager level. However the company has too many systems in play not enough resources and a veritable hodgepodge of software and systems that makes provisioning a nightmare.
Pros
good coworkers and first line leaders
Cons
lack of synergy, systems are way outdated, no real ability for advancement