Trader Joe's Employee Reviews

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search See all 1,087 reviews
Productive and fun
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CASeptember 20, 2018
Trader Joe's was a fantastic place to work, the company really follows it's mission to make people feel welcome and warm when they come into the store. The company also works with you when you're deciding what days and time's you can work. Of course they have a preference but they really try to make it most feasible for you.
It was ok
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 20, 2018
I loved working for the company not the managers. it was overall a great experience just not the right working environment for me. Captains there aren't the friendliness
Fun, fast-paced, and physically active workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 19, 2018
I had loved working for the company. The co-workers I had were incredible and most often hippie/ healthy. The environment was fast-paced and full of physical activity. Management is very encouraging and understanding. Hardest part of the job for me was how physically demanding it was, I have scoliosis and it imposed on my health often. Most enjoyable part was the team as a whole, everyone supported everyone to become a better version of themselves.
Pros
Fun and competitive
Cons
Physically demanding
Fun environment to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
Able to learn about many existing and new products. while working was able to sample new products, to better assist customers in their food selections
Pros
Fun atmosphere. Made it enjoyable to serve customers
Cons
Salary wasn't bad for a young person not someone with household responsibilities
Workplace
Real Estate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CASeptember 17, 2018
Working in the corporate office is very different from the stores. Stores are a good place to work,. However, the corporate office is extremely toxic and poorly managed overall.
Good work environment lots of break rooms and motivated people
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very fast pace work environment and lots of motivated individuals that kept the place running at hyper speed. I left because I needed to do better and advance my oppurtunities
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancements
Generally good to work here
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 16, 2018
The people are friendly and the managers are fair. I have been with the company for over five years. They offer very good benefits and competitive wage increases.
Flexible, fantastic work environment, and an outstanding company
Crew Member & Floral Designer (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 12, 2018
Very fun and open environment. Stress on being your own person. You have a different job every hour and are constantly moving. Lots of customer interaction and you get to know your coworkers really well. Everyone is responsible for all parts of the store. Company is constantly giving and donating food and services. On your feet all day and you go, go, go!
Pros
Great Environment & Company
Cons
Exhausting work
Good Job
Crew Member, Merchant, Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 12, 2018
Lots of variety
Learned how to open new stores in new markets
Management is hit or miss
Work was physical and the crew was fun to work with
I loved the variety
amazing company to work for.
Shift Supervisor/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CASeptember 11, 2018
from the company culture to its customers this company is amazing. they treat their employees well. The pay and benefits are immaculate. Sometimes its a little hard to get in, but keep trying because once you are in you will never want to leave. One of the best if not best companies i have ever worked for.
fast paced and productive workplace
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hewlett, NYSeptember 11, 2018
The job was fairly easy, as long as your body was ready for all sorts of manual tasks. The managers here were also pretty understanding. They had a lot of mercy for those who weren't doing as well as they should have. The pay was competitive, and they offer employees insurance and benefits. Not bad for a grocery store!
Good management
Puller (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 9, 2018
I liked it as far as the management but it was too many gang members there for me to work around. Someone was always arguing or talking about fighting and I just can’t do the drama
Pros
Free lunches some weekends
Cons
Incentive
Trader Joe's is great company to work for ,with great people that can become more then friend more like famliy..Great benift good pay out.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2018
I work with the company almost 10 year alot of the people were great to me. Over the years I meet alot of.great people and also customers ..You learn alot of food ,beer and wine ..
Pros
Free lunch only when you card an under cover cop and u pass.
Cons
30 min lunch or 1 hr ..10 min break every two hrs .
Good Place to work
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 6, 2018
Good pay and schedule, management was great and breaks were ok. The job was temporary for me so that was the only reason why I left. Great place to work.
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Temporary employment
Relaxed work environment and pleasant customers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
Work environment was relaxed with set goals for the work day. The customers were also mostly pleasant and great to converse with. Management could be a touch better with communication with crew members about expectations and such.
Fun Grocery Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CASeptember 5, 2018
The crew is nice, and so are the customers for the most part. Since i had worked in the grocery industry before there was not much for me to learn. The management was usually fair.
hard work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92335September 3, 2018
typical day at trader joes would be to get a pallet jack and go to the desk and get orders fior the day. i was a order selector on a single elteric pallet jack.
Fun Job with Cool Customers
Crew Member (Section Lead) (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR and Mt. Pleasant, SCSeptember 2, 2018
Cool job, amazing products, great customers. Can support a modest lifestyle working here. Great benefits. Would've stayed forever but needed to make more money.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Fast-Paced
Cons
Pay, Promotions hard to come by
Money
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 31, 2018
Needs better pay for preset selectors work to hard to be compensated fairly. I was in the cold environment which was fine because they provided gloves and and knife.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Friendliest environment and they are all about their customers
Trader Joe's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYAugust 30, 2018
Working here was the best time of my life, my reason for leaving was sadly because I relocated but I had the option to transfer just wasn't one close enough. My time here i learned to manage a lot and were able to perform tasks that were above my position. It taught me leadership and to also learn from your peers, because there is so many things to know and improve on and this can't be done alone. Everyone is kind hearted and always making sure if you slow down they help you pick up in the best way possible. Nobody was ever repramanded for any wrong doings, if a mistake was made it was easily solved.