Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Good working community
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
was a great place to work with an amazing management crew. They do everything they can to keep you working and to put in the good money jobs if you are a hard working dependable person.
GREAT Company to Work For and Keeps on Getting Better
Administrative Assistant/ Payroll (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 17, 2018
I've been with Tradesmen for a year and 6 months. This is an excellent company to work for that cares about their employees. It just keeps on getting better as well. I take care of the payroll, greeting customers and checking them in, answering phones, inventory, buying supplies, invoicing clients, marketing, safety cookouts and keeping the field employees in the loop. We are busy (that's a good thing!) so my job can be stressful at times, depending on the situation at hand. My boss is extremely helpful and willing to diffuse situations that are above me. My co-workers are awesome and very friendly. Even the Regional Manager takes the time to talk to you and get to know you when he comes to visit. We have incentives, bonus' and contests as well which makes us strive to do better and achieve more. When I say I love my job, I mean it. I have my days like others but I generally like coming to work.
Pros
Bonus, Staff, Upper Management
Cons
I can't think of anything
good job
Reports to Ironworker Foreman (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2018
it was a nice place to work they keep me busy for about a year or so. The management team was easy to get along with and helped with everything that i need for ppe.
good work
Trim Carpenter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
your skills are sometimes tested and challenged, but all in all it is a good place to work. Work hours vary from company to company, but they work around your family.
how I feel
ELECTRICIAN/CONSTRUCTION (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
geat place nothing eles. what else what else what else I have nothing to say but your going to make me saying anyway who great cmpany really im donewith this
good people
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 12, 2018
you were always at different jobs which was good at times but also bad. you were able to pick and choose what jobs you wanted as long as you met what the contract needed.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
fluctuation
Management does not care about you
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Managements job is to find you job sights but they do not care if they dont find one because it doesent take food out of there mouth. If you love to be broke all the time or love the thought that any day you show up they can tell you to go home because management wont tell you your not needed till you make the hour drive to work that day, then please apply here.
Pros
Home alot
Profesionalidad Técnica
Electrician Technician (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WISeptember 11, 2018
Safety, Honesty, Customer Responsiveness, Quality.
Work Review
assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I have worked for Tradesmen for the past three years. Tradesmen works with many different contractors from the north side of Jacksonville, fl area and all the way to south side area of Saint Augustine, fl. Tradesmen hires personnel that have construction knowledge work trades or even just for a person to do nothing other than being a laborer to clean, move things around or a strong back to help move heavy equipment. The pay always depends of the contractor and what they need to have the worker for. If you have a construction trade you may make very good money but if you don't expect that the pay will not be less than $11.
Pros
change of job enviroment
Cons
payment change do to each job
It was cool
Pipefitter Top Helper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 11, 2018
As long as you do what your told you will keep the job first time you look like your not working pack your tools up your gone they will fire you for the littlest things
Temp contracting job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
this is a construction labor finder type emplyeer very good for finding temporary work but doesnt mean the work will be very good worked at multiple companies with them
Fast paced, very busy, growing company
Assistant Controller, Accounting Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Work hard, play hard is a common mantra. the company is growing. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people and the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the growth
Diverse, Engaging, Challenging
Journeyman welder (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 9, 2018
Working for this company has helped develop my professional industrial skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better growth.
Pros
(growth) (change) (upward momentum)
Cons
) (time-management skills to maintain work life balance)
Tradesmen has a reasonable philosophy....
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Tradesmen International has a very good concept by which they recruit skilled tradesmen and place them with clients in need of additional help to augment their core workforce. Unfortunately if you are a sales rep assigned to a non-productive territory they will not transition the large accounts already covered by existing sales reps. You will be left to die on the vine and eventually dismissed for not meting your quota. It was a sad and disheartening experience as I am a seaoned professional and felt betrayed by upper level management. Just be cautious and get all committments in writing. Good luck
Pros
Flexible work schedule and merchandise discounts
Cons
Horrible health plan, false commitments from management
Not a good place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Not a good place to work disappointing place to be they Love too lie to you and work and Talk to you like a dog. They have no respect for you or any health issues you might have. Have a Really Bad Management staff.
Hardworker, nose to the grind stone, energetic minded employee!
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2018
In the course of a typical day at work we start off with a safety meeting, we get set up and direct via a daily plan what the different crews had to accomplish. Throughout the course of the day there were many things to learns as the work was fluid. In my opinion the management team conducted the course of action for the work day/week appropriately and efficiently. I found that my team mates were easy to work with and quick to complete and stay on task. The hardest part of my job was a constant lack of supplies. I felt ineffective at my job, and I consider myself a professional, precise, and a bit of a perfectionist. However, I mostly enjoyed getting up and going to work because I love what I do. And because I am a bit of a perfectionist, I love seeing a job completed to perfection.
Easy going
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Great company to work for . They always tried to keep me busy . Made it easy to relocate and switch offices. There just seems to be no room for growth.
Pros
You can go back if you leave if something else comes up
Cons
Its a temp agency
great place to work
Licensed Journeyman (Current Employee) –  New HampshireSeptember 1, 2018
great place to work and fun to learn new things. We had a great team of men working together and our foreman was always willing to teach us anything that we didnt know. The only down side was the two hours of travel to get to the job site every morning.
Pros
great team
Cons
travel time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 31, 2018
I loved working for Tradesmen International. It can be stressful and demanding, but the morale and respect from other inside and outside of the company was well worth it. Benefits were great! They covered primary care, dental and vision and they offered 401k. Pay could have been a little better but it wasn't terrible. I wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
good atmosphere, benefits, advancement
Cons
workload
productive and serious
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VAAugust 30, 2018
it was a hard working job
short term the pay was good
work place culture was ok.
developed new skills daily
learned to be an active listener
and learned to use problem solving skills to the best of my abilities.
Pros
money
Cons
job longevity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.3

1.1Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight