Tradehome Shoe Stores Employee Reviews

summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 20, 2018
While working at Tradehome Shoes, I enjoyed my job, gained a lot of knowledge about management and a lot about shoes. It sounds silly however there are a lot of brads of shoes that do a lot for our bodies and sometimes you have to pay to get a higher quality shoe that will last for longer. I had a fun time with my co-workers and customers.
Competitive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIApril 4, 2018
Good experience to have. It has a very competitive environment. Depending on your comfortability with the cutthroat nature it is either a great place to work or draining.
Management is terrible
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 19, 2018
Terrible manager in Lincoln store. Treats employees unfair. When talked to regional manager, he ignored it. Says $915 a week but starts you with $11 an hour.
Pros
Was very excited about job
Cons
Manager unprofessional
Conplete lack of communication and organization!
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 12, 2018
I tried to get hired and I went in for OVER 6 interviews! Then I called them to get an update on my application, they ended up losing my application all together. Went in for 2 more interviews after that. Didn’t get the job after so many interviews. What a waste of time.
Pros
Great company history
Cons
Lack of communication, lack of organization, have to be a fast/slick talker.
Great atmosphere with excellent training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Great people to work for. There is always a fun environment with knowledgeable people who not only know how to treat people but they know the product they're selling. Excellent for those who don't mind relocating for advancement and dont mind grinding as a first year manager. There's no surprise when you come aboard, they let you know exactly what to expect. Also pay was increased substantially after I left.
Pros
Environment, training, great home office, Pay, benefits, relocation(for some)
Cons
Long hours, relocation(for some)
Laid back, Slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 19, 2018
Tradehome is a good place to work at for guys. Hardly any girls work there, me being the only one for months. I had my commission stolen from me by the management and was given unfair hours. I don't recommend working here.
Wouldn't necessarily recommend this job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDSeptember 25, 2017
Here's the gist of things, it's a fun competitive work environment for the most part. However it's mainly just based off of commission and if you don't hit your stats you don't make very much money. I was assistant manager for them for 3 years. ( I became assistant manager the 4th month I worked for them.) They sent me down to another store to help bring it back to what the store used to be. After all I tried to do for the store it got me nowhere. They kept promising me a store but never got one. Anyways if you're a killer sales person, knock yourself out this is the job for you if you want just a part-time job for the summer look elsewhere.
Pros
Competitive work environment
Cons
If you look to move up in the company, you won't get very far.
low pay for high expectations
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 15, 2017
Management is either hit or miss. you'll have one good manager for every two bad. The pay is low, especially considering the expectations. This is a real sales environment, not a regular retail sales jobs.
Pros
discount
Cons
lunch?, breaks?, low pay, management
Great Training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2017
Tradehome shoes is a great place to learn some very valuable life skills including; communication, sales, management development, as well as personal accountability
Tradehome
Shoe Salesman (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 29, 2016
I loved working at tradehome. The pay wasn't for somebody needing to provide for more than just themselves, but the experience I gained will allow me to make more in the future.
Fun and educational environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 12, 2016
I loved this job the only reason I left was for personal issues relationship break up that required me moving.The store is very organised and the environment is inviting to both customers and employees.
Pros
Discounts, great customers
Cons
Sometimes slow and uneventful.
Fast paced and professional.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 3, 2016
Typical day at work consists of getting ready for delivery( depending on the day). just getting the store ready for customers. One of the best places to work at as long as you can meet customers needs without too much confusion.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
short breaks due to always being busy
Great if you are willing to relocate at a week's notice.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 6, 2016
It's a good job if you aren't looking to make any management advancements. Job can be very beneficial if you are willing to relocate. However, Management could use some work.
Retail Sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita KS, Pueblo CO, Hays KSJune 23, 2015
Typical day to day retail operations with an emphasis on professional selling skills and sales training. You learn valuable management skills as well as merchandising and inventory control. I enjoyed having the opportunity to give young adults with little work experience a chance to learn valuable selling skills and watching the grow in the work place. The hardest part of the job would be the struggle of brick and mortar retail against growing web based retail companies. Although it was challenging, it was a huge learning experience.
Pros
You run your own business, and make your own schedule.
Cons
A lot of hours during Holidays and busy seasons.
Retail Over-Rated
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 17, 2012
Position was not worth my time and effort put in - they had me on salary making $600/week plus commission. I was working 55 hrs to 80 hrs a week as a manager. I was to get commission based on store sales - I increased sales by $20,000 and the commission was a joke - I am currently a leasing consultent and make an easy $3,600/month at 40 hrs a week including commission.
Pros
self fullfilment & satisfaction
Cons
time and effort put forth - you must breath the company.