Tractor Supply Company
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Tractor Supply Company:

Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
When I started with the company they were a good place to work. They placed an emphasis on their "missions and values". That was six years ago and now the company has gone downhill. They have placed a greater emphasis on chasing the dollar at the expense of company morale. Their "missions and values" are still touted as being something that they follow, but they routinely work counter to them. All in all, I do not recommend taking a job at this company at this time.
The managers where under trained and had no clue how to run a store Returns where a joke and cash handling was worse I have ever seen Payroll was miss handle Trailer where resold Money missing missindb
Pros
Love what we sold
Cons
TSC never cares about the employee! They want you to put the customer first but at the same time they don’t give you the help to do that. It’s impossible to do with only 2 people in the store and get all your task done The poor chicks and ducks don’t get the proper care
Tractor supply Company was one of my favorite places to work, the company culture is great and the team is small and very efficient. I would definitely recommend them as a company. A great way to break into multiple job areas, they deal with hardware, farm supplies, clothing, animal supplies, and machinery.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedule, time off
Cons
Management could have been a bit better
I worked at Tractor Supply as a part time employee for about 3 months in the summer. While the co-workers were excellent, everything else was a poor experience. Pay was low and hours were long, often going up to 12 hour days. In addition, there were not enough employees, which caused everyone to be overworked. As a part time employee who signed up for 20-30 hours, I consistently worked 40-50 hours and worked on holidays due to the lack of people. Overall, a very poor work experience and one I would not recommend for anybody.
Pros
Good co-workers and managers. (overall)
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, not enough workers, toxic culture.
Tractor Supply Company is a wonderful place for you to learn and build skills in retail. It teaches you time management, leadership, and empowerment. Tractor Supply has many opportunities within their company.
Pros
Any advancement opportunities
Cons
Benefits could be better
The managers are all extremely kind, especially the district manager. You are given freedom to carry out tasks however you wish, but in a productive and effective way. I absolutely loved working with the customers that came in and out of those doors.
Pros
Friendly environment, Discounts
Cons
A/C and Heat in building is non-existent
From the moment you walked in until it was time to clock out, there was always something to do to keep you busy. The variety of products offered also helps you learn about new things.
Pros
always busy and being productive
Cons
compensation could be better for the work performed by employees.
I still enjoy working there. The only reason I plan on leaving is because the pay is to little. The people there are fun to work with and try not to make the job very stressful.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
There are none
This is a great place to work to learn about animals and farming. I learned a lot about farm equipment and learned how to drive a fork lift. Customers are usually very nice and you have a lot of regulars so there is a lot of friendly faces.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
no set schedule
Management didn't let me learn more in the store. My coworkers were rude and didn't know about personal space. They called me a liar for family accidents and death in the family.
Pros
They had awesome candy for sale.
Cons
They didn't understand family emergencies and family deaths
management was not great at all. There was no communication and the hours and flexibility was horrible. the crew members in charge were rude.
Pros
Cons
management