Trace3 Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2018
Awesome company culture and all around great place to work! I loved the annual sales retreat in Las Vegas that was held every year as it was used to get everyone on the same page for that year's goals and objections / strategies.
Fun and laxed working environment
Smart Hands Data Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 16, 2018
Trace3 has been a great company to work for since i started with them. Although I have not been with them long they have been the type of company that continues you to help guide you along the way and does not baby you. The company expects you to do your job and enjoy doing your job. Great Pay!!!
Rewarding and fast-paced environment requiring adaptability, innovation and creativity
Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2016
I’ve been with Trace3 for half a decade. Currently I’m the Director of Solutions Delivery, which is part of a sales team focused on an industry vertical. I’m responsible for professional services, consulting, sales, and delivery. Anything that’s services or consulting based, I sell it, scope it, and have a team that manages delivery.

Trace3 is really liberating: Our founder has a “choose your own adventure” approach that lets you follow new ideas and career goals, and I’ve been able to transition to new roles when I’ve felt ready to grow or change. The company is always innovating, for clients and internally, which keeps us nimble. Since I’m in sales, the constant changes in the marketplace and in technologies impacts me directly—we’re obviously not doing the same thing for long for any one client, and we’re exposed to so many different emerging/disruptive techs that I’m able to give my team the tools to get repeat business with our clients, close deals, drive revenue, etc. I’m successful if I can help my team expand existing engagements and grow portfolios—and because I’ve got access to engineers who actually want to drive value and to developing tech that meets client needs, I can make the recommendations that lead to repeat business or additional lines of business.

80% plus of my focus, time, and energy is spent on clients, and as much as possible I’m at client sites. I’m in the field all the time. There is a trust and independence factor here that I love—no one has ever asked me if I leave at 12:30 where I’m going. Trace3 recognizes that you’re a professional and they’ll
  more... let you run your team and your business. My team serviced a big client that was sucking up our resources in ways that just weren’t valuable to the company, and the client just didn’t value my team—so at an off-site we took a step back and asked if we really wanted to continue with this client in this unhealthy relationship that was exhausting our team and our resources. We made a decision as a team to pivot away from that and to double-down in the accounts that we had good relationships with and mutual respect—which was very tough to do, but Trace3 backed our decisions, and fortunately it has paid off.

It’s a stressful work environment, even on the best days. Multitasking on compressed cycles is the norm. We have to adapt quickly to the priorities of our customers, budget adjustments, the rapid changes in our industry—on any given day, my team has to adapt to all those changes while covering accounts and meetings while bringing the right resources to bear. It’s a work-hard, play-hard environment, but it’s not for everyone.

Tech innovation and industry changes are rapid and fast, but what I would like to see is more internal stability. The company culture is very impatient with things like organizational changes, new practices, and new ways of dealing with things, but they need to allow more time to see if things stick. We’ll just be settling into a new groove with an internal shakeup, and then they change things again. I’m not afraid of change, but change on this level and timeframe is distracting.

If you’re looking for a career with a lot of autonomy and if you can be quick on your feet, Trace3 is a great place to be. Just be ready to always be on the move!
Pros
Fast paced with access to latest technologies and diverse client base
Cons
Sometimes requires long hours and night/weekend work to support clients
Doesn't have the magic it had 5 years ago
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2016
The workplace is focused on deals in and deals out. No longer about the client, everything has a template and client requests are ignored. It's their way or the highway, which goes the same for "defining your X" as an employee.
Pros
VS other VARs, you could do worse
Cons
Bad leadership (constantly changing), communication, sales management (or lack thereof)
Good company to work with
Solutions Architect - Data Protection (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2014
This is a good company to work with , I am having good time working with company , even I am a contactor but been treated as a full time employee.
N/a
Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2014
It was a job that was just was not for me and although I learned much about sales, the environment was not conducive to a productive work environment.