Tractor Supply Company Employee Reviews

Great workplace! Fun with great pay.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXDecember 12, 2017
I would definitely recommend anybody to work here. Great managers, and a great workplace environment. Sometimes it was fast-paced, but sometimes it was a little slow. Perfect for first-time workers who think they can work hard.
Pros
Good pay, great people, easy job
Cons
Some rude customers (as to be expected in retail), didn't really get breaks
Worst job ever
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Waco, INDecember 11, 2017
The management team does not accept responsibility for any actions. Not paid enough for the work that is done. They get rid of good employees to cover up there mistakes
Usually steady, and relaxed. but can be stressful
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNDecember 9, 2017
as it is a good place here, I this just isn't my style of work, as i am heavily into technology. I felt very comfortable with my co-workers, and i loved the customers!
Not a fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VADecember 9, 2017
Tractor Supply could be a wonderful company to work for. Everything is like a game to them. You have to play along and keep management happy. Your performance does not dictate whether or not you advance in the company. It is all based on your manager's opinion of you.
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 7, 2017
It is slow paced and relaxed but very male favorable environment and no benefits. I had issues with the employment of minors that were not able to fully do their job, promoting drama and the lzainess of other employees.
Pros
relaxed
benefits
Management needs improvement
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIDecember 6, 2017
Management wasn't the best and there was a lot of back stabbing and two faced management positions. All management position trying to be evil and two-faced to the other management position.
Poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 5, 2017
My most recent manager was always neurotic, and made working there extremely stressful and a whole shift of feeling like you were walking on eggshells. When I would have problems with coworkers, he would always fail to address it, and would sometimes schedule me for 10 days in a row with only a day off afterwards.
Pros
Good discount and good products
Cons
Poor management and rude co workers
Easy work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NYDecember 1, 2017
The job was easy and the management was great, always looking to help you improve. The hours were ok as kong as you had the availability. Customerd where nice and polite
A stressful and challenging environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MENovember 30, 2017
A typical day consisted of being understaffed for the amount of foot traffic that entered the store. The retail locations aren't allocated enough payroll hours to accommodate the kind of customer service our team, and I strive to provide. An average day consisted of three people to cover the cash, answer all calls within three rings, greet and assist all customers who entered and fill propane tanks (which is a full-time job in itself); while providing carry and forklift load outs and unloading delivery trucks. I learned that all you can do when working under such daily stress is provide your team and clients your individual best.You can't please everyone all the time, but you can try! My manager was fantastic, and we worked well together to create a top-notch team. The workplace culture is strong but is difficult to achieve the kind of work/life balance they deem important. The hardest part of the job was the constant shifting of hours to accommodate our continuous shrinking payroll budget. The team gets stretched too thin, and attitudes tend to sour under such conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interactions with customers and their pets. Helping them with whatever needs that pet parents require. I miss my team and regular feed customers as well. The Oxford location is a unique and busy store.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Staffing doesn't equal customer need
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Helotes, TXNovember 29, 2017
Great atmosphere and great people. Hours are good for part time employees. Great benefits and very understanding that family comes first in my life. Management was very good.

Want to know more about Tractor Supply Company?

Ask a question
Unproductive no fun all business work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 28, 2017
I will quit this job as soon as I find another one I really hate tractor supply at least the one I work at low pay demanding work average raise is about 20 to 40 cent a year if your fortunate enough to get the 40 cent or somewhere in between company sucks all the way around. Macon DC JUST FIRED GM
Pros
Cons
A lot
Its an enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYNovember 27, 2017
A typical day there wasn't one every day was different. The management was good you could always go to them with any problems concerns or questions you might of had at the time. The workplace is enjoyable. The employees are always willing to help each other out no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job i thought was at times was trying to multi-task while being at the register and cashing people out. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and meeting new people that came in to shop.
Management doesn't care and our raises are pennies
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILNovember 27, 2017
A raise is literally a few pennies and the store is like a zoo. The management doesn't do anything about it, the sales are going down the drain.One of the managers even cusses out customers and workers but the Store Manager and above does nothing.
Cons
All of it
Face paced and stressful
Fork Lift Driver/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KY 42134November 27, 2017
Good place to work but it’s stressful and some times over whelming. They do things to make ur job simple and less stressful. Always willing to cross train and move you around.
Cons
Work hours.
30 minute lunch
Reciever/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Benbrook, TXNovember 26, 2017
Fast pace environment with lot to learn about this position. Would like to work more hours than I'm assigned. I'm willing to learn more and continue education is always offered on a monthly basis as well as going to help out in other stores when help is needed. I enjoy helping out customers and trying to do the best job that I can every day of work. looking for new ways to improve the job is always a plus and welcomed by management.
Pros
30 minute lunch, let you off for doctor or dental appts.
Cons
health care benefits
love love love
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNNovember 25, 2017
you cant go wrong for a first job they are great in every way, wonderful to their people and really care about customers. and will do anything to go above and byond and they notice the loyal people both employees and customers
Great Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Price, UTNovember 25, 2017
Working at Tractor Supply has been the best opportunity I have had in a very long time. They are fair, competitive pay and fun to work with! The staff are wonderful people who genuinely care about each and every customer that walks through out doors. We put customer care first and live that through out culture at Tractor Supply.
Pros
Amazing staff, positive culture, management that works with you, management that cares, working with animals, meeting new people, etc.
Cons
There is really no cons, you make your job what it is.
Cut throat
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 21, 2017
Managers fine greatly care about employees, they see them as replaceable. Customers are allowed to treat employees terribly and if they complain about you for not kissing butt, you get talked to and written up and told it’s your fault. It’s always guilty until proven innocent
Busy and productive work area
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLNovember 21, 2017
This was an upbeat face paced place to work. Great customers and lots of workload to stay and keep busy. Management is good and trying to turn the store around for the better. Some things that they could work on is hiring more people so we are not always short staffed and be aware of in and out times, because a majority of the time we were busy or too much unfinished work that you would not get off at your scheduled time. Other than that if I didn't move I would still be working there.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
The schedule
Tractor supply
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tractor supply TiltonNovember 20, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work but the management was like a revolving door. I had 4 managers in a year and went through at least 2 dozen team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.