Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Tradesmen Int. Is A rewarding Career For Construction Proffessionals
Finish Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 15, 2017
Tradesmen is a very rewarding company that listens to your work environment needs, and will always have work as long as you are willing to pick it up.
Dont waste your time with them..notice how long its been since last review..5 yrs
Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 14, 2017
They do NOT play by the rules. They will not let you get hired on by 3rd party. They prostit you out. They offer nothing other than a paycheck. If you complain about work environment, you will be out of work. The do not recognize quality workers.
Pros
Consistant (low) pay, imimdiate work
Fast paced, cut throat
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 14, 2017
It was very difficult finding good people to work at jobs that were part-time. We are a construction agency that needed to fill job orders and there were not enough people of the trades.
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 14, 2017
payroll
answer phones
invoicing
collections
call clients

I learned how to work at a faster pace and multi-task.

Hardest part of the job is I have no back up support.

I love working in the construction field.
Pros
flexable
Cons
benefits are not that good
Worked here
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2017
*Skilled trades careers are those labor jobs which require specific training, such as a carpenter, a tile setter or an electrician. Much of the labor involved with skilled trades jobs is manual work and can be physically demanding. Many skilled tradesmen are self-employed, but a number of them find employment working for larger companies. Typically the hours are full-time and, at times, can even be long ones, extending into the evening or onto weekends when a construction deadline must be met.
Professional
Carpenter/Framer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2017
I have had a terrific experience with Tradesmen. Within one week of contacting them, they had a position open for me. After I left temporarily, they are open to working with me, again.
Great Place if needing immediate work above minimum wage
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GADecember 12, 2017
I would work for tradesman any day long as its within my trade or skill. A little reluctant when site exceeds 20 miles one way of travel. I currently travel 45 miles one way to work site totaling out at 90 miles each working day and cant get compensated mileage. With 5 yrs of experience in heavy machine operating I still received base pay
Pros
Always willing to find you work in the construction field after Job is terminated
Cons
Not always placed to utilize your skill or trade. Hard to get paid Mileage or Per Diem
Quick paced work depending on what job they send you out on.
General Laborer/ Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2017
Emphasis on safety
Unwavering reliability and punctuality
Good appearance and attitudes
Highly productive work ethic
Exceptional craftsmanship at all skill levels
Desire for continuous skill improvement
Belief in Tradesmen International’s Core Values
Commitment to be Drug Free
Pros
Good people, very good salary
Cons
Can be really tough work depending on what job site you get assigned.
tradesmen
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2017
a typical day in construction isnt very typical.
i learned plenty about electrical systems
management ok.
working in the cold sucks
best part of the job is you get off early because you start early
great pay
Class 1combo welder /pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 7, 2017
The company is a great skilled professional company to work for.They hire the most skilled workers and provide great benefits and pay for their employees.
Great place!
Cabinet Builder (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2017
They are an excellent staffing agency. They're very helpful in finding you the jobs that fit your specific qualification at top pay. I recommend this company.
Pros
People compesation
Great Place to Work.
Cabinet Builder (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2017
Love this job, currently still with them. They are very competitive and although the work is challenging it is also rewarding. The pay is great and so are the supervisors.
Cons
Not bad, when you could work
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 5, 2017
I was looking for a place to work with flexible hours after I closed my business.
The work is few & far between. Whenever I see a job posting, I call, but I'm not offered or it's not the kind work, say a carpenter would do. Carpenters don't work with jackhammers, dig trenches or are "general laborers."
Stop sending me jobs I am not experienced in.
Management is out of touch.
Pros
Work when you want or need it
Cons
not enough work in your field
Electrician
Solar Electrician (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCDecember 4, 2017
Well work consisted of wiring combiner boxes and invertors. Also I pulled PV wire and did plug and play. I also did trench work with pvc pipe. At was a good job.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad hours
Good pay, and a lot of moving around
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Keokuk IowaDecember 4, 2017
The pay is worth it, however there is a lot of jumping from company to company so room for advancement is considerably low. For a single man without a family it is an excellent company to work for, for a man with a life outside of work it's not.
Productive work place
TRADES WORKER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2017
In a typical work day there is construction work that has to be done or demolition. Things that I've learned are faster more productive ways to do my job. Management goes out finds jobs for me to do,and pay me based on my experience in that field. The hardest part of the job is work for clients who don't know my work ethic and being underestimated. I love proving people wrong and making there opinion of me change because the clients know how hard-working I am.
Pros
They have cookouts sometimes. and you get paid once a week
Cons
There is a lot of discrimination on jobs.
Long standing stable company
Field Service Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2017
The company has been around for quite some time. The variety of positions available are a plus. Contract work has its ups and downs, you don't always know how long that you will be employed.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Contract work
Productive and positive environment
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 30, 2017
A day at tradesmen is pretty much the same once they set up with a job site. You go get your time sheets depending on your payday and bring it back signed.
Hard job with confusing management
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 28, 2017
Was an ok job and the pay and work were decent and the feeling of doing a hard days work was satisfied. The only problem was the management and how there was no defined work schedule when it came to completing big projects. The work hours also conflicted with my personal schedule.
Pros
pay and decent work
Cons
conflicting hours and confusing management
Great place to work part-time
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2017
Good Company, great management, they try to spread the jobs evenly according to your work history , i really love this company I've never worked with a company that likes to pay there workers as much as they would pay .
Pros
great company
Cons
jobs were not consistant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8