Tradehome Shoe Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced, no breaks, long hours, no weekends off if wanting to make numbers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 6, 2018
I’ve been in sales my entire life and this was easily the worst experience I’ve ever had in sales. Nobody gets paid what they’re told, screws you out of commission, loong hours, no breaks at all and if lucky you have to eat on the fly in the stock room. Forced to work hours for management and they receive salary but you don’t unless you’re assistant manager which just means you’re the store managers hoe. Upper management does nothing but try to get numbers and push sales so performance doesn’t matter as long as you can clerk and get people to buy shoes. You’re forced to push shoes on people that they don’t want but HEY it’s all about the sale! Pooor job, slave wages, very poor management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor pay
'old-school' full service retail shoe sales environment.
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 18, 2018
Tradehome shoes teaches the necessary skills to be successful in any retail sales/management position. 100% employee ownership has created a distinct culture that reciprocates the dedication. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a truly satisfying solution to the customers needs.
Pros
attractive salary/benefits package
Cons
poor work/life balance
Not amazing, not horrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2018
Tradehome shoes is not the worst place I've worked, the management is decent and its not a bad job. At times it's slow, but at other times there is to much to do. My biggest issue is not making the amount of money they said I would make. Was told I would make $700-800/week and barely made $600/week. Pretty disappointed. Not to mention there is no work/life balance. Working long hours and lots of them, usually 45-52 hours a week. Hard to get time off to do fun things in life.
Shoes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 2, 2018
As a part time seasonal employee it paid some bills and was not hard work. Boring at times due to lack of customers but pay was not great and no benefits for part time.
If you are a good sales person who has an incredible work ethic, then work here. if not, then you are going to get fired or quit in less than a month.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 19, 2018
If you are a good sales person who has an incredible work ethic, then work here. If not, then you are going to get fired or quit in less than a month. If you can hack it, then there is a lot of good money to be made working for this company, just keep in mind that you will work open to close 6 days a week and you will not a have a personal life during back to school or the holidays. This is not a job for the week of heart and it takes a lot to succeed, but if you are motivated by money, have no kids, other jobs, or significant other. Than this really is the best place to work.
Pros
You learn alot about yourself and how to sell to literally anyone.
Cons
you will work 65 hours per week and no days off for multiple months at a time.
Great Place to Work Your Way Up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 14, 2018
I worked for Tradehome throughout my college career. As a full time student I was not looking to advance in the company, but over 5 of my fellow co-workers went on to receive their own stores. I liked it as a flexible part time position, but if you are looking for a job to advance quickly then it is perfect! You have long days sometimes like most retail, but managers are paid a lot. Incentive pay is nice, and full time gets a lot of hours.
Pros
Advancement, Incentive Pay
Cons
Part-time hours fluctuate
Aggressive sales, low pay, physically demanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 7, 2018
Long shifts (up to 13 hours with 30 minute lunch break) no chairs, aggressive sales with high expectations, I had a good relationship with my store manager and a poor one with the regional manager. The pay was very low. You got 10% commission but low hourly pay and as an assistant manager, I was making 8.00 an hour. They are goof at promoting, I was there about 6 months before I became the assistant manager. It was laid back and I enjoyed the people that I worked with. They are great at customer service and enjoy making their customers feel like royalty. It was a good job for me as a part time worker but it was not a good full time job for me.
Pros
Great co workers, good discounts
Cons
low pay, short breaks, long shifts, physically demanding
Great atmosphere with excellent training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Great people to work for. There is always a fun environment with knowledgeable people who not only know how to treat people but they know the product they're selling. Excellent for those who don't mind relocating for advancement and dont mind grinding as a first year manager. There's no surprise when you come aboard, they let you know exactly what to expect. Also pay was increased substantially after I left.
Pros
Environment, training, great home office, Pay, benefits, relocation(for some)
Cons
Long hours, relocation(for some)
Highly recomend for career focused people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 5, 2018
You get out of it what you put in it. You are rewarded for good effort, and are paid well as well. If you aren't a lazy bum, this is a good job with solid benifits.
Pros
Lots of shoes
great starter job.
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 12, 2018
tradehome taught me how to work with customer problems and find solutions to think outside the box. i learned how to move at a fast pace as well as communicate with my team.
Pros
discounts and fun work enviorment. laid back at times
Cons
job security benefits hours organization

Want to know more about Tradehome Shoe Stores, Inc.?

Ask a question
Poor pay, poor hours, poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIAugust 24, 2018
The manager would only allow a few 4 hour shifts a week no matter how much you wanted to work, even though they needed more help. They will only pay minimum wage to any employee that isn't a store manager, no matter how long you've worked there. You have to relocate to a location of the companies choosing to make more than $7.25 an hour. Every employee at the Rice Lake location uses drugs. It's a seriously unprofessional environment and not worth the money you make.
Pros
You can do drugs without worrying about being fired.
Cons
Everything else.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2018
I worked at Tradehome shoes seasonally while a full-time college student. While the nature of the job (retail) could sometimes be grinding, there was a great culture among the employees at our location and I always felt supported by the store manager. This was a great place to come back to on breaks from college and during the summers. This job helped me learn the basics of sales and excellent customer service, which is important knowledge for those wishing to pursue careers in business. While the pay was not great, it was enough for me to survive while a college student and I would recommend working at Tradehome to other high-school or college students.
It’s was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNDecember 13, 2018
I worked at tradehome for ten months. I had to leave due to getting shoulder surgery. I liked the two managers I had but the third one not so much. My assistant manager was just mean, he expected me to do all of these things that I couldn’t do. It was hard, if we didn’t make our sales goal then he was mad. But my manager was nice and decent. The first manager was always trying to help me become a better salesmen. The second one was great also. The only down side would be if you don’t hit sales cost you don’t make good money.
Pros
Good Enviorment
Cons
Pay
Productive and enjoyable work space
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 21, 2018
I enjoy showing up to work each day because of the people I work with and the customers I help each day. I have learned a lot about how to be a good salesperson in my short time with Tradehome and plan to continue to grow as a salesperson throughout my career with Tradehome.
Long Hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
fun company to work for, however the long hours can become incredibly draining (60-65 hrs) . provides little to no free time for yourself, or significant others. HUGE BONUS if you can find an assistant manger willing to put in long hours as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no free time
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I worked for Tradehome shoes as the Assistant Store Manager for almost three years. I loved making my own ideas for the teams to up-sell and meet our sales goal that would come in during the daytime, as well as night time. I did cash drops late at night, but was comfortable with it. I also was a keyholder, therefore, i was the only person to do cash drops, open the safe and ability to run the store and make sales for the first 3 hours without having to lose profit from giving hours that were not needed considering i could do it alone 6 days a week.
Pros
Ability to use creativity & business tactics for improvement
Cons
short breaks
Pay is not enough
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 1, 2019
Pay your employees more money and they may stay!! I would not recamand working here. Discount is good. Hours too long. I felt like I had no life. If you have a family do not work here.
Pros
Discount
Do not work here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 14, 2018
I had such a horrible experience.I do not reccomend working for Tradehome. Imagine going to work and not a single person walking in to buy shoes and then your manager doesn't schedule you because "you didn't sell". So at this job your schedule relies on customers. But my manager at Tradehome was very unprofessional to say the least....
Pros
its a job
Cons
no breaks, cut hours (not actually part time), 8.50/hr, forced to touch peoples feet when they dont want to be touched, being critiqued on every little flaw
At Tradehome Shoes you are expected to do everything; for better or worse.
Store Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 21, 2017
As a manager at Tradehome Shoes my job is still primarily sales and not management. I am expected to lead my store in total personal sales volume every week, while still maintaining many other responsibilities.
I must show an increase over last years sales figures, no matter what. While trying to lead a sales team by being the best salesperson, I am also expected to manage my inventory shrinkage, market, advertise, merchandise, recruit, etc.
I have become proficient in all of the above areas, as a lack of perfection in any of them is met with threats of termination by upper management. This leads to an high level of stress on my position, but I am very good at maintaining a fun and exciting work atmosphere for my employees.
The hardest part of the job is working an expected 60+ hours a week with no additional compensation. Any decrease in sales figures, being short staffed, or having a messy looking store is met with threats of termination. I personally do not feel that this is a good motivator.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to lead and develop my own sales team. I love merchandising and being in charge of how my store looks.
Pros
Good benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
Long hours with no additional compensation, poor upper management
poor place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IANovember 14, 2018
Working at tradehome wasn't for me. I had a young manager who always left the store and didn't do much when I was there, and I literally worked open to close all the time and she was going to fire me or threaten my job because I had my grandmas funeral.
Pros
you get a discount on shoes, but not that you can buy gifts for more than one person a year (RUDE)
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradehome Shoe Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.