Tractor Supply Company Culture reviews

Found 528 reviews matching the search See all 2,482 reviews
Back breaking unless you were Manager's pet.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKDecember 12, 2018
The management team was a culture of liars and slackers...each covering the other's backside by throwing employees under the bus when the @#$% hit the fan. During my time the manager and assistant lied to employees, customers, vendors, the district manager and service providers.
Appeals to the district manager, help desk, and Human Resources regarding the lies were ignored.
Seven people came and left during my six months at the store. They were given little, to no, training; thrown on the register; and then criticized for their mistakes. (One of the Store Managers' responsibilities is to promote TSC as the "employer of choice.") What a crock!
When the customer lines backed up, the cashiers would appeal to the four managers standing at the customer service desk talking for hours only to be told to handle it themselves.
Employees are forced to work without breaks or lunches because the company short-staffs the morning shift to save on labor.
I could not find any level of management that would deal with the corruption as the company guaranteed it would in its policies.
During my 43 years in the work force I have never seen a company managed as shamefully as TSC. It's a sad commentary on business in the United States.
Pros
Employee discounts, holidays
Cons
Corrupt management
Decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boonville, INDecember 4, 2018
Really nice people, decent atmosphere. Work was hard, but it paid alright. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you're motivated to go places. Decent place.
Slow work place, fun co workers
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHDecember 3, 2018
I loved working with the people I worked with but the management sucks. Wish things were different but I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. The part time people were funny and cool though
Pros
Coworkers
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 3, 2018
I highly enjoyed working at tractor supply! Management was super flexible with my schedule. Everyone i worked with was super friendly. I would love to work here again.
Fun workplace and great people to work with
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 3, 2018
I have had a great experience working at Tractor Supply. I have never really had any problems working there. My manager was great, he got along well with everyone.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
There is really no cons
Eh
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 30, 2018
Its an okay place to work at. Pay is really competitive for the area and there are shift differentials to make working the night shifts more appealing. They offer 4 different shifts, two 10 Hour shifts, Monday - Thursday 6:30am-4:30 pm and 8p-6a and then two twelve hour shifts, Fri-Sun 6p-6a and 6a-6p. They offer a lot of overtime as well for people who seek out those opportunities.

Paid breaks
Smoke area
Plenty of parking
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Benefits aren't the best.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLNovember 29, 2018
You work hard at a fast pace.you have your regular customers on a daily basis,you get to know them on some what of a personal level. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers
Good company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 27, 2018
Great Compnay to work for. Company culture is good and promotes positivity. Chance for advancement is available. Can be stressful at times but also very rewarding.
Pros
Good company, pet friendly
Cons
Poor benefits/expensive, no PTO unless your in management.
Work hard
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 25, 2018
I loved the way I could help people when others wasn't around. I love putting things together and making sure things were assembled right. The team members were great people to work with and management was great. They made sure we had help
Pros
Discounts
Cons
They should pay more
Rewarding and fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 20, 2018
As a Team Member yours days would consist of customer service, stocking, cleaning and cash handling. The workplace culture was have fun while you make money. The hardest part of the job is when it was slow and you were tied to the front of the store.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Not getting a lot of hours
A Hoot to Work Here!
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMNovember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers here and all the animals! I hated to leave there. The discounts we got were great. the people there actually live by their mission and values. honest hard working co workers are the best ever!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Hard work
great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNNovember 15, 2018
TSC is a good company to work for but I wish their pay scale was more competitive with the businesses around them. This would allow them to hire that appropriate number of staff to maintain store quality and take care of customer needs.
Work focused and little part-time opportunity.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 14, 2018
While one may assume a typical day at work would be consumed with helping customers, it was not. Typically, I would work exclusively loading feed bags and freight with little customer interaction. The workplace culture was alright. The one saving grace of Tractor Supply was the good management team.
Pros
discounts, management, breaks
Cons
Dirty, heavy feed bags, 5am shifts
Productive and fun place to work .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
Great place to work . Full of fun people and very nice customers. Very bless to be working at TSC! I would recommend the job to anyone especially college students .
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Good companywith benefits.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCNovember 12, 2018
Good company to work for with some opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate..the pay needs to be a little more competitive. It is also a very physical job.
Pros
Chance to learn a lot about farming and outdoor equipment.
Cons
Problems keeping people.
poor workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 12, 2018
did not learn anything
poor management
workplace was not the best
no enjoyable part in the job
no hard parts in the job
always having to clean up after dogs
nice place to work
Customer Service and Cashier (Current Employee) –  York, PA 17404November 9, 2018
TSC is a nice to place to work. Most of the co-workers are good people. There are some managers that need more knowledge on hoe to properly perform their duties. Most of the customers are nice. It is enjoyable to see the different dogs an other animals that come through the doors.
Productive workplace
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INNovember 8, 2018
TSC is a very productive work place where I learned a lot about management and a new role i never saw myself being in. The workplace in general is great and everyone is super relaxed but depending on your location or position in the company the other managers do not do their job to their greatest ability.
Productive but stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 7, 2018
Typical day is very long and lots of heavy lifting
I’ve Learned to deal with unqualified adults
Management is very poor
Work culture very stressful
Dealing with management and heaving lifting
Great place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Liberty Hill, TXNovember 6, 2018
I loved working here! Everyone was super friendly and we all got along! It was a normal paced store and we never stressed about it being too busy! Normal customers are great because you always remember them!
Pros
Great breaks
Cons
Standing in one spot for awhile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight