Tractor Supply Company

Found 4,386 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,409 reviews

Tractor Supply Company insights

Based on 1,717 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Company cares about investors only

The company has changed over the years . Some things have been for the better but now they focus on the investors . They need to hire more people but fail to increase payroll. Do more with less. Way to many boxes to check off than actually focusing on sales What you are doing is never good enough, sign people up for credit cards.

Pros

Your coworkers

Cons

High stress.

Management when I worked advanced male counterparts.

I enjoyed the team I led. I enjoyed the customers. Manager would always schedule the same no call no show employee on my closing nights. Two people to close.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Short staffed

Not terrible with good management

Job is relevantly easy as long as you have previous real life knowledge and broken. Management is a make it or break it type deal and in my case broke everything at my location. Too much work is required from night shift than compared to openers. However, the customers and coworkers create a nice culture overall.

Pros

Monthly bonus and benefits for pt time members

Cons

Heavy work load, short staffed, not enough time

Terrible management

From the store manager to the district manager, to the shipping managers, there was no cooperation and no control. The managers act unprofessional and we always had way too much stuff shipped to us, and it was never taken care of. The managers do not care about you, the customers, or the store. The bad management led to a terrible work culture.

Cons

Bad pay, bad benefits, terrible work culture, even worse management

Good for a first job!

Great Training. They have a strong and positive culture they stick to as far as management goes. We had to go through propane training to fill tanks (dangerous), climbing large ladders in the stock room carry up to 80lb bags, using a tramrail, cash register, operating a forklift, the list goes on for 9$ an hr. i believe the wage could of been a bit higher. but overall learned a lot and it was a great environment.

Pros

Company Culture, learn a lot

Cons

wage

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Its a decent comapny to work for.

I have enjoyed my time with Tractor. The receiver has a lot of responsibilities and plays a big part in accurate inventory. Its pretty easy to stay busy and the schedule is great.

Pros

Bonuses

Always productive, fun, and cool place to work

TSC is a great place to work, the environment is great, and usually the people that work there are cool people! There’s always work to be done, and you learn a lot there!

Don’t do it

Like any retail job, it sh*ts on your home life and raises your stress levels. The upper management doesn’t give a d*mn about its little people and despite making Black Friday level sales during the worst of the pandemic, they still didn’t pay a living wage.

Hard work for unfair pay

Working at TSC you unload heavy freight at times, they rush you to get your job done which puts stress on you all while your dealing with customers and pushing extra sales, and credit cards on people. Then after you’re good and wore out, they want you to throw 50# bag after 50# bag of dog food on the shelf before your shift is done. The pay is terrible, and then you find out that someone that has been there way less time than you makes more is a slap in the face. The pay is unfair, if the manager likes you more you’re guaranteed higher pay. For as Physically demanding as the job is it should definitely pay more. Heavy lifting and back breaking work for so little pay is not worth it!!!!

Pros

Discount

Cons

Pay

Rude & dishonest store manager has been replaced by someone much better.

Unpredictable schedule, low hours,New store mgr. & asst. mgr. are fair, honest & helpful to customers and employees,Nice coworkers, fun customers

Pros

Get to see & pet a few customers dogs, comfortable temperature.

Cons

4 & 5 hour shifts which average 15 hours per week

Jobs at Tractor Supply Company

See more jobs

Great co-workers

Great people but understaffed. You'll find that a lot of weekends you work, there are not enough workers to keep up with the customers. Other than that it is a great place to work.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Understaffed

We're treated like family and work as a team

Our team as a whole works in unity to get things done. Our management goes above and beyond to make sure we all feel appreciated for the hard work we're putting in. I have no complaints about working for this company and plan on being with them for a very long time.

Great Place to Grow

Great place to work. There is a definite sense of team here. Upper level managers appreciate you as a person. I am given the support I need to succeed. It is a very physically demanding job at all store positions. You certainly know you have earned your pay daily! Great pay and bonus incentives.

Pros

Pay, bonus, feeling of team.

Cons

Some work, home life balance issues at times

Another retail job...

I was initially excited to work here but that soon changed when I seen how things were ran. The store manager is never there and still gets paid for it. Very understaffed and all the work gets put on you especially when your coworkers call in which is always a given. This past Sunday only 3 people (including me) were running this store. Severely underpaid. I am doing physical and mental labor and barely getting paid for it. Not worth breaking your back over.

Pros

Chill environment

Cons

Underpaid, understaffed, strenuous labor

Pretty decent place to work. Not for the lazy folks who don’t want to work.

All I do is run a pick list and put feed out. It’s pretty self explanatory and it’s a good bit of work but it’s a honest job. Tractor supply is a great place to work.

Pros

The work isn’t that bad

Cons

Needy Customers

Good for gaining retail and agriculture experience

Quality of work depends on management. Customers are usually nice but can be very difficult and entitled. I enjoyed working with customers, but on freight days I felt that we were understaffed. The freight team typically works from 6-2:30, and from 8-12 or 2:30, they are the only ones available for customers. This massively slows down the freight process, as team members are constantly being called away to help with customer needs. I think it would improve morale and swiftness of work if an extra two or three people were scheduled for work on freight days.

Pros

Camaraderie, Discounts

Cons

Poor management

Always a number. Never a voice.

This is specific to the Hagerstown DC. This is a culture of management whom think they are Bourgeoisie while the employees are the Proletariat. They tell mistruths all the time. The operate as a click and will terminate anyone with a voice. Don't look at corporate for help. HR is business partners to protect them from the atrocities against the employees. They place the game to keep morale up, but in the end they really do not care. They play the community be giving away damaged or old inventory to make them look good. Many have come as groups from other businesses and spread their cancer. They do annul surveys, but do not listen. Corporate needs to shake up this place and stop announcing visits. They need to dig deep into the turnover rate. As they know one person can make or break a place, and that one person is a actually a group HR and upper management.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Was a great place to work

Started out as a great place to work. New management this year is more interested in numbers and credit cards. Over the past year with covid, there is no relief help. Kids have little to no work ethic. Calling into work sick every week. Management has little to no help but is still expected to finish the tasks at hand. Stores are severely understaffed with very few applicants for hire. If your willing to work it's a great place but far too many apply and think they can just sit around and talk all day. Not going to happen here

Pros

Bonus plan

Cons

severly under staffed, constant call outs

Good company, forgotten principles

They don't really champion efficiency. They expect quite a bit to be done each week with a skeleton crew. You never truly feel like you're caught up. Now they have receivers scrubbing floors on recovery day, which makes zero sense as the receiver position is one of the busiest positions, not to mention trying to scrub floors when the recovery team is in the way is quite counterintuitive . Receiver is considered a management position but the pay says otherwise. Would make more sense to have the cleaner scrub the floors. Freight process is a joke (what works at some stores won't necessarily work at all) and would be much more efficient if they had a night crew dedicated solely to freight, rather than a freight team trying to fill shelves with a store full of customers. District manager is awesome, store manager is hit or miss. Pay is pathetic for what is expected of you. You're expected to do your job and then some (loading 20 50 lb bags of feed or wood pellets into a customer's vehicle). Therefore it stands to reason that they should be paying more than they are that's their biggest problem. Corporatee does actually care about employees. TSC is a great company to work for, just some small kinks that need to be worked out.

Pros

Coworkers, free lunches often, bonuses

Cons

Management, chick days, excessive freight, low pay

Its pretty good.

Had a lot of fun with the coworkers. They were super nice and helpful. However, I was getting paid much lower than all of my other coworkers. I was making $3 less an hour than what starting pay was. And I asked for a raise and they had told me they don't give any raises, then a few months later, got a new manager who told me she could give me a raise.

I love working here.The employees are great, management is great, and the pay is competitive. It is also easy to move up with the company and you get monthly and yearly bonuses and raises

benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K
1.2K
1K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tractor Supply Company.
Powered byComparably

Compare Tractor Supply Company with

• Tractor Supply Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?