Traditions Spirits Employee Reviews

Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKOctober 2, 2018
Traditions is an AMAZING company to work for i love all my MANAGERS from Chip N Ales to Ihop.. They are great about going out of there way to do whatever they need to do to help you to become a better person
Pros
gret coworkers
Winstar World Casino
Bartender/ Barback / Commissary (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 29, 2018
Working at Traditions Spirits is like smoking. You are slowly killing yourself everyday but you enjoy it for the first few years, then towards the end you regret ever starting.
Pros
Your awesome coworkers, and the wheel barrel full of cash you get every night.
Cons
Micromanagement. It may have changed since I was there.
Fast pace job, alot of people,very loud
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 14, 2018
My job with NYC burger and dogs through tradition spirits as a cashier.it was a very good job.i was able to meet a bunch of new people everyday there.
Enjoyed my time
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 1, 2018
Traditions was a great company to work for. The leaders of the company worked very hard to ensure its associates were bought in on their mission.

Decent salary for management. Area average for hourly.

Beneifits were okay.
Lack of empathy toward employees
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJuly 19, 2018
They Cate nothing for the average employee, if your not high upper management your nothing to them but a body to make them money. I don't suggest ever applying for a job with this company....... ever.
Poor upper management
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 13, 2018
Extremely poor upper management, including HR. You will be working doubles multiple times a week. They won’t hire enough employees to cover call ins. They will terminate you for no reason, or false reasons.
Pros
Cons
No scheduled breaks, if you even get one.
Okay place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMay 11, 2018
Given that there are multiple outlets to work at for Traditions, I can only speak to the two outlets I worked at.

My primary outlet was more out of the way and was not examined too closely by much of upper management. It definitely felt as though my outlet was more of a black sheep.

Management of my outlet changed during my time there, and the new manager was not, in my opinion, a good pick for a manager. Upper management had also changed but only recently, and I had very little interaction with the new managers.
Fun work place!
Server (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKMay 7, 2018
Great atmosphere, fun crowd, good pay. Pretty forgiving attendance policy , they really try to work with you, if your sick or have family situations. Overall staff is layed back and management does a good job of working with employees and customers to make a good working environment!
Pros
Many
Cons
None so far
Busy,understaffed
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKApril 18, 2018
no breaks, no lunches, can't hardly use the restroom, always understaffed, unfriendly lower and upper management, not fairly compensated, no days off unless you work 3 weeks straight, they don't care about yours or your families well-being, all they care about is making that money no matter what
Pros
interesting people, tips
Cons
no days off, unfair treatment
Fun place to work
Assistant general manager (Current Employee) –  WinstarApril 16, 2018
Have had a great learning and work experience been a bit challenging but overall fair needs improvement in communication efforts all around decent experience
Pros
Food allowance daily
Cons
Work alot of extra hours
Potential to make lots of money, if you’re willing to deal with money hungry coworkers
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKMarch 5, 2018
Have a lot great memories from this job. Made lifelong friends, and have had a couple of the best managers I have ever had. But with that being said, there are some people in management at Winstar that are overwhelmingly condescending, and unsympathetic to employees problems.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Dry spells/ slow nights(no money)
It was ok
Packing and stocking (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 8, 2018
I started off working night shifts, then went to morning shift starting the new year. But I was only working through a temp, so I was always on and off working.
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Cons
Good breaks
Better then no job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Traditions spirits has a mission statement that they try and beat in your head . But refuse to follow themself no work ethics discrimination advancement Poor management .
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Poor work environment poor management
Its a good company to start at
Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 1, 2017
The company is focused on success and they do achieve that. The employees work hard and some get recognized for it but not all. The compensation for what everyone does is not responsible.
Not a terrible place to work
COCKTAIL WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OKJuly 13, 2017
It was as would be expected as a cocktail waitress. Coworkers were fun. Money was good at first then slowed way down, had to find new job due to not making any money.
No promotions
No say (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 23, 2017
I have been here for three years now and still have yet to recieve a raise, and I also get asked to do tasks that should be a managers job. The benefits are not great and you are required to work long hours without knowing what time you will be getting off everyday.
Flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 17, 2017
Good company to work for. They care about their employees. They find the right place for you also. There's also a lot of opportunities to grow in the company.
Enjoyable, Fast Paced workplace
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OKFebruary 1, 2017
I would go in, and clean the bartop, get ice, bottles, cups, salt, etc. while I was there I learned how to mix a few drinks.
The management was always willing to work with your schedule, and always had a smile on.
Id say the hardest part of the job was rotating the beer.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers and having conversations with them.
Pros
Learned how to make drinks
Cons
not enough hours
Fun exciting place to work
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle CasinoNovember 1, 2016
Something new everyday and really good tips. Really good food! Fun environment. Work freedom. Long hours though. Easy place to have build regular customers.
Good job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 10, 2016
The job and work environment was great the people was good just needed more hours and more ability to advance in the work place but other then that it was good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Traditions Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about