Tracfone Wireless Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Research Analyst/ Social Media Administrator (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 24, 2018
There are always opportunities available for growth in this company and they look for inside promotions before looking outside. There are many programs that help you continue your education and help yourself grow into higher levels of management if you desire.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MedleyAugust 23, 2018
As I said on my other paragraph the worst place from HR to management. No experience at all and have these managers making over 100k and the employees that work get pay the worst. The training classes are the worst you don’t let anything until you get to the floor.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Poor management, no experience at all on what they do!
Difficult to say with the currently changing culture
Senior Market Research Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at TracFone consists of getting in at your designated time (determined by your boss and department). Lunch can also be scheduled, although this is much rarer. you work 8 hours with a 1-hour lunch break at some point in the day.

Management changes depending on the department you work in; however, in recent times there has been a decline in the managers and their interpersonal skills. An example of this would be a sick employee how obviously does not feel well. Even though it can be seen that they are not performing at there best they are not told they can go home. Instead, it is on the employee to ask the manager for permission.

What I learned at TracFone was probably the best thing I take with me from my experience there. They provide off-site training for certain skills such as SQL and have in-house management training courses to help you better understand your particular style of managing and how to work with the various types of worker personalities.

The culture is difficult to explain here since there was a drastic shift post the death of the original owner and CEO at the time F.J. Pollack. The culture of being ahead of the market was lessened and the feeling of being part of a larger family was lost. It became much colder over time. Although, they still have the once a year holiday party, the overall feeling of almost feeling like a family is clearly gone.

The hardest part of my job was getting my job done. As strange as this sounds it is quite easy to explain. One of the most important parts of my job was to create recommendations based on finding
  more... in the data I was working with. Al market researchers on the team were required to make X number of recommendation per year and have them implemented. This became troublesome since TracFone is horrendously slow at making changes if at all. Most things are controlled by the finance department and such are turned down if not seen as important. The other hickup is IT, where small website related issues are delayed or not changed because it is owned by a different department in the company that never moves forward with the changes because they are focused on other things.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom I had up until almost the end of my time there. I did not have a set time to get into the office placed on me, however, it was expected that you arrived before 10. I did not have a forced lunch hour, even tho I went at 12 just to spend time with coworkers.
Pros
flexible time if your manager allows it
Cons
difficulties getting your goals done due to bureaucracy
Dated processes
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 31, 2018
Doesn not offer competitive pay. Medical is alright but otherwise limited benefits. Governance has dated processes requiring outrageous amounts of signatures from executives for approvals. Many emails, people are not used to reading their emails and expect extra attention to get back to you.
Pros
medical and 401K
Cons
Upper management
A job you would love to have
Sales Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 22, 2018
With very flexible hours competitive pay, there isn't much to complain about. the job is very straight forward. just be able to travel, lean, and talk
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
downtime
Very easy and non stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative / Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 11, 2018
This is probably the easiest job I've ever had. All you have to do is be very observant and follow directions without skipping any steps. Nothing hard about this job.
Pros
I loved everything about my job and people
Cons
I wish the job wasnt temporary
Dynamic and challenging environment.
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
A quaint environment. Company is starting to put forward concepts that will improve prospects. Minimal on the job training, Minimal feedback. Must be driven and willing to figure things out on own.
work
Customer service/Technical Support technicians (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2018
worked in Techincal support and Quailty assurance team to asssit company ensure agents and customers were being service provided for all products of the compny
Pros
overtime
Cons
breaks
tracfone wireless
Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2018
Typical day at tracfone wireless was face paced call center. I started at a customer service rep and elevated to QA Quality Assurance. The working environment was awesome.
Pros
payday
Cons
off day
Great Company
Regional Manager Lower Midwest United States (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2018
Tracfone Wireless provided many opportunities to expand my knowledge base and advance my career. There were many opportunities to advance, but most involved relocation.
Pros
Continuing education training
Cons
Lower pay than industry standards for comparable work load
Enjoyed my time there
Field Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
Would have never left the company except they downsized and my position was eliminated. No room for advancement or managerial positions. They could have paid better for the cost of living etc
Good work environment
IVR Business Analyst - Designer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2018
Good company overall. Standart grow opportunities and average salaries
I truly enjoyed working at Tracfone
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
Good company to work
Fun activities for the employees

Not easy for promotions and once you leave the company you can only return after three years and not before.
Good place to learn
InfoSec Unix Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLFebruary 26, 2018
In Tracfone you will learn about new technologies, it is a good place to work, people is friendly and they help you, as soon as I started I felt welcome.

There is a lot people from other countries like India. Spanish is mostly spoken
Pros
Cafeteria, good pay
Cons
short breaks
great place to work at
Campaign Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2018
benefits are great, its a great place to work at
it is a friendly environment. inhouse cafeteria provides snacks and lunch options for employees. parking is a bit difficult other than that its great to work there,
Pros
cafteria in house, great benefits
Cons
hourly pay and management issues
Not a fun place to work when there are no extra activities
Sr. Data Warehouse /ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2017
Not a fun place to work when there are no extra activities.
Just work and go home like a robot. The management is not good at all. And job security is like none, you never know when you are dumped.
Would not recommend anyone to work at TracFone
Customer Experience Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2017
The culture at TracFone is horrible and it starts at the top with upper management. There is little to no room for advancement. The new CEO has his work cut out for him.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, Advancement Opportunities
Great for Side-job, Not Great for a Regular Job
TracFone Agent (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PROctober 27, 2017
It was a good job to get back on my feet after I was laid off from my previous job and the hours are flexible enough to not interfere with your daily life. but sadly, the people who contracted me wasn't being provided with all the equipment needed for us to offer the free phones on-site, which was the preferred choice of every client in the area. If you need an extra job in the household, that is not considered the MAIN form of Income, this is the job for you.
Pros
Flexible hours, Freedom to move areas, minimun supervision
Cons
Irregular pays.
Fast paced, a bit stressful but enjoyable
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
TracFone is amazing organization to work for. Every day is a new challenge. The workplace culture is diverse and dynamic. It is fast paced, driven oriented and there is never a boring day. Great place.
Bad Experience
Senior Manager, Finance and Treasury (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLOctober 9, 2017
Unfortunately, I, up to that point never experienced what occurred to me in this company. I was sabotaged by my inherited staff, I suppose because they felt they should've been promoted to the position I had assumed. It didn't go well for me and I was eventually forced out. Very little support from my hiring manager is what led to the decline. I should have taken more advice from my predeccesor who was still there in a downgraded role but in retrospect I don't think it would've helped me, I was caught offguard not expecting that something like this would happen to me.
Pros
cell phone discounts
Cons
lousy management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tracfone Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tracfone Wireless.

Powered by Comparably