TradeSTAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best Agency in Atlanta
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2018
I walked into the office of TradeStar in the Atlanta location and was treated with so much respect and professionalism.I had a great experience while working with this agency.The staff I found very easy to work with and they provided me with all the resources I needed to complete my jobs.TradeStar works hard to train you and match your skillsets with the best companies in Georgia. If you have a good work ethnic and come on time they will keep you working.Also they contact weekly to make sure your happy with the jobsite your working on.
Pros
Great upper level management and support
stressful bad management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2018
Starting to work on project, being pulled off to perform minute difficult rework. Coming in the next day to no work, or a completely different project. Out of parts, confused leadership, no quality control.
TradeStar is a fair working environment and recruiters are there to work with you and do what they can to get you working as fast as they can
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2018
I was having good working on this company, always provided basic tools and employees with new jobs. Would definitely recommend this company to other people that are on their job hunt. Would go back if necessary.
Tradestar is more then one office
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
While people have had there issues with tradestar in the austin office i will say good things and san antonio office i will say bad things. But it breaks down to who was the person that hired you. Some of the recruiters don't care about you at all and i heard some bad things about the austin office but never experanced any.
Pros
you will probably get your 40 and paid well
Cons
you may not always have work
Great Company
Fire Alarm Install/Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2018
Awesome company, always provided employees with new jobs. Would definitely reccomend this company to other people that are on their job hunt. Would go back if necessary.
fun place to work with travel
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 28, 2018
i would put truck numbers into our software program. and check to see who worked for us still and who didn't. I was doing data entry at my own speed all summer in fort collins co.
Pros
lunch with coworkers. fun to travel with my dad who was my boss
Cons
just a summer job
low voltage cable installer
Contract Low Voltage Cable Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
There was nothing wrong with the typical day and I learned a lot, but as a temp employee I left one company under mysterious circumstances. I was told by the company I was contracted to when and where to be on Monday. Then I got a call from Tradestar saying that my services would no longer be needed at that company. Less than a month later I received a call from the company I was previously contracted out to offering me a job.
Horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2018
Horrible place to work. Management is all around useless and there is a new employee in the office every week. Their pay is way below average and the benefits or lack thereof is horrendous. There are plenty of places like TradeStar that can place you with a company. Please use one of them. Run from TradeStar!!
Cons
No benefits, Low Pay, Horrible Management
A good place to start
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I started off working with this company in 2009. They really helped me get started in the world of networking. Now I really have my connections going.
Pros
Good Pay
Good place to get experience
Access Control and Data Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 9, 2018
They definitely keep you busy. If there are no long projects available be prepared to drive around ongoing projects throughout your city. Learn from each employer and projects and look for a permanent position elsewhere.
Good for Trade jobs
Low Voltage/Fire Alarm Helper (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2018
I am a example of having no experience but was given a opportunity to prove myself. I have learn from all my assignments and I highly recommend to anybody graduated from high school with no college plans to start here.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Worked here for several years and didn't really have any complications for finding work. They usually always kept me busy and never had any problems with finding employment
Pros
Contract work, Works around your availability.
Cons
No good health or dental plans, or any type of vacation or sick pay.
It was a temp agency but kept you busy
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
Like in all contract work the jobs varied, but mostly it was installing structured cabling for ExxonMobil campus in Spring Tx. The work was a construction site with many buildings going up a once, it was sometimes hot and dirty or cold and dirty. I had a large crew working for me at a fast pace but we were able to keep pace and complete our assignment in a timely manner.
Pros
timely pay checks
Cons
dirty
Do you like driving 2 hours a day and not being compensated for it?
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2017
Tradestar is a temp agency so your mileage may vary depending in the job you're assigned. Most of the companies will take advatage of you though, such as making you drive 2 hours a day and refusing to compensate you, or promising to hire you and then never following through.
Pros
Usually get a good amount of hours
Cons
poor compensation
Productive place to work when the jobs are stable
Fire Alarm Technician, Voice & Data Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Alot of the jobs they get for you are just temporary position.
They will tell you that the company's are looking to hire people but 9 times out of 10 its just a temporary position.
The company's don't typically care to much about you, if you don't have any licenses for the position because you are easily replaceable. Work is very inconsistent you maybe working for 2 months than all of a sudden go to working every other week.
You don't really have job security unless your a licensed tech.
Pros
Good Compensation/Insurance
Cons
Inconsistent work
Good place to get started.
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 12, 2017
This is a good place to get started. They had me working within a week and was able to leave undesirable jobs with no problem. After just short of 1 year I landed a full-time job due to them.
Pretty ok company.
Professional Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
This is a pretty good company if you are looking to get into the data installation or electric field and you have no experience. This is more like a temp agency but you can end up with a good company that will take you on permanently.
When work was steady communication was awesome and easy.
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
Typically the drive to work would be far, however sometimes not so bad. Great working environment, very laid back people. A lot of the times we worked outside or in non air conditioned circumstances. Over all I love what I do and need a permeant location to expand in.
Pros
I received more experience
Cons
Work never stayed consistent
Great temp agency to work for
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2017
I've had a good working relationship with tradestar. The only thing is that sometimes there is a big gap in between jobs. Yo can find yourself without work until they can place you somewhere else
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2017
Had a random schedule, and had to be available whenever I was called in. A typical work day consisted of reading blue prints, doing decomp and installs. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.