Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,732 reviews matching the search See all 2,746 reviews
Fun
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INMarch 21, 2019
Very chill place to work everyone is nice and gets the job done. Managers are cool and easy to work with. I can go to them about anything work isn't hard unless you make it.
Excellent place to work with great employees
Team member (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHMarch 20, 2019
The work can range from small and light to very large and heavy requiring a forklift to complete the task.
Also you learn to full propane tanks
Helping the customer to find the product they came to buy is of prime importance to the company
Pros
great discount
Cons
working outside in bad weather
Great Culture, good people, stressful hours
Assistant Store Manager / Temp Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 18, 2019
TSC is actually a fun, quick pace and "down to earth" place to work. The hours are a bit hard with a family, especially on weekends and holidays.

The staffing can be a challenge, and may require store managers to work some very long or odd hours to make up for shortage of help.

Most upper management is helpful, most customers are nice - but of course you will encounter the occasional hard head.
Pros
Competitive, Good Benefits
Cons
Holiday / Weekend Hours
Hated it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lockhart, TXMarch 18, 2019
I will never work there again. They tell you one thing in the interview and then all of that goes out the window when you get hired. At least in the lockhart store.
Pros
My Co-Workers were awesome!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Afton, WYMarch 18, 2019
Although I loved the company itself, at the time I was there the manager was, to say the least, horrid. They have since changed managers and I would have no problem going back to work for them.
Pros
Discounts
Stressful poor manager
Team Member (Current Employee) –  McCook, NEMarch 17, 2019
Manager does not know how to treat staff. Is Rude and very condescending. Each day going to work at the McCook store is like walking on egg shells. You never know for co-workers are going to get alone. Would no recommend the McCook store to anyone at this point. Other stores I am sure have better experience then the one here.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and poor manager
Poor Management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 16, 2019
Management can curse you out and be told it's hear say which gives them the ok to treat people the way they want also they hire convicted felons with theft charges
Poor
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 16, 2019
Assistant manager will tell
You to clock out immediately and yell over petty things that were not completed despite her knowledge of insisting you clock out. Assistant will hold you accountable for work you are not certified to complete ;
2 people , myself and 1 associate is an LP issue when running an Agricultural store and is terrible customer service
Pros
Like customers, love animals, enjoy most co-workers
Cons
Understaff- ASM will throw under bus
Fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Farmington, ARMarch 16, 2019
It is a fun place to work at but management was very poor. Management will choose to like you and keep you or dislike you and try to get you to quit or fire you if they do not like you.
great place to work.
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2019
This is a great place to work if you need a job. I loved everyone I worked with, including my managers. But unfortunately I was able to witness the overlooking of employee dedication of my peers by corporate TSC. Putting in the "extra" effort will not always get you noticed or appreciated regardless of the years under your belt.
Good, somewhat
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 15, 2019
Not much hours, manager is terrible with communication,however, not good with allowing vacation time. Schedule is (for me anyway) only two days a week, another week five days. I will be looking for a new job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication, Schedule, Manager
Great place to learn managerial skills
General Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMarch 15, 2019
Typical work day depended mainly on if staff came to work, 10hr day average, but could climb to 15hrs easily. One weekend off a month. Corporate mandated your schedule based on a Company standard not based on the needs of your business. Company initially had metrics to meet within the walls of your building which evolved into micro management of tasks over customer serrvice.
Pros
Salary plus opportunity for bonus monthly and yearly
Cons
micro managed all the way down to a egg timer to calculate tasks.
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEMarch 14, 2019
Everyday is different you just never know what's going to happen. Customers keep life interesting it's fun to help customers figure out their project needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
productive busy and rewarding
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVMarch 13, 2019
i loved working at tractor supply i was around the things i love and got to interact and help people just like me. i learned new people skills. and how to run a register fast and effectively. the manger at the time was very helpful and had a great attitude. the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers, which i learned how to deal with in a calm manner. but the good outweighs the bad its normally always busy and time fly's by. great customer service!
Pros
flexible hours
Fun place to work, everyone seems to care about you, until they don't.
Receiver/ Team member (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVMarch 13, 2019
During my 2 years within the company I suffered the loss of a store manager who died of a heart attack the next store manager was rushed to the hospital due to a brain bleed... I believe both incidents were indirectly caused by unnecessary pressure placed on their shoulders by upper management.
Great entry level job
Cashier / Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMarch 13, 2019
Great getting to bond with the customers and their animals, plenty of room to advance in the field. I worked and went to school and they were very understanding when it came to hours.
Pros
Friendly customers
Poor customer service
Cashier or Checker Stock Clerk, Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 13, 2019
Had several managers in a short period and they didn't know the job. There were favoritism and employees talked inappropriately in front of customers.
Team leader
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Nebraska City, NEMarch 13, 2019
I was a team leader. Aka Cashier with keys. We never had enough staff to cover hours. I often had to fake lunches aka work off the clock because scheduling was poor. Was never trained on 75% of what I should have been. I did the job of 6 different people almost every day. I wasnt able to do the tasks I was supposed to due to being stuck at the register. The only full time employees were management. The manager had no idea how to work in a store or set up a schedule. Only ever had lunch breaks. No other breaks. Often closed with 2 people with no one to run the fork lift. Price changes were never done because I was the only one that did them. The District Manager could see no wrong with his golden child of a manager. Most blame got put on me for everything that didn't get done. I was forced to close most nights. When I asked for a change in hours I get more closing shifts. They didn't care about the fact that I had animals to get home to. Not a friendly place to work.
Pros
15% discount.
Cons
doesnt care about you, poor hours, poor managment
A real "Mean Girls" atmosphere at my former store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 13, 2019
Only wanted 20 hours a week, got 30+, always closing or weekends. Nasty co-workers that enjoyed public humiliation if someone did something wrong. Very clique-centered store as most employees worked at another company that went bankrupt and they moved to TSC. Was told during interview that opens and closes were shared and that nobody worked both days of the weekend--that was a big fat lie! I was never allowed past the cash register to actually learn the product or store. And what bothered me the most: the ABUSE the chicks and ducklings endured. It was AWFUL! They came in healthy and were sick/dying within days. I watched a co-worker DROP 2 ill chicks from chest-high and laugh about them laying there. I couldn't stand the filth they were forced to live in and I wasn't allowed to intervene because I was "just a cashier."
Pros
Customers were fabulous
Cons
Co-workers SUCKED
Productive fun workplace with a basketball globe
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 12, 2019
I love tractor supply workplace. The supervisor are very understanding and considerate at the same time. Tractor supply plant managers always make sure we have small eating parties durning the holidays. I was well taking care of at tractor supply!
Pros
Keeping my production at100%
Cons
Very short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight