Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Found 1,254 reviews matching the search See all 1,269 reviews
Good place to work, as long as work isn't too far away?
Commercial/Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 15, 2018
Tradesmen is a good place to work for. The management is good, and in the last year I've been with them, I've never been without work. As soon as one job finished I was placed on another. This is the first time, I'm waiting for job placement?
Pros
Decent pay scale
Cons
No security
We were all a good fit and helped each other
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 14, 2018
would still be there if the job had not been eliminated. It was a fun place to work and met a lot of great field employees as well . I will miss my job and all e people there.
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
more money
If you like seeing different job sites this is definitely the job
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 13, 2018
Don’t sell yourself short they will try to under pay you just say you won’t work unless you’re getting paid this much and they will oblige. Good luck.
Pros
My manager was pretty cool
Cons
My pay always fluctuated since you were moving from job site to job site
Good place to work but not enough hours
Carpenter Helper (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 13, 2018
Not always steady work. Need 40 plus hours a week to pay bills. Job site changes from day to day. This company is an agency that other contractors call to fill positions on a temporary basis.
Summary
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2018
This was a totally terrible company to work for. A bunch of back stabbing creeps. Poor management from the top down with little concern for the people that worked for them.
Great hands on job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 11, 2018
Great job working as a laborer for tradesmen international. Like I said though it went under new management and things got complicated but for the most part it was a great job. I would go to work early in the morning and get off around 4 and have the rest of the day to spend with my son.
Pros
Hands on
Great Job
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 10, 2018
Good staff and good support team. I like working for Tradesmen because it always a lot of love surrounding you with a lot of different opportunities to learn new things.
It's Cool
Concrete Finishers - Carl A. Nelson (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IANovember 8, 2018
It's cool, the time I've worked for tradesmen International good location they sent too! And I made good money and learned a lot with the company! member of the team treated me like family
Pros
good people and learned a lot
Cons
Can't get any per deim for all my jobs
Put the T in Temporary
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Rockside Rd. OhioNovember 8, 2018
I was never given a job that lasted longer than a week. Meanwhile management would lie and make false employment opportunities just to keep me around. I missed two interviews, and a guaranteed job offer based on promises Tradesman International had made, but never kept. So Regardless of what some recruiters (like mine) wants you to believe , they are a TEMP AGENCY, and I honestly do not feel their intentions would ever truly be to find you a permanent career/job opportunity.
Pros
Wouldn’t know
Cons
Pay, management, stability
About Tradesmen International
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  SindhNovember 7, 2018
Tradesmen International was a trading corporation and offered consultancy services internationally. The company was awarded top rice exporter by Pakistan's Prime Minister.
Short Review
General Laborer/ Duct Installer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
Tradesmen is a fairly good place to work. They make sure your time is correct and make sure their workers are safe. The only problem I have is the constant chanding of recruiters.
Busy bees
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 5, 2018
Tradesman International is a good company to work for overall . Entry level or skilled tradesman, they have been known to find good paying, long term trade gigs, as well as some long term placement opportunities
tradesman is a tem service for skilled labor
Plumber/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  topeka and manhattinNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time with tradesman they took care of me and when i finnished one job as a carpinter they found me more work as a plummer they are a large company and take care of there employees ..
Pros
they have lots of work to keep you busy
Cons
some of the guys worked it like a union job(go slow so we have work) i did not like that
They pay ok just have to watch the reps
Journeyman Plumber (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 4, 2018
Some reps will sell u out to the contractor and not have your back when your right and sometimes they change your pay after u start a job that's bs and they will send helpers out as journymen from other trades so just watch the Hussle i
High expectations for work, low payback or cost reimbursement
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 4, 2018
Sales Reps don't sell. They are order takers for other locations who are over sold. Other tradesmen craftsman show up with no or little tools, some even on bikes. I've seen them unmotivated or incapable of work and want to go home right away, counting on getting paid a 4 hour minimum payout. Office can't keep lead info system subscriptions paid up and operational, can't afford a receptionist, no perdiem or hotel stays paid. Really sad...
Pros
Name brand company.
Cons
Hit and miss reputation, Substantial Travel expenses not reimbursed. No vacation. No medical plans available.
Trade of Carpentry
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PANovember 4, 2018
Trustworthy skills go very far in this organization. If one person has an idea or the other is thinking clearly the trade off is wonderful. Work is high paced and in demand. The people are very genius.
Pros
Background Compliable
Cons
N/a
exactly what youd expect from an agency
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 1, 2018
Ive worked for agencies before and I really believed this one was different, it turns out I was fooled yet again.
i have the extra time to work and im willing though they make it seem like the extra hours are your choice, they really arent.
Pros
Free HOT water on a 100+degree day (once)
Cons
They Dont Provide Company Vehicles, Expect you to drive out 65+ Miles Out from your location
Bad everything
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHOctober 30, 2018
I work for them for about 5 months and out of that 5 months I had many weeks off because of Promise work but I never got. There's a lot of poor communication between you and the Reps. It's a good job if your retired and you don't mind working little hours. My experience with Tradesman was not good
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Excellent Temporary agency
JOURNEYMAN PAINTER/FINISHER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2018
Office workers for St. Louis South County location all kept pleasant attitudes were very professional. Would go out of their way to make sure everything one needed was provided.
Pros
Very competitive with wages
Cons
only short term construction work
Productive business to work for
Laborer/Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CT/ Shreveport La.October 29, 2018
Every job i was assigned to were different. In the past I have worked done some work in maintenance construction. I have driven forklift. I have done some industrial painting.
Pros
Great work job assignments
Cons
Assignments are few in between. Long time waiting periods on getting work assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight