TradeSTAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2018
Horrible place to work. Management is all around useless and there is a new employee in the office every week. Their pay is way below average and the benefits or lack thereof is horrendous. There are plenty of places like TradeStar that can place you with a company. Please use one of them. Run from TradeStar!!
Cons
No benefits, Low Pay, Horrible Management
A good place to start
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I started off working with this company in 2009. They really helped me get started in the world of networking. Now I really have my connections going.
Pros
Good Pay
Good place to get experience
Access Control and Data Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 9, 2018
They definitely keep you busy. If there are no long projects available be prepared to drive around ongoing projects throughout your city. Learn from each employer and projects and look for a permanent position elsewhere.
Good for Trade jobs
Low Voltage/Fire Alarm Helper (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2018
I am a example of having no experience but was given a opportunity to prove myself. I have learn from all my assignments and I highly recommend to anybody graduated from high school with no college plans to start here.
TradeStar is a fair working environment and recruiters are there to work with you and do what they can to get you working as fast as they can
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Worked here for several years and didn't really have any complications for finding work. They usually always kept me busy and never had any problems with finding employment
Pros
Contract work, Works around your availability.
Cons
No good health or dental plans, or any type of vacation or sick pay.
It was a temp agency but kept you busy
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
Like in all contract work the jobs varied, but mostly it was installing structured cabling for ExxonMobil campus in Spring Tx. The work was a construction site with many buildings going up a once, it was sometimes hot and dirty or cold and dirty. I had a large crew working for me at a fast pace but we were able to keep pace and complete our assignment in a timely manner.
Pros
timely pay checks
Cons
dirty
Do you like driving 2 hours a day and not being compensated for it?
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2017
Tradestar is a temp agency so your mileage may vary depending in the job you're assigned. Most of the companies will take advatage of you though, such as making you drive 2 hours a day and refusing to compensate you, or promising to hire you and then never following through.
Pros
Usually get a good amount of hours
Cons
poor compensation
Productive place to work when the jobs are stable
Fire Alarm Technician, Voice & Data Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Alot of the jobs they get for you are just temporary position.
They will tell you that the company's are looking to hire people but 9 times out of 10 its just a temporary position.
The company's don't typically care to much about you, if you don't have any licenses for the position because you are easily replaceable. Work is very inconsistent you maybe working for 2 months than all of a sudden go to working every other week.
You don't really have job security unless your a licensed tech.
Pros
Good Compensation/Insurance
Cons
Inconsistent work
Good place to get started.
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 12, 2017
This is a good place to get started. They had me working within a week and was able to leave undesirable jobs with no problem. After just short of 1 year I landed a full-time job due to them.
Pretty ok company.
Professional Installer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
This is a pretty good company if you are looking to get into the data installation or electric field and you have no experience. This is more like a temp agency but you can end up with a good company that will take you on permanently.
When work was steady communication was awesome and easy.
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
Typically the drive to work would be far, however sometimes not so bad. Great working environment, very laid back people. A lot of the times we worked outside or in non air conditioned circumstances. Over all I love what I do and need a permeant location to expand in.
Pros
I received more experience
Cons
Work never stayed consistent
Great temp agency to work for
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2017
I've had a good working relationship with tradestar. The only thing is that sometimes there is a big gap in between jobs. Yo can find yourself without work until they can place you somewhere else
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2017
Had a random schedule, and had to be available whenever I was called in. A typical work day consisted of reading blue prints, doing decomp and installs. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.
work
TX. Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
Easy to talk to. Timesheet submittal easy. typical day involved installing new network cable and wireless access points for school district.. Workplace environment was usually working with other cable installers and network engineers and school staff
knowledgeable
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot with this job, how to wire phone cables, how to properly run fiber optic cables, how to cut them without putting a crack in the fibers, or you would have to re-run the whole cable again.
i worked for them for 10 year
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
new management team is really bad they dont care about your safety at all...... they dont understand that bad thing happens if you dont have safety they want you to talk to your foreman after you tell your foreman that you not going to work unsafe they will send you home after that they will lay you off....
Pros
paid holiday after 1600 hours
Cons
i work 10 years. they dont have any hours off what i work ..
good place to learn
COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 15, 2017
good company to get your foot in the door and learn a good trade. they always tried to keep you busy. they covered a large area so it made it easy to get work anywhere.
Great job!
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2017
Company helped me find work when I recently moved to San Antonio with my family. The staff was professional and set the correct expectations for me before entering the field. I am very satisfied with my experience with Tradestar!
Typical day
Technician (Former Employee) –  andersonmill and 183March 14, 2017
Tradestar managed there temporary workers fairly well when i began working there years back and they still do. be it to check up on us and if we are doing well, or be the training given to us before we go out in the feild. i enjoyed everything this company has done for me and how far i had gotten in the fields of work they brought me to.
Staffing agency
Low-Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Install variety of low voltage electrical systems according to specifications, perform routine maintenance on systems, Troubleshioot systems by running diagnostic tests, Analyze diagnostic tests identifying problems, Repair any problems with electrical systems, Provide helpful and professional customer service to the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TradeSTAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.