Tractor Supply Company Culture reviews

Fun Place to Be
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCAugust 17, 2018
There are so many good things about this company that I doubt they'll be able to fit in this box. The community and friendliness of the other employees is astounding and wonderful. the culture around TSC is incredible.
great place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHAugust 17, 2018
it was very easy to pick up on things at this company, I learned everything that I needed to know within the first couple of weeks and it was very easy to teach others what they needed to know and the easiest way to do it. the management was very nice and easy to understand. the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Pros
the customers, benifits
Cons
being treated poorly for being a young manager
Fun at times. Management is horrible
Warehouse Associate/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 14, 2018
Working for tractor supply was fun at times because of the customers and insteresting coversations. Co-workers were fun to work with but could tell there was issues amongst everybody. The GM is arrogant and not understanding at times.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management/Pay
Great starting/summer job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJAugust 13, 2018
I loved my time at tractor supply it was a fun job and eight hours never really felt like 8 hours. There was always things to do and for the most part the management was good. Great customers and great people working with you.
Fun work environment, Loved this job and the customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKAugust 13, 2018
I loved working here. The people and the customers were awesome, it just wasn't enough money. Employee discounts are great too. The only reason I left is for a higher paying job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not much money
Relaxing environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYAugust 9, 2018
Don't expect to get rich working at Tractor Supply but if you enjoy agriculture related work, it can be a fun and relaxing job. I enjoyed working shipping/receiving and forklift duties.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXAugust 6, 2018
Being the store Manager was good with TSC, the most enjoyable part of my job was our Upper Management . They were great to work for. The workplace culture was good and we learned a lot because we traineda lot.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Cons
Long Days, Long Weeks, Only one day off a week
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 5, 2018
I had an amazing work experience there, I worked for tractor supply for almost 4 years, pay is great but the PTO is even better. Great employees to work with, and very good culture.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
A lot of overtime
Enjoyable work with a good team
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSAugust 3, 2018
I started with little knowledge of the company. I really enjoyed my work environment in the beginning. But as of late, management isn't the best. It's hard working with management that came from outside and doesn't really know the culture of TSC. Overall the work is not hard and it's quite enjoyable.
Tsc
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, MIAugust 2, 2018
Was good at first loved everyone then it just went down hill from there.... the store is a great place to work at its the management that makes this job hard and stressful. I love tractor supply and the coworkers. its just not for me anymore.
Great environment
Staff Training and Development Team Leadership (Former Employee) –  LaGrange,txAugust 1, 2018
Great environment to work in. The pay could be more competitive but it was really enjoyable to go to work everyday. It is easy to move up in the company if you are a hard worker.
Good for a Low Paid Work-aholic
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Benson, AZJuly 31, 2018
- Open the store or take the deposit to the bank; work through tasks assigned by corporate task list and the manager; customer service and more customer service; lots of feed and hay bale load-outs; closing tasks with deposit preparation.
- I learned retail operations and learned about a retail mentality from my manager.
- I am considered as part of the store's management staff as a team leader, but actually I'm a team member with increased responsibilities.
- Customer service and sales dominate the workplace culture.
- Hardest physical part of the job is loading hay bales in the afternoon; hardest mental part of the job is being treated as a substandard person by the store manager.
- Most enjoyable part of the job is locking the front door after closing.
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay; lack of common respect from the manager
Fun and productive place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 26, 2018
The pay and hours aren't great, but the coworkers and management are friendly. Easy job overall. The customers are also very friendly most of the time.
Fun Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJuly 25, 2018
Tractor supply knows how to have fun and be professional at the same time. We have employee luncheons. Customers are repeat so you can have not only a professional but personal relationship with them.
Pros
Employee Luncheons
nice place to work
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 24, 2018
needs improvement in team member incintives ,promotions with in management needs more training in people skills also company need to have more oportunities for employee growth
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
treat people better
The Employees
Assistant Store Manager in Ephraim and ended (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTJuly 23, 2018
The employees can be a fun group to work with - but they also know when it is time to get work done, they get it done. As with every company, there are those few who will complain, but for the most part, they are good people.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful
amazing
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cordell, OKJuly 19, 2018
It's a great place to start building your retail career.I've met great people and love everyone ive worked with. definitely a great experience at my local tsc.
Some what relaxed setting, competitive an physically hard
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 16, 2018
I loved my job. Fun, friendly (Most of the time) busy at times an sometimes slow. Always new inventory for seasonal iteams that's exciting. Most everyone shows team appreciation an support.
It was fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 16, 2018
At tractor supply I learned to deal with people with all different types of cultures and attitudes. The managers had their rules but if you did your job right you never had to worry about anything.
TSC-A great place to work!
DC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 16, 2018
The overall job is arguably one of the easiest ones that I have had. Management does a great job of working with all members of the team and excels at listening.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Not a lot of autonomy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tractor Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tractor Supply Company.