TRAC Intermodal Employee Reviews

Good job for illegal Mexican.
chassie mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2019
Top to bottom cut throat. One mgr say one way. Another say something different an then will write you up for doing what they said. But everyone experiences are different take your chance who knows.
Always plenty of work to do
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2019
Working here was fairly pleasant. The anager allowed me to work without too many interruptions or changes in routines. Co-workers were very easy to work with.
Pros
Good benefirs and decent pay.
Cons
Commute was pretty long from where I lived
work in outsifde elements
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXMay 20, 2019
typical day at work is repairing Trailers for the purpose of transporting containers for shipment all outside work in the elements heat,rain,cold etc.
Work Experience
Operational Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 22, 2019
TRAC allow me to reach out to different vendors and groups to utilize my marketing and management skills. I was able to handle projects and optimize the results based on the current conditions.
Pros
Great Team Staff
Cons
Management Changing Directions too frequently
Very boring and unproductive
M & R Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 25, 2019
Very boring job with no further education. Management is clueless when it comes to the day to day operations. Any progressive suggestion was not heard to promote the company and every employee was treated like just a number! Very poor management.
Pros
Benefits and dollar to dollar match up to 6%
The people were great to work with
EDI BI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 18, 2019
The people are great to work with. The standup meetings were 30 minutes and each person in EDI stated what they finished and what they are working on.
Billing Analyst
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 13, 2018
I had a positive outlook on TRAC when I initially had started. Unfortunately, that was not the case as I had learned that they are disorganized and poor when it comes to training. The work was not relevant to my schoolwork even though they had explained in great detail in the interview that the systems would align with my schooling. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to work here if they want to advance in their career path. Most of the upper management ignored me and acted as if I wasn't there. They don't use systems like Tableau or Oracle, which seem some of the most practiced among other companies.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
everything to do with the job
Meidum sized company with repetitive tasks.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 11, 2018
Boring. They taught my about rebilling and invoicing but the culture was boring. THe most stressful part is not having different work to do. The cafeteria with real cooked food was the best part. Also, their is a small gym.
Good company to work for
M&R Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 11, 2018
People in positions that don't need to be in that role. to many lay offs and always on edge never knew when a layoff was coming. Over all a good company
It’s ok
QA pm (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 10, 2018
It’s not a place to advance - cannot work from home, no cafeteria - the people are ancient - no advancement no structure of who does what - burns money w/o proper budget review
Good pay and fast challenging working environment.
M & R Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
Overall Trac was a great job, but I would of benefited more if I had prior experience with the industry. I did not come from an Intermodal maintenance background. I did how ever come from a heavy equipment mechanic background which helped in some areas. The job is very fast paced and was stressful for me on a daily basis. Consistent multitasking is a key to surviving in this field and having the knowledge of the industry. You have to deal with truck drivers on a daily basis which in its own can be very challenging and frustrating. In short the industry was not for me, although I did put in 3 years with the company. I didnt feel that I was ever going any farther in advancement with the company due to lack of industry knowledge.
Pros
Hours and Pay were great along with performance bonus each year.
Cons
Very fast paced and stressfull on a daily basis. Although I did like my supervisor, He could be very difficult to deal with at times.
A great place to work
Inside Sales Coordinator- Tandem Chassis Leasing (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 2, 2018
A terriffic company with great pay, benefits & 401k match to 6%.
I made alot of friends because it is basically a fun place to work, and your employment is at will.
teamwork is a nesscessity especially on the commercial side of the organization.
There are employees that have been there 10+ years, and you are encouraged to stay if you are thinking of leaving.
Not so great if you are a single mom & have a long commute, however some departments will let you work remotely.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard if you are a single parent
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 1, 2018
The workplace culture is an environment in which TRAC's core values are truly shown by the quality people working alongside you who exemplify it. Majority of the staff is happy to work as team and succeed to improve the business. It is not withstanding people who do not show those qualities but that is to be expected anywhere.
Pros
Great mentorship, great co-workers, good salary, healthcare
Cons
Tend to have unnecessary meetings decreasing work productivity
Strange environment
Sr Data Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 21, 2018
Its a small company environment that hires lots of consultants. Seems to have lots of business analysts and lot of meetings going on but not sure if much is getting done in the right direction.
nice
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 20, 2018
I have learned a lot at TRAC Intermodal. The company is the nations leading truck chassis distributor. The company is a typical corporate office and is a nice place to work.
fun workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 12, 2018
Great enviornment and amazing co-workers. Learned a lot about excel and gave me my first corporate experience. Great workplace and helped me work with a team.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
healthcare
Chassis Mechanic
Chassis Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
I've been a mechanic with Trac Intermodal for a while, and it's the best company I've worked for that does this type of work. I work at the rail yard doing inspections and repairs. its hard work, but were paid fair and overtime is offered at a higher hourly pay. I referred a few friends to work here because I know I am happy.
Pros
Good coworkers, good benefits, fair pay, overtime available, independence
Cons
working outside
N/a
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 28, 2018
This is not something I feel comfortable doing. The environment is comfortable, The benefits are comparable with other large companies. The people are mostly friendly and easy to get along with.
Overall good experience
M&R II AREA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 13, 2018
Overall, the company is good to work for. However, minimal annual salary increase is insufficient to offset the increase of rising benefits cost. I work as a field inspector and have a self driven work pace.
great friendships with coworkers
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 31, 2018
Start early, enjoyed the atmosphere, learned another facet of the business. Management was horrible. putting up with micromanaging. the hardest part was not working pass your scheduled time. The most enjoyable was the volunteering I was able to do.
Pros
Fun Perks
Cons
Micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRAC Intermodal. Our community is ready to answer.