Tractor Supply Company Culture reviews

Good pt job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 12, 2018
Loved working here, but all employees hours are getting cut. Great management & have met a lot of people. The team made it a blast too work, no matter what’s was going on. Good vibes.
Average
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 12, 2018
I worked full time in the summer while I was not in college and I worked 5 days a week. When I switched to part time, they scheduled around my schooling.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Competitive pay.
Needs a lot of work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 10, 2018
If you like working with people or flexible schedules then go for it. But if your looking for a company that shows they care about their employees or what their customers actually want or if you're looking for competitive wages go elsewhere. The best experience I have had was the smiling customers and being able to get a specific day off when I needed it
workplace integrity
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 4, 2018
Fun work place serving agriculture customers.
Always a learning process.
Management encourages teamwork.
working hard,and having fun,with high standards and integrity.
Pros
working with farming community.
Cons
health care
It is a great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 3, 2018
Working at tractor supply has been great. I work with great people and have a great manager. I would highly recommend for a first job, they are very helpful in teaching you everything you need to know.
Pros
Will work around your school schedule
Cons
Short breaks, stand in one place all day
Productive and Fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 2, 2018
All the coworkers get along and it makes the day go by faster! I've learned how to deal with angry customers and how to calm them down and work with them.
High paced friendly employer
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCSeptember 27, 2018
Animal knowledge is a plus. Great place to work. Great management that don’t treat you as if your below them. Really care for the community and do whatever is possible to ensure customers are taken care of. Definitely a go to place for anything that is needed
Great Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 27, 2018
Really enjoyed my time at Tractor Supply. People were great, work environment was great. Really wanted to move up in the company but the opportunity did not present itself.
Hard work for the pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Great co workers, lousy upper management. Corporate really slashed payroll the last 6 months I was there, and there were never enough of us working to get the job done. Usually 2 crew and 2 or 3 managers, who liked to do manager stuff and not help with Getting the job done
Pros
Great customers and other team members
Cons
low pay, few benefits
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 20, 2018
I loved my job there. Great people, great products and great opportunity for growth! The hours were great and I met a lot of great people while employed at this location. I enjoyed working the cash register, sales floor, doing load outs and freight.
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Siler City, NCSeptember 19, 2018
It was a fun place to work from time to time but their policies and politics don't match. Not everyone gets the same training and a lot of times you're just thrown to the wolves to figure things out for yourself. People aren't held accountable for failure to perform, etc but you're expected to pick up their slack. The rules are made up as they go, so to speak. They don't always promote within. Salary is less than desireable and could stand improvement.
Great culture
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Company has a great culture, and depending on your team it can be a very pleasurable place to work. Often labor hours are low, depends on time of year and DM requests.
Pros
Very involved work
Cons
Stressful with low labor hours
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, LASeptember 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Opportunities for advancement. Full time team members are offered medical benefits. All team members get bonus when sales are over plan
Pros
Company rewards for good work
Cons
Usually not enough staff to take care of all projects and customers
Enjoyable atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 4, 2018
Good place to work. Enjoyable atmosphere, good people to work with. The pay was too low. More good days than bad. Most customers were delightful. Learned a lot there.
Pros
Bonus when targets were met
Cons
Too low pay
core values
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNSeptember 3, 2018
nice place to work however they do not pay enough for good workers to apply. The hardest part of the job is not having enough people working to get daily tasks done. The people that work with me are reliable and close
Pros
discount on purchases
Cons
lack of leadership
Working hard, and having fun doing it.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIAugust 30, 2018
I have enjoyed serving the farming community. Teamwork, an important part of a workday. Sharing ideas and skills. I love learning about the product for sale.
family oriented work place
Georgia - Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAAugust 26, 2018
Working at Tractor Supply is nice, we have some amazing customers. The staff is very friendly and nice. If you need help they are there to help you, don't be afraid to ask questions, they like to see you want to know more about your job.
Fun place to work
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 20, 2018
I liked working here very much, the people are great that come in and shop and the people you work with are almost like a family and are always there when you need help. it was a evenly paced job that wasn't too hard.
Working at Tractor Supply
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAAugust 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Tractor Supply because it is competitive, interesting, and keeps me on my toes. My usual work day includes working the register, helping customers, and stocking the store.
Fun Place to Be
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCAugust 17, 2018
There are so many good things about this company that I doubt they'll be able to fit in this box. The community and friendliness of the other employees is astounding and wonderful. the culture around TSC is incredible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tractor Supply Company.