Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Tractor Supply Company was a great place to work. The leads are driven to lead and are always focused on the customer. Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to get along with. We worked as a team to get things done and had a lot of fun for working. I learned a lot about sales and gained confidence moving forward. Bring your patience for the few impatient customers and bring your strong legs because you'll be on your feet standing or walking around the store. I thoroughly enjoyed working there for the upbeat atmosphere and the excellent customer service we all provided our customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great atmosphere
Cons
Primarily standing and walking for hours at a time, a few unruly cuustomers
Great place to work!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA/ New Boston TexasSeptember 22, 2018
By providing legendary customer service , your customers keep coming back to see you. I had the privilage to work in two of their stores, in two differant states. Do to non development of my training i chose to move industries. If they would have continued to train me i would have stayed. I love the Company .
Pros
Advancement opportunities are plentiful.
Cons
You must have managers willing to take the time to properly train you, not other team members
Easy to get along with employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 20, 2018
Nice customers, easy to get along with. Fast work pace , flexible hours. Discounts up to 15% . 30 min lunch breaks . Management well put together , fun co workers
Pros
Discounts
it is an Okay place not Great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLSeptember 20, 2018
They demand far more than they are willing to pay you for. You belong to them 100% They are unfair to Store Managers and have unrealistic Sales and labor goals
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 20, 2018
I loved my job there. Great people, great products and great opportunity for growth! The hours were great and I met a lot of great people while employed at this location. I enjoyed working the cash register, sales floor, doing load outs and freight.
Slave driving
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCSeptember 20, 2018
my experience with Tractor Supply Company was the worst professional working experience I have ever encountered. I would not work there again if they paid me twice what I made when I was let go and work half the hours. The management was indifferent at the anagement level, and the customers as well as management expected unreasonable performance at the individual level, and the pay was not fair for the work you were expected to perform.
Pros
Discounts, schedule.
Cons
Staffing, management, customer interaction.
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Siler City, NCSeptember 19, 2018
It was a fun place to work from time to time but their policies and politics don't match. Not everyone gets the same training and a lot of times you're just thrown to the wolves to figure things out for yourself. People aren't held accountable for failure to perform, etc but you're expected to pick up their slack. The rules are made up as they go, so to speak. They don't always promote within. Salary is less than desireable and could stand improvement.
Fun work enviroment, would high recommend as a starting/first job.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Must offer great costumer service.
Always finish what you've started.
Great work environment.
Very understanding management.
Always be on time, work hard.
Pros
Not too demanding
Cons
Slightly low staffed
not the best place
Store Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VASeptember 18, 2018
They would always change your schedule. The managers did not know how to treat their employees. Rather than having someone that was trained for the position they would just promote people who didn't deserve it/didn't know what they were doing from the beginning.
Great Company
Purchasing Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Worked as a contractor. The team and company I worked with was GREAT! Great work, life balance. Management listens and understands the employees. I recommend this company to anybody on the job market.
I didn’t really care for working there
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I didn’t really care for working there. It was to fast pace for me. And this isn’t really the field that t wanted to go int any way. The money isn’t supporting me.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Short lunch
Great culture
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Company has a great culture, and depending on your team it can be a very pleasurable place to work. Often labor hours are low, depends on time of year and DM requests.
Pros
Very involved work
Cons
Stressful with low labor hours
Easy going work place
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Good place to work but can't live on the pay in this area. Laid back environment. Good managers. Great customers. Cute chicks and ducklings to take care of.
big corporation where everyone is replaceable
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CASeptember 13, 2018
A typical day at work starts you off short staffed in the mornings (3 people), slightly better coverage in the middle of the day, and short staffed at night (3 people). Lunch coverage was always difficult because you become even more short handed. If you are one of the managers on duty (usually only one in the morning, one at night, some cross-over in the middle) your lunches are frequently interrupted. Don't count on your ten minute breaks either, those just don't happen. The customers are wonderful, its a specific crowd that shops at TSC and they are people who all have farming/ animals/ ranching/ in common. Lots of theft unfortunately mixed in with the good customers. Managers on duty are expected to perform a plethora of tasks (price changes, stock resets, ordering feed, supervising employees to make sure their tasks are done, operating the forklift, etc) in a rushed amount of time while also catering to all customers, phone calls, and directing employees who need assistance. On top of everything, they also are required to have a pristine store at the end of the night, ready for opening the next morning. The amount of responsibility and stress that is put on the managers is not nearly compensated for by the sad amount of pay they receive.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
last min scheduling, bad pay, stressful work environment, short staffed
great experience just to say I did it
Team Member - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 13, 2018
trying to balance out customers checking out, phone calls coming in, load orders for the front or back area. learned about animals, farming, different types of feed and hay. It was a fun place to work. So much to learn about animals and farming. The hardest part of the job was loading the bales of hay. They were pretty heavy.
Pros
good benefits and commission monthly
Cons
wear your body out over time
Fun Place to be!
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Glenpool, OKSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day is stocking the feed for the livestock, checking out customers at the register, and helping customers with carry outs. I learned how to approach customers and the proper way to provide assistance. The management it great. The hardest part of the job has to be all the heavy lifting. Most enjoyable is working with my co-workers and being around the customers. It's a very great environment.
Pros
Long Lunches, don't get mad when you have to leave early for a personal issue
Cons
Just an ok retail sales position
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, PASeptember 12, 2018
Its an ok job.
Retail sales, need I say more.
Management was ok
Employees werent so great, slackers
I wouldnt go back if I needed a job.
Pay rate on the lower end
Very stressful, physically demanding, and not a great work environment.
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NESeptember 11, 2018
It's simply a place where I wouldn't want to work again. It was very taxing in multiple ways, management wasn't in tune with the environment they were creating, and it just burned me out over time.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, LASeptember 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Opportunities for advancement. Full time team members are offered medical benefits. All team members get bonus when sales are over plan
Pros
Company rewards for good work
Cons
Usually not enough staff to take care of all projects and customers
Terrible work place
team member (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 11, 2018
no commuication, lots of gossip and assumptions, flexiable on work hours, some other employees were ok, customer were nice, the hardest part of the job was watching alot of favortism.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
not professional at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tractor Supply Company.