Tracfone Wireless Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2018
ok work environment, does not offer many advancement opportunities. There is no work life balance. TracFone reputation exceeds itself. Wish you good luck!
Cut throat and conniving
Executive Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLOctober 22, 2018
The managers and employees are for themselves and no disciplinary action ever. Favortism at an all time high! The schedule is ridiculous and no time to spend with family..
Pros
Overtime and benefits
Cons
Operation's Senior Management head bully IT staff all the times.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2018
Operation's Senior Management head bully IT staff all the times. IT is pushed to fire those people he does not like. Healthy disagreements are also taken as negative feedback and people are fired on personal like and dislike.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Operation's Senior Management head bully IT staff all the times.
Great World Of Wireless
Executive Resolution Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2018
This is a great company to work for I'd say. Once you get your foot in the door you wouldn't want to leave. This is a great company to work for and you';ll learn a whole about the telecommunications world from Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, & Verizon networks that operate under the umbrella of Tracfone, Safe-link, Net10, Straight talk, Simple Mobile, & Page Plus.
Pros
Work Environment, Awesome Pay, Wireless Discount, Great Cafe, Awesome Coworkers
Cons
Nothing Negative To Say
Good Company Bad Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2018
The Company is pretty good, the problem is the culture. There is a current effort to correct it, but the main problem is not the employees but the leadership.

Promotions are very rare and normally you have to know someone. There are some departments that are great, but once you are out of that department you get exposed to the culture.

Not a long term company, but one to get experience from.
Pros
Good Pay, depending on department good managers
Cons
Culture and very little room for advacement
sucks
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 29, 2018
Upper management sucks - too much gossip- no direction- backstapping co workers- vice president never said good morning and was very stuck up. worst place I ever worked
Pros
nothing
Great Place to Work
Research Analyst/ Social Media Administrator (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 24, 2018
There are always opportunities available for growth in this company and they look for inside promotions before looking outside. There are many programs that help you continue your education and help yourself grow into higher levels of management if you desire.
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MedleyAugust 23, 2018
As I said on my other paragraph the worst place from HR to management. No experience at all and have these managers making over 100k and the employees that work get pay the worst. The training classes are the worst you don’t let anything until you get to the floor.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Poor management, no experience at all on what they do!
Difficult to say with the currently changing culture
Senior Market Research Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at TracFone consists of getting in at your designated time (determined by your boss and department). Lunch can also be scheduled, although this is much rarer. you work 8 hours with a 1-hour lunch break at some point in the day.

Management changes depending on the department you work in; however, in recent times there has been a decline in the managers and their interpersonal skills. An example of this would be a sick employee how obviously does not feel well. Even though it can be seen that they are not performing at there best they are not told they can go home. Instead, it is on the employee to ask the manager for permission.

What I learned at TracFone was probably the best thing I take with me from my experience there. They provide off-site training for certain skills such as SQL and have in-house management training courses to help you better understand your particular style of managing and how to work with the various types of worker personalities.

The culture is difficult to explain here since there was a drastic shift post the death of the original owner and CEO at the time F.J. Pollack. The culture of being ahead of the market was lessened and the feeling of being part of a larger family was lost. It became much colder over time. Although, they still have the once a year holiday party, the overall feeling of almost feeling like a family is clearly gone.

The hardest part of my job was getting my job done. As strange as this sounds it is quite easy to explain. One of the most important parts of my job was to create recommendations based on finding
  more... in the data I was working with. Al market researchers on the team were required to make X number of recommendation per year and have them implemented. This became troublesome since TracFone is horrendously slow at making changes if at all. Most things are controlled by the finance department and such are turned down if not seen as important. The other hickup is IT, where small website related issues are delayed or not changed because it is owned by a different department in the company that never moves forward with the changes because they are focused on other things.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom I had up until almost the end of my time there. I did not have a set time to get into the office placed on me, however, it was expected that you arrived before 10. I did not have a forced lunch hour, even tho I went at 12 just to spend time with coworkers.
Pros
flexible time if your manager allows it
Cons
difficulties getting your goals done due to bureaucracy
Dated processes
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 31, 2018
Doesn not offer competitive pay. Medical is alright but otherwise limited benefits. Governance has dated processes requiring outrageous amounts of signatures from executives for approvals. Many emails, people are not used to reading their emails and expect extra attention to get back to you.
Pros
medical and 401K
Cons
Upper management
A job you would love to have
Sales Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 22, 2018
With very flexible hours competitive pay, there isn't much to complain about. the job is very straight forward. just be able to travel, lean, and talk
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
downtime
Very easy and non stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative / Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 11, 2018
This is probably the easiest job I've ever had. All you have to do is be very observant and follow directions without skipping any steps. Nothing hard about this job.
Pros
I loved everything about my job and people
Cons
I wish the job wasnt temporary
Dynamic and challenging environment.
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
A quaint environment. Company is starting to put forward concepts that will improve prospects. Minimal on the job training, Minimal feedback. Must be driven and willing to figure things out on own.
work
Customer service/Technical Support technicians (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2018
worked in Techincal support and Quailty assurance team to asssit company ensure agents and customers were being service provided for all products of the compny
Pros
overtime
Cons
breaks
tracfone wireless
Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2018
Typical day at tracfone wireless was face paced call center. I started at a customer service rep and elevated to QA Quality Assurance. The working environment was awesome.
Pros
payday
Cons
off day
Great Company
Regional Manager Lower Midwest United States (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2018
Tracfone Wireless provided many opportunities to expand my knowledge base and advance my career. There were many opportunities to advance, but most involved relocation.
Pros
Continuing education training
Cons
Lower pay than industry standards for comparable work load
Enjoyed my time there
Field Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
Would have never left the company except they downsized and my position was eliminated. No room for advancement or managerial positions. They could have paid better for the cost of living etc
Good work environment
IVR Business Analyst - Designer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2018
Good company overall. Standart grow opportunities and average salaries
I truly enjoyed working at Tracfone
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
Good company to work
Fun activities for the employees

Not easy for promotions and once you leave the company you can only return after three years and not before.
Good place to learn
InfoSec Unix Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLFebruary 26, 2018
In Tracfone you will learn about new technologies, it is a good place to work, people is friendly and they help you, as soon as I started I felt welcome.

There is a lot people from other countries like India. Spanish is mostly spoken
Pros
Cafeteria, good pay
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tracfone Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tracfone Wireless.

Powered by Comparably