TRADESTATION Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company
SQL Developer Contractor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 19, 2018
A great company that wants to help you grow. People are open to share knowledge and equip you for success. Management really has an open door policy. All in all great place!
Pros
Friday Breakfast
use to be good
SQL BI Developer/Software Tester/DBA (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 27, 2017
This company has a lot of qualified people, although some have left after new management came in and dismantle the company. Now is not a great place to work.
Unreal expectations for contractors
Software Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 27, 2017
Not much good to say except the project manager was nice. There were unrealistic expectations on the company's side for learning their large, complex C++ project code, with little guidance (or documentation) to help. Lip-service was given to unit testing, but none was really expected.
Pros
Good co-workers and nice project manager
Cons
Too much job stress
Receptionist/Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
I liked working for the company. learned a lot about HR and was able to sharpen my coordinator skills as well. The office was professional and busy. Miss all of my coworkers
Pros
Breakfast every Friday
Cons
Too many changes
Think twice before you apply...
CS, Operations, Sales (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 20, 2016
Ever since the company wide restructuring happened at the end of April 2016 letting go over 100 people, the CEO of the company leaving in March 2016 & new upper management changes, I would tell you to think twice before applying. I've given 15 years of my life to this company. You're lucky if you get a 3% raise yearly. Bonus??? What's that? The employees work hard and for nothing, it's not even noticed. The Sales Dept gets the glory while the Operations Dept get no acknowledgement. CS short staff and SO micromanaged. Even after getting acquired by Monex you would think that the new owners would make some positive changes. Nope! They're just there to get their hands on the software and it would not surprise me if there is still a Corporate office located in Plantation, FL down the road.To who's all still there, prepare yourself after having the majority of the Operations Dept functions moved to the new location in Chicago. Truthfully, I'm not bitter. I just see things in a much clearer way now.
Pros
I'll get back to you...
Cons
Mangement, Health Benefits, No yearly raises or bonus.
Great comapny to work for.
CS Rep Accting Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for, they are willing to train employees so that they can better themselves and move up thru the company. There was no typical day at work as I not only did my job but also covered for 5 other people should they not be able to come into work. In the 17 years with the company I learnt so much not only for management but from great co-workers.
Pros
Great company spirt.
Cons
Distant I had to travel to get to work.
This ship is getting sold
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
The company is not in the best position. All the upper management has been replaced with the management that brokered the Options House/ Peak6/ Trade monster merger. They just laid off close to 80 individuals to for fat trimming purposes.

The CEO that was there for 20 years left because he knew what was happening. The culture is changing and uncertain. I wish anyone that ventures here (thats not formally Options House) luck, because you're gonna need it.
Pros
Great pay, awesome benefits, great company events
Cons
The work is terrible and soul sucking. All new upper management. Fearful working environment.
Productive and fun environment with ping pong table
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 8, 2015
Good company to work with. Co-workers passionate about cutting edge, latest, open source technologies.

Management and process needs improvement, especially since the company is growing.
Pros
Free breakfast Friday, current technologies
Cons
Management issues
Young group of co-workers looking to learn
Senior Vice President of Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2013
A great group that had alot of enthusiasm coming to work everyday
Pros
casual work enviroment
Cons
ownership change
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ilFebruary 20, 2013
As a former employee TS is a good place to work. I worked in the Chicago office and all the guys I worked with were great and compensation was fair.
Pros
fantastic people to work with