Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAMarch 29, 2018
construction mostly demo
i learned how to tear down foundations
being out in 90 degree wearther was the hardest part of working for tradesmen international
the most enjoyable part was traveling to different cities
Pros
traveling
Cons
low salary
Contractor / Firewatch
Laborer / Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 28, 2018
Working multiple contracts for Tradesmen International was a learning and eye opening experience. I picked up a lot of skills that will be put to further use as I advance in my professional life.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Residential commercial Wiring
Electrical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 27, 2018
Enjoyed learning the electrical trade. Nice coworkers and understand company policies. Nothing was hard about the job. I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Pros
Consistent relocation
Cons
Different coworkers
HEAVY MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMarch 26, 2018
Good compensation for work. If you like to work out of town and a lot of hours when it is available then this would be a job for you. I enjoyed it but I got to missing my family so I found a job closer to home.
Pros
seeing differant parts of the states
Cons
Being away from family
N/a
Construction Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 26, 2018
At this time i choose to not participate in writing a review for Tradesmen International. it is a great company and an amazing opportunity but i choose not to review.
Always New and Productive
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2018
Wouldn't Mind working there again, only thing is that you have to have your tools, transportation, and gas money. And schedules aren't always consistent .
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Not very consistent
I enjoy the benefits of working for the company.
Carpentry (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2018
I get referrals bonus for the people that I encourage to join the company. We have company safety cookouts and other gatherings. Plus they do a great job with keeping their employees busy working for other Big Businesses.
Terrible experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2018
Don't waste your time. Phone calls and emails go unreturned. Different random person calling to see if you can drop what your doing right now and go work an hour away. They pitch a great story when you interview. They can't keep people, they can't keep full time work. Make no mistake this is a temp agency. The fact they try to make you think it's not, is just another example of twisting the truth. Biggest waste of time ever. If your a convicted felon and/or dope fiend, this is the place for you. If your not then don't bother. Keep looking for a real job. If you desire to go the temp agency route, there are far better agency's than this one. All they do is stick their hand in your pocket. They make no investment in anyone. This was my experience in the Pittsburgh office. Adam krohe, doesn't return calls or emails, they are disorganized, and are there for commission. Money is made on matching terrible employers who can't keep good employees, mixed with exploiting hard working people. Terrible business model....
Pros
Zero
Cons
Read aformentioned post
Great!!
Journeyman Carpenter (Supervisory) (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 23, 2018
I love the fife office. There are so many things that I could say but that would take way to long. Bottom line is that if you are a hard worker, loyal and honest, you will go far and fast. The people here gave me 10 fold what I gave them and thanked me for it. I only left because I was moving and the Oklahoma office wouldn't answer their phones or emails so I can transfer. Best place I've ever worked!!!!
Needing steady employment
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
It would be a good company to work for BUT the office does not produce work .I'm living in a city that is building and they can not line up work. So glad they are getting paid because i am not. I declined other job opportunity's . Because they said they were not a temp office.ha LAZY that's what i see.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work
Its what you make of it
Skilled Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 19, 2018
Don't lie about experience and expect big pay you get tested ived been with them over a year they keep me buddy until snow falls but they have work for that never stopped me from collecting unemployment benefits summer is busy 40 plus hours. Only thing that sucks is you help other contractors that have a hard time keeping or getting employees so some people are really hard to work for tradesman can't do much about cause u wanna get paid so sometime a 18yearold kid can be telling a 40 year 20 years experience guy things to due because tradesmen helps other contractor's with all aspect of construction. Sucks sometimes but making a paychecks
Pros
Work change people change job change
Cons
Some contractors abuse tradesmen workers
great company to work for
Laborer-Carpenter form/frame (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 19, 2018
I started as a laborer and am now a seasoned form carpenter with all kinds of transferable skills. I was treated excellent on every jobsite. I would work for this company again anytime.
Pros
pay was top notch.
Cons
lay offs
Work is always fun wen yu love what your doing
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2018
Tradesmen is a sub contractor company with many good contact with good construction project. How ever i enjoy the work and good carpenters to work with.
Pros
Hour lunches r cool sometimes
Cons
Work on a time schdule
construction
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 17, 2018
good job works good got to be ready to work on the job site i learned a lot of things about tools and how to use them management will be there when you need them
Pros
paychecks
Cons
time of jobs
To much time off
Carpenter painter, drywall repair, electrical, (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 17, 2018
To much time between job. The money I'd ok. But since there is such a gap in between jobs it's not enough to make ends meet. Need a steady source of income.
Pros
Good company
Cons
To much time off
A beginning place to work.
JOURNEYMAN WELDER (Former Employee) –  charlotte and various locationsMarch 16, 2018
Contract work that is destined to end. The workers are in dangerous places and have to be aware of their environment and the contractors leave employees to fend for themselves.
Pros
it's a good place to learn
Cons
It is a stepping stone for better work.
Not a lot of work
Per Diem Construction (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 16, 2018
I don't want to do this right now,
Why is this required?
How much stuff do I need to write until it appears that I fulfilled what you require me to write.
Very respectful staff
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 14, 2018
They treated me with respect. They found me a job right away. They're always available to take my call. After my first job with them ended, they worked hard to find me another. It was I who did not take a second job, not them who could not provide one.
Pros
Respect
So so
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 13, 2018
So so place to work, it’s not too bad place. I wish to be paid more so I am pursuing other options. I think that it the bet choice for me as an individual
Productive and excellent jobs
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMarch 13, 2018
Learn something.new on every job site. Loved going to work everyday. The staffing is excellent and take care of any issues that arise. Fun working atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.3

1.1Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight