Trachte Building Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not too terrible of a place to work
Sheet Metal Worker (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 8, 2019
Management is nice to new people but as soon as you have been there a few months prepare to be micromanaged like you have no clue what you're doing. Don't bother joining the union as you pay every month just so that you can't be fired for no reason otherwise the union doesn't do anything for you.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Management and expensive vending machines
The work is easy, raises are horrible, management has no people skills
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 25, 2019
It’s sad to say this would be a good company to work for if the management cared about the employees, the people you work with are great, the performance review is pointless, you can give your all go above and beyond and you will still get a raise that’s not based off your performance review. The management makes this place just a job not a career!!
Pros
Work is pretty easy
Cons
Horrible management from top to bottom
Been working here for about a month and so far I love it.
Brake Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 20, 2019
Coming from past union metalworking shops this place is much more relaxed then most, even on first shift. Great group of people working here. Absolutely love it.
Pros
Pay, overtime if you want it but you don’t have to work it if you don’t want.
Management (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WI 53590February 4, 2019
No real issues just had an opportunity to move on. Benefits were decent at the time. I enjoyed my stay while I was there. Employees were hardworking and easy to work with while I was there.
Fun place to work
Main Receptionist of multi phone line (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 23, 2018
a fun job to go to everyday . I would go back and work there again
It was a face passed place . I would recommend working with them again nice good product
My type of work
Brake press operator (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 3, 2018
Physical work which is good. But no chance or very very little chance for advancement when you are good at your job. Seems you need to be a a** kisser or a suck up brown noiser to get anywhere.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
To many lies or false truths
Good co-workers, anti-worker management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 15, 2018
I worked at Trachte in the shop for a little over a year. I felt like I was told one thing by HR when I was hired and the work experience turned out to be a completely different thing. I made it through probation, and they told me that I was going to be given the opportunity to work other machines to make extra money, but I never got the opportunity. I was told that I was going to have vacation, but I never saw that. The feeling I got was that they spent a lot of time trying to hire me, but then HR spent the rest of the time trying to find ways to get rid of me. I quit and went to another factory. I wouldn't do it over again if I had the chance.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast-paced and flexible working environment.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 30, 2018
I have worked for Trachte Building Systems for over 3 years now now I very much enjoy coming to work and doing my job. I like a challenge and feel I am empowered with making decisions I feel are best for my day to day duties. I very much enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Flexible, fast-paced, great people, etc.
Work is easy yet challenging
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 26, 2018
typical day at work is mostly sitting at the cubicle working on autoCAD. So far I have learned AutoCAD and Autolisp and how it works together with Navision to create construction documents making the process more efficient and accurate than manually drawing every page and searching for all the parts needed for each project. Management and workplace culture kind of going together. Feels like a small town culture. You fit in and its great or you are different and people keep an eye on you. Hardest part of the job is the small town vibe where everyone is curious about what you are doing at your desk and some watched harder than others. The most enjoyable part of the job is the activities and challenges in promoting healthy activities with prizes. I enjoy the team activities outside of work place for running or biking and family events too.
Pros
Health insurance, Esop, Employee-Owned, Yearly profit bonuses, Opportunity to grow with assistance in education, Wellness program, Easy to take time off
Cons
Small town mentality, Very stationary work
Great Company To Work For
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 26, 2018
Great place to work. They value employees ideas and needs. Surrounded by a great atmosphere, and team. ESOP program, profit sharing, good benefits. I moved here from a different state for the opportunity to work for Trachte, it is the best move I have made. Trachte is a great company to work for if you are a hard working individual, willing to learn, and enjoy being around a positive and driven team/management.
Pros
Great co workers and management
Cons
Getting people that want to work/learn the process
Solid Company with bright future
Office (Current Employee) –  OfficeApril 26, 2018
Trachte has given me a chance to show what I can do. I feel I have the support of management to make the decisions that will help this company continue to grow in the future. It is a fun place to work with challenges both easy and hard but you never feel like you are alone. There is always someone that is willing to jump in and help get it done.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and casual dress
Founded in 1901 - Owner Operated - Popular Industry
Office (Current Employee) –  OfficeApril 26, 2018
Work for the best company in the industry of Self Storage. The office atmosphere is laid back, casual dress with an open door policy. Work hard rewarded big.
Pros
ESOP Program & Benefits
Cons
Long commute
Great Company- Treats Employees Well
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 26, 2018
The company is willing to invest in their employees. They are willing to pay for schooling and training to make your jobs more efficient and enjoyable! The company is continuously growing and has the company and the employees best interest, at all times.

The management team is willing to be flexible and understanding when unplanned circumstances occur, which many companies do not offer.
Pros
Flexibility and Understanding
Cons
Short staffed due to not finding candidates.
People Stick Around
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 26, 2018
Many of the current employees have been here for more than a decade. This is a growing organization and they continue to hire new people to join the solid team. Great long-term benefits.
Pros
100% Employee Owned, HSA & 401k Match, Job Security
Growing Company, Lots of Opportunity
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 17, 2018
Engaged team with a positive attitude to get things done. Surrounded by a team with a great work ethic. Looking for full time help to sustain double digit growth! Great time to be an owner and share in the profits. Company is investing in new equipment and working to keep the team trained on new technology.
Pros
Straight 8 hrs, OT is voluntary
Lots of opportunity
Sheet Metal Worker (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIApril 16, 2018
Great place to work. Really embracing lean and continual improvement. This is a great place to work if you are about moving the company yourself and the company forward. You are well rewarded through profit sharing and ESOP.
Pros
collaboration to make things better - benefits and profit sharing and ESOP. Nice facilities
Cons
Not a place if you don't like to work
Stay away!!!
doors (Former Employee) –  doorsMarch 12, 2018
The Management is the worst I've been around. They're run by a bunch of people that don't know or don't care about their employee's. They call us owners and then don't give us raises and the benefit of doubt. Take your skills somewhere else.
Cut throat
Sheet Metal Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 5, 2018
Worst ppl to worth with .... very one sided ....the management is terrible ...poor leads...management is full of emotional women who never had to actually work a machine...they hire and fire you to get the production off of you then fire you when its time for profit sharing ...they make excuses for ppl who cant fulfill there job title ...it really is a big scam the way there systems are set up
Pros
pay
Cons
10 minute break and a 15 minute break is all you get
No career advancement
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WI 53590August 23, 2017
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Pay for skills is another way of saying no raises. Terrible company and the owners should feel terrible that they under pay. The sheet metal union is a joke and they do nothing to help you but keep your job.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
2 ten minute breaks
Don't work here!
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 30, 2017
Horrible management!!! You will never get a raise here and the union doesn't support you at all. They promise you a ton of room for advancement, but that is few and far between and goes by seniority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trachte Building Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Trachte Building Systems, Inc. Reviews by Location