Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Found 1,348 reviews matching the search See all 1,366 reviews
Its a staffing agency, so you go from one company to another.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 15, 2019
If you going to work for a staffing company, this is the best. They actually test you on your trade to verify that you are capable of what you say you are.
Pros
You can take as much time off as you want, you can travel as much as you want.
Cons
No benefits, untill you reach so many hours of continuous 40 hr. Weeks., Then the benefits you can get are not great.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 13, 2019
Very productive place to work. I have learner how to do alot of things on top of the things I already knew. I have m osha 10 certification as well as a few other certifications.
General Laborer
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2019
The safety regulations were not good at at, they relocated me to Casper Wyoming to a weird construction plant in the middle of nowhere carrying 70-120 beams n equipment down shady ladders n stairs in the dark. 400 feet in the air with no safety harnesses required
Cons
great plac to work, good guys all around
Hvac Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 7, 2019
I took on a hvac project. Was told the job would be 6 months, but we were laid off after a month. Not by fault of tradesman, contractor. I would work for these guys again.
Pros
trusting in us to complete the job
Cons
laid off
Competative
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 6, 2019
Salary and commission pay was very nice, the company took care of driving expenses and also took care of corporate training in Ohio. Company took many trips
Sr Recruiter
Sr. Recruiter and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMarch 6, 2019
Make sure that the clients were happy as well as be in charge of my req load while performing full cycle recruitment in order to attract candidates and get them placed to where they WANT to be there for potential careers and not just for the TIME BEING.
Tried to get job but they “never” have any jobs
Na (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 27, 2019
Everytime I try to contact the company for a job they just keep telling me they have no jobs.. I don’t see how this is possible seeing that they are a hiring agency.
It was ok.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 27, 2019
The company was initially owned by Construction Labors Contractors, during that time. The company had dealth with laborers much better, regarding respect and integrity. When Tradesmen International bought it. The attitude and work time decreased rapidly.
Pros
Cons
Health care
Great company but they put incompetent people in management.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2019
They are only out for what benefits the company. They made us preach that we would take care of the field employees first than the company.. They over promise and under deliver. Huge internal problems due to poor communications out dated systems and huge turnover occurrences that make it impossible to generate any type of new growth In their weaker markets. I loved the culture my office created, However once the pressure cooker turned on all the good crumbled.
Pros
Great work culture, Changed lives
Cons
Poor management and terrible communication.
great company
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 26, 2019
great company to work for i also recieved my osha 10 well with the company for free .they pay per diem for most projects . great chances tp also grow in the company
Pros
great pay
Cons
takes to long to get to another project
It was fun to work here
Construction worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MI 48837February 25, 2019
I like it here its fun interesting and something new everyday its not a bad place at all i enjoyed it alot its fun it can be gard work but its a job when you show up on time good people
Pros
Cool people to work with
Cons
Work get done
Consistent temporary work in general area.
Commercial/Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2019
They kept me busy. Considering they supply the construction trades where needed, there's only so much they can do to advance any ones career. They give you opportunities to work.
Management downgrades employees.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNFebruary 19, 2019
Horrible place to work for, they talk about you behind your back the insurance is horrible and if you get hurt there work comp insurance company will bleed you dry.
I know I almost went bankrupt when I got hurt,I would not recommend this company they are horrible in every aspect of life, work and decency.
Pros
Work
Cons
Every thing you can think of that a bad company is .
Great for starting out
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 13, 2019
The work was not sporadic at best. Time on job sites and the amount of jobs you had to go to was not like they promised starting out. Pay is not the best and with the work being so sporadic, made it difficult to make a living.
Pros
They hire anyone
Cons
Lack of work
Good
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIFebruary 13, 2019
They help you get work no matter where you go. Never have down time as for they always have jobs for you. Great pay too. Traveling is a minimum unless you want to.
Pros
Lots of jobs.
Cons
Hour sheets
run pipe
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  texasFebruary 12, 2019
in stall pipe plugs lights plugs wiring straps use hand and power tools drive forklift and scissor lift motor controls read blue prints and wire diagram
Do not apply
Journeyman Plumber/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 10, 2019
Went to tradesman cause i didnt wanna be a company man right away. Got sold the line "we will have your back". But when some foreman at this company they sent me to started hazing me. My supervisor says well i never have any issues with that foreman it must be you. Come to find out this foreman sends almost all the journeyman plumbers back to tradesman. Needless to say after i walked off the job tradesman then tried to send me over an hour away when i told them i cant go that far they stopped answering my calls they stopped getting me work. They even played so much of a game that they wasnt gonna pay me my last check. I had to call the corporate office on the dayton office. Its a joke. They give good temp trade companys a horrible name and should be shut down. poor excuse.....
Great company
General labor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Great company to work for committed to emoloyees and theres are different trades within wgixh is great for multi-talented people life work balance great benefits
Family environment and subsidized lunches
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHFebruary 7, 2019
Good company to work for. It was definitely like a family. Good training and programs for growth. The work was interesting and with the good training I had made it easy for me to generate appropriate reports.
Pros
subsidized lunch
Cons
no breaks except for lunch
Wouldn't leave if I did not have to
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Tradesmen International and the management and co-workers I spent daily with have provided me with an incomparable work experience. The skill sets I have learned while working here are unmatched from anywhere else. My direct manager and those above him have always met any concerns and been willing to learn from them and work as a team to make the environment efficient for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight