Tradehome Shoe Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad manager, bad sales
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 13, 2018
There were so many problems working for this shady shoe company. My manager didn't respect me as an employee even after numerous cases of documented harassment.
Aggressive sales, low pay, physically demanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 7, 2018
Long shifts (up to 13 hours with 30 minute lunch break) no chairs, aggressive sales with high expectations, I had a good relationship with my store manager and a poor one with the regional manager. The pay was very low. You got 10% commission but low hourly pay and as an assistant manager, I was making 8.00 an hour. They are goof at promoting, I was there about 6 months before I became the assistant manager. It was laid back and I enjoyed the people that I worked with. They are great at customer service and enjoy making their customers feel like royalty. It was a good job for me as a part time worker but it was not a good full time job for me.
Pros
Great co workers, good discounts
Cons
low pay, short breaks, long shifts, physically demanding
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 16, 2018
High energy work environment with plenty of potential to make extra money when hitting bonuses. Customer service is the most important thing that a sales associate can have.
Tradehome Shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day was easy going but still remained busy. When a costumer walked in, they were always greeted with warm smiles and welcoming faces. We always strive for excellence with every sell and if it didn't happen then we evaluated what went wrong and why. A day would never be boring at Tradehome Shoes
Nice and Caring environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 25, 2018
Coworkers and customers are always nice. You get to meet lots of people. They aren't super strict, so you get to help customers in your own way, as long as it goes under a set of rules. Overall, nice environment.
Pros
Slight commission
Cons
Minimum Wage
Great Place to Work Your Way Up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 14, 2018
I worked for Tradehome throughout my college career. As a full time student I was not looking to advance in the company, but over 5 of my fellow co-workers went on to receive their own stores. I liked it as a flexible part time position, but if you are looking for a job to advance quickly then it is perfect! You have long days sometimes like most retail, but managers are paid a lot. Incentive pay is nice, and full time gets a lot of hours.
Pros
Advancement, Incentive Pay
Cons
Part-time hours fluctuate
Do not work here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 14, 2018
I had such a horrible experience.I do not reccomend working for Tradehome. Imagine going to work and not a single person walking in to buy shoes and then your manager doesn't schedule you because "you didn't sell". So at this job your schedule relies on customers. But my manager at Tradehome was very unprofessional to say the least....
Pros
its a job
Cons
no breaks, cut hours (not actually part time), 8.50/hr, forced to touch peoples feet when they dont want to be touched, being critiqued on every little flaw
family
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 12, 2018
I would say this was my favorite place to work. the environment was so nice and all the employees were awesome. My favorite part of the job was making each and every customer happy with their purchase
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I worked for Tradehome shoes as the Assistant Store Manager for almost three years. I loved making my own ideas for the teams to up-sell and meet our sales goal that would come in during the daytime, as well as night time. I did cash drops late at night, but was comfortable with it. I also was a keyholder, therefore, i was the only person to do cash drops, open the safe and ability to run the store and make sales for the first 3 hours without having to lose profit from giving hours that were not needed considering i could do it alone 6 days a week.
Pros
Ability to use creativity & business tactics for improvement
Cons
short breaks
full of liars and con artists
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2018
The people that own and manage this company are very deceitful. I was promised bonuses for recruiting and sales that I never saw. This was a horrible experience and I wish I would have never worked for Tradehome.
Pros
discounts
Cons
dishonesty, hours, racism
Great Place to learn the basics of how a company works and how to properly imporve yourself as a sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 6, 2018
I learned a lot at Trade Home while I was there for 2 years. I worked part time and full time hours. learned a lot about how to sale in a proper way. My favorite part of the job was having customers walk out satisfied and making connections with them
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
very short lunches
Poor pay, poor hours, poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIAugust 24, 2018
The manager would only allow a few 4 hour shifts a week no matter how much you wanted to work, even though they needed more help. They will only pay minimum wage to any employee that isn't a store manager, no matter how long you've worked there. You have to relocate to a location of the companies choosing to make more than $7.25 an hour. Every employee at the Rice Lake location uses drugs. It's a seriously unprofessional environment and not worth the money you make.
Pros
You can do drugs without worrying about being fired.
Cons
Everything else.
The Best Environment for growth
ASSISSTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 18, 2018
The company has the best environment that i have ever been apart of. The team really treats you like family and we all care about your growth. fun fast pace with unlimited growth.
Good People
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAAugust 7, 2018
Tradehome Shoes is a very lucrative work environment. There is a lot to be learned at any position in the company. Anyone looking to learn Sales, Marketing, or Customer Service would really benefit here.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad hours
Shoes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 2, 2018
As a part time seasonal employee it paid some bills and was not hard work. Boring at times due to lack of customers but pay was not great and no benefits for part time.
I absolutely love this career path
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 19, 2018
This can be the best job if you have the right Work ethic and if you comprehend the expectations as a store manager and company owner. After spending almost 4 years with this company I have still tolerated it even though I had to step down for family reasons and work for an absolutely horrible manager. All that being said even with the worst manager I still maintain my love and loyalty of this company.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 13, 2018
Awesome place to work with amazing opportunities. Helps you hone your craft and become a better sales person. Great work atmosphere and awesome support.
Effective Sales Teaching
Assistant Manager and Sales floor leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
The most useful area of this job was the taught sales techniques by the company. New perspectives were always welcome in trying to make sales. Management was very focused on the customers well being. Performance based job that lead to number of hours you were given .
Pros
Comission base
Cons
No holidays off, store open 7 days a week, high employee turn over, hours based on performance
Long Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
fun company to work for, however the long hours can become incredibly draining (60-65 hrs) . provides little to no free time for yourself, or significant others. HUGE BONUS if you can find an assistant manger willing to put in long hours as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no free time
It can be fun
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 25, 2018
This is a good stepping stone job it will teach you what you are willing to do for your job, however it will push you and if you let it it will snap you good luck!
Pros
discount
Cons
no lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradehome Shoe Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.