Tradesmen International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,098 reviews matching the search See all 1,110 reviews
Its what you make of it
Skilled Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 19, 2018
Don't lie about experience and expect big pay you get tested ived been with them over a year they keep me buddy until snow falls but they have work for that never stopped me from collecting unemployment benefits summer is busy 40 plus hours. Only thing that sucks is you help other contractors that have a hard time keeping or getting employees so some people are really hard to work for tradesman can't do much about cause u wanna get paid so sometime a 18yearold kid can be telling a 40 year 20 years experience guy things to due because tradesmen helps other contractor's with all aspect of construction. Sucks sometimes but making a paychecks
Pros
Work change people change job change
Cons
Some contractors abuse tradesmen workers
great company to work for
Laborer-Carpenter form/frame (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 19, 2018
I started as a laborer and am now a seasoned form carpenter with all kinds of transferable skills. I was treated excellent on every jobsite. I would work for this company again anytime.
Pros
pay was top notch.
Cons
lay offs
Work is always fun wen yu love what your doing
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2018
Tradesmen is a sub contractor company with many good contact with good construction project. How ever i enjoy the work and good carpenters to work with.
Pros
Hour lunches r cool sometimes
Cons
Work on a time schdule
construction
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 17, 2018
good job works good got to be ready to work on the job site i learned a lot of things about tools and how to use them management will be there when you need them
Pros
paychecks
Cons
time of jobs
To much time off
Carpenter painter, drywall repair, electrical, (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 17, 2018
To much time between job. The money I'd ok. But since there is such a gap in between jobs it's not enough to make ends meet. Need a steady source of income.
Pros
Good company
Cons
To much time off
A beginning place to work.
JOURNEYMAN WELDER (Former Employee) –  charlotte and various locationsMarch 16, 2018
Contract work that is destined to end. The workers are in dangerous places and have to be aware of their environment and the contractors leave employees to fend for themselves.
Pros
it's a good place to learn
Cons
It is a stepping stone for better work.
Not a lot of work
Per Diem Construction (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 16, 2018
I don't want to do this right now,
Why is this required?
How much stuff do I need to write until it appears that I fulfilled what you require me to write.
Very respectful staff
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 14, 2018
They treated me with respect. They found me a job right away. They're always available to take my call. After my first job with them ended, they worked hard to find me another. It was I who did not take a second job, not them who could not provide one.
Pros
Respect
So so
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 13, 2018
So so place to work, it’s not too bad place. I wish to be paid more so I am pursuing other options. I think that it the bet choice for me as an individual
Productive and excellent jobs
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMarch 13, 2018
Learn something.new on every job site. Loved going to work everyday. The staffing is excellent and take care of any issues that arise. Fun working atmosphere
Work site manager didn't always have material needed
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2018
when the material was not there the generals became nick pickey. Never enough long term assignment.When on the list for work it takes such a long time to get an assignment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no healthcare, short lunch
Review
Helper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2018
I worked on three jobs while with this company. I like the people at the office and they do a good job finding work for you. The last couple job were out of my line of work but they were good and easy jobs.
single mans job
Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 11, 2018
Single mans job. no time to balance life and work. this job would be your life. paid on receivables makes it hard to make money in the long run. be ready to work hard and hustle
Long hours for minimal money
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 10, 2018
The company gives the idea that the hours spent invested in the job will have great returns, but it isn't true. There is little to no investment in the employees of the company despite touting work/life balance, resources, and training as part of the company culture.
not much to say
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2018
This is a recruiting company and a lot of their jobs are temp work. So you work for a little bit and then you move on to the next job and the next and the next.
good culture
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  south floridaMarch 9, 2018
Good company with a strong market share, Solid business plan and competitive pay and benefits. Culture is competitive but in a good for the company is good for all.
Pros
culture
Cons
hard to find skilled workers
ok place to work
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 7, 2018
ok place to work, went to work in Alaska on a tug boat, it was the first time I had gone to Alaska, management was great, really don't have nothing bad to say about tradesman international
Pros
traveled to Alaska
Cons
temporary
Constant work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 7, 2018
Constant work for days, weeks or even months. When work at a site is finished normally a day or two may pass before new job comes about but not bad. Due to my ability to learn new jobs I felt that what I asked for as an hourly wage was fair but had to accept what was offered due to my situation at the time. Asides from that constant work!
Pros
Constant Work
Cons
Benefits are not good at all
Good at finding work
Feild Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 6, 2018
they have a great attitude and are always willing to help you find what type of job your looking for.
I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
True uncapped earning potential, great work environment, annual sales trip, advancement opportunities, putting skilled tradesmen to work
Cons
Very stressful, need more support, no annual raises for field reps
Advice to Management
Every year I have killed my budget but haven’t ever received a raise! I’ve been told if you want a raise get another order which is insulting. Offer field employees paid holidays and reward veteran FE with a bonus after so many hours. All in all I think we are headed in the right direction.
A stepping stone company not foundation or longevity
Carpenter / Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 6, 2018
At the beginning of employment it seemed to be a great company but overs work wasn't consistent and there no opportunity for advancement. I did enjoy the opportunity of being able to work with many different contractors and performing various tasks.
Pros
got to work with many different contractors and peform various tasks
Cons
lack of consistency and no opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tradesmen International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight