Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Found 1,458 reviews matching the search See all 1,475 reviews
Needs better commission plan
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 25, 2019
Great company if they had a better commission plan.

Not a hard job but management isn't that great nor is the corporate help to office relationship/
Sporadic hours per week
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2019
Good place to work if you like the outdoors not so great hit Miss on good weeks it's and not so great weeks on hours. All depended on what jobs they have going and the weather and your location residency.
In one word: frustration
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  NCJune 24, 2019
Demanding work environment with little support from management. Training is bare bones and they do not have a career path. KPI's change on an almost daily basis, so you never know where you stand. Compensation structure does not come close to equaling the frustration that exists on every level of every day.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation, training, management
Great place to work if u know what your trade tradesman will take u a long way
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCJune 24, 2019
Tradesman is great if you are not a liar about your skill if u lie about your skill of course u gonna b a joke on the job but if u wanta learn they everyone around will help but if all u do is cry about someone talkin down to u or smoke and b on your phone all day of course you gonna b a joke and b fired this company is for real men and women who want to make a better life not for ppl to go out and play because noone is watching you
Pros
Great work environment great pay great ppl
Cons
None I love my company
60 hour weeks on salary. Take advantage of great employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 23, 2019
Friends hiring friends for upper management positions outside the company. Upper management turnover is asinine. Was good until they sold to Blackstone. Company wide pay decrease. Trained my 5/7 bosses in 7 years. Promotions wont happen. Raises are laughable. Toxic office environments. Motivation through intimidation.
Open work place with positive workers but hard work
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 22, 2019
This job has a lot of labor but it’s a job meant for a man. It’s an open environment, but you still have to stay busy. All of the guys you work with are experienced so nobody’s really lost. And over all it’s a good job.
Pros
Unlimited smoke breaks, and open work space.
A pretty fair place to work
Temp work (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 21, 2019
If they have work in your field and you dont have to spend weeks waiting for them to call you back its a good place to work. Last year there was not much going on and this year ive been working constantly
Work slow
anchor rods (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed using my hand building things. My fellow coworker was great to work with. The work was slow and I was laid off. Would love to go back to work there.
Temporary job
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 21, 2019
No steady weekly work,long out of the way remote locations,very slow during the winter months,had to check in daily to see if any work was available.Some times you would only work 2-3 days in a week
Pros
Received pay on time
Cons
No steady work
Nonproductive and nonresponsive supervisors
Carpenter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  LexingtonJune 20, 2019
I joined tradesmen as a carpenter journeyman. My first job was as planned. Had No problem with wages or work. Then No communication about work, wagea went down tremendously.
Plenty of work if you do decent work
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 20, 2019
Great place to learn the trades. If your a good worker they will keep you working most of the year. Don’t expect to get a lot of overtime but the pay is usually above average.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
No vacation or paid days off
Electricians Helper
Electricians Helper (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2019
Not sure what to call myself since you don't need a journeyman license to work in PA. The office put me to work quickly. I cannot say much about Tradesmen PA office. I don't care for the working hours. Office has been good so far.
Pros
Good pay, Good office
Cons
Schedule
What started out as promising turned out to be the worst job experience of my life
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort CollinsJune 18, 2019
During the interview process you're sold on what a great company and position you'll be a part of. Being that the GM is a formal salesman this (later on) is not surprising.

Be prepared to be belittled, talked down to, and have office morale depend solely on what kind of mood said GM shows up to work that day in.

Be prepared to be made to feel dumb when asking a question with constant phrases like "like I just said" or "it says it RIGHT THERE" or "we just talked about this in yesterday's meeting" or "it shouldn't be that hard" or "it must be user error" or "this wasn't an issue when so-and-so was here." These are all from memory. Sadly, I have an actual list I'll be reporting to HR very soon and the list of these types of phrases goes on and on.

The sales reps waste no time at warning you that what you're told in the interview process is far from the experience you'll have. It only takes a few days to hear the chatter or be given specific examples. Nobody is happy.

If hired as a rep be prepared to be micromanaged. If hired as a "secretary" as he likes to call it - be ready to asked to do things that aren't your job and get yelled at if they aren't done in the specific way dictated. This includes being told to harass clients and field employees alike as you are expected to call and/or email over and over (this means ALL DAY) or until management is satisfied. This also includes being told to attempt to micromanage other offices and even corporate.

Be prepared to be accused of things and thrown under the bus constantly. There are a few "nice work" type phrases
  more... here and there but that doesn't make up for the dread of waking up happy until you have to go to an office where you'll only have a good day depending on a certain person's attitude or absence.

Youre promised "room for growth" which there actually is truth to if you're in the right position but the pay is awful. Lowest in the industry as a "secretary" and especially as a field rep which is a cute name for salesman. Oh and what you're selling is human labor, but that is a different conversation. You're underappreciated, benefits are offered but are next to nothing without meeting a ridiculous deductible, and although flexible when it comes to "work to life balance" when your day is dreary from the thick and tense energy the moment you walk in the door that balance no longer exists. A former employee of 7 years who got on antidepressants and quit due to stress is literal proof.

I've never quit a job without notice but there came a day I could no longer bring myself to walk back into that place and it was the best decision I've ever made.

Maybe you'll have a better experience. I truly wish you the best of luck.
Pros
Sick days, people bring their pets to work pretty much every day, free mediocre coffee.
Cons
Being made to feel like everything you do is wrong. Mistruths about competitive pay.
Ok
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2019
Ok can be better go to work come home when that assignment is over they send you to another job assignment it can be better if they took more time out to match employees with right employer
Cons
Looked great on the surface
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 14, 2019
I came into the position of project manager opening a new branch. I was fairly green as far as experience goes, but was told I would have all the resources I could ever need to help me grow into the position. And this was true, for about 4 months. After that it quickly devolved into a numbers game and subtle threats that if numbers weren't better that someone else could be found to do better. Problem was that for a new branch our numbers were amazing. As a branch we hit some of the highest first year numbers in the history of the company, but it was never enough nor would it ever be. If I wasn't willing to work 60 hours a week and be on call when I wasn't working then I would hear about and be guilted or actually yelled at. I left because a coworker physically threatened me after I voiced my opinion and it wasn't what he wanted to hear. My general manager was sitting right next to us and did nothing.
Pros
got my own office
Cons
nearly everything else
Good for entry level but low pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2019
It’s good when you got a longer temp job but if there’s no work your stuck at home and the pay is on the low end of construction. Other than that it’s good and you get to meet a lot of people and most of them are fun to work with
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
Responsible for painting the Interior and Exterior of commercial Residential and Industrial. Drywall Repair/Pressure Washing/Wallpaper Removal/Popcor
PROFESSIONAL PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville flJune 13, 2019
To use my certification as a professional painter in
Commercial Residential and Industrial to provide an employer with a
highly motivated employee that is self- motivated and a team player. And take pride in everything I do
Tradesmen International
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 13, 2019
I had a great experience while employed through Tradesmen. This company hires and works closely with veterans. I highly recommend this company. Good luck
Pros
Great experience, great pay and great people.
Cons
Nothing to add. I had a great experience
Productive work place
Build,demo,use different tools and material (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 12, 2019
Working for Tradesman International I've learned how to use many different tools and heavy equipment. Also adapting to different work environments and being able to hands on.
Complicated
Sub contracted construction worker (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 8, 2019
It was a frustrating and sometimes complicated job. When your subcontracted to different companies, each time the company no longer needs you you then go to another company and have to learn their ways and their trades.
Pros
I couldn't be fired, it was like a union, when one job no longer needs you, then tradesmen finds you another spot.
Cons
Next to no benefits and low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight