Trader Joe's Employee Reviews

Found 1,166 reviews matching the search See all 1,168 reviews
Fun and family-like. Management is awesome!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 16, 2018
My bosses were amazing, they were very understanding and came to me very respectfully with any issues. However, my hours were cut towards the end of my time working there. At times i was working maybe 2 days the whole week. That was a grand total of 8-16 hours a week, not good for people working to live off of the money you make!
Pros
Free potlucks, wine tasting for 21+ workers, amazing environment for new workers
Cons
Short 10 minute breaks, fluctuating temperatures in the summer and winter
Productive and fun and friendly work environment
Crew Member, New Jersey (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJNovember 16, 2018
Trader Joe's is a great place to work. You are not confined to one specific job title, you do everything from cashiering, stocking and pushing carts. Trader Joes is physically demanding which helps for people that what to work and workout at the same time. Mates and Captains are friendly and are open to helping their team. Career advancement is possible with Trader Joe's.
Pros
Affordable healthy foods, Crew member discount
Cons
only one 30-min lunch break
Fast paced and fun environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 15, 2018
Trader Joe's is a great place to work. The company really cares for the employees and we get treated very well. They offer great benefits and you are eligible for a raise every 6 months. It is a lot of high energy type work but the customers and coworkers are amazing and you will have a blast.
Great work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 15, 2018
Each Crew Member was given a new task every hour to keep the day from getting boring. Most enjoyable part of the job was working working a section of the store and being responsible for keeping it stocked and looking nice. Management was respectful, kind and helpful. Worst part of the job was working registered with lots of repetitive motions. I learned Teamwork, working efficiently, Customer Service.
Pros
Well paid, Great Management, Full-time, Good Benefits
Cons
Work most holidays and weekends
It is a great job with great pay no benifits
Loader (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 15, 2018
I love where I work its just no benefits and I need benefits for me and my family like Medical ,Dental and Vision so that's why Im looking for a better pay and benefits.
Great Environment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 14, 2018
Everyone there was always nice and eager to help you out. They were knowledgable of the products and nothing was really too expensive. It was a great place to shop at if you wanted to try new types of food.
Fun and Progressive environment that was filled with kind-hearted people.
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work-
- Cashiering
- Working the Demo Area
- Walking the store to check on Guests (Helmsing)
- Cleaning
- Food Preparation/ Cooking
- Guest Interaction
What I learned-
- I learned to be the most authentic Me I could have ever hoped to learn. The Crew and Management is off the charts good, and supportive.
The Hardest Part of the Job-
- Figuring out which responsibility I enjoyed the most.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job-
- Having the gift of being around People that truly care. Guests, co-workers, and management.
Pros
Discounts, Great People, Flexible Schedule.
Cons
I can't think of any, truly.
Love it!
Customer Service Clerk, Management (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 14, 2018
I have worked for Trader Joe's since 2004 with one short break when I stepped down from management to have my kids. I have worked there part-time since with an average of 30 to 40 hours per week. Some of my co-workers work fewer hours than that and are still able to work consistently. TJ's is a great place to work, especially as a first job. There are multiple food tastings for crew and depending on what store you work at, there are store events that help bring the crew together. I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
Pros
flexible hours, bi-annual raises, free vision and dental benefits, 10% discounts, Food
Cons
can be busy, lots of standing and lifting
N/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 13, 2018
As a college student, I appreciated how easy it was to drop a shift and pick up shifts from other co-workers. Trader Joe's is a fair company to work for so long as one isn't lazy.
A fast paced working environment, especially on the weekends.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652November 13, 2018
Customers and co-workers are friendly and helpful. Some fellow co-workers help other departments when in need. The most enjoyable part of the job is making strong friendships with some co-workers.
Pros
tasting new products
Cons
short breaks, pay
room for improvement
Cashier/ customer rep (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYNovember 11, 2018
Its a friendly environment, once you have the drive to whatever section your put at to work you just go ahead and do the best you can. The management are not the best and that is where need to be improved
Cons
management
Friendly work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
A typical day working at Trader Joe's would consist of greeting and interacting with an endless amount of customers, stocking shelves, and maintaining good upkeep of the store.
Good job if your an 18 year old
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2018
Management is ok, they’re all stressed out so it falls back on employees. The employees in Seattle are very clicky and will only associate with you if you think the same way they do.. Also, they want you to write the order for a specific department and not compensate you for the extra work?? Smh. Glad I moved on to something where you can learn some real skills for the future. And the 10 percent discount is a real joke. My 2 cents.
Pros
Wage was fair
Cons
Clicky employees, cheap discount, Hard work, No overtime.
Who doesn't like Trader Joe's
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 6, 2018
It was kinda cold in my department but it was still a very fun place to work. I enjoyed being around all the fresh food. Working there was a fun environment.
A quiet fast paced job
Pallet jack picker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 6, 2018
Its a simple job your trained to use the pallet jack and its at your own pace. It is cold there so id advise others to get a sweater and some gloves also you can dress relaxed but safe wise.
nice place to work.
QC Tech (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 5, 2018
It was a nice fast pace to work for.I liked working there and would go back.A lot of people do not like fast pace but i liked it a whole lot and the long hours was great for me.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
Work hard play hard
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2018
TraderJoe's is a great company however, for crew members (non-management) are considered part time. Hours do vary from week to week. For an adult who has rent/mortgage and other bills that life throws our way, it is not enough.
Pros
10% employee discount. Insurance benefits very affordable
Cons
Work hours vary. 15 to 37 hours a week.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2018
I enjoy working at Trader Joe's and feel that it is a stimulating and challenging yet laid back work environment. Hard work and commitment to teamwork is valued but they are flexible enough to put emphasis on family and work/life balance. Highly recommend.
Crew member
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 2, 2018
It was a very chill environment everyone was extremely pleasant and friendly I loved working there. Teamwork is required, the amount of people who come into the store is a little intense at times but you learn to work around them.
Pros
Wonderful food
Cons
A very large amount of customers
Great job for the right folks
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNOctober 30, 2018
Overall, decent place to work. Many great co-workers, and the company culture fosters creativity and fun. Pay is higher on average for retail. Fast paced-always different activities in the day. Room to grow if you so desire. Pretty good benefits if full time.
Pros
Company looks after it's employees
Cons
Retail Shifts. 3-11 etc.