Tradehome Shoe Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The Best Environment for growth
ASSISSTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 18, 2018
The company has the best environment that i have ever been apart of. The team really treats you like family and we all care about your growth. fun fast pace with unlimited growth.
Shoes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 2, 2018
As a part time seasonal employee it paid some bills and was not hard work. Boring at times due to lack of customers but pay was not great and no benefits for part time.
I absolutely love this career path
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 19, 2018
This can be the best job if you have the right Work ethic and if you comprehend the expectations as a store manager and company owner. After spending almost 4 years with this company I have still tolerated it even though I had to step down for family reasons and work for an absolutely horrible manager. All that being said even with the worst manager I still maintain my love and loyalty of this company.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 13, 2018
Awesome place to work with amazing opportunities. Helps you hone your craft and become a better sales person. Great work atmosphere and awesome support.
Effective Sales Teaching
Assistant Manager and Sales floor leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
The most useful area of this job was the taught sales techniques by the company. New perspectives were always welcome in trying to make sales. Management was very focused on the customers well being. Performance based job that lead to number of hours you were given .
Pros
Comission base
Cons
No holidays off, store open 7 days a week, high employee turn over, hours based on performance
Long Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
fun company to work for, however the long hours can become incredibly draining (60-65 hrs) . provides little to no free time for yourself, or significant others. HUGE BONUS if you can find an assistant manger willing to put in long hours as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no free time
It can be fun
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 25, 2018
This is a good stepping stone job it will teach you what you are willing to do for your job, however it will push you and if you let it it will snap you good luck!
Pros
discount
Cons
no lunch
poor management old school
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 13, 2018
Hated it there. Management was a joke. Corporate didn't give any tools to succeed. I was expected to work 50+ ours a week even though I was treated like poorly.
Cons
no breaks low pay
Fast paced, no breaks, long hours, no weekends off if wanting to make numbers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 6, 2018
I’ve been in sales my entire life and this was easily the worst experience I’ve ever had in sales. Nobody gets paid what they’re told, screws you out of commission, loong hours, no breaks at all and if lucky you have to eat on the fly in the stock room. Forced to work hours for management and they receive salary but you don’t unless you’re assistant manager which just means you’re the store managers hoe. Upper management does nothing but try to get numbers and push sales so performance doesn’t matter as long as you can clerk and get people to buy shoes. You’re forced to push shoes on people that they don’t want but HEY it’s all about the sale! Pooor job, slave wages, very poor management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor pay
Highly recomend for career focused people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 5, 2018
You get out of it what you put in it. You are rewarded for good effort, and are paid well as well. If you aren't a lazy bum, this is a good job with solid benifits.
Pros
Lots of shoes
Good Workplace for college Students
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 31, 2018
Great place to work at while in college, commission work a little weird. Won't make a lot of money there but enough to get by. I was there when Management was not very stable.
Pros
Work in mall, discounts?
Cons
Slow most of the time
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2018
I worked at Tradehome shoes seasonally while a full-time college student. While the nature of the job (retail) could sometimes be grinding, there was a great culture among the employees at our location and I always felt supported by the store manager. This was a great place to come back to on breaks from college and during the summers. This job helped me learn the basics of sales and excellent customer service, which is important knowledge for those wishing to pursue careers in business. While the pay was not great, it was enough for me to survive while a college student and I would recommend working at Tradehome to other high-school or college students.
'old-school' full service retail shoe sales environment.
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 18, 2018
Tradehome shoes teaches the necessary skills to be successful in any retail sales/management position. 100% employee ownership has created a distinct culture that reciprocates the dedication. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a truly satisfying solution to the customers needs.
Pros
attractive salary/benefits package
Cons
poor work/life balance
TradeHome Shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 11, 2018
Overall a typical day at TradeHome Shoes included exceptional customer service, helping customers decide which shoe would work best with their budget and need. I also worked the cash register and I am very familiar with how to work with new technology.
Employs very specific niche
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 22, 2018
Perhaps under different management my experience would have been different. Tradehome has a very specific type of employee and the less experience you have the better. If youre good at following a very specific way of selling, not thinking for yourself, and have no problem with a company that cuts corners on employee rights, give it a shot youll learn a lot. Great place for the novice 18 yr old who is interested in sales.
Pros
30% discount, easy going atmosphere, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor people management, no leadership, breaks are not outlined, very strict in how you sell
summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 20, 2018
While working at Tradehome Shoes, I enjoyed my job, gained a lot of knowledge about management and a lot about shoes. It sounds silly however there are a lot of brads of shoes that do a lot for our bodies and sometimes you have to pay to get a higher quality shoe that will last for longer. I had a fun time with my co-workers and customers.
great starter job.
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 12, 2018
tradehome taught me how to work with customer problems and find solutions to think outside the box. i learned how to move at a fast pace as well as communicate with my team.
Pros
discounts and fun work enviorment. laid back at times
Cons
job security benefits hours organization
Competitive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIApril 4, 2018
Good experience to have. It has a very competitive environment. Depending on your comfortability with the cutthroat nature it is either a great place to work or draining.
Cut throat
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 3, 2018
It is a cut throat company, especially with sales and the current state of the retail economy. I wouldn't recommend unless you are willing to relocate and potentially be stranded after relocation. If you are confident and good at sales however you may thrive at this company.
Fun Place/Good people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2018
Average paying job. But good job to receive sales experience and fun management and people to be working with. This privately own company is mainly looking for assistant managers and manager to over work and run their stores.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
low paying, mainly looking for ASM and Managers