Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,050 reviews matching the search See all 2,063 reviews
productive fun and gratifying
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJuly 17, 2018
I enjoy working at TSC other than the low hours and not much advancement it was a great starter job. Management was fairly tolerable and I was usually able to negotiate some days off that I needed
It’s a very productive job, and everyone works as a team.
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVJuly 17, 2018
I would have loved to be given more opportunities out on the floor where I am constantly being active and always doing something. I don’t like to just be standing at a register all day unable to move about. For the most part everyone I work with is pleasant and hard working. There are a couple team members who can be the opposite at times, but overall it’s a great place to work. And I’ve enjoyed the time I’ve worked there.
Pros
15% discount, able to request time off, treats employees well.
Cons
Not enough hours each week.
a typical day at work
farm supply assistant/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIJuly 16, 2018
go to school. at lunch time go to work experience clan and dust merchandise and clean up hay bales,clean parking lot, dust mop store floor clean bath rooms
Pros
breaks
Cons
didn't last long
Stressfull Environment
Freight Team Lead (Current Employee) –  King George, VAJuly 16, 2018
Due to the current management at tractor supply co. the job there has become extremely stressful and the management doesn't care about family life and scheduling around it.
Pros
15% Discount
Cons
Some what relaxed setting, competitive an physically hard
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 16, 2018
I loved my job. Fun, friendly (Most of the time) busy at times an sometimes slow. Always new inventory for seasonal iteams that's exciting. Most everyone shows team appreciation an support.
Good Job
Team Lead/ Floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great environment with nice break room.Pay is fair. benefits could be better. Some tasks are labor intense. You have plenty of responsibilities. There is always something changing in the store center court. They are willing to teach and educate there employees.They and a mission and values plus ethics that is really a big part of the company.
Pros
flexiblibility
Cons
labor intense at times
It was fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 16, 2018
At tractor supply I learned to deal with people with all different types of cultures and attitudes. The managers had their rules but if you did your job right you never had to worry about anything.
TSC-A great place to work!
DC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 16, 2018
The overall job is arguably one of the easiest ones that I have had. Management does a great job of working with all members of the team and excels at listening.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Not a lot of autonomy
team member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALJuly 13, 2018
tractor supply company is a terrible place to work. there are rats. there are spiders. i was only paid eight dollars an hour and after a year n a half, my pay was bumped to eight thirty an hour.
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Highland, NYJuly 13, 2018
good professional workplace employees are nice and management is helpful . I have learnefd many things and is a good company to stqart off with and is a good sstaring job
Fun
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 13, 2018
Be ready to work At a fast pace and be a dedicated worker its a steady job the management team and regular team members are great its its overall a good job
Great Experience in Retail
Team Member (Former Employee) –  East Wareham, MAJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Tractor Supply because I am passionate about animals and all things farming, so it was easy to help people and feel successful when showing up to work and doing my best. The culture was fun without being excessively fun to the point where I didn't want to work, but it was overall a really great time.
I loved this place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
This was the best job I have ever had. The environment was great the people were great. I would work hear again in a heart beat. They were willing to work with the hours and find the best fit for the employees. If I could have gotten more then part time and more per hour I would have stayed forever.
General retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIJuly 12, 2018
Your standard retail environment. Pay is middling at best. You only start to make real money when you are at the store manager level via bonuses, monthly and annually. It is hard work, lots of moving pallets of feed by pallet jack and stacking literal tons of it by hand. Your customer base is rather antagonistic, more so than at other retail establishments.
Pros
customer pets
Cons
exhausting
Decent
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2018
This is not an ideal place to work if you want to be able to move up. Associates are allowed to play too much and very rarely get enough work done. They have very poor management. This would not be a long term place of work.
Pros
Long Breaks
Didn't like it
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXJuly 11, 2018
I did not like working at Tractor supply for one they hire people that have no clue about livestock or anything else. I think if your going to work around animal health you need to know about all of it.
Not a good balance of work and home
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 11, 2018
Not a good balance of work and home, could not seen to get a scheduled that balanced home life with work. was constantly having to ask for weekends off to spend time with my child.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Scedual
Fast paced working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work with the opportunity to learn something new everyday. I never realized how big the inventory was until I started working there. Time passes very quickly and you seem to never stop moving,it's a great workout .The best part of the job is meeting new people and their pets as well as learning about their animals , lifestyle and being able to help them by offering our products. I enjoy the variety of pets that we get to see daily.We are a small group of employees so you all work closely together. They offer great benefits and a 15% discount..
Pros
Great benefits, employee discount, large variety of products
Cons
Pay rate could be better, Short staffed
It is a nice place to work overall.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 11, 2018
No room for advancements. Need a secure job with benefits. Little hours available weekly. Nice and friendly place with friendly associates. Customers are helped from the minute they walk in until the minute they leave. Carry out help is offered.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
No benefits.
It’s a fun and fast paced retail setting
Shipping/Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJuly 10, 2018
I am the shipping/receiving manager and it’s a fun and exciting position for TSC. There are new and daily challenges every day but it’s worth it. It’s a different retail setting than most stores and it’s nice to be able to connect with the customers through similar hobbies like farming or gardening.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight