Tractor Supply Company Culture reviews

Found 597 reviews matching the search See all 2,748 reviews
productive busy and rewarding
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVMarch 13, 2019
i loved working at tractor supply i was around the things i love and got to interact and help people just like me. i learned new people skills. and how to run a register fast and effectively. the manger at the time was very helpful and had a great attitude. the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers, which i learned how to deal with in a calm manner. but the good outweighs the bad its normally always busy and time fly's by. great customer service!
Pros
flexible hours
Great entry level job
Cashier / Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMarch 13, 2019
Great getting to bond with the customers and their animals, plenty of room to advance in the field. I worked and went to school and they were very understanding when it came to hours.
Pros
Friendly customers
Wonderful people to work with
Customer Service (current employer) (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMarch 7, 2019
Absolutely love our customers plus it's good hard work that is fun if you make it. The management is wonderful and fun to work with along with the rest of the staff. The best part of the job are the customers and of course the dogs that come in, along with the occasional goat/bunny. The hardest part of this job... no such thing.
It is part time employment but they are willing to work with you if you have another job/school as long as your schedule isn't too "difficult."
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Not a bad place but not all that great either.
Consolidator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 5, 2019
Working culture is sort of bad. Employees don't get along. Can affect working environment. Employees frequently don't get along, hard to advance, no real leadership.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Working culture. Employees/Supervisors don't get along.
Stressful environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Spindale, NCMarch 2, 2019
Management has no clue what is happening and simply ignores the team. A typical day at work involves doing everyone else job and simply not enjoying the work environment.
It was an amazing place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALMarch 2, 2019
I loved working at Tractor Supply. I made new friends and met many caring customers. Also learned so much about animals. I would suggest working at Tractor Supply to anyone.
Great people to work with when you have a good crew , everyone has there mind and attitude set on getting the work done
Tractor supply Forklift / sales associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALMarch 2, 2019
For my part time job through my senior year I enjoyed the experience . The job was great and so were the workers everyone had their mind set and artifice great . We would get all of our take done very quick .
Productive and fun.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 25, 2019
It was a very fun and productive environment to work in I enjoyed every day at work. I was always showed gratitude for all of my hard work every day and every 90 days with a $.50 -$1.00 raise.
Fun, laid back environment with great home/work life.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 25, 2019
This is a very easy going, laid back job. It is flexible with home/work life. People are friendly and one of the many perks is when customers bring their furry friends. It’s a great place to work if you are an out door and pet lover.
Great first job, good people, good company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2019
I have worked for TSC. for two years loved it. the general manger that i had at the store i worked at was great the worked with my schedule and the also have great benefits good people.
Great work environment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 21, 2019
I really enjoyed being hands on at tractor supply, driving the forklift, stocking animal feed and helping customers. I liked the physical part of work, getting a work out at work. The competitiveness of store to store was enjoyable as well.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
N/a
Tractor Supply
Cashier, Stock, Clerk, Inventory (Current Employee) –  Madawaska, MEFebruary 21, 2019
I loved working at Tractor Supply. Coming from a farming background I could put my knowledge to use to customers who needed help. The customers were always nice and they made the day go by faster.
Was a very fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lucedale, MSFebruary 20, 2019
Was a very fun place to work at. Adored my customers and co-workers until new manager was brought in. He didn’t appreciate any of the workers and was just a rude man and very hard to work for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management is a joke most of the time.
Fun place to work or be a team member
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoyed being a part of the team at TSC. I realized working there how much customer satisfaction truly affects all company's and at TSC that's their number 1 goal. The environment working there was always comfortable, fun, and educational.
Pros
The overall environment
Cons
The stressful holidays
fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 12, 2019
i really enjoyed working here. great employees , management and customers. it requires lots of hard work and working together. very flexible and understanding.
Tractor Supply is a decent company but needs better management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 9, 2019
Job culture is bad due to the fact that they’re usually racist. There is a lot of unnecessary drama. The truth gets twisted a lot as well. Some people that work there aren’t very ethical, trustworthy or responsible. There is a lot of immaturity there and overall a nasty place to work.
Pros
Employee discount, paid vacation, decent benefits
Cons
Short/no breaks, employee shortage, poor management
Good stable Company
Agile Program Management IT (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 4, 2019
A strong company with very strong Brand Recognition and loyalty. A company in growth mode in the brick and mortar as well as online channels. No major competition and a lot of potential to grow further in the years to come
Pros
Growth mode, good profits, job stability, strong culture
Cons
Need to work on improving compensation and job advancement
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NM and Princeton, TxJanuary 28, 2019
I loved working for Tractor Supply Co.
I was extremely disappointed when transferring to The Princeton Tx location, just for the lack of a timely schedule. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers in the Hobbs NM location and the Princeton Tx location. The job itself was intriguing and I absolutely loved getting to engage with customers who would bring their pets.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Timely Schedule
Productive and a dynamic work culture
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Excellent management and support to employees interms of professional growth. Work culture in tractor is something that exceeds all the odds and pure professionalism.
Fast paced work and friendly staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed working there, the team I worked with was very friendly and did everything they need to do on time. The manager is very understanding about needing time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight